Doc Samson vs Ares

Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Theracles

In a random encounter who takes this fight?

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Valkaad

I really like Doc Samson he has always been one of my favorite characters going to back to the lightning bolt shirt days. That being said, I think Ares millenia of experience in battle would be too much for Samson to overcome.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_Martian

This would be a close fight. But Ares would take it due to skills and experience.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I don't think this will be close at all.Ares is a far better fighter than Samson and alot more durable.They are on the same strength level I believe so Ares has more than enough edge to win.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Martian

Samson was able to take blows from the Hulk for hours on end. I don't think his durability is an issue.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By the creator
Nobody said:
"Samson was able to take blows from the Hulk for hours on end. I don't think his durability is an issue."
He is very tough (on a similar level to the Thing for blunt trauma I think) but I don't think that his durable to blunt trauma is as high as Ares.

Ares wins. He has the additional benefits on unlimited physical endurance, a fast healing factor and thousands of years of combat experience.
The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Scourge
Nobody said:
"This would be a close fight. But Ares would take it due to skills and experience."
agree
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Nobody said:
"Samson was able to take blows from the Hulk for hours on end. I don't think his durability is an issue."
Why do people always try and use this as if it is logical.She-Hulk is weaker than Hulk and she punched Samson to another Country.Samson took blows from the Hulk back when Daredevil took blows from Namor and Spider-Man slammed the Surfer off his board.
Magicalmoment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Magicalmoment

ares probably wins

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Martian
Vance Astro said:
"Nobody said:
Why do people always try and use this as if it is logical.She-Hulk is weaker than Hulk and she punched Samson to another Country.Samson took blows from the Hulk back when Daredevil took blows from Namor and Spider-Man slammed the Surfer off his board.
"
I'm pretty sure Samson was fine when she hit him. Yeah he flew back, but it didn't hurt really. This happens to Superman, the force of the blow will knock him back, but doesn't cause any damage.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Martian
Vance Astro said:
"Nobody said:
"
I'm pretty sure Samson was fine when she hit him. Yeah he flew back, but it didn't hurt really. This happens to Superman, the force of the blow will knock him back, but doesn't cause any damage.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Nobody said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Nobody said:
"
I'm pretty sure Samson was fine when she hit him. Yeah he flew back, but it didn't hurt really. This happens to Superman, the force of the blow will knock him back, but doesn't cause any damage."
Iron Man one shotted Samson.He didn't fly off the punch he was just knocked out.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Martian

So cause Iron Man did that one time we should ignore the fact that Samson fights class 100 opponents?

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Magicalmoment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Magicalmoment

wasn't full-page scans illegal?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Nobody said:
"So cause Iron Man did that one time we should ignore the fact that Samson fights class 100 opponents?

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

"
You're going way back.Around this time everyone was fighting class 100 oppoents.Moon Knight fought Hulk now he can barely beat common Thugs,Iron dropped Silver Surfer,Spider-Man beat Firelord,Daredevil fought Thor,Ghost Rider beat the Avengers...I could go on but I'm sure you get it by now.Doc Samson isn't that durable..when written as he should be..Samson is nothing more than fodder.He's not a good fighter and he never has been and him taking Namor,Wonder Man,Iron Man,and Herc at one time is absolute bullsh#t and you know it.He could take either of the individually.In comics more recent than this scan you are showing Samson has been owned by Rage,She-Hulk and Iron Man..none of them anywhere near Hulk's strength.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Martian
Vance Astro said:
"He could take either of the individually.In comics more recent than this scan you are showing Samson has been owned by Rage,She-Hulk and Iron Man..none of them anywhere near Hulk's strength."
And all of them are stronger than Ares...
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Nobody said:
"Vance Astro said:
"He could take either of the individually.In comics more recent than this scan you are showing Samson has been owned by Rage,She-Hulk and Iron Man..none of them anywhere near Hulk's strength."
And all of them are stronger than Ares..."
That wasn't the point.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_Martian

I think that you have a terrible point. Since his creation Doc Samson has faught Hercules, Iron Man, Namor, Hulk(a lot of times), She-Hulk, etc. Yet cause he got beat by a few people recently we should just ignore all his past feats.

mira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mira

I agree with Vance Astro.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20  Edited By Erik

Doc Samson's powers have always been written incredibly inconsistent. Now that his powers have "stabilized" they are more even. 

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Nobody said:
"I think that you have a terrible point. Since his creation Doc Samson has faught Hercules, Iron Man, Namor, Hulk(a lot of times), She-Hulk, etc. Yet cause he got beat by a few people recently we should just ignore all his past feats."
My point was you are acting like Samson taking the Hulk is a testament to his strength and durability when people weaker than the Hulk have one-shotted him.His past feats are bullsh#t.Most of the feats from that era were..that's why I started listing all the feats that were BS around those times.I just read a Daredevil annual from that era where he took a shot from Namor but then clearly says T'Challa almost broke his jaw.They didn't think back then.
Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Theracles
Nobody said:
"I think that you have a terrible point. Since his creation Doc Samson has faught Hercules, Iron Man, Namor, Hulk(a lot of times), She-Hulk, etc. Yet cause he got beat by a few people recently we should just ignore all his past feats."

Well Nobody it just stands to reason that Iron Man, Namor, Hulk and Hercules, She-Hulk as well have become stronger since then, it's about ignoring his past feats, he is no longer able to do that as he was no match for She-Hulk. Also Doc Samson said it himself they have been through a fight with Hulk which possibly weakened them dramatically however if Doc Samson were to be in a battle with Iron Man he would lose horribly because his chances are simply not good, Iron Man is a lot faster, stronger, more durable etc. the same is the issue with Namor, Hulk, She-Hulk and Hercules, this is the reason why writers don't even have Doc Samson fight them anymore because nobody would buy a comic book in which Namor or any of them defeat Doc Samson with very little effort which would only have a few pages. I'll have to agree with Vance and in the battle I believe that Ares would defeat Doc Samson.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Theracles said:
"Nobody said:
Well Nobody it just stands to reason that Iron Man, Namor, Hulk and Hercules, She-Hulk as well have become stronger since then, it's about ignoring his past feats, he is no longer able to do that as he was no match for She-Hulk. Also Doc Samson said it himself they have been through a fight with Hulk which possibly weakened them dramatically however if Doc Samson were to be in a battle with Iron Man he would lose horribly because his chances are simply not good, Iron Man is a lot faster, stronger, more durable etc. the same is the issue with Namor, Hulk, She-Hulk and Hercules, this is the reason why writers don't even have Doc Samson fight them anymore because nobody would buy a comic book in which Namor or any of them defeat Doc Samson with very little effort which would only have a few pages. I'll have to agree with Vance and in the battle I believe that Ares would defeat Doc Samson."
Whether they've gotten stronger or not the feat is still BS.Samson is only class 70..so him over-powering even Iron Man is BS..no matter how long ago it was.Iron Man was stronger than Samson before West Coast Avengers..way before that actually.
Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Theracles
Vance Astro said:
"Theracles said:
"Nobody said:
Well Nobody it just stands to reason that Iron Man, Namor, Hulk and Hercules, She-Hulk as well have become stronger since then, it's about ignoring his past feats, he is no longer able to do that as he was no match for She-Hulk. Also Doc Samson said it himself they have been through a fight with Hulk which possibly weakened them dramatically however if Doc Samson were to be in a battle with Iron Man he would lose horribly because his chances are simply not good, Iron Man is a lot faster, stronger, more durable etc. the same is the issue with Namor, Hulk, She-Hulk and Hercules, this is the reason why writers don't even have Doc Samson fight them anymore because nobody would buy a comic book in which Namor or any of them defeat Doc Samson with very little effort which would only have a few pages. I'll have to agree with Vance and in the battle I believe that Ares would defeat Doc Samson."
Whether they've gotten stronger or not the feat is still BS.Samson is only class 70..so him over-powering even Iron Man is BS..no matter how long ago it was.Iron Man was stronger than Samson before West Coast Avengers..way before that actually.
"

Indeed, the writers weren't thinking when they wrote that comic book.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By The_Martian
Vance Astro said:
"Whether they've gotten stronger or not the feat is still BS.Samson is only class 70..so him over-powering even Iron Man is BS..no matter how long ago it was.Iron Man was stronger than Samson before West Coast Avengers..way before that actually."
I believe his strength varies or at least it used to. Something to do with the length of his hair like the real Samson.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26  Edited By Erik
erik said:
"Doc Samson's powers have always been written incredibly inconsistent. Now that his powers have "stabilized" they are more even. "

Nobody said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Whether they've gotten stronger or not the feat is still BS.Samson is only class 70..so him over-powering even Iron Man is BS..no matter how long ago it was.Iron Man was stronger than Samson before West Coast Avengers..way before that actually."
I believe his strength varies or at least it used to. Something to do with the length of his hair like the real Samson."

Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Theracles
Nobody said:
"Vance Astro said:
I believe his strength varies or at least it used to. Something to do with the length of his hair like the real Samson."
At first his strength depended on the length of his hair and the longer it was, the more powerful he became although his mutation has since stabilized making his hair length irrelevant.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Nobody said:
"Vance Astro said:
I don't believe that because there isn't one source that makes the same claim.
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By the creator
Nobody said:
All of his appearances made by a character should be considered to get an even picture of the character.
This should be the case for any character.

erik said:
"Doc Samson's powers have always been written incredibly inconsistent. Now that his powers have "stabilized" they are more even. "
He did start out weaker and not that as you say, he seems to have settled in to a grove, all of his appearnaces subsequently should be looked at to make an informed opinion.

Vance Astro said:
Whether they've gotten stronger or not the feat is still BS.Samson is only class 70..so him over-powering even Iron Man is BS..no matter how long ago it was.Iron Man was stronger than Samson before West Coast Avengers..way before that actually."
That's the Silver Centurion armour Iron Man is wearing and that was nowhere near the current strength level of his current armour.
I don't think he was much beyond 50 tonnes in it.

Vance Astro said:
"Nobody said:
"So cause Iron Man did that one time we should ignore the fact that Samson fights class 100 opponents?

You're going way back.Around this time everyone was fighting class 100 oppoents.Moon Knight fought Hulk now he can barely beat common Thugs,Iron dropped Silver Surfer,Spider-Man beat Firelord,Daredevil fought Thor,Ghost Rider beat the Avengers...I could go on but I'm sure you get it by now.Doc Samson isn't that durable..when written as he should be..Samson is nothing more than fodder.He's not a good fighter and he never has been and him taking Namor,Wonder Man,Iron Man,and Herc at one time is absolute bullsh#t and you know it.He could take either of the individually.In comics more recent than this scan you are showing Samson has been owned by Rage,She-Hulk and Iron Man..none of them anywhere near Hulk's strength.
"
Everyone needs to remeber that at the time Samson was around 70 tonnes in strength and as clearly says in the top left hand panel, Samson comments that he is weaker than Wonder Man (95 tonnes at the time) and the only reason he can engage the 4 of them in this battle is because they have been in a hard fight with the Hulk.
I still doubt he could enagage the 4 of them, even if he is fresh. He might have been able to take on Wonder Mand and Iron Man or Iron Man and Namor but certainly not Hercules.

Nobody said:
"Vance Astro said:

Yep. His strenmgth depended upon hair length - rather stupid actually.
he was also around the 25 tonne mark at that time (prior to his rexposure to gamma radiation and subsequent strength increase).

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By The_Martian
Vance Astro said:
"Nobody said:
"Vance Astro said:
"

No Caption Provided
It also states this on Marvel.com
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Nobody said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Nobody said:
"Vance Astro said:
"

No Caption Provided
It also states this on Marvel.com"
I was trying to believe Marvel didn't write anything this stupid.
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By the creator
Vance Astro said:
I was trying to believe Marvel didn't write anything this stupid."
Oh they have written some real special cases in the past.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By The_Martian

So as I said, his strength varies. As you can see in the picture where he faught the Class 100's his hair was much longer than normal.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
the creator said:
"Vance Astro said:
I was trying to believe Marvel didn't write anything this stupid."
Oh they have written some real special cases in the past."
LOL.I know..
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By the creator
Nobody said:
"So as I said, his strength varies. As you can see in the picture where he faught the Class 100's his hair was much longer than normal."

The top scan of his cutting his hair is quite old.
Nowdays he does not have this 'weakness'. His strength appears to be fixed. He just keeps his hair longer.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By The_Martian
the creator said:
"Nobody said:
"So as I said, his strength varies. As you can see in the picture where he faught the Class 100's his hair was much longer than normal."
The top scan of his cutting his hair is quite old.Nowdays he does not have this 'weakness'. His strength appears to be fixed. He just keeps his hair longer."
They still list it in his bios
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By the creator
Nobody said:
"the creator said:
"Nobody said:
The top scan of his cutting his hair is quite old.Nowdays he does not have this 'weakness'. His strength appears to be fixed. He just keeps his hair longer."
They still list it in his bios"
I'm sure I read that this was no longer the case.
I'm not sure if it was a handbook or in an actual comic.
I've have to do some homework and see if I can track it down.
However, has not his recent appearance in the Hulk comic shown him with cropped hair (I know it's written by the idiot Loeb).
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By The_Martian

This is from a handbook
This is from a handbook

I think his hair is down to shoulder length right now, in the Hulk comics. Which is about where he has had it for awhile. So I wouldn't be surprised if he is at 70 tons right now. But if he did let it grow out again, maybe he would get stronger.

Doc Samson, last time I saw him

EDIT: But I think you are right about it being shorter. For some reason just a few comics before that his hair was really short.
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By the creator
Nobody said:
"
This is from a handbook
This is from a handbook

I think his hair is down to shoulder length right now, in the Hulk comics. Which is about where he has had it for awhile. So I wouldn't be surprised if he is at 70 tons right now. But if he did let it grow out again, maybe he would get stronger.

"
I though I saw him in a trench coat with short hair.
Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me.
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By the creator

Anyway, catch you guys tomorrow.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By The_Martian

@Creator: I edited my post. I think just a comic or two before that he did have short hair. It magically grew lol

Right?
Right?
A few comics later like this...thats a major change.
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By the creator
Nobody said:
"@Creator: I edited my post. I think just a comic or two before that he did have short hair. It magically grew lol

Right?
Right?
"

He must spend a fortune on hair care products.......either that or Loeb is the idiot we all think him to be.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Ares.SLAUGHTERHOUSE

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By The_Martian
the creator said:
"Loeb is the idiot we all think him to be."
I'm going to go with that. But then again in Thunderbolts his hair is even shorter...

I figure he would be like 50 toner like that lol
I figure he would be like 50 toner like that lol

Seems like Marvel can't make up their mind, cause when he appeared in She-Hulk it was long lol
Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Valkaad
Vance Astro said:
"Nobody said:
My point was you are acting like Samson taking the Hulk is a testament to his strength and durability when people weaker than the Hulk have one-shotted him.His past feats are bullsh#t.Most of the feats from that era were..that's why I started listing all the feats that were BS around those times.I just read a Daredevil annual from that era where he took a shot from Namor but then clearly says T'Challa almost broke his jaw.They didn't think back then.
"

Most of the feats from that area where bulls#t? Yet you constantly reference Champion getting his ribs broken in a comic from that era.
I guess the feats NOW are more reasonable and well thought out...Black Panther puts surfer in an unbreakable choke hold, She-hulk gets vastly stronger by lifting weights as Jennifer Walters and then beats up Champion of the Universe, wolverine can regenerate from a single cell, drax punches a hole through Thanos. Yeah those feats are WAY more realistic. 
Avatar image for deactivated-62bb20d3566c2
deactivated-62bb20d3566c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Probably Doc Samson with high difficulty.

ForcePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Samson will edge it out if it's a physical fight, but it's pretty close. Ares will win if he has his axe.