• 54 results
Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) 1 year, 6 months ago

Poll: Does Darth Vader Always Win? Darth Vader vs New 52 Aquaman (66 votes)

Legends Darth Vader 61%
New 52 Aquaman 33%
Maybe, not sure. 6%

Thanks to the popular Does Batman Always Win segments by @k4tzm4n, and the recent Does Miles Morales Always Lose, I decided to make one for the infamouse Dark Lord. Every week or two I will make a new match, and keep track of Mark's wins and losses. At the end we can see where Comicvine places Mark in terms to other characters in battles.

Losses

Wins

Draws

This Weeks Match

No Caption Provided

Battle Forum Rules

• Death or KO.
  • Standard Gear. As in gear used more than once, and easily reachable for said character.
  • Start 20 feet apart in a city street.
  • Morals on and in character.
  • Everyone is current or last seen for versions.

Match will close Friday. Results will be tallied in the next post.

#51 Posted by TheVivas (19546 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecstaticgrace: He overpowered her. That’s why they go flying back into the dock and how he starts choking her. Did I say she *braced* herself? No I didn’t.

You’re deliberately ignoring what’s shown to try and paint Aquaman in a better light. He has no speed feats whatsoever to suggest he can blitz her without her being able to react to the attack. Obvious answer is obvious.

#52 Posted by nick_hero22 (8711 posts) - - Show Bio

Nickhero lowballing hard. Aquaman is never fast enough to blitz Black Manta but we dont use that against his other speed feats, but its ok to do so with Vader. SMH.

How am I lowballing when I said that that incident probably isn't the best representation of Vader's speed? I haven't seen anything for what I know of Star Wars that would indicate that Vader is massively hypersonic.

#53 Edited by nick_hero22 (8711 posts) - - Show Bio

@thevivas said:

@ecstaticgrace: He overpowered her. That’s why they go flying back into the dock and how he starts choking her. Did I say she *braced* herself? No I didn’t.

You’re deliberately ignoring what’s shown to try and paint Aquaman in a better light. He has no speed feats whatsoever to suggest he can blitz her without her being able to react to the attack. Obvious answer is obvious.

The problem is that Wonder Woman is just as strong and if not more than Aquaman, in addition to being a better hand-to-hand fighter, so the claim that Aquaman overpowered her physically isn't plausible when you take those variables I listed into consideration.

#54 Posted by TheVivas (19546 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22: They were matched evenly when they were mind controlled and forced to fight each other and his feats are just as good as hers, from lifting a cruise ship to throwing a submarine from the ocean floor to he surface with enough force to break the surface to punching a man across an island. So no, the variables you bring up don’t add anything and don’t make his “overpowering her” not plausible.

#55 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7207 posts) - - Show Bio

@thevivas said:

I'm not trying to paint Aquaman in anything. It's bad because you have two instances in the same comic where Aquaman uses his speed and Diana doesn't do anything about it. He has no speed feats to suggest that? Other then the ones where he does just that. Your just denying them.

In a one on one scenario on land I'd argue Diana takes a majority over Arthur too. It has nothing to do with who I prefer. It's me using my eyesight to make the claim. Diana's a warrior I don't see her tensing up for an attack she can avoid. It's like a fighter bracing for a punch because they know they're not dodging it.

#56 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7207 posts) - - Show Bio

@thevivas said:

@nick_hero22: They were matched evenly when they were mind controlled and forced to fight each other and his feats are just as good as hers, from lifting a cruise ship to throwing a submarine from the ocean floor to he surface with enough force to break the surface to punching a man across an island. So no, the variables you bring up don’t add anything and don’t make his “overpowering her” not plausible.

The reason I'd give Diana a on land majority against Aquaman is because only Aquaman writers portray her as his equal. Wonder Woman writers and hell sometimes other writers seem to try and dispute that.

Doesn't change the fact though that in Throne of Atlantis he zipped past her as well as charged her without her being able to properly defend herself. TOA being written by a guy who was showing Aquaman some love. Hell one of Arthur's main rogues was wrecking the JL

#57 Posted by SuperGoku17 (7220 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquamsn gets to choke on his asparations

#58 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman would obviously pummel Vader up close or skewer him with his trident but Vader's speed and TK might enable him to take down Aquaman before he gets overpowered. Though I know more about Aquaman's feats than Legends Vader, that's basically what this debate comes down to.