Doctor Fate VS Kefka Palazzo

texplorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Alternate worlds collide and two mages are pitted against each other, bloodlusted and viewing each other a threat. Each opponent faces each other in their original/maxed form in 4 scenarios. Who wins and why?

Doctor Fate a powerful sorcerer and agent for the Lords of Order. His amulet, cloak and helmet are creations of the ancient Nabu who acts as his mentor and spiritual guide. The Helmet of Fate grants vast magical powers but without the helmet, the wearer's powers are limited to their own sorcery.

Doctor Strangefate is the most powerful being in the Amalgam Universe, with the combined powers and identities of Doctor Fate and Doctor Strange.

VS

Kefka Palazzo the first experimental magitek knight, gifted with vast magical powers while cursed with shattered sanity. He acquired excess power and immunities by draining the lives of magical beings known as Espers.

God Kefka the incarnation of draining the petrified Warring Triad dieties turning himself into the god of magic.

Scenarios

1. Doctor Fate VS Kefka Palazzo

2. Doctor Strangefate VS Kefka Palazzo

3. Doctor Fate VS God Kefka

4. Doctor Strangefate VS God Kefka

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr Fate will stomp this magical clown into oblivion.

since this guy fought higher beings from dc universe far higher than ones from final fantasy.

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's been years since I played the game but I really don't remember Kefka being all that powerful. Maybe it was due to game mechanics though.

texplorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RR79 Its notable you mention game mechanics for difficulty in judging a characters overall power. Video games are pretty linear and compressed in depth of story/character unlike a ongoing comic/manga/tv series. Usually follows underpowered heroes build stats to face seemingly powerful foe trope. Then gameplay has foe use strong but limited attacks in a predictable manner (especially old games like this).

For the sake of fiction, takeaway the turn based battle experience and consider Kefkas noted feats and abilities. Like: warping reality, elemental manipulation, power bestowal, and magical absorption, telekinesis, creates monsters, high physical strength, all magic, unique highest magic power attacks, and project illusions. A pretty OP mage.

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RR79 Its notable you mention game mechanics for difficulty in judging a characters overall power. Video games are pretty linear and compressed in depth of story/character unlike a ongoing comic/manga/tv series. Usually follows underpowered heroes build stats to face seemingly powerful foe trope. Then gameplay has foe use strong but limited attacks in a predictable manner (especially old games like this).

For the sake of fiction, takeaway the turn based battle experience and consider Kefkas noted feats and abilities. Like: warping reality, elemental manipulation, power bestowal, and magical absorption, telekinesis, creates monsters, high physical strength, all magic, unique highest magic power attacks, and project illusions. A pretty OP mage.

He could very well be more powerful than I remember. As I said, it has been years since I played that game. I didn't even remember the creating monsters or power bestowal. Still, it's going to have to be extremely high level to have a chance of beating Dr Fate.

texplorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79: Ya, same for me. Years since i played, hence why i had help from wiki to build the profiles because its easier and im lazy! Lol. Though i transferred what i could confirm to memory, i also do not recall power bestowal (seems abit to altruistic for kefkas personality profile) or creating monsters. Wiki/other claim that Kefkas "Light of Judgement" magic attack is not only destructive but in ways births monsters, (if i recall was Phunbaba "specifically said" to emerge from the attacks scorched earth). There are also claims that he created all the monsters on his tower to guard it. Also that he revived and bestowed some power back to the warring triad only to have them serve as his personal guard. All this happens behind the scenes and can be speculative but does make sense when piecing together a lacking story. Ya Dr Fate is a beast tho, God Kefka would prove a challenge tho considering what he eventually became. Ahh the memories, great game, and actually a decent story.