Both are at full power. Who wins?

Ome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Ome

Strange. Last I checked, Doomsday had no immunities or resistances to Magic. Strange could do anything from make him think he was a 6 year old girl, to turning him inside out and backwards.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Apparition

Eternal Chaos says:

"Bookman says:
"Both are at full power. Who wins?"
Doomsday moves too fast. If the Doctor had prep or at least time to set up some shields he'd take it."

just how fast do you think doomsday moves?

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Bookman says:

Doomsday moves too fast. If the Doctor had prep or at least time to set up some shields he'd take it.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Static Shock

I think Strange could pull it off, giving he had enough time and distance to cast a spell. But, he better make sure the spell he uses takes out Doomsday the first time. If not, he'll run the risk of getting owned. As for Doomsday's speed, he's fast for a being his size, many times faster than a normal human being in terms of running speed.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Apparition

Eternal Chaos says:

"Apparition says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Bookman says:
Doomsday moves too fast. If the Doctor had prep or at least time to set up some shields he'd take it."
just how fast do you think doomsday moves?"
Didn't full power Doomsday move fast enough to kill Superman and beat the rest of the JLA? If that's the case I don't see Stephen winning."

he isnt a speedster. he isnt even as quick as spiderman. he was just quicker than they thought he would be because of his size. strange shouldnt have any problems.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Methos

Strange has this one...

he could just transmutate Doomsday into a puddle of milk with a wave of his hand.

M

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Apparition says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Bookman says:
just how fast do you think doomsday moves?"

Didn't full power Doomsday move fast enough to kill Superman and beat the rest of the JLA? If that's the case I don't see Stephen winning.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Methos

Eternal Chaos says:

"Didn't full power Doomsday move fast enough to kill Superman and beat the rest of the JLA? If that's the case I don't see Stephen winning."

Nope, full power doomsday was only moving at normal speed...

Doomsday has never shown superspeed

M

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Apparition

Eternal Chaos says:

"Ok, now you guys clarified that for me (Thank god) Doctor Strange can take this one. I thought Doomsday moved at that speed because I made the mistake of going to Wiki a few weeks ago. "

lol bad move!

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Forever

Eternal Chaos says:

"Ok, now you guys clarified that for me (Thank god) Doctor Strange can take this one. I thought Doomsday moved at that speed because I made the mistake of going to Wiki a few weeks ago. "

You have to take that with a grain of salt.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Ok, now you guys clarified that for me (Thank god) Doctor Strange can take this one. I thought Doomsday moved at that speed because I made the mistake of going to Wiki a few weeks ago.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Booster Gold Commenting on how Doomsday is faster then the Flash.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Apparition

lol

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Static Shock

Eternal Chaos says:

Come on, pimptight. You know better. DC Database says the same thing, too.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sparda

Eternal Chaos says:

"Hey, we all make mistakes, I'm not perfect... it was a bad week, too much boredome. I'm sorry everybody, even Eternal Chaos makes mistakes when not thinking properly. Now that that's been cleared up let's all just erase that from my history. LoL."

Never.

Saves EC's fault in thread to his memory

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Hey, we all make mistakes, I'm not perfect... it was a bad week, too much boredome. I'm sorry everybody, even Eternal Chaos makes mistakes when not thinking properly. Now that that's been cleared up let's all just erase that from my history. LoL.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Forever

Gambler says:

"Booster Gold Commenting on how Doomsday is faster then the Flash."

This appears to yet again be an example of Hyperbole. What was he measuring this movement with? It was much faster than the normal speed Booster Gold could attain and possibly beyond peak human but we have instances of Captain America and other peak humans moving faster than the eye can follow, so Booster would lose all ability to discern who is faster when approaching peak human speed.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Methos says:

"Gambler says:

wtf...

i have never seen him use Superspeed...

i think that was just Booster Gold being full of it as usual lol

M

"

Yeah I dont know how much stock I'd put in it, but there's at least one instance where someone comments on his speed.
Post Edited:2008-02-29 20:05:54

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Apparition

booster gold's an idiot.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Methos

Gambler says:

wtf...

i have never seen him use Superspeed...

i think that was just Booster Gold being full of it as usual lol

M

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Forever says:

"Gambler says:

This appears to yet again be an example of Hyperbole. What was he measuring this movement with? It was much faster than the normal speed Booster Gold could attain and possibly beyond peak human but we have instances of Captain America and other peak humans moving faster than the eye can follow, so Booster would lose all ability to discern who is faster when approaching peak human speed."

I can agree with this, but we could also look at it another way. This was Doomsday's coming out party so to speak, his first showing. Now which is more likely (from a creators point of view) that Booster Gold is simply mistaking and or has nothing to compare Doomsday's actual speed to? Or that the creators of Doomsday are trying to show the reader just how fast there monster is? I guess its a matter of opinion.
Post Edited:2008-02-29 20:09:34

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Static Shock

Methos says:

"wtf...i have never seen him use Superspeed...i think that was just Booster Gold being full of it as usual lolM"

Probably.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Methos says:

"Gambler says:
wtf... i have never seen him use Superspeed... i think that was just Booster Gold being full of it as usual lol M "

NO!!!! He must be right!!!!

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Static Shock

Apparition says:

"booster gold's an idiot."

LOL. I couldn't agree more.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Methos

Eternal Chaos says:

"NO!!!! He must be right!!!!"

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Methos

Gambler says:

"I can agree with this, but we could also look at it another way. This was Doomsday's coming out party so to speak, his first showing. No which is more likely (from a creators point of view) that Booster Gold is simply mistaking and or has nothing to compare Doomsday's actual speed to? Or that the creators of Doomsday are trying to show the reader just how fast there monster is? I guess its a matter of opinion."

I trust in Apparition...

Apparition says:

M

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Gambler says:

"Forever says:
"Gambler says:
"Booster Gold Commenting on how Doomsday is faster then the Flash. "
This appears to yet again be an example of Hyperbole. What was he measuring this movement with? It was much faster than the normal speed Booster Gold could attain and possibly beyond peak human but we have instances of Captain America and other peak humans moving faster than the eye can follow, so Booster would lose all ability to discern who is faster when approaching peak human speed."
I can agree with this, but we could also look at it another way. This was Doomsday's coming out party so to speak, his first showing. Now which is more likely (from a creators point of view) that Booster Gold is simply mistaking and or has nothing to compare Doomsday's actual speed to? Or that the creators of Doomsday are trying to show the reader just how fast there monster is? I guess its a matter of opinion.
Post Edited:2008-02-29 20:09:34"

That's possible to, but I have to keep asking, if he was moving so slowly, how is it that his "normal" speed was so overwhelming for everybody? If he was moving that slowly, shouldn't Superman have been able to punch circles around him and dodge his hits? What about the others? They should've been able to avoid him if he was moving at normal speed. That little minor detail is bothering me and I can't help but come back to it because what if he really is moving insanely fast? What if he really is such a threat?

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Forever

Gambler says:

"I can agree with this, but we could also look at it another way. This was Doomsday's coming out party so to speak, his first showing. Now which is more likely (from a creators point of view) that Booster Gold is simply mistaking and or has nothing to compare Doomsday's actual speed to? Or that the creators of Doomsday are trying to show the reader just how fast there monster is? I guess its a matter of opinion.

I agree with you entirely. My first response was to explain it within the confines of the comic book world, but since you've stepped outside the box, I think that is exactly what happened. The character was created to kill Superman and to really be dangerous enough to do so they created him with the correct attributes to get the job done. The problem is that they didn't hold true to that with the character and so his quickness, taken in light of all of his showings, appears to be far below what was stated in that panel.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Forever says:

"Gambler says:
"I can agree with this, but we could also look at it another way. This was Doomsday's coming out party so to speak, his first showing. Now which is more likely (from a creators point of view) that Booster Gold is simply mistaking and or has nothing to compare Doomsday's actual speed to? Or that the creators of Doomsday are trying to show the reader just how fast there monster is? I guess its a matter of opinion.

I agree with you entirely. My first response was to explain it within the confines of the comic book world, but since you've stepped outside the box, I think that is exactly what happened. The character was created to kill Superman and to really be dangerous enough to do so they created him with the correct attributes to get the job done. The problem is that they didn't hold true to that with the character and so his quickness, taken in light of all of his showings, appears to be far below what was stated in that panel."

Thats a good point. In fact there's a scan of Superman facing off against Doomsday again, and actually moving so fast that Dooms cant land a shot.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Methos says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"NO!!!! He must be right!!!!"
M "

I can't help but think just a little bit that he's super fast. LoL.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Apparition

Methos says:

"Gambler says:
"I can agree with this, but we could also look at it another way. This was Doomsday's coming out party so to speak, his first showing. No which is more likely (from a creators point of view) that Booster Gold is simply mistaking and or has nothing to compare Doomsday's actual speed to? Or that the creators of Doomsday are trying to show the reader just how fast there monster is? I guess its a matter of opinion."
I trust in Apparition... Apparition says:
M"

Static Shock says:

"Apparition says:
LOL. I couldn't agree more."

lol thank you both!

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Forever

Gambler says:

"Thats a good point. In fact there's a scan of Superman facing off against Doomsday again, and actually moving so fast that Dooms cant land a shot. "

Yes I think at that point they backed off his earlier power set to give Superman a chance against him. As he was first written he was more than a match for any physical attack Superman would give and once he was "reborn" from Superman's killing blow, should have had no trouble at all in any subsequent fights with the Man of Steel

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Forever says:

"Gambler says:
"Thats a good point. In fact there's a scan of Superman facing off against Doomsday again, and actually moving so fast that Dooms cant land a shot. "

Yes I think at that point they backed off his earlier power set to give Superman a chance against him. As he was first written he was more than a match for any physical attack Superman would give and once he was "reborn" from Superman's killing blow, should have had no trouble at all in any subsequent fights with the Man of Steel"

Its almost as if they didn't expect him to be a reoccurring character. Then after they decided to bring him back they needed to scale him down a lil.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Forever

Gambler says:

"Its almost as if they didn't expect him to be a reoccurring character. Then after they decided to bring him back they needed to scale him down a lil."

Either they didnt expect him to be reoccurring or they didn't use enough foresight. Or perhaps they were going to give Superman a boost when he came back and decided against it because of the way it would effect his dealings with the rest of his rogue's gallery, which I guess would again be a lack of foresight.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Methos

i think they just didn't expect him to become a recurring character which is why they made him so powerful...

it's even commented on by Cyborg Superman afterwards that Green Lantern should have been able to atomize Doomsday's body with his ring...

slight blooper there as Green Lantern never fought Doomsday lol

M

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Methos says:

"i think they just didn't expect him to become a recurring character which is why they made him so powerful...it's even commented on by Cyborg Superman afterwards that Green Lantern should have been able to atomize Doomsday's body with his ring...slight blooper there as Green Lantern never fought Doomsday lolM"

Thee Green Lantern may never have, but there are some GL's who have. And failed :P

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Forever

Methos says:

"i think they just didn't expect him to become a recurring character which is why they made him so powerful...it's even commented on by Cyborg Superman afterwards that Green Lantern should have been able to atomize Doomsday's body with his ring...slight blooper there as Green Lantern never fought Doomsday lolM"

Yes interesting how the characters who would have had a better chance, or at least as good a one, as Superman, didnt actually happen to be available.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Methos says:

"i think they just didn't expect him to become a recurring character which is why they made him so powerful... it's even commented on by Cyborg Superman afterwards that Green Lantern should have been able to atomize Doomsday's body with his ring... slight blooper there as Green Lantern never fought Doomsday lol M"

That's one hell of a blooper.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Methos

the only person with Green Lantern like abilities to fight Doomsday was Guy Gardner with an old style yellow ring, and he couldn't do sod all to Doomsday with it...

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Methos

Gambler says:

"Maybe he meant Guy Gardner?"

see above post :p

M

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Post Deleted.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By The_Ghostshell

:P thats why I deleted it. But he has fought other GL's and a Guardian. (not sure if you meant ever, or just in his original showing)

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Methos

yeah, fighting against Green Lantern's is weird... it depends entirely on the Green Lantern you're facing at the time as to how the battle goes

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Methos

ulitmateninjagaidenx says:

"so really thair nobody in dc or marvel can stop doomsday?"

i think we've established that a fully powered Dr Strange could do it

M

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Apparition

ulitmateninjagaidenx says:

jeez read a post or something!

Avatar image for ulitmateninjagaidenx
ulitmateninjagaidenx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so really thair nobody in dc or marvel can stop doomsday?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Methos

thinking about it, the JLA that fought Doomsday at his height was pretty piss poor...

look at the lineup...

Booster Gold, Guy Gardner, Fire, Ice, Bloodwynd...

was there anyone else?

M

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Apparition

i dont think so but wasn't bloodwynd really martian manhunter?

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Apparition

Static Shock says:

"Apparition says:
"ulitmateninjagaidenx says:
jeez read a post or something!"