Does Batman always win? Batman vs Captain America

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By 80sBaby

You people pulling for Batman do know that Cap also knows "every fighting style known to man," right? He can use pressure point and nerve strikes just as easily as Bruce can.

pspin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 182

#102  Edited By pspin

Cap is physically superior for sure, Batman has an edge mentally but Cap is a brilliant tactician and has decades of experience on his side. Batman might have an edge in formal martial arts but Cap has a a lot of experienced too and is familiar with enough styles that he could counter most of Batman's attacks when his strength and speed are factored in as well. Batman also seems less adaptable than Cap when his plans are altered. While a stalemate is a reasonable out come, I got to go with Cap on this one.

That being said, this is a great article and you should definitely keep it up!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#103  Edited By Lvenger

Batman definitely wins after a long fight. He has the skill advantage for certain, a more varied amount of gadgetry at his disposal and is a better tactical, stealthy fighter. He should take a clear majority in this fight. With prep Batman slaughters.

rurounigeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#104  Edited By rurounigeo

One thing that needs to be discussed when Batman is involved is the psychology and Psyche of Batman and his opponent. Batman doesn't quit. Whether he has to revert to "Batman of Zur En Arrh" no matter how close to physically or mentally breaking he's still in the fight.

Many of you are forgetting what Captain America's greatest power is (As said by Thor and many others over the years). That is his courage. Captain America will never run from a fight. He's always stood for justice and what's right and sometimes as we all know that can be the hardest thing for a person to do. Even if Batman used some of Scarecrow's fear serum on Cap I don't think it would have any effect on him.

And that's what makes this a draw. These are the two most driven individuals in their respective universes. They don't know how to quit. They've gotten out of some of the toughest situations any hero has been in. The SSS & Sheild and all of Batman's gadget's dont matter much other than giving one of them a slight advantage at the beginning.

It's a test of will and neither man would break. Cap to me is one of the only characters that can go toe to toe with Batman.

mettlekm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By mettlekm

@RazzaTazz I think i see your logic, but not agreeing with all of it. Shield will absorb blow from Mjolnir, agreed. And so would absorb impact from the ground. But cap is still falling, so it's his impact into the shield which is the issue. I think of it as the person hurting his fist punching the shield... Another way to look at it is, if shield is already on ground, and cap jumps out of plane onto it... Maybe i'm off, but that's how i'm seeing it.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 7

#106  Edited By wessaari

the thing about Batman is that he always win, so why are we having this discussion again?

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#107  Edited By reignmaker

Let's be honest here. Both of these guys would be grease spots in their respective universes if we were to truly discard the popularity factor.

That's why I'm reluctant to discard fan voting as is the standard practice here on the Vine. I just don't see how any one nerd's mastery over comic book physics trumps something that thousands of people voted on. Bats beat Cap in the 90's. It's not "canon," but as irritating as it is for some fans to accept - it still happened. The chances of seeing Cap beat Bats ever in comic book form are basically non-existent.

Newsflash: Batman won and would still win today.

telepathic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By telepathic666

Almost every fighting style.

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#109  Edited By Chaos Burn

I think Batman wins if he had his full gadgets and the environment was suitable for ninja style moves.

on a 1 on 1, straight up fist fight, Cap would show Bats the real "one punch!"

gongdawgblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By gongdawgblaze

@ MaxSchreck, all you did was create a scenerio in which Batman win. That's too easy. I wouldn't characterize Cap as only slightly stronger or faster than Batman but I'd say it's by a conciderable bit. As far as fighting technique is concerned, you can have all the technique you want but if you're moving as slow as molasses to the other guy, you're going to lose.....everytime.

I could just as easily say Cap blocks the taser with his shield, grabs Batman's arm as he punches with the electrified brass knuckles (surely you know Cap is not going to just stand there while Bats pounds him), breaks Bats' arm, Cap easily has the strength to break human bones effortlessly, counter with the shield with a blow to the head and end of story. Now see how rediculous and easy that sounded?

fyrekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By fyrekill
No Caption Provided

To all the guys saying that Cap won´t back down and has beaten more Powerful foes like Loki, do you remember that one time Batman soloed 4 White Martians, or that one Time he killed a God, or that one time he killed a parasite that nearly took over the world. I could go on. You see where I am going with this? This will be a very hard fight for Batman and maybe Cap will never back down, but Batman is superior in almost every way. Maybe not physically, but he does not need to be.

Cap is a very strong enemy and close to be actually able to win, but only because you won´t back down you do not beat someone. Captain stood up to Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet, then he got slapped hard (One of my favorite scenes in Comic of all time, CA was so epic in this one).

Still Batman wins. Well, maybe not if he is only ready when CAP is.

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By 80sBaby

@fyrekill: All those wins against martians, Darkseid, etc were done via weakness exploitation. Captain America doesn't have a weakness to fire or specific types of radiation so your point is moot. Cap has, likewise, defeated foes who are above Batman, such as Red Skull w/Cosmic Cube, Thor, Korvac, etc.

mightypug78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By mightypug78

Hmm this go either way sooooo easily. too bad deadliest warrior was canceled. this couldve been something they couldve have done.

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#114  Edited By jobiwankenobi

I'm disappointed. I was hoping for a winner.

gongdawgblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By gongdawgblaze

… So what you're basically saying is as far you are concerned and by using the same example you used, Wolverine beats Lobo every single day of the week and Wonder Woman has absolutely no chance whatsoever against Storm. Is that about right?

fyrekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By fyrekill

Sorry to say, but Captain America has a pretty obvious weakness. He is too stubborn. And how does a Human Being that has slightly (in comparison to Batman) enhanced physical abilites no other weaknesses. They just never get exploited. Saying anything else would be pretty dumb to say.

And anyways. Even when saying Batman has no prep, he has it. Especially against someone like Captain America who is similiar in attributes to Bane or KGBeast. It is simply part of who he is? Or does this not count? That would be stupid too. Don´t get me wrong here. I Love Captain America. I just do not see him Win against Batman in the way Bats was written from 1996 onwards.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By judasnixon

Why does Batman fans hate America?

Dhor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Dhor

@Sammo21 said:

Captain America.

Cap is smarter, Cap is faster, Cap is stronger, Cap has no weaknesses for Batman to exploit, Cap has the shield, Cap is a master of hand to hand fighting, Cap has more experience, Cap has more strategic experience...bat-fans and fanboys might not like it, but Cap comes out on top. OH yeah, and he's knocked out Hitler like 50 times.

Cap fanboy like this one have no place in this discussion. Cap would go out in 1 min. Just think about it: how can Cap fight a smoke grenade. The character is retarded becouse he has no versatillity and most of his enemies with half a brain sould have killed him. He only has a shiled witch is preatty useless when the other opponent uses his brain. i mean come on ppls. ONE smoke grenade and Cap is "check mate"

DarkDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By DarkDay

@The Stegman said:

I love how upset people are getting at the "Batman always wins" thing, when in most cases, it's not actually taken seriously, and is meant as a joke, the only ones who take it seriously, are those who dislike them, same goes for the "Chuck Norris Facts" jokes that get passed around. We all know Batman is not a god, even with prep, there's only so much he can do, so chill out people, have a civilized debate without attacking someone personally or claiming they have a "Bat Boner" which is just sooo clever by the way.

Agreed.

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By 80sBaby

@fyrekill: No, "stubborness" isn't necessarily a weakness. At least, not in the same way martians are weak to fire or kryptonians to kryptonite. And Cap's no less stubborn than Bruce so, again, your point is moot. KGBeast may be comparable to Cap, physically but not tactically or in martial skills. That's like saying Cap wins because he's beaten Moon Knight or Daredevil, who are physically comparable to Batman. My point, which you seem to have missed, is that saying Batman wins because he's beaten martians, gods, etc is faulty logic because Cap has also defeated people above Batman.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#121  Edited By RazzaTazz
@mettlekm:  Not really, it is all about relative movement.  If the Hulk punches the shield then it would be a huge amount of force on the shield.  If he landed on it same thing.  What you said would be right, if you could land on the shield perfectly on the right side you would be safe.  The shield would have to have almost infinite softness to counteract the almost infinite strength of the outer surface.  It is not realistic of course, I was just thinking that it would be an interesting thing to see one day.  
RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#122  Edited By RazzaTazz
@Sammo21 said:

OH yeah, and he's knocked out Hitler like 50 times.

This is probably true, Captain America would win based on Godwin's Law alone.  
fyrekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By fyrekill

My Argument was more towards people writing that about Captain, so I thought I should name some powerful badasses that Bats defeated. So what do you have to say to my point that It is unlikely that Cap has no weakness? He isn´t as durable as Superman or something like that. He is sure to have one.

jesse10022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By jesse10022

Put em up against Black Panther. I want you to tell me the degree in which his ass is whooped. I bet Panther could kill him.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By reignmaker

@gongdawgblaze said:

… So what you're basically saying is as far you are concerned and by using the same example you used, Wolverine beats Lobo every single day of the week and Wonder Woman has absolutely no chance whatsoever against Storm. Is that about right?

Storm over Wonder Woman? Yeah, I'm ok with that result - given that it was the 90's. X-Men were at their peak and Wonder Woman was as boring as dirt. Pretty sure Wonder Woman could win if we were to take a poll today however, and if we wait another couple years for her movie and TV to get rolling, she can possibly stomp.

Wolverine over Lobo? It doesn't blow my brain. Does it blow yours? Lobo has been injured by bullets before. He's also been written to be god-like at times. Hey, you know what? So has Wolverine.

Avatar image for fatheranonymous
FatherAnonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By FatherAnonymous

Batman wins. Obviously.

First, we've seen him take down Superman. We've seen him take down Darkseid. So, no, Cap isn't going to stop him.

Second, he's Batman. Which is why he will defeat every single opponent you propose in this series, up to and including Odin or Galactus.

Yes, I know: it isn't realistic. But these are the funny books, so them's the breaks.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f797850d03c6
deactivated-5f797850d03c6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap would win, if not for sheer stamina, he's also a better fighter IMO.

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By 80sBaby

@fyrekill: I said Cap doesn't have any "exploitable weaknesses," which is what Bats used to defeat those opponents you mentioned. That is to say, he's won't instantly fold if you expose him to some rock or water. Deathstroke, who's much closer to Cap than KGBeast or Bane, has soundly beaten Batman, despite not being as strong/durable as Superman. Now, if you give Batman one-sided prep, I'm sure he could beat Captain America, but that's not saying much about Bruce if he needs that much of a handicap.

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#129  Edited By Stormbox

@FatherAnonymous said:

Batman wins. Obviously.

First, we've seen him take down Superman. We've seen him take down Darkseid. So, no, Cap isn't going to stop him.

Second, he's Batman. Which is why he will defeat every single opponent you propose in this series, up to and including Odin or Galactus.

Yes, I know: it isn't realistic. But these are the funny books, so them's the breaks.

I really hope youre being sarcastic

utkanflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 280

#130  Edited By utkanflash

Batsy win this... He is more skilled, he know 127 martial arts. and he is superior extreme on that... He learned feel no pain and lind fight..He is senses more ımprove than cap's... And he is weaponary and sealth, fear factor always his advantages..

more carismatic, more serious, more intelligent..

And cap's physical stats not a superior... He was take the serum he is like 13 year old (body's look not age) ... He is take serum and he is already equal with batman ı think or maybe a little more than Bats.... He is good, excellent soldier but he is old and he is frozen so many years.. He miss somethings.. He is not much intellingence in that age..He is not dumb or stupid..He is so smart and quick in battle cuz he is a soldier..But Batman : He is GODDAMN BATMAN... sorry cap...

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Fetts

If this is close quarters combat, I give it to Cap. Like in Batman's fight with Deathstroke, skill means nothing when your opponent is so fast that you have no chance to utilize that skill. Same goes for gadgets. Steve is just too fast for Batman. If the fight is a little further away, I give it to Batman, so long as he uses makes good use of his gadgets (namely smoke pellets) and stealth.

strikehavok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By strikehavok

As good as both men are, they have both been beaten on more than one occasion. Tough call for me to make as I like both characters. Regardless of what some have said, both men think on their feet; Captain America is not just a brawler, that's just dumb. Batman has the advantage of resources, his gadgets. Captain America has the advantage of strength and endurance. Too tough for me to say...

Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#133  Edited By Grey56

In a random encounter which took them both by surprise, I give a slight edge to the 'never say die' ethos of Steve given all other things being equal (and by this I mean the absence of items/tangible things which would provide an innate advantage to Bruce in an attempt to cannibalize any weaponry to his advantage). Given any prep time though - Bruce takes this but not necessarily through outright martial overpowering; more tactical and efficient than that of brute force.

Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#134  Edited By Grey56

@daak1212 said:

Yeah he's gonna f*cking win because the majority of the CV populace is retarded and have an immense bat-boner for Bruce, who's a shit character. "OH HE HAS GADGETS!?!?!?" -_______-, this is why I hate comics and people.

And it's why you're a late teen / early twenty year old who has yet to come to understand his place in the universe. Also, the great minds of the world have given you a great place to stump your prattle and give you a cool avatar to represent your shockingly close to Byron milieu. Also - my boner for Bruce is immaculate.

gongdawgblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By gongdawgblaze

Does it blow my mind? Nah, I've got no problem with it, if that's how you feel. I just like to see a person stick by his/her own words but don't make excuses such as that was the "nineties" or anything. You either go by that example or you don't. Me personally, I don't agree with it, just because a majority says so, even majorities can be wrong. I normally don't follow group-think and tend to make up my own mind about things.

MaxSchreck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#136  Edited By MaxSchreck

@gongdawgblaze said:

@ MaxSchreck, all you did was create a scenerio in which Batman win. That's too easy. I wouldn't characterize Cap as only slightly stronger or faster than Batman but I'd say it's by a conciderable bit. As far as fighting technique is concerned, you can have all the technique you want but if you're moving as slow as molasses to the other guy, you're going to lose.....everytime.

I could just as easily say Cap blocks the taser with his shield, grabs Batman's arm as he punches with the electrified brass knuckles (surely you know Cap is not going to just stand there while Bats pounds him), breaks Bats' arm, Cap easily has the strength to break human bones effortlessly, counter with the shield with a blow to the head and end of story. Now see how rediculous and easy that sounded?

Well, Captain America could not defeat Daredevil in the little fight they had in an issue of Mark Waids run, so I assumed that if Daredevil, just another martial arts expert, can hold his own against Cap for a while, so can Batman.

If the taser hits Cap I am pretty sure that he is going to be stunned for a moment , giving Batman time to attack him , even when Cap usually is faster … there could be a reason for why it hits, Cap could think that Batman is defeated after he knocked him on the ground for example. I am pretty sure that Steve is not the kind of guy who would beat the shit out of an enemy who he thinks has had enough.

Bats could have stealth attacked him …

Bats could have taken the shield from him somehow. Making him unable to block the taser ....though I admit sepperating Cap from his shield is probably pretty much impossible xD

kalonthar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By kalonthar

I'm starting to remember why I have a problem with VS discussions. Doesn't matter which side someone stands on, they all seem to think being an a**hole helps the situation.

jorgeareizaga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By jorgeareizaga

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! BATMAN IS THE KING and Captain America is trash and a looser

Supreme_Maj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Supreme_Maj

Batman this Batman that is not because you have a lot of series and movies which by the way sucks except for the 3 trilogy reboots How bat can beat cap is just impossible. This time batman doesn't fight someone who doesn't have martial art skills.I mean cap train with the like of Shang Shi, Iron fist who are the best martial artist in the MU, He hold his own against Iron man during the Civil War arc, he won against the TESS(Total extermination of super soldier) one which by the way is built in adamantium, He fought and beat Asgardians warriors who are rated class 25 tonnes, He fought vampire like baron blood, he turn the tide against the master of evil when they invade Avengers mansion and send Hercules to hospital, he fought in WWII and survive most people don't realize how this war was tough is not something like taken on a gang or something. Just imagine bullets flying over and thousands of soldiers facing off the guy survives this with his inhuman skills because he could see enemies coming at him and he beat the crap of them and you want to compare this kinds of soldiers with somebody who puts a cowl that anybody can hold and throw him away because of that, didn't you guys watch the incredibles? "IT'S DANGEROUS TO WEAR A CAPE" . He beats Us Agent who is also a super soldier and so many fighting it will take a lot of time to enumerate and him he doesn't need to be prepare to face somebody or look for their weaknesses. Cap is not just a super soldier because a lot of guys who have been injected with the super soldier formula didn't come close to the fame and valor cap has earn over the year: He is unique in the MU. What make cap who he is its his sens of justice and respect towards others and the fact he always try to be better. the guy like bane Bruce beats are people who only care for themselves and who are not very train in the art of fighting so better try to compare batman with moon Knight yeah this is the guy who is exactly like bruce not cap please.

gongdawgblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By gongdawgblaze

I bet between you and I, we could probably come up with a hundred different scenerios how our favorite character would win. I don't think we're going to come any closer to agreeing so just let us agree to disagree on this one.

mattwing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By mattwing87

I've seen a video where Spider-Man can beat Batman

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#142  Edited By comicace3

Lemme see... Batman's smarter, has more resources... Stronger( 100% peak perfection= bench press 2000 pounds and lifts 2500 pounds) more skilled. Cap has more stamina is enhanced but no as enhanced as death stroke and just because your ENHANCED doesn't mean you can beat batman... unless your death stroke, cap has an impenetrable shield but what happens without his shield? Oooooooh that would suck for cap. So imma go with Batman. And even though cap. can see better than normal humans doesn't mean he can see better than PEAK humans.

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By CalebHara

I would say batman, IMO, the gap between Bruce and Cap in skill is a lot wider than the gap between Bruce and Cap in physical ability. So it would be extremely close in a Hand to Hand fight, IMO, slightly being edged by Batman, add gadgets and weapons in and i think that Bruce could take him.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#144  Edited By 2chimcha3

I think Batman would win.

Asagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#145  Edited By Asagod

@Dhor said:

@Sammo21 said:

Captain America.

Cap is smarter, Cap is faster, Cap is stronger, Cap has no weaknesses for Batman to exploit, Cap has the shield, Cap is a master of hand to hand fighting, Cap has more experience, Cap has more strategic experience...bat-fans and fanboys might not like it, but Cap comes out on top. OH yeah, and he's knocked out Hitler like 50 times.

Cap fanboy like this one have no place in this discussion. Cap would go out in 1 min. Just think about it: how can Cap fight a smoke grenade. The character is retarded becouse he has no versatillity and most of his enemies with half a brain sould have killed him. He only has a shiled witch is preatty useless when the other opponent uses his brain. i mean come on ppls. ONE smoke grenade and Cap is "check mate"

I don't think so. Captain America has been shown to be very agile, I think he would be able to dodge anything Batman throws at him. In a fight between the two, it would be skill vs skill, intelligence vs intelligence, strength vs strength and agility vs agility what would determine the winner. Batman has the edge in skill and intelligence, however Captain America has the edge in strength and agility. That being said, it is very hard to say one would defeat the other.

And I also didn't understand how you suppose that a smoke grenade can defeat someone.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By reignmaker

@gongdawgblaze said:

Does it blow my mind? Nah, I've got no problem with it, if that's how you feel. I just like to see a person stick by his/her own words but don't make excuses such as that was the "nineties" or anything. You either go by that example or you don't. Me personally, I don't agree with it, just because a majority says so, even majorities can be wrong. I normally don't follow group-think and tend to make up my own mind about things.

Mentioning the 90's isn't an excuse. It's an explanation as to why Storm beat Wonder Woman. My only point is that we all take popularity into consideration when deciding how much power a certain character has. If we didn't, both Cap and Batman would be useless and we wouldn't care care about this fight. If popularity didn't mean anything over time, Superman wouldn't be the overpowered beast that he is today. Popularity is the lifeblood of a comics character and its where they derive their true power.

Whether you're someone who goes with the majority or not is not the issue. I'm not saying I would have voted the same way on all of those DC vs. Marvel fights. But they happened regardless of how I think or feel. No one is saying that you have to agree. For instance, Obama is the president. The man got more votes than Romney. You don't have to think that it's right, or makes sense. But it happened and now he's the President for four more years.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#147  Edited By comicace3

@mattwing87: Ughhh sad but true.. without prep spiderman would beat batman and I am a hard-core batman fan. I had this convo with SpideyFan113

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By AlKusanagi

Sorry Bats, Cap wins. He's stronger, faster, tougher, doesn't tire, is resistant to most of the toxins Bats could throw his way, and he's seen and fought it all.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Love this breakdown! When will you do the next one? You should do Thor vs. Superman!

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By TimeLordScience

@vandinejd_1991: obvious fanboy is obvious