Does Captain America Always Win: Captain America vs Solid Snake

• 189 results
Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Poll Does Captain America Always Win: Captain America vs Solid Snake (100 votes)

Captain America 56%
Solid Snake 37%
Not Sure 7%

Figured I wanted to do one myself and big shout out to @k4tzm4n and @sirfizzwhizz for giving me this idea, This match up segment is based on the "Sentinel Of Liberty", The Super Soldier and Legendary War hero Steve Rogers "Captain America". Every Week I'll make a new match and as such I'll keep track of Cap's wins and losses to determine where Comicvine places him in terms to other characters in battle, With this said lets begin with the first.

Wins

Captain America vs Edward Elric

Captain America vs The Predator (Scar)

Captain America vs Spider-Gwen

Loses

Captain America vs Deathstroke (New 52)

Captain America vs Kraven The Hunter

Captain America vs Hero Killer Stain

Draw

none

The Match

No Caption Provided

Rules of the battle:

• No prep time and no prior knowledge
  • Steve Rogers is regular version (No Hydra Cap), Snake is Composite Version (Prime Snake)
  • Win is by Incapitation, BFR (Battle-Field Removal), Death by all counts
  • All morals are on, Both of these fighters are in character however are serious and determined to win
  • Composite Standard gear and equipment (No metal gear unit)
  • Snake is able to communicate with Otocon via Codec
  • Starting distance between the fighters is 100 feet apart from each other and are visible
  • Location is in a generic city, Lets say Manhattan Night time
  • Environment is empty but accessible

This match up will close next Monday, Results of the pole will be posted after.

• 
Avatar image for elijah_c_washington
Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This fight was decided from the get-go. Captain America does not know CQC so therefore he loses.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Snake. With composite feats as specified here, it's a stomp.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c830d4e319e6
deactivated-5c830d4e319e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap bodies him.

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will respond soon to this

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap in a good fight

GCA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ldm said:

Cap in a good fight

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This fight was decided from the get-go. Captain America does not know CQC so therefore he loses.

Captain America doesn't know CQC??? Not with GUNS maybe, but if you're close enough for CQC you're close enough for him to block shots with his shield and him get his hands on you then you're done.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112: CQC is a fictional martial art in the Metal Gear universe.

Old_Blighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lubub55 said:

You forgot to tell him that it is a style that makes total sense and beats all other styles.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know a whole lot about this Snake guy except for a few basic things but unless he's a bad ass sniper with a silencer that's so quiet it only exists in video games I don't see Cap NOT pounding him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lubub55 said:

You forgot to tell him that it is a style that makes total sense and beats all other styles.

Addressed in #1.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lubub55 said:

@lubub55 said:

Oh...um...well. lol didn't know that. Would the "beats all other styles" thing transfer to non-Metal Gear universes?

jplaya2023

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

snake loses in physical combat he would have to kill him with a nuke or some type of weapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know a whole lot about this Snake guy except for a few basic things but unless he's a bad ass sniper with a silencer that's so quiet it only exists in video games I don't see Cap NOT pounding him.

How come?

Avatar image for elijah_c_washington
Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By HeroUp2112

@lubub55 said:
@heroup2112 said:

How come?

Cap has heard and avoided sniper fire before (enhanced senses) and even the quietest military grade silencers (unless there's something I've just never even heard RUMORS about exists) Cap is almost certainly going to hear it, dodge it or block it. Then it's a matter of finding Snake and beating the snot out of him. HOWEVER, I didn't know about this CQC thing, how it works or whether it transfers. OR, is Snake more than just a highly skilled super agent/SF guy who's a bad ass martial artist and gunsmith?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112: I mean, why do you think Steve is capable of winning up close? Do you think he's stronger, faster, more skilled etc.?

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lubub55 said:

@heroup2112: I mean, why do you think Steve is capable of winning up close? Do you think he's stronger, faster, more skilled etc.?

Like I said. I don't know that much about Snake...my understanding is that he's just a bad ass secret agent/SF/assassin who's a bad ass hand to hand/gun smith/stealth guy

Old_Blighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Old_Blighty

@lubub55:

That man is doing the lords work.

@heroup2112:

Oh...um...well. lol didn't know that. Would the "beats all other styles" thing transfer to non-Metal Gear universes?

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

composite feat snake stomps

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is standard gear for snake exactly? I'm assuming he doesn't have every gun he's ever used?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

What is standard gear for snake exactly? I'm assuming he doesn't have every gun he's ever used?

The site usually defaults to MGS4 gear, at least from what I've seen.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lubub55: Snake never really had standard gear in metal gear solid 4 IIRC. Except for that exo-suit he used as a crutch.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@lubub55: Snake never really had standard gear in metal gear solid 4 IIRC. Except for that exo-suit he used as a crutch.

I mean people use the gear he has by the end of the game. In MGS you can carry all the weapons you pick up at the same time.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lubub55: Does snake have gear canonically? Realistically I am pretty sure snake would collapse under the weight of all those guns unless he has something similar to deadpools bottomless satchel.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@lubub55: Does snake have gear canonically? Realistically I am pretty sure snake would collapse under the weight of all those guns unless he has something similar to deadpools bottomless satchel.

Honestly, everything you can carry in the games isn't actually an absurd amount. In four we can see on his body where all of it goes and it is visibly unholstered every time it's unequipped. He usually starts missions with only basics and has to procure everything on site so that it's easier to sneak him in.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lubub55 said:
@jashro44 said:

Honestly, everything you can carry in the games isn't actually an absurd amount. In four we can see on his body where all of it goes and it is visibly unholstered every time it's unequipped. He usually starts missions with only basics and has to procure everything on site so that it's easier to sneak him in.

This seems pretty absurd to me (personally). I'll wait for the OP to specify the gear. There isn't much use in debating it. But this is why I am asking what gear snake has.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By red_ruby_petal

@heroup2112 said:

Guys who block bullets for a living still got shot by Snake being Vamp and Olga. The only one capable of making Snake miss was Gray Fox who was in a whole other tier. BTW Snake beat the greatest sniper of all time who was able to enter the regime of superhumans. In fact he beat her in her own game with a disadvantage with him wearing black and Sniper Wolf wearing white in the snow. You are underestimating Snake completely btw. He had his head knocked into a steel wall and it didnt break. It dented the wall in fact. He kicked a missle into another heli and even casually carries railguns at an old age. On top of that fighting gekkos under automatic machine gun fire and pressure that they could detonate. He was also fast enough to dodge Railgun fire a feat that makes him easily hypersonic. On top of that fighting multi tonners hand to hand by pure skill.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Ah, miscommunication on my part, sorry. There are the special items that you're stuck with like the Railgun, Solid Eye and things like that, and then you're able to have only a limited amount of other gear and the basic would be an assault rifle and a pistol. He doesn't carry every single pistol or rifle variation with him, he's limited to one.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap wins.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 The_Hajduk  Online

Cap bodies him.

Kojima's version of Solid Snake is already a super-world class legendary soldier, already Special Forces as a teenager, and trained in his adulthood by the most secret, clandestine, metahuman black ops organization, where he was mentored by numerous named characters who all have feats, all have their own backgrounds and detailed training, and each of who specialized in a handful of specific fields, so they were all the world's foremost expert on like two or three different things, and all of them passed all of these skills onto Solid Snake in order to make him the foremost expert of every single skill.

Nobody in-universe is better than Solid Snake at anything. It makes no sense but he regularly defeats characters who specialize in fields, at their own specialty. He's a better gunslinger than the cowboy, a better sniper than the inventor of sniping, a stronger hand-to-hand fighter than the literal combination of the world's best ninja and the most powerful cyborg, he can outsmart the series' masterminds, he's somehow better at stealth than people who can just turn invisible... the list goes on.

He's like the Goku of Metal Gear.

Point is that a guy like that, can assuredly give Steve a run for his money on a sheer skill and training basis. I haven't even gone into any detail on David's best skill feats and battles, never mind his blunt will power that is oftentimes, tremendous enough to win battles for him alone, even when he is utterly outclassed in literally every way, even including skill and experience.

But the OP said this is a Composite Solid Snake. That means he's operating with a hyper-amped up anime version of his own elite military skill level, coupled with superhuman Spider-Man level physicals. No, not Captain America level physicals, not even a highballed Captain America level physicals. I mean full-blown Spider-Man level physicals that are just obviously out of Steve's league, NOT TO MENTION the most ridiculously scifi, hokeypokey, overpowered secret agent gear and weapons imaginable.

Backflips over a bullet
Backflips over a bullet
Barely blocks a 100 tonner strike
Barely blocks a 100 tonner strike
Punches generate massive shockwaves
Punches generate massive shockwaves
Superman leap
Superman leap
Twirls through automatic fire at point blank range from a master marksman
Twirls through automatic fire at point blank range from a master marksman
Missile hop
Missile hop
Gets hit by multiple tank shells and forces himself to get up and shake it off
Invisibility, infinite ammo, remote controlled missiles, and a handheld tank turret that fires projectiles at hypersonic speeds

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By The_Hajduk  Online

@heroup2112 said:

Solid Snake is the best peak human ever.

He has every skill and trait of Batman, Captain America, and the Punisher wrapped into a single ultimate operator. We're told over and over again throughout the course of the series that Solid Snake is just by far literally the best soldier ever, in a world overrun with metahuman soldiers, some of them being strong mid tiers. Yet Solid Snake can beat them all. I think he's only ever lost one fight in canon.

You mentioned sniping so let's roll with that. Solid Snake actually fought Sniper Wolf, who is the number 1 sniper in the world. She is amazing enough to wait days or even weeks on end for her target to reveal themselves, never straying an inch from the bullseye the whole time, never missing. She severed a thin rope that Solid Snake was using to rappel from the top of a tower, with one bullet, in the middle of a snowstorm. Solid Snake was ambushed by her, and forced to backtrack all the way to near the start of the game in order to procure a sniper rifle, then he returns and engages her in a sniper duel, and he wins and kills her.

And he also has impossible silencers and he also can turn invisible and he also has a radar that can tell him Cap's exact location, distance, equipment, and emotional state without fail at any time.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk: Not to mention he even beat her in a snowy environment wearing black while she wears white. Also most people unbiased and reasonable should know compisite feats Snake does stomp this.

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39  Edited By blackpantherisb

Solid Snake wins.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By HeroUp2112

@heroup2112 said:

Guys who block bullets for a living still got shot by Snake being Vamp and Olga. The only one capable of making Snake miss was Gray Fox who was in a whole other tier. BTW Snake beat the greatest sniper of all time who was able to enter the regime of superhumans. In fact he beat her in her own game with a disadvantage with him wearing black and Sniper Wolf wearing white in the snow. You are underestimating Snake completely btw. He had his head knocked into a steel wall and it didnt break. It dented the wall in fact. He kicked a missle into another heli and even casually carries railguns at an old age. On top of that fighting gekkos under automatic machine gun fire and pressure that they could detonate. He was also fast enough to dodge Railgun fire a feat that makes him easily hypersonic. On top of that fighting multi tonners hand to hand by pure skill.

Like I said. I don't know that much about Snake, I was just going off what I DID know. :)

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112 said:

He has every skill and trait of Batman, Captain America, and the Punisher wrapped into a single ultimate operator. We're told over and over again throughout the course of the series that Solid Snake is just by far literally the best soldier ever, in a world overrun with metahuman soldiers, some of them being strong mid tiers. Yet Solid Snake can beat them all. I think he's only ever lost one fight in canon.

You mentioned sniping so let's roll with that. Solid Snake actually fought Sniper Wolf, who is the number 1 sniper in the world. She is amazing enough to wait days or even weeks on end for her target to reveal themselves, never straying an inch from the bullseye the whole time, never missing. She severed a thin rope that Solid Snake was using to rappel from the top of a tower, with one bullet, in the middle of a snowstorm. Solid Snake was ambushed by her, and forced to backtrack all the way to near the start of the game in order to procure a sniper rifle, then he returns and engages her in a sniper duel, and he wins and kills her.

And he also has impossible silencers and he also can turn invisible and he also has a radar that can tell him Cap's exact location, distance, equipment, and emotional state without fail at any time.

Like I also said to Ruby, I was going off what LITTLE I knew about Snake, which it appears was very little. :)

Rac95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap is definitely in the top area of street levelers, but Snake, especially composite, is a real beast. He takes it

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 The_Hajduk  Online

@the_hajduk said:
@heroup2112 said:

Like I also said to Ruby, I was going off what LITTLE I knew about Snake, which it appears was very little. :)

David is at least a Punisher level marksman, he has many feats of tagging bullet timers and low level speedsters with skillful fire. With that said, do you see Cap closing the distance?

AotD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snake takes it... without much trouble at all.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112 said:
@the_hajduk said:
@heroup2112 said:

David is at least a Punisher level marksman, he has many feats of tagging bullet timers and low level speedsters with skillful fire. With that said, do you see Cap closing the distance?

If he's only a little better than the Punisher, I think the odds of Cap closing with him within 100 feet are really good. I can't say that for SURE of course, but I don't give (David is Snake I assume) overwhelmingly good odds.

cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap in a very difficult fight.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I’d actually give Snake a slight edge.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 The_Hajduk  Online

If he's only a little better than the Punisher, I think the odds of Cap closing with him within 100 feet are really good. I can't say that for SURE of course, but I don't give (David is Snake I assume) overwhelmingly good odds.

Even if Steve closes the distance, it isn't over. David is a master of a highly specialized close quarters combat system, that was created during the Cold War by the two most legendary war heroes ever (before Solid Snake that is)(one of them was Snake's father) for black ops and espionage missions. There are only a small number of soldiers in all of Metal Gear who have mastered this style, and David overall is probably the number 1 CQC fighter in the franchise.

Even as a sickly, 70 year old man, David still puts nanomachine enhanced super soldiers away like children
Even as a sickly, 70 year old man, David still puts nanomachine enhanced super soldiers away like children
These clones are all physically identical to David, and they have the best military training available
These clones are all physically identical to David, and they have the best military training available
David overwhelms Liquid Ocelot with skill and speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk: For the Genome soldiers, they're enhanced with Big Boss' dominant genes as opposed to the recessive ones Snake has, and their training is VR.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By HeroUp2112

@heroup2112 said:

Even if Steve closes the distance, it isn't over. David is a master of a highly specialized close quarters combat system, that was created during the Cold War by the two most legendary war heroes ever (before Solid Snake that is)(one of them was Snake's father) for black ops and espionage missions. There are only a small number of soldiers in all of Metal Gear who have mastered this style, and David overall is probably the number 1 CQC fighter in the franchise.

I've heard of this, but there's a super secret martial arts form that is stupendously effective, then there's using it to face Captain America...and then there's the shield as well.