Does Miles Morales always lose? Miles vs Daredevil

Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) 2 years, 5 months ago

Poll: Does Miles Morales always lose? Miles vs Daredevil (78 votes)

Miles Wins 44%
Miles Loses 53%
Maybe, not sure. 4%

Credit to @k4tzm4n own Does Batman Always Win segments. Check them out. Every week or two I will make a new match, and keep track of Miles wins and losses. Have some stats if Miles as a Spider man character simply lose all the time to other Street Tiers. See what he looks like after a few months of street tiers. Miles Current Streak.

Losses

Miles vs Batman Beyond

Miles vs Blade

Miles vs X-23

Miles vs Black Panther

Miles vs Red Hood

Wins

Miles vs Bane

Draws

None

This Weeks Match.

No Caption Provided

Battle forum rules.

• Death or KO.
  • Standard Gear. As in gear used more than once and easily reachable for said character.
  • Start 20 feet apart in a city street.
  • No BFR.
  • Morals on and in character.
  • Everyone is current or last seen for versions.

Match will close Friday. Results will be tallied in the next post.

#1 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

No one? Really?

#2 Edited by BruceRogers (17789 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanna make a case for my boy Matt but I genuinely know nothing about Miles

#3 Posted by tparks (11807 posts) - - Show Bio

If Miles was able to beat Bane in votes, he had better beat DareDevil, since we are using the latest versions in these threads.

Current Bane would beat DareDevil for a high majority. Banes has been on a path of destruction, taking out every character in Gotham with ease.

So if people voted for Miles to beat Bane in the last thread, they should definitely vote for him to win in this thread.

This will be a good test to see how much people would rather vote against Cadence then for logic.

#4 Posted by BruceRogers (17789 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks: I hate to off topic but are you talking about current Bane with venom? Cause regular Bane will lose to or at the best stalemate Matt

#5 Posted by tparks (11807 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by BruceRogers (17789 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks: Yeah, I agree. I heard he has improved a lot so I guess I should check it out for myself

#7 Posted by Rusti (397 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil has the skill advantage no doubt, but I'm not sure if It's enough to overcome Spidey's physical superiority & webbing

#8 Posted by tparks (11807 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers: Ya. Batman is getting some serious respect to his rogues gallery right now with what Allstar is doing with unique villain stories, and how Bane and Lady Shiva are being written as extremely OP.

#9 Edited by BruceRogers (17789 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks said:

@brucerogers: Ya. Batman is getting some serious respect to his rogues gallery right now with what Allstar is doing with unique villain stories, and how Bane and Lady Shiva are being written as extremely OP.

I noticed. Hopefully they keep it up and I would love to see Bane take revenge on Catwoman >:P

#11 Posted by jashro44 (55126 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks said:

If Miles was able to beat Bane in votes, he had better beat DareDevil, since we are using the latest versions in these threads.

Current Bane would beat DareDevil for a high majority. Banes has been on a path of destruction, taking out every character in Gotham with ease.

So if people voted for Miles to beat Bane in the last thread, they should definitely vote for him to win in this thread.

This will be a good test to see how much people would rather vote against Cadence then for logic.

To be fair Matts radar sense allows him to counter Miles camouflage unlike Bane. Also I can't speak for everyone else but when I voted for Miles last week I kind of based Bane off of his post crisis self. I haven't kept up with rebirth much.

#12 Edited by TheWatcherKing (18904 posts) - - Show Bio

Miles definitely, miles already knows about the fact that DD is blind and has radar sense so this plus his superior stats should give him the advantage.

But as for who will win the votes Matthew Murdock.

#13 Posted by LordWhiskers (731 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd back Matt here in a decent fight.

Avatar image for christianrapper
#14 Posted by christianrapper (6588 posts) - - Show Bio

is this thread a running gag or something? from what i have seen on this site, people usually agree that he beats the average street leveler. aren't there threads where he has beaten batman, robin, nightwing, and the like.

#15 Edited by tparks (11807 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Fair enough, but I tend to forget about Mile's camouflage in battle threads, since pretty much every scan I see of him in fights doesn't really show him using it. So I didn't really take that into account when I was speaking of Bane. I'm not sure if anyone does that often, because he should have won most, if not all, of these battles if he was invisible the whole time during them.

#16 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@christianrapper said:

is this thread a running gag or something? from what i have seen on this site, people usually agree that he beats the average street leveler. aren't there threads where he has beaten batman, robin, nightwing, and the like.

The gag is people bias. There is many threads where Miles loses matches to street levelers. Miles is kinda unlike for many reasons. He has racism against him at times, being a African American and Hispanic. He was the original poster child for the recent SJW movement in Marvel comics that everyone hates. He is the reminder of Ultimate Marvel that many mainstream Marvel fans dislike or underrate. He also took the mantle of Spider man from Ultimate Peter which Ultimate Marvel fans hated, myself included to some degree. All this adds up against Miles as a weak character for vs forums.

So I made this series to get him more respect and impartial arguments I myself have not really at all debated in these series of threads. I know people spite me for it if I did. So this is all comicvine opinions.

Whether people take it serious or not is there problem.

#17 Posted by Revan- (7959 posts) - - Show Bio

Deus ex venom sting should give Miles the win.

#18 Edited by kgb725 (19983 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom sting and it's over

#19 Posted by Wewlad80 (3411 posts) - - Show Bio

Basically, People dont like Miles Because 1. hes Black and 2. "He gets in Peters way" and 3. Hes also Black

#20 Posted by jashro44 (55126 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks said:

@jashro44: Fair enough, but I tend to forget about Mile's camouflage in battle threads, since pretty much every scan I see of him in fights doesn't really show him using it. So I didn't really take that into account when I was speaking of Bane. I'm not sure if anyone does that often, because he should have won most, if not all, of these battles if he was invisible the whole time during them.

Black Panther can totally still sense him while he is camouflaged :p

#21 Posted by jashro44 (55126 posts) - - Show Bio
@wewlad80 said:
@christianrapper said:

Basically, People dont like Miles Because 1. hes Black and 2. "He gets in Peters way" and 3. Hes also Black

I doubt people hate him cause he's black (at least on comicvine). The part about Peter is true though.

#22 Posted by christianrapper (6588 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: a lot of people hate him because he is black. Heck, he is black and Hispanic. Some come out and say it and others use code words like p.c. and other mess like that.

#23 Posted by Cosmic_Templar (2571 posts) - - Show Bio

Miles wins this.

#25 Posted by those_eyes (17291 posts) - - Show Bio

@wewlad80 said:
@christianrapper said:

#26 Posted by Black_Arrow (10298 posts) - - Show Bio
@tparks said:

I actually forgot about Current Bane. He might have been able to beat Miles considering that he beat both Solomon Grundy and Amygdala at the same time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
#27 Edited by deactivated-5a89ca5697052 (8063 posts) - - Show Bio

Good fight.

50/50

#28 Edited by tparks (11807 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18904 posts) - - Show Bio

@christianrapper said:

The gag is people bias. There is many threads where Miles loses matches to street levelers. Miles is kinda unlike for many reasons. He has racism against him at times, being a African American and Hispanic. He was the original poster child for the recent SJW movement in Marvel comics that everyone hates. He is the reminder of Ultimate Marvel that many mainstream Marvel fans dislike or underrate. He also took the mantle of Spider man from Ultimate Peter which Ultimate Marvel fans hated, myself included to some degree. All this adds up against Miles as a weak character for vs forums.

So I made this series to get him more respect and impartial arguments I myself have not really at all debated in these series of threads. I know people spite me for it if I did. So this is all comicvine opinions.

If you like miles why do you hate that he took the spider-man mantle?

#32 Posted by christianrapper (6588 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz said:
@christianrapper said:

If you like miles why do you hate that he took the spider-man mantle?

no, because 616 is still around. spidey is mentoring him. it's the same with a whole bunch of comic book characters. there were 50 hulks running around and a whole bunch of supermen. there are also a bunch of spiderman characters, too. we have spidergwen, kaine, scarlett spider, and the rest.

#33 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18904 posts) - - Show Bio

@christianrapper: I know all that but I am asking why he was upset that Miles took the mantle from ultimate peter parker when he was still an ultimate character when he likes miles.

#34 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@christianrapper: I know all that but I am asking why he was upset that Miles took the mantle from ultimate peter parker when he was still an ultimate character when he likes miles.

Because Ultimate Peter was the shit, and his death was a major decline in Ultimate comics.

#35 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone?

Avatar image for don_higashikata
#36 Posted by Don_Higashikata (729 posts) - - Show Bio

"Miles wins: Bane"

Looooooooool

#37 Posted by christianrapper (6588 posts) - - Show Bio

I know all that but I am asking why he was upset that Miles took the mantle from ultimate peter parker when he was still an ultimate character when he likes miles.

oh, it seemed liked you were talking to me. it's hard to tell when there are multiple names in the response.

#38 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

Miles wins this lack luster match.

No Caption Provided

#39 Posted by Eto (5366 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: look at the results now.

Radar sense > Spider sense.

#40 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@eto said:

@sirfizzwhizz: look at the results now.

Radar sense > Spider sense.

And? The Results had 7 days to change. They change over to DD after I called it? How suspicious :)

#41 Posted by Eto (5366 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by LDM (5362 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is this so close ? Shouldn't Mile logically stomps ?

#43 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@ldm said:

Why is this so close ? Shouldn't Mile logically stomps ?

Yes, but on this website, comicvine I mean, their is a running gag and bias against Miles character. Its fascinating.