• 62 results
Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) 1 year, 5 months ago

Poll: Does Godzilla Always Win? Godzilla vs Naruto (78 votes)

Godzilla (Movies and Comics) 74%
Naruto (Manga and Anime) 23%
Maybe, not sure. 3%

Thanks to the popular Does Batman Always Win segments by @k4tzm4n. This segments match up is base on the world famous radioactive lizard and his awesome comic runs from IDW comics. Every week I will make a new match, and keep track of Godzilla's wins and losses. At the end we can see where Comicvine places The King of the Monsters in terms to other characters in battles.

Losses

Godzilla (IDW) vs New 52/Post Crisis Sinestro

Wins

Godzilla (IDW) vs Magneto

Godzilla (Movies and Comics) vs New 52/Post Crisis Supergirl

Draws

None

This Weeks Match

No Caption Provided

Battle Forum Rules

• Death or KO.
  • Standard Gear. As in gear used more than once, and easily reachable for said character.
  • Start 20 feet apart in a city street.
  • Morals on and in character.
  • Everyone is current or last seen for versions.

Match will close Friday. Results will be tallied in the next post.

#1 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

Wew lads here we go.

Avatar image for masterskywalker
#3 Posted by MasterSkywalker (3609 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#4 Posted by Lord_Spectrum (4244 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#6 Posted by Old_Blighty (850 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#7 Edited by TheWatcherKing (18622 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided
#8 Posted by ITACHI_IS_GAWD (472 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty sure Godzilla has tanked stronger attacks than what Naruto has in store for him.

#9 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

So no arguments just meme gifs. Sigh.......

#10 Posted by Old_Blighty (850 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
#11 Posted by ProteusXManRxis (4464 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by sladerulez (10000 posts) - - Show Bio

I have said this before. Naruto can beat any film incarnation. However, IDW puts him on a scale higher than Naruto's capabilities.

#13 Posted by HitTheAssasin (8531 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: does Godzilla have the DC required to harm Naruto? Consider Naruto has tanked a moon splitting attack with little to no damage whilst not being at full power. I'm asking because I have no idea of what Godzulla is capable of interms of DC etc.

#14 Edited by thelocust619 (7854 posts) - - Show Bio

@hittheassasin: Godzilla and space Godzilla blew up Earth with a beam clash in Godzilla Goes to Hell (comic).

His h2h in Godzilla Against Mothra was enough to slam Battra through a presumably shallow part of the Earth's crust into the mantle, survive in it, and reemerged miles away from Mt fuji...essentially tanking being underneath the country of Japan.

Also, Godzilla's breath and passive aoe cause cancer. Like...on screen, in the first movie, there's an entire 5 minutes dedicated to showing people dying of radiation poisoning just from being remotely near him while he took a walk. In a book (I forget the name, but it ended with GZ knocking the world Trade Center onto king ghidorah ftw), a guy got gooped in Godzilla blood and died of what amounts to instant supercancer.

Coincidentally he also absorbs radiation, so the thing is somehow emitting and reabsorbing intense radiation constantly in an aoe.

Finally, in his burning form, in the original ending to G vs Destroyah, he killed Destroyah by holding onto it and...existing. just his passive heat vaporized it.

#15 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@thelocust619: don't forget busting a black hole force field and the earth busting meteor in Final Wars.

#16 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18622 posts) - - Show Bio

What argument can be made? Godzilla is planet level from what I know, while Naruto is not.

#17 Posted by HitTheAssasin (8531 posts) - - Show Bio

@thelocust619:

Godzilla and space Godzilla blew up Earth with a beam clash in Godzilla Goes to Hell (comic).

Wow. That's really impressive. Any specific context to this feat that would make it less/more impressive? Also, is this consistent for Godzilla's DC? From what I've seen, he's got no other feats even remotely comparable to that one interns of DC.

His h2h in Godzilla Against Mothra was enough to slam Battra through a presumably shallow part of the Earth's crust into the mantle, survive in it, and reemerged miles away from Mt fuji...essentially tanking being underneath the country of Japan.

Impressive, but it's not enough to permanently down Naruto as the latter has tanked more severe attacks like a beam that split the moon. Also, does Godzilla even have the speed to tag Naruto, who has reacted to and dodged a confirmed light speed attack? TBH, I don't see what's stopping Naruto from blitzing and bombarding Godzilla with energy attacks or punches or TSBs.

Also, Godzilla's breath and passive aoe cause cancer. Like...on screen, in the first movie, there's an entire 5 minutes dedicated to showing people dying of radiation poisoning just from being remotely near him while he took a walk.

Yeah, that's pretty OP. Nevertheless, Naruto has shown some really impressive healing/regen feats such as regenarting Kakashi's eye almost instantly. Additionally, he has a Kyuubi Chakra Cloak to protect him from stuff like that. Also, that should take at least some time to kill him, shouldn't it?

In a book (I forget the name, but it ended with GZ knocking the world Trade Center onto king ghidorah ftw), a guy got gooped in Godzilla blood and died of what amounts to instant supercancer.

The blood wouldn't ever even touch Naruto, considering his Kyuubi Chakra Cloak which covers his entire body and has already withstood the likes of Amaterasu and other powerful attacks

Coincidentally he also absorbs radiation, so the thing is somehow emitting and reabsorbing intense radiation constantly in an aoe.

Finally, in his burning form, in the original ending to G vs Destroyah, he killed Destroyah by holding onto it and...existing. just his passive heat vaporized it.

That....I'm not gonna lie that sounds highly inconsistent, unless you can show other scenes of Godzilla's passive heat amounting to anything really signifiant, because IIRC Godzilla didn't exactly go running around vaporising everything he came in contact with in the movies or even the comics.

Honestly, I'm thinking Naruto could win here, but you're welcome to prove me wrong.

#18 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@hittheassasin: it's not passive heat. It's called. Nuclear pulse. Blasting out h8s heat beam in aoe from the body. This is something Godzilla does ALOT in movies and comics.

I also posted a link of feats in post 2. You should breeze through it.

#19 Posted by HitTheAssasin (8531 posts) - - Show Bio

@hittheassasin: it's not passive heat. It's called. Nuclear pulse. Blasting out h8s heat beam in aoe from the body. This is something Godzilla does ALOT in movies and comics.

Ah, I see. That could prove a serious threat considering Naruto's hilariously bad showings against heat based attacks, such a flinching and getting burned by lava and not being able to tank Amaterasu, despite it's only heat feat being that it surpasses white-hot fire(well, it was stated as having the heat of the sun, but that's severely contradicted by feats). Just how hot is Godzilla's Nuclear Pulse and does he use it a lot in-character?

#20 Posted by sladerulez (10000 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: if you want an argument, exclude IDW. Other than that, i can't make an argument.

If this was pure H2H, I'd give it to Naruto, since he has lifted and threw a mountain golem.

Naruto's strongest bijuudama could carry a mountain golem to the other side of a hollow moon and through the crust. That's over 2000 miles the bijuudama traveled.

And if we count games, Naruto kinda made a black hole. Somehow.

#21 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

That's your fault for making Godzilla vs Naruto. You're just lucky the Narutards haven't arrived yet.

#22 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: true though I could not think of any anime that was popular enough and close to GZ.

Avatar image for major_hellstrom
#23 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (18044 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: But Naruto losses to everyone on the list. Even those Zilla beat.

#24 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: Well I was hoping some of them would show up actually, it would make this more entertaining at least.

#25 Posted by phillip33 (4493 posts) - - Show Bio

Godzilla stomps this imo. Naruto can’t get past his regen and Godzilla has better damage output.

#26 Edited by thelocust619 (7854 posts) - - Show Bio

@hittheassasin: It is somewhat inconsistent with other incarnations, but that incarnation went on to later kill God. Like, the Christian god. Other things other GZs busted in their careers were meteors, a mountain lvl black hole, a robot with armor capable of reflecting Godzilla's base blast at 10,000x power, and enemies that tanked the blast that ultimately melted that robot's armor.There's versions of GZ Naruto would steamroll, but composite is combining like 6 or 7 different monsters all with different strengths and weaknesses. A composite version is several tiers above any individual version.

As for speed, GZ mostly has feats tagging supersonic to hypersonic targets pretty casually, and has a couple feats of tagging ftl targets with enough distance, and iirc Space Godzilla, in his ftl (travel) crystal form, b-lined across space directly to Godzilla in an ftl tackle. Not a reaction feat but still interesting. To close the speed gap, Godzilla's breath is lightspeed itself (depending on incarnation) and he has the 360° nuke pulse sirfizz mentioned, on top of his passive radiation and heat. Also, counting Shin, he can detect and nail targets without looking, even in the upper atmosphere...with a mouth beam, a tail beam, and like a dozen beams fired from its scutes (back spikes). Even while sleeping.

I don't think his radiation would passively get through the cloak, but even a glancing hit from a blast might. Any hit that pierced it enough to deal damage logically should.

On mobile, so I'll make a new post for this last part to include sfw.

PS. Of note is composite godzilla's biology...buckle up: He is a ghost zombie robot dinosaur composed of demonic hyper-evolving microorganisms that can each act independently and is also the living incarnation of everyone who died in WW2. Idk how u'd even begin to harm this thing short of total vaporization...

#27 Edited by thelocust619 (7854 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: @hittheassasin: Against Destroyah I don't think that was a nuke pulse. The reason his heat was so effective then was because it was steadily increasing until then, where he was on the absolute verge of his meltdown...he died himself a second later. This is the same passive heat that was going to superheated the Earth's atmosphere and kill all life before melting through the planet to the Earth's core (before GZ Jr absorbed it and saved the world).

#28 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: @hittheassasin: Against Destroyah I don't think that was a nuke pulse. The reason his heat was so effective then was because it was steadily increasing until then, where he was on the absolute verge of his meltdown...he died himself a second later. This is the same passive heat that was going to superheated the Earth's atmosphere and kill all life before melting through the planet to the Earth's core (before GZ Jr absorbed it and saved the world).

Ah yes, very true.

PS. Of note is composite godzilla's biology...buckle up: He is a ghost zombie robot dinosaur composed of demonic hyper-evolving microorganisms that can each act independently and is also the living incarnation of everyone who died in WW2. Idk how u'd even begin to harm this thing short of total vaporization...

Well when discussing composite on battle forums, you take the more consistent versions over the extreme different versions.

#29 Edited by thelocust619 (7854 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: Fair enough on the biology, cuz this was getting pretty Lovecraftian lol I hurt myself just trying to imagine it

#30 Posted by Godren (3802 posts) - - Show Bio

Godzilla wins every time eventually even if Naruto kills one the lesser versions somehow he still dies of cancer in the end.

#31 Posted by HitTheAssasin (8531 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, based on what I've been told Godzilla should win with anywhere from mid to high-diff.

#32 Posted by jashro44 (53923 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:

That's your fault for making Godzilla vs Naruto. You're just lucky the Narutards haven't arrived yet.

Don't use the term narutard. Its not allowed.

#33 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Apologies, forgot about that rule. Won't use it again.

#34 Posted by Warlockmage (9390 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for dragonborntookanarrowtotheknee
#36 Edited by DragonBornTookAnArrowToTheKnee789 (407 posts) - - Show Bio

After reading some of the feats/spoilers for Godzilla in the Monster Planet Series ((Via the graphic novel and film itself)) then Godzilla slaughters.

He's height is 300 meters aka right near 1000 feet tall.

In an operation to trap and destroy him he was also hit by around 150 nuclear weapons ((this is stated in the prequel novel and film))

#38 Posted by POCULARTUNOS (47 posts) - - Show Bio

Naruto is Hokage now, he wins. Much too fast for Godzilla and can hit very hard as well; It would take a long time and it would not be easy but I say Naruto wins.

Avatar image for purpledeadragon
#39 Posted by PurpleDeaDragon (2186 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't we use his feats from the new Netflix movie?

#40 Edited by gallavant123 (254 posts) - - Show Bio

@hittheassasin said:

@thelocust619:

Godzilla and space Godzilla blew up Earth with a beam clash in Godzilla Goes to Hell (comic).

Wow. That's really impressive. Any specific context to this feat that would make it less/more impressive? Also, is this consistent for Godzilla's DC? From what I've seen, he's got no other feats even remotely comparable to that one interns of DC.

Impressive, but it's not enough to permanently down Naruto as the latter has tanked more severe attacks like a beam that split the moon. Also, does Godzilla even have the speed to tag Naruto, who has reacted to and dodged a confirmed light speed attack? TBH, I don't see what's stopping Naruto from blitzing and bombarding Godzilla with energy attacks or punches or TSBs.

Also, Godzilla's breath and passive aoe cause cancer. Like...on screen, in the first movie, there's an entire 5 minutes dedicated to showing people dying of radiation poisoning just from being remotely near him while he took a walk.

Yeah, that's pretty OP. Nevertheless, Naruto has shown some really impressive healing/regen feats such as regenarting Kakashi's eye almost instantly. Additionally, he has a Kyuubi Chakra Cloak to protect him from stuff like that. Also, that should take at least some time to kill him, shouldn't it?

In a book (I forget the name, but it ended with GZ knocking the world Trade Center onto king ghidorah ftw), a guy got gooped in Godzilla blood and died of what amounts to instant supercancer.

The blood wouldn't ever even touch Naruto, considering his Kyuubi Chakra Cloak which covers his entire body and has already withstood the likes of Amaterasu and other powerful attacks

That....I'm not gonna lie that sounds highly inconsistent, unless you can show other scenes of Godzilla's passive heat amounting to anything really signifiant, because IIRC Godzilla didn't exactly go running around vaporising everything he came in contact with in the movies or even the comics.

Honestly, I'm thinking Naruto could win here, but you're welcome to prove me wrong.

There's other instances in the same part of the canon alone. The powerup that gave Godzilla the red spiral ray ability melted off Mechagodzilla's NT-20 Super Heat Shield.

As for the Destroyah scene part, Godzilla was basically going Yamamoto. His power fluctuates from Blue - Red - Yellow - White. Usuallly he stays at blue, or the lower end of red. That version in particular is so strong that its struggling to maintain its own body. When it reaches white levels of power output, that means hes dieing.

#41 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#42 Posted by sideSHOWbill (356 posts) - - Show Bio

GODZILLA STOMPS

#43 Posted by Farkam (12057 posts) - - Show Bio

Godzilla takes a huge radioactive dump on the glowing yellow fruitcake.

Avatar image for masterskywalker
#44 Posted by MasterSkywalker (3609 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll go with Godzilla

#45 Posted by rawsos (155 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by destinyman75 (15263 posts) - - Show Bio

Godzilla Regen is way too much stomps Naruto

#47 Posted by TakenStew22 (2639 posts) - - Show Bio

Godzilla dropkicks.

#48 Posted by Oreo6 (666 posts) - - Show Bio

If this is Hokage Naruto then i honestly think he wins.

Godzilla is definitely faster than him although Hokage Naruto should be MFTL, id still give Godzilla thr speed for traveling across the universe and regenerating factor is up in the air. Godzilla regened half there body and more but Naruto as a kid with no tails regend a lung.

Naruto literally dominates in durability and strength though scaling from momoshiki. Like its not even close.

Naruto wins 9/10

#49 Posted by Oreo6 (666 posts) - - Show Bio

@destinyman75: Godzilla's regen is good but i don't think theyd take 10 cellular destroying elemental rasenshurikens at once. The same attack Naruto did to Kaguya.

#50 Posted by TakenStew22 (2639 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...