Does any character in the MCU/DCEU have better physicals then MCU Captain Marvel?

• 104 results
#1 Posted by Kevd4wg (14308 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel seemingly had better physicals then Thanos with her headbut and Thanos seemingly has much better physicals then people like Thor/Hulk. So how does Carol's physicals match up to people like Aether Malekith, Kurse, Superman, Hela, Hulk, Giant Man, Thor, Destroyer, Wonder Woman, Aquaman etc?

Avatar image for darthvaderrocks
#2 Posted by darthvaderrocks (2989 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel don't got better physicals than Thanos. Marvel would never put down Thor with only 5 hits to the face.

Anyway

Carol has better physicals than Malkith, Kurse, Destroyer, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Hela, and maybe Giant Man although he one shot the Leviathan and even was casually holding one of them as well.

#4 Posted by Kevd4wg (14308 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel don't got better physicals than Thanos. Marvel would never put down Thor with only 5 hits to the face.

Anyway

Carol has better physicals than Malkith, Kurse, Destroyer, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Hela, and maybe Giant Man although he one shot the Leviathan and even was casually holding one of them as well.

How does this not show Carol as superior to Thanos?

Loading Video...

#5 Posted by darthvaderrocks (2989 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Kevd4wg (14308 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Edited by darthvaderrocks (2989 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg: And Thanos was shown to be superior in the barn scene when he was overpowering her leg (leg strength > arm strength) not to mention him being severely weakened he tanked her bullrush. So do we take the barn scene as the answer to who's stronger or the final battle?

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
#8 Posted by KryptonianKing88 (609 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg: Thanos Doomsday an extremely pissed Hulk

#9 Edited by incursion2 (2601 posts) - - Show Bio

Carol is hard to gauge rn all because of that darned headbutt lol. From her fights with Thanos I would say they are roughly equal, but her energy projection is what makes her more powerful and also increases her durability by a large margin. Imo she's>=Thanos>>Hulk and Thor (The gaps are not massive but noticeable).

When it comes to the DCEU she's definitely ahead of everyone outside of kryptonians, even then I think only Superman has an edge on her. I think CM2 will help give a definitive answer on how powerful she really is.

#10 Posted by Xanman2000 (433 posts) - - Show Bio

Clark, Doomsday, Zod.

#11 Posted by KryptonianKing88 (609 posts) - - Show Bio

@incursion2:

They're equal if Thanos is in pain from holding the Stark gauntlet and Captain Marvel gets to use her entire body + flight against his one arm. He tanked her energy projections every time it was used against him, not a game changer in a carol vs Thanos fight. Lightning is more useful as it can ragdoll him.

#12 Posted by Kevd4wg (14308 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg: And Thanos was shown to be superior in the barn scene when he was overpowering her leg (leg strength > arm strength) not to mention him being severely weakened he tanked her bullrush. So do we take the barn scene as the answer to who's stronger or the final battle?

Thanos was barely overpowering her leg with his arm, but he also had better leverage and Carol was still restraining him anyway. I don't think that's anywhere enough evidence to discount Carol clearly being stronger and more durable later in Endgame in a much less vague scene

#13 Posted by kalkent (3763 posts) - - Show Bio

Kev arguing in his own thread smh.

#14 Posted by darthvaderrocks (2989 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg: He was completely overpowering her leg watch the scene again. In fact her leg actually comes off a mili second before Hulkbuster comes and restrains Thanos arm.

Carol getting Thanos in a chokehold and Thanos still being strong enough to get her leg off him would be even more evidence of his physical superiority. Did I mention he was weakened too?

You're either gonna be the person who takes the barn scene as the answer or the final battle scene as the answer.

Or you're gonna be like me who takes all the other moments they had on screen and see Thanos KO'd Thor with 5 hits and the Hulk with 12. Carol isn't replicating either of those things by feats, especially not with them weak sauce punches she has.

Thanos > Carol.

#15 Edited by KryptonianKing88 (609 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg: He had better leverage but he was crippled by 2 snaps and she was fresh. Imagine getting beaten in an arm wrestling match by a recent burn victim who could hardly walk because of a leverage advantage

Her being "stronger" in that scene had problems of its own. When they start fighting, they seem about even, Thanos is unable to budge Carol off his arm, and decides not to use two hands for some reason. The struggle goes on Carol gradually more easily contends with Thanos and starts bending his fingers back. She then uses her flight advantage and brings Thanos to his knees, though Thanos still holds her in place and even does so without his other arm when he grabs the stone

She probably absorbed gauntlet power, would explain the inconsistency in both scenes. Base strength, she's above Thor slightly

#17 Posted by KryptonianKing88 (609 posts) - - Show Bio

Previous post was off. She needs two hands and was grunting in effort holding him. Then suddenly is immovable. Flies in the air and uses one hand to bend back his fingers while the other was charging a punch. So it seems one armed Binary Carol + flight is stronger than Thanos who just took the gauntlet's energy

#18 Posted by darthvaderrocks (2989 posts) - - Show Bio

@kryptonianking88: You explained it better than I did. Both scenes are odd and inconsistent that's why it's best to ignore the two scenes and focus on their other feats.

#19 Posted by death4bunnies (3383 posts) - - Show Bio

I don’t think there is any inconsistency; Thanos never overpowered Carol if I remember correctly; and Carol definitely overpowered Thanos.

#20 Posted by KryptonianKing88 (609 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthvaderrocks:

So who would you say is stronger? 90k ton missile thrower Carol or Thanos, crusher of tesseracts and the one who overpowers ringforce Thor?

#21 Posted by darthvaderrocks (2989 posts) - - Show Bio

@kryptonianking88: Thanos. We've seen Thanos KO Thor in 5 hits, Carol's got like zero feats to suggest she can do that with her hands. I don't even care about her bullrushes because destroying ships with zero durability isn't all that and them being made of unkown metal doesn't change that either.

#22 Posted by Boby501 (575 posts) - - Show Bio

DD/Superman/Adapte Zod are above her

#23 Posted by darthvaderrocks (2989 posts) - - Show Bio

@kryptonianking88: Also where do you get the missile being 90,000 tons? Sounds like an odd high ball.

#24 Posted by KryptonianKing88 (609 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthvaderrocks: Was an old post, just look captain marvel missile calc. The only other calc put it at 500 tons. Decided to high ball it to match Thor/Hulk feats

#25 Posted by Rebake (4737 posts) - - Show Bio

It is kinda weird that her striking and durability are on such different levels. While I don't know for sure if this is true, some people have argued that CM absorbed power from the gauntlet to explain the head-butt scene. We do know Thanos was weakened the moment he put it on and was about to snap (like it did to Hulk).

#26 Posted by KryptonianKing88 (609 posts) - - Show Bio

@rebake: Scene should be re examined after CM2, but her no selling a headbutt isn't impossible. Thanos was weakened there and Captain Marvel did no sell missiles which can tear through Leviathans (easily Hulk+ striking)

#27 Posted by MoneyyJunee (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman, Zod, Thanos, Doomsday,

#28 Posted by TakenStew22 (5999 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman, Zod, Thanos, Doomsday,

And probably Kurse aswell.

#29 Posted by darthvaderrocks (2989 posts) - - Show Bio

@takenstew22: Kurse doesn't have better physicals than Marvel.

#30 Posted by MountAcnologia (540 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman , Zod , Thanos , Faora , Doomsday , Kurse.

#31 Posted by TakenStew22 (5999 posts) - - Show Bio

@takenstew22: Kurse doesn't have better physicals than Marvel.

How come? I don't think she could pummel Thor as hard as he did.

#32 Posted by darthvaderrocks (2989 posts) - - Show Bio

@takenstew22: This is you thinking Kurse was actually damaging Thor. He hit him 12 times (at least 8 were face shots) and Thor was relatively fine. The cuts and blood on his face came from a 100 ton boulder thrown on him and even that didn't come close to putting him down. Carol lacks striking feats of any kind but her stopping that missile coming at decent speeds then throwing it about 20 feet or so away is more than enough to say her physicals are above Kurse.

#33 Posted by TakenStew22 (5999 posts) - - Show Bio

@takenstew22: This is you thinking Kurse was actually damaging Thor. He hit him 12 times (at least 8 were face shots) and Thor was relatively fine. The cuts and blood on his face came from a 100 ton boulder thrown on him and even that didn't come close to putting him down. Carol lacks striking feats of any kind but her stopping that missile coming at decent speeds then throwing it about 20 feet or so away is more than enough to say her physicals are above Kurse.

Hmmm, maybe you're right. I was only thinking about striking.

#34 Posted by Kevd4wg (14308 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg: He was completely overpowering her leg watch the scene again. In fact her leg actually comes off a mili second before Hulkbuster comes and restrains Thanos arm.

Carol getting Thanos in a chokehold and Thanos still being strong enough to get her leg off him would be even more evidence of his physical superiority. Did I mention he was weakened too?

You're either gonna be the person who takes the barn scene as the answer or the final battle scene as the answer.

Or you're gonna be like me who takes all the other moments they had on screen and see Thanos KO'd Thor with 5 hits and the Hulk with 12. Carol isn't replicating either of those things by feats, especially not with them weak sauce punches she has.

Thanos > Carol.

I'll take the far more clear instance that a lot more was drawn to and was definitely intentional, whereas we can't really say the scene for the barn scene. But I understand people on this site can't Carol being as strong as she is, so I get why people just blatantly ignore Carol being stronger and more durable then Thanos.

Also, is there any reason Carol couldn't do that to Thor and Hulk? Just because Carol doesn't have the same wealth of feats doesn't mean anything, like the sanctuary feat is quite good.

@kevd4wg: He had better leverage but he was crippled by 2 snaps and she was fresh. Imagine getting beaten in an arm wrestling match by a recent burn victim who could hardly walk because of a leverage advantage

Her being "stronger" in that scene had problems of its own. When they start fighting, they seem about even, Thanos is unable to budge Carol off his arm, and decides not to use two hands for some reason. The struggle goes on Carol gradually more easily contends with Thanos and starts bending his fingers back. She then uses her flight advantage and brings Thanos to his knees, though Thanos still holds her in place and even does so without his other arm when he grabs the stone

She probably absorbed gauntlet power, would explain the inconsistency in both scenes. Base strength, she's above Thor slightly

There's literally no evidence to say she absorbed Gauntlet power, it seems that she took advantage of Thanos being thrown off guard to push her position, nothing weird there.

Avatar image for money_brings_happiness
#35 Posted by Money_Brings_Happiness (525 posts) - - Show Bio

Physically I put her above Thanos and Superman they don't compare to the missle feat

#36 Posted by darthvaderrocks (2989 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg:

@kevd4wg said:
@darthvaderrocks said:

Thanos > Carol.

I'll take the far more clear instance that a lot more was drawn to and was definitely intentional, whereas we can't really say the scene for the barn scene. But I understand people on this site can't Carol being as strong as she is, so I get why people just blatantly ignore Carol being stronger and more durable then Thanos.

Also, is there any reason Carol couldn't do that to Thor and Hulk? Just because Carol doesn't have the same wealth of feats doesn't mean anything, like the sanctuary feat is quite good.

@kryptonianking88 said:

There's literally no evidence to say she absorbed Gauntlet power, it seems that she took advantage of Thanos being thrown off guard to push her position, nothing weird there.

We can say the exact same thing for the barn scene. Why do you think they had Rhodey and Hulkbuster help restrain him if Carol truly had that under control? Oh wait she didn't. Too bad Carol doesn't have feats that make her stronger or more durable than Thanos.

Durability feats for the Sanctuary? Durability feats for the ship she busted in her solo film?

#37 Edited by ANTHP2000 (31178 posts) - - Show Bio

Strength and durability? Surtur maybe, he's hard to measure "stat" wise strictly. I would imagine Odin is in-verse. Doomsday likely. No one else.

#38 Edited by Mr_Shazam0920 (6074 posts) - - Show Bio

I’m on the side that she was getting amped by the stones while in that struggle with Thanos. She has no feats to suggest that she could no sell a headbutt from him. The same headbutt that KO’d Thor moments earlier.

Thanos was feeling the surge of the stones and all of a sudden the surge stopped as soon as she grabbed on to the gauntlet. If we go by that and the actual sounds of the scene, I think there is a good enough case. Also, you don’t go from being tossed aside moments before to no selling headbutts. That’s just me.

OT I think she’s Superman level if not maybe even higher.

#39 Edited by Bearderby (1728 posts) - - Show Bio

Surtur, Post-Nuke DD, Post-JL Superman

maybe IW Thor and Thanos

#40 Edited by KoLKent (1591 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday, Surtur - Maybe Hela, depending on how you view her crushing Mjolnir with one hand

#41 Posted by nn5 (1232 posts) - - Show Bio

Aether Malekith & Prime Surtur should be superior in MCU. Counting TK, Scarlet Witch, Ego & Celestial Star-lord would be stronger too.

In DCEU Doomsday may be stronger.

#42 Posted by Wot_m8 (2401 posts) - - Show Bio

For the sake of all that is holy, stop this Carol wank.

The only reason she got the upper hand on Thanos was that he was tired af, he had practically fought every hero there is up to that point.

Full healed Thanos would stomp her ass.

#43 Posted by godzilla44 (7963 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#44 Posted by AndrewGarfield (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@wot_m8 said:

For the sake of all that is holy, stop this Carol wank.

The only reason she got the upper hand on Thanos was that he was tired af, he had practically fought every hero there is up to that point.

Full healed Thanos would stomp her ass.

Lol, the directors had to find excuses to get her off the movie because of how OP she is!

#45 Posted by AndrewGarfield (17 posts) - - Show Bio

I’m on the side that she was getting amped by the stones while in that struggle with Thanos. She has no feats to suggest that she could no sell a headbutt from him. The same headbutt that KO’d Thor moments earlier.

Thanos was feeling the surge of the stones and all of a sudden the surge stopped as soon as she grabbed on to the gauntlet. If we go by that and the actual sounds of the scene, I think there is a good enough case. Also, you don’t go from being tossed aside moments before to no selling headbutts. That’s just me.

OT I think she’s Superman level if not maybe even higher.

She literally has to power up. Even in her own movie, she is hurt by spaceships firing only for her to power up more and go through them like they are made of cardboards

#46 Posted by TheVVitchKing (1397 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday and MAYBE Superman

@godzilla44: CM would plant Faora to the ground dude

Avatar image for detectivesomerset__
#47 Edited by DetectiveSomerset__ (1753 posts) - - Show Bio

IW Thor

DCEU Doomsday

JL Superman

Hela

Undebatable.

#48 Posted by Magneto1995 (54 posts) - - Show Bio

In blu Ray commentary the russos state Thanos was going to lose to Scarlet Witch and Cpt Marvel so he cheated.

#49 Posted by AndrewGarfield (17 posts) - - Show Bio

In blu Ray commentary the russos state Thanos was going to lose to Scarlet Witch and Cpt Marvel so he cheated.

Really, that's cool

#50 Edited by AndrewGarfield (17 posts) - - Show Bio

IW Thor

DCEU Doomsday

JL Superman

Hela

Undebatable.

The directors have confirmed Endgame Thor is the strongest version of Thor!