User Lists: 1

bdelloidgrain2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By bdelloidgrain2

Which Doctor Strange? Classic Strange? Current?

bdelloidgrain2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bdelloidgrain2

@ffs91 said:

Gotcha.

Round 1: Doctor Strange stomps.

Round 2: Bit of a toss up. Currently leaning toward Doctor Strange

Curious to see what others say though.

JoshTaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 doctor strange would win. For round 2 though, I have a slight inclination towards Magnus.

El_mago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

616 strange was on par with LT he should win easily

JoshTaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@el_mago said:

What the heck? He was? I am waaaay behind since I didn't know this was a thing.

Avatar image for deactivated-6025c60aa67c8
deactivated-6025c60aa67c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshtaku said:
@el_mago said:

What the heck? He was? I am waaaay behind since I didn't know this was a thing.

I think @wastelandman@zetsu-san@jrupert1@princesscadenza can give the context for that, also Magnus uses magic right? That's why i thought this would be a good idea for a fight

JoshTaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ffs91: Yep; magic, telepathy, telekinesis, and reality warping to some extent when in realspace.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By WastelandMan

@el_mago said:

He's not. The instance you're probably basing that off was in Strange Tales #158. It wasn't a fight, LT was just testing Strange who even admitted LT could have blinked Strange away if he wanted:

No Caption Provided

El_mago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pretty sure there is context behind it anyways

Avatar image for windshieldwiper
Windshieldwiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Windshieldwiper

Round 1 Strange

Round 2 Magnus the Red ( in warp he stomps )

ffs this site.... Strange isn't LT level.... hes not even odin level

• Zarathos, Classic and current Strange never could beat him. Ever. Lost 3 fights against Zarathos. Zarathos < Odin.
  • Nightmare. Always gave Strange a good fight, and at times Strange needs help to beat nightmare in some issues. Nightmare < Odin.
  • Dracula. Classic Strange 3 fights always have Dracula escaping him or forcing Strange unable to finish the fight to end him. Dracula < Odin.
  • Dr Doom. Alway gave Strange a run for his money. Doom < Odin.
  • Man Thing. Beat Strnage and even stopped a near blood lusted Strange with his empathy. Man Thing < Odin.
  • In Betweener. Strange beat him, with the help of Master Order and Lord Chaos.
  • Shuma Gorath. Needed tons of help, and context to begin to win that one.
  • Mephisto. Strange and Dr Doom tag teaming failed to subdue Mephisto. Mephisto < Odin.

Cognitive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange if we go by high end feats.

Avatar image for deactivated-6025c60aa67c8
deactivated-6025c60aa67c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JoshTaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@windshieldwiper: If what you say is true and that is what doctor strange is currently capable of then Magnus absolutely wins. But is that for current doctor strange only or does that include classic strange?

bdelloidgrain2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By bdelloidgrain2

@ffs91 said:

@joshtaku: Wastelandman posted the context for that, and i notice that @bdelloidgrain2 changed his answer to Strange

Yeah. Doctor Strange has more power outside of the Warp than Magnus does. Magnus is supposed to be beneath the God Emperor of Mankind - even he would lose to Doctor Strange.

I was thinking of the universal feat Magnus has, but that was in the Warp, and a massive outlier. He hasn't shown anything close to that kind of strength outside of the Warp, as far as I am aware.

Overall, Doctor Strange is more powerful and has better feats.

Windshieldwiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshtaku: both but mostly classic strange ( sorry for the spam idk whats going on )

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#21  Edited By WarlordEternal

Dr Strange, round one.

Round two could go either. Maybe Strange based on his high end feats.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange should ultimately win.

Avatar image for xsalmightylordx
xSalMightyLordx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod said:

Strange should ultimately win.

ANGELICA10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magnus stomps the shit out of strange in both rounds. Strange was never equal to dormammu let alone LT. Most of these so called "high end feats" have heavy context

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Classic Strange is going to shitstomp Magnus in most scenarios

Modern strange, I have no idea. Wasn't his powers stolen by Moon Knight?

SWA2point0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Non Daemon Magnus would lose in a good fight, Daemon Prince Magnus entirely depends on where he's at. If hes in the warp, he fodderizes Dr Strange, outside of it it could range anywhere from Dr Strange stomping; killing an avatar of him, to a good fight if hes got full on stable warp powers. :)

Good thread btw! :)

Ddawg92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Ddawg92

I don't know enough about Stranges powers to their fullest extent. However I do know that Magnus can with his own will power can break through barriers of time and space. If you know what the Webway is in 40k it is a dimension that exists between the Immaterial and Material realm. Hence why the Emperor was so pissed when Magnus (loyalist form) sent his message and basically opened a permanent rift which the Emperor keeps closed by sitting on the throne or Terra (Earth) will be consumed by the never ending hordes of immortal daemons.

Edit: Magnus was also on Prospero in the galatic east sector of the Milky Way at the time. Which means he would have been thousands of lightyears away from Terra at the time it happened. Judge for yourselves.

Aristeaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1: Strange

R2: Depends on where, but since its not specifically mentioned we can assume it is not the warp, so Strange.

Though I am notoriously meh on Magnus. I think he is overrated. Guy got lit the fuck up by someone we wouldn't even begin to think had a chance in hell against classic strange.

DomainDotNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Aristeaus: sorry for the late response to the tag. I've had this discussion with multiple people. I've come to the conclusion that Magnus wins here. For Strange I've read his appearances in Strange Tales(60s), Submariner#22, Hulk#126, Marvel Feature, Giant Defenders(70s), Defenders(1972), Marvel Premiere, and 19 issues so far of his seires DOCTOR STRANGE(1974). For Magnus the Red, I've read: A Thousand Sons, The Crimson King, Wrath of Magnus, Battle of the Fang, Master of Prospero, Lost and the Damned, A Thousand Sons codex and Rise of the Primarch. Technically speaking, Loyal Magnus is stronger than Daemon Magnus because he has all of his soul shards. Daemon Magnus's only plus is the fact that he Daemon Physiology meaning he's harder to put down. So far Magnus's greatest feat is in "King of Ashes" when he can destroy/remake universe(s) with his thoughts...in the warp. His greatest feat in the Materium was probably stated in the codex where he is capable of destroying a planet with his magic...could be a outlier. Strange on the other hand could destroy a planet by him pouring all his magic into its core(Marvel Premier#9). Magnus however can conjure a shield that protected him from a beam of energy with heat of a million suns behind it and a shield to protect him from orbial bombardment...a single Warhammer 40K ship can easily life wipe a planet. Really comparing what I've read between the two, Magnus's is stronger mentally, physically and magically.

Windshieldwiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 prolly Strange

Round 2 could go either way ( if theyre both outside the warp ) inside the warp Magnus lawl stomps easily

KriegAstartes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Classic strange no diffs, but consistent/modern strange loses, but as I say, I have missed out on recent marvel.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#45  Edited By ProfessorRespect
@kriegastartes said:

Classic strange no diffs, but consistent/modern strange loses, but as I say, I have missed out on recent marvel.

There's no difference between the pair unless you are talking about Last Days of Magic Strange. This is a well known and debunked notion about the character.

KriegAstartes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Where would you put a strange mate, like I said I really don't have a clue on stranges speed, AP, etc. I do know he has wild showings but he's not really a character I know well.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#47  Edited By ProfessorRespect
@kriegastartes said:

@professorrespect: Where would you put a strange mate, like I said I really don't have a clue on stranges speed, AP, etc. I do know he has wild showings but he's not really a character I know well.

I did RT's on Strange within two decades of feats (1960's and 1970's) that basically set the power level for him for the rest of his tenures. He tends to balance a bunch of different powers and abilities.

KriegAstartes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KriegAstartes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cergic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blaze-:

• 616 Doctor Strange (Classic/Modern)
  • With random encounter

This makes me want to go with Classic Strange.
He's repeatedly dealt with beings more capable than Magnus, especially since this will most certainly mean real-space and not a warp encounter. Magnus is dangerous but he's been actively struggling with nullifying or "anti"-force, and Strange hosts a great deal of defensive capabilities along with his offensive ones.