Does Darth Vader Always Win? Darth Vader vs Vergil

Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) 1 year, 8 months ago

Poll: Does Darth Vader Always Win? Darth Vader vs Vergil (47 votes)

Legends Darth Vader 49%
Pre Reboot Vergil 38%
Maybe, not sure. 13%

Thanks to the popular Does Batman Always Win segments by @k4tzm4n, and the recent Does Miles Morales Always Lose, I decided to make one for the infamous Dark Lord. Every week or two I will make a new match, and keep track of Vader's wins and losses. At the end we can see where Comicvine places The Dark Lord in terms to other characters in battles.

Losses

None

Wins

Canon Darth Vader vs New 52 Midnighter

Darth Vader vs New 52 Aquaman

Darth Vader vs Warmachine

Draws

None

This Weeks Match

No Caption Provided

Battle Forum Rules

• Death or KO.
  • Standard Gear. As in gear used more than once, and easily reachable for said character.
  • Start 20 feet apart in a city street.
  • Morals on and in character.
  • Everyone is current or last seen for versions.

Match will close Friday. Results will be tallied in the next post.

Avatar image for mylittlefascist
#2 Posted by MyLittleFascist (32501 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: Aren't Legend characters like... FTL or something?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
#3 Posted by deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f (6669 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: Aren't Legend characters like... FTL or something?

Hell no. Like, hypersonic to massively hypersonic.

#4 Posted by MyLittleFascist (32501 posts) - - Show Bio

@jardinain2: I have seen nano-second statements and stuff like that.

#5 Posted by deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f (6669 posts) - - Show Bio

@jardinain2: I have seen nano-second statements and stuff like that.

From Grandmaster Luke, not Vader.

#6 Posted by MyLittleFascist (32501 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f (6669 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: Yeah, but Vader should be considerably behind both of them based on feats.

#8 Posted by jashugan (6652 posts) - - Show Bio

Canon Darth Vader? I'm leaning towards Vergil

#9 Posted by MyLittleFascist (32501 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: Yeah, but Vader should be considerably behind both of them based on feats.

How hypersonic is he then? I'd put Vergil in the Mach 10ish range for combat speeds. Higher for maximum run speed though.

#10 Edited by deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f (6669 posts) - - Show Bio

@jardinain2 said:

How hypersonic is he then? I'd put Vergil in the Mach 10ish range for combat speeds. Higher for maximum run speed though.

Uh, idk ask Decaf or Fizz, I don't know Star Wars that well. IIRC Decaf told me he was around, mach 12ish range.

#11 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio
@jashugan said:

Canon Darth Vader? I'm leaning towards Vergil

Um , bro.

No Caption Provided

Can you read?

#12 Posted by jashugan (6652 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: When I made that post, there was no Legends next to Vader

#13 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashugan said:

@sirfizzwhizz: When I made that post, there was no Legends next to Vader

Thats funny because YOU CANNOT EDIT POLLS. Clearly it was there and you just failed to read it. :/

#14 Posted by jashugan (6652 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@jardinain2 said:
@zetsumoto said:
@jardinain2 said:

Uh, idk ask Decaf or Fizz, I don't know Star Wars that well. IIRC Decaf told me he was around, mach 12ish range.

Faster thanks to reaction time. He has battle precog.

Farsight

Farsight allows a Jedi to be guided by the Force and see things before they happen.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Anakin has made use of limited Farsight than most Jedi. Able to see glimpses of the immediate future. As shown, and stated, Look could see attacks before they happen.

No Caption Provided

A ability credited to Skywalker as a young child, and how he is able to Pod Race.

No Caption Provided

Anakin uses Farsight in his Pod Racing.

No Caption Provided

Anakin predicts the attacks coming before they happen. Knowing how to counter before the attacking foe attacks.

No Caption Provided

States Anakin in the force can anticipate the angles of the blaster fire, and forsee the angles and trajectories it would take to slap back.

Speed Feats

Some speed feats of Anakin/Vader

No Caption Provided

Anakin is a blur to Obi Wan who had no chance to even help in the fight. Obi Wan who can move as a blut to humans and droids.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Anakin with incredible agility out speeds missiles to cut them down.

No Caption Provided

Anakin out speeds blaster tank fire.

No Caption Provided

Vader moves faster than a Blaster Bolt can travel the space of a few feet.

No Caption Provided

Stated the lightsaber blades between Vader and Starkiller were only visible as blurs.

The faint click of metallic weapons reached his ears. Faster than thought, Vader drew and ignited his lightsaber. In the same moment, small openings appeared in the walls and ceiling, and hidden blasters fired. Energy beams rained down on the Dark Lord and his soldiers. Stormtroopers cried out as blaster bolts shattered their white armor.

At least a dozen bolts streaked toward Vader himself. Moving faster than the eye could follow, Vader's lightsaber blocked them all.

Except for one.

The last blaster shot slipped past his saber and glanced off the Dark Lord's armored shoulder. Circuits snapped and sizzled. Looking down, Vader saw that the energy beam had sliced a thin hole in his armor and reached his skin. A tiny stream of blood trickled down his armor and dripped onto the stone floor. The Dark Lord let out a low growl and covered the wound with his gloved hand. The wound itself was only a scratch, but he relied on his armor's power to keep him alive. Now that it had been punctured, he would have to have it repaired.

More blasters fired.

-- Galaxy of Fear: Clones

Vader stated to move faster than Thought.

No Caption Provided

Vader deflects several blaster bolts at very close range.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Moving fast enough from the other side of a room to intercept a blaster bolt and send it back at the shooter.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Creating afterimages of himself and showing great agility decades before his prime.

Reaction Speed

Speed feats of reacting to speedy attacks and situations.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Several feats of reacting to Force Lightning after it has been fired off.

No Caption Provided

Anakin stated to react and dodge Lightning while moving on a speeder that was going fast enough to shatter windows from the speed shock waves.

No Caption Provided

Shows the speed perception to guide a Shuttle dropping out of Hyperspace through a space battle.

No Caption Provided

Here Anakin shows stated Millisecond perception time.

#17 Posted by deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f (6669 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: If you put a number, how fast (without precog) do you think he is?

#18 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@jardinain2 said:

@sirfizzwhizz: If you put a number, how fast (without precog) do you think he is?

No faster than Vergil or Dante by feats. You cannot calc this kind of shit lol. In some Novels Anakin/Vader see the world standing still. I mean Milisecond time frames. How fast you need to be to see the world in miliseconds and how fast is precog making you in reaction time?

here is GOOGLE converter of Millisecond to MPH.

No Caption Provided

Here is the reaction time perception of MPH into Machs.

No Caption Provided

So there you go. Vader in the force can see Mach 4691 as casual as you and I see Mach 1 I guess.

Calcing shit is stupid. Speeds more so. Right @jashro42

#21 Posted by WollfMyth209 (17464 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, not quire sure.

#22 Posted by deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f (6669 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: Oh I was just wondering if he had any concrete number feats. Thanks for the info.

#26 Posted by Rxdking (1174 posts) - - Show Bio

Guy puts up a thread, then votes in his own thread. Also claims that vader while using the force is mach 4691?

#27 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@rxdking said:

Guy puts up a thread, then votes in his own thread. Also claims that vader while using the force is mach 4691?

Seems you do not understand the point of always wins threads, probably before your time on here.

I never claim Vader is mach 4691. Thats dumb and absurd as I said. Try actually reading what others write ;)

#28 Posted by Rxdking (1174 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: You're stating that his reaction time is mach 4691. So if you see something coming at you in mach 4691 does that mean you can get out of its way even though you see it coming?

#29 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@rxdking said:

@sirfizzwhizz: You're stating that his reaction time is mach 4691. So if you see something coming at you in mach 4691 does that mean you can get out of its way even though you see it coming?

I stated this.

So there you go. Vader in the force can see Mach 4691 as casual as you and I see Mach 1 I guess.

Calcing shit is stupid. Speeds more so.

Herpy derp.

#30 Edited by MyLittleFascist (32501 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz said:
@jardinain2 said:

No faster than Vergil or Dante by feats. You cannot calc this kind of shit lol. In some Novels Anakin/Vader see the world standing still. I mean Milisecond time frames. How fast you need to be to see the world in miliseconds and how fast is precog making you in reaction time?

here is GOOGLE converter of Millisecond to MPH.

No Caption Provided

Here is the reaction time perception of MPH into Machs.

No Caption Provided

Calcing shit is stupid. Speeds more so. Right @jashro42

I know the point of this is to show the "absurdity of speed calcs", but...

How do you get "one mile per millisecond" from "survival measured in milliseconds"?

#31 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: Easy, the battle was determin in milliseconds. Correct? meaning actions and moves were made in that time frame. I googled what a mile in a milisecond would be, and calc from there.

I mean, how else do you clac the speed to which a person can react in miliseconds?

Again, speed calcs is dumb, but milliseconds, or seconds (lets say 5 milliseconds for fairness) is like seeing the world at a stand still. Its insane fast speed wise and matches the speed of what "Legends" characters have in feats. Luke can see the world in Nanoseconds and he cannot "Speed Blitz" Anakin Skywalker either speed wise. So its hard to pin down the speeds of SW characters, but we have quotes of Yoda and Sidious being Speed of Light in some novels, Miliseconds for guys like Anakin, nano seconds for Luke, and quite a few faster than Lightning quotes as well.

All in all SW Legends Characters are every bit as fast as say Dante at his best in terms of high ends or hypoerbole statements in Legends.

So when arguing stupid BS "well who is faster, the faster guys wins" in this type of argument, no one can say with certainty that Vader is slower or too slow for Vergil is my point.

#32 Posted by MyLittleFascist (32501 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: Yea, but why would you pick a “mile”? Do you realize how long a mile is? Being determined in “milliseconds” (notice the plural) could mean anything. It could even be as low as a foot per millisecond which is subsonic. Of course that would be the lowest lowball possible based on such a statement, but still.

Reading “determined in milliseconds” and picking a “mile per millisecond” is rather odd. As for the other context you mentioned... *Shrugs* they do sound faster than Vergil.

#33 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto said:

@sirfizzwhizz: Yea, but why would you pick a “mile”? Do you realize how long a mile is? Being determined in “milliseconds” (notice the plural) could mean anything. It could even be as low as a foot per millisecond which is subsonic. Of course that would be the lowest lowball possible based on such a statement, but still.

Reading “determined in milliseconds” and picking a “mile per millisecond” is rather odd. As for the other context you mentioned... *Shrugs* they do sound faster than Vergil.

And your point? Im not getting your point which seems "pointless" as I stated Speed calcing is bullshit for these reasons mate. So....... what is your point exactly? You dont like my Bullshit calc? Then mission Successful. I mean, what are we discussing here?

On a side, note, we know Subsonic is false base on other statements, feats, and scaling. So even if we try to lowball, it be false. Just saying.

#34 Posted by MyLittleFascist (32501 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: I am just saying, if the goal is to demonstrate why calcs are bull, you should at least use a reasonable starting point for the calculation.

#35 Edited by RanaProGamer (1668 posts) - - Show Bio

Most likely Vergil, his Yamato can basically cut through anything so he won’t have any problems dealing with Vader’s light saber. Also, Vergil is pretty hard to put down because of his healing factor.

#36 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: well then 9 defer to your expertise as calcing is not my strong suit. For a quote of millisecond reaction time, how fast is he able to react to something moving?

#37 Posted by MyLittleFascist (32501 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: well then 9 defer to your expertise as calcing is not my strong suit. For a quote of millisecond reaction time, how fast is he able to react to something moving?

That statement isn't really enough to make an accurate calculation on. That statement just works better as extra evidence to go along with other feats.

#38 Posted by Old_Blighty (850 posts) - - Show Bio

Does he always win? Seems like an odd choice for this (I mean BatGod is a meme for a reason).

#39 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

Closing this out.

No Caption Provided