Follow

Dragon Ball Universe

Concept » Dragon Ball Universe appears in 185 issues.

The shared universe between some of the works of Akira Toriyama such as Dragonball, Jaco the Galactic Patrolman, Dr Slump, Neko Majin, and other one shot mangas.

Do DBZ Characters Have Feats Against Hax?

• 87 results
    kalder_ridley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kalder_ridley

people highball DB characters so much on here but I don't remember if they have any feats against high-level hax. people just assume they'd power though it I guess

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
    ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think they ever really encountered anybody with much hax. most of their fights were just punch-punch-kick-kick-blast

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71d5620272
    deactivated-59b71d5620272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In DBZ the only one with some form of hax is buu and the only one who more or less resisted is Vegito.

Marc_55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really. There are very rare instances of hax being employed in DB, and even more rare instances of people resisting them.

kalder_ridley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kalder_ridley
    Avatar image for deactivated-605ff3ffc3245
    deactivated-605ff3ffc3245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The thing in DB is that if you are stronger than your opponent stat wise hax abilties mostly don't work with a few exceptions. Telekineses, Mind Control, Time Manipulation, Dimensional Hax abilities, Matter Manipulation all got resisted with pure stat superiority. The only 2 hax abilties never countered was as far as i know are the Devilmite Beam and the Kienzan. Pretty much everything else is countered with raw power.

And when it comes to battles between different creations the question always is which will be used in the battle IMO. Some hax abilities in other universes can affect stronger opponents so if you put someone with that kind of hax against a DB character the question would be which counts more.

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lets put it this way. In DB/Z/S hax can be countered by being stronger than the user. However certain fans tend to think that it counts no matter the series they are put up against even if the series they are facing has hax that has worked on stronger characters. There are even other fans who have gone as far as to say DB/Z/S characters are immune to all hax in fiction due to them having a power level and other series not using power levels.

greenarrow5476

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By greenarrow5476

Not really tbh in DBS Beerus has his "hakai" ability but we don't know what it can fully do is but it would appear that they don't have much resistance to hax.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seagod: i asked it in general but i will ask you since you gave almost the same answer as me XD. What do you think counts more when we put Goku against Kaguya or Sasuke in terms of Hax? Goku is IMO after the Frieza Saga worlds above them in stats so in the DB universe hax wouldn't work on him but in the Naruto universe their hax abilties work on stronger beings aswell. What is the middle ground here?

kalder_ridley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vegeta has really good TP resistance, but I don't think anyone else does.

is badidi really high-level though?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b728068f211c
    deactivated-5b728068f211c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalder_ridley: Didnt he speak to everyone on earth? Dragon Ball has high level tp just not offensive enough.

Avatar image for superdragonfly9
    SuperDragonfly9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SuperDragonfly9

There are people with Hax in Dragonball.

Frieza has psychic / telekenisis powers and they work against DBZ characters like Goku and Krillin. So telekinesis or psychic powers from another series would work on DBZ characters

Master Roshi has a hypnosis technique that could Put Kid Goku asleep. Babadi through magic can also control minds. So beings from another series could use hypnosis and mind control powers on dbz characters that would work.

Goku can teleport instantly to anywhere in the world and has used it in combat against people who were stronger like cell. So someone from another series with teleportation powers could work on DBZ characters.

Krillins Destruckto Disk can ignore durability as long as the gap isnt benemoth levels. So another technique from another series that ignores durability from another universe probably would work the same as krillins destruckto disk.

Majin Boo candy beam is Hax itself and works on the warriors so magic would also work on dbz.

The whole Super Saiyan thing is totally a Hax because it's a gigantic boost and unfair against a oppenent who was at the same level as the said saiyan before the transformation.

All of these are Hax and

Dragonball Z characters can be outsmarted by simple strategy. Like Krillin beating Gohan through good strategy and experience.

Imagine a team like Naruto and Sasuke. Sasuke using his hypnosis powers to stun the opponent and Naruto charge up a powerful attack to hit the oppenent. With good strategy you win fights in Naruto.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe in DB original series some villains had serious hax like..

Spike the Devil Man or Monster

Carrot

Then on DBZ they had villains like the Ginyu squad had good hax, Dabura, Yakonn, Buu, Babidi etc.

Skrskr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hax resistance is directly related to how much power the person with the hax has in relation to the person they are using it on.

Buu candy beam somewhat resisted by vegito (still turned into candy, but he retained his power level, ability to fly, and consciousness as a piece of candy)

Dabura not being able to resist babidi mind control, but vegeta becoming powerful enough to make his own decisions even with Majin mark.

Hits time skip being unable to affect goku completely when he first brought out ssbkk but after his own power rises being able to use it again on goku.

Future trunks resisting daburas stone spit

those are the only direct instances of hax resistance that come to mind, not that many people in db used hax abilities.

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kratosx64x: you would take the rules of the user as take for example Kumagawa from Medaka Box. Anybody in DBZ with training could wipe Kumagawa out if they hit him. However his Bookmaker and all fiction would work under the rules of his verse which means it would work on stronger beings. However if say you took Hit and placed him in the Coiling Dragon verse and put him against Linley then Hit's time stop wouldn't work against Linley. Basically the user's verse takes precedent unless the series are similar in rules.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Some of them do.

Avatar image for gentlemantophat
    GentlemanTopHat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

people highball DB characters so much on here but I don't remember if they have any feats against high-level hax. people just assume they'd power though it I guess

Goku tanked the Devilmite Beam which is a hax that usually one shots people

kalder_ridley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kalder_ridley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kratosx64x: you take the rules of the verse the user of the hax comes from.

Marc_55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Marc_55
    ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ssj_god

Most of the times.. the power difference between a dbz character, and a hst character is so great .. that even hax can't bridge the gap .. for instance .. if people put kaguya against a ssb goku .. the power difference is sooo great.. that hax won't even matter .. it's just like.. how way lower power tier than ssj god just screamed and brough down dimension walls and broke through it, just like that, it'll end in an instant if goku goes for it.

ThanosPimphand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Even zeno has 0 feat against hax, he would die to genjutsu

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalder_ridley said:

i swear people don't actually remember the original dragonball anime.

goku was not affected by the devilmite beam because he is pure hearted and the devilmite beam magnifies any evil in your heart.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MainJP

@gentlemantophat said:
    @kalder_ridley said:

He tanked it due to not having any evil in his heart.

^ninja'd

BOLTOK100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

See that's my issue with hax specifically from Naruto to Dbz or DBS some nub Genin so long as he has genjutsu can theoretically 1v1 Zeno a casual universe buster who plays Marbles with planets.

With Dragon ball enough power > hax its always been that way, hell just recently Kale broke through and shattered 2 separate dimensions created by another fighter simply by powering up. Hax takes a back seat to power ups in their verse.

An when 2 universe's collide you need to take into account all traits.

GentlemanTopHat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dose Fusion Reborn Gogeta count in the movie Janemba's power was warping the fabric of reality but Gogeta wasn't effected at all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Even zeno has 0 feat against hax, he would die to genjutsu

Are you serious?

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By kyrees

Dose Fusion Reborn Gogeta count in the movie Janemba's power was warping the fabric of reality but Gogeta wasn't effected at all.

neither was pikkon.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

genjutsu gg

BOLTOK100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With Dragon ball enough power > hax its always been that way

Unless it's a type of fate or reality manipulation hax

BOLTOK100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevs06: which we have only seen in Super by literal gods unless I missed something, an even then both Frieza and Base Goku resisted being erased by a Haki based ability from raw power so again power>>hax.

So far the only one to ignore this rule is Zeno to a degree because his power is unknown other then him actively erasing and entire universe all it's Kai's and it's God of Destruction which also confirms his 6 other universe busting feat.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boltok100:

@gxrevs06 said:
    @boltok100 said:

With Dragon ball enough power > hax its always been that way

Unless it's a type of fate or reality manipulation hax

Is there a dragonball character with "Karma" manipulation? Who?

BOLTOK100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekillerklok: I mean do you consider removing who became one with the universe and also got removed permantly from a timeline count has fate manipulation?

Need a slightly more specific definition sorry

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By GXrevs06

@boltok100 said:

@gxrevs06: which we have only seen in Super by literal gods unless I missed something, an even then both Frieza and Base Goku resisted being erased by a Haki based ability from raw power so again power>>hax.

So far the only one to ignore this rule is Zeno to a degree because his power is unknown other then him actively erasing and entire universe all it's Kai's and it's God of Destruction which also confirms his 6 other universe busting feat.

You can't just say PL>hax. There are many different types of hax. Some abilities more hax than the others. No DBZ character has shown to be able to overpower Fate Manipulation or conceptual hax. Goku would not be able to survive something on the level of Gai Bolg, which reverses the very principle of "cause and effect"

BOLTOK100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BOLTOK100

@gxrevs06: look he resisted being erased from existence in his base form, a feat just moments before was done by a much stronger Golden Frieza. Haki based attacks don't kill you they remove your existence entirely that is much strong then Gai Bolg.

Unless you wanna show me Gai Bolg being multi universal or Universal in power? Because so far we have seen multiple applications of Gods of Destruction Haki abilities at this point.

Also freaking auto correct jesus

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekillerklok: I mean do you consider removing who became one with the universe and also got removed permantly from a timeline count has fate manipulation?

Need a slightly more specific definition sorry

Eh, something like this.

“It’s not a thread, it’s a fishing line, the same type you would use to go fishing!!” Meng Hao remained motionless, but was able to clearly see everything happening. After the old earthworm man was completely stabbed through by the hook, he was suddenly wrenched up into the sky.

Suddenly, an archaic voice could be heard from up above, where the fishing line originated from. In a leisurely tone, it said, “So, it turns out there are Cultivators in the Western Desert who practice Occult Karma Magic. Turned your body into bait, huh? I guess I can use you to go fishing. Maybe I can snag a big fish from the Western Desert. Since you’re fish bait now, you have no need for Karma.”

As the voice echoed out, Meng Hao was astonished to find that he could suddenly see threads attached to the bodies of everyone present. They were faint, indistinct and flickering, and seemed to contain fate itself. If you looked closely, all of the threads seemed to be connected to each other.

Regardless of neo-demon or Cultivator, even the mountains and rivers, all things in the world, were filled with vast quantities of these threads. They spread out, connected together, even to the earthworm man up in the air. Everything and everyone was connected together into something like an enormous, living web.

Anything seen or remembered caused a merging of Karma strings, connecting everything.

“Henceforth, let your Karma be extinguished,” said the ancient voice in the sky. Suddenly, Meng Hao could see that the threads attached to the earthworm up in the sky were suddenly beginning to collapse and be destroyed!

As these threads of fate were being eliminated, it caused a huge chain reaction. All of the other threads connected to everything else—mountains, rivers, the land, the neo-demons, the Cultivators—began to tremble.

Even more shocking to Meng Hao was that the surrounding Cultivators were all trembling, and their faces were pale. The threads attached from them to the earthworm began to shatter into pieces. It wasn’t all the threads attached to everything; rather, any connection or memory they had regarding the existence of the old earthworm man, was collapsing.

Now it seemed as if the balance of Karma had been disturbed. By forcibly erasing the Karma that had been sown, it affected the rest of Karma in all creation.

It was at this moment that Meng Hao’s mind began to tremble; he had just noticed that the threads attached to his own body were trembling and seemed to be on the verge of collapsing. An unspeakable power seemed to be spreading out through the world. It seemed any vestige or memory of the old earthworm man was being completely wiped out.

BOLTOK100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BOLTOK100

@thekillerklok: https://youtu.be/8vI8mx9Od58

This was done casually by Zeno although again he is the very top being but prior to that this happened https://youtu.be/UmCni81ULh

Also note Goku in his base form resisted this as well just not as effectively because God ki/form are much stronger.

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By GXrevs06

@boltok100 said:

@gxrevs06: look he resisted being erased from existence in his base form, a feat just moments before was done by a much stronger Golden Frieza. Haki based attacks don't kill you they remove your existence entirely that is much strong then Gai Bolg.

Unless you wanna show me Gai Bolg being multi universal or Universal in power? Because so far we have seen multiple applications of Gods of Destruction Haki abilities at this point.

Also freaking auto correct jesus

That's kind of the point. It doesn't need to be universal in power as it works on a "conceptual" ability. It's a cursed spear that can manipulate causality. It alters things so that the "cause" comes after the "effect". The effect being "lance pieces the heart". It's impossible to stop because the "the heart" has already been pierced before the spear is even thrown.

No Caption Provided

Not even time reversal can stop it

Loading Video...
    Loading Video...

The only way to stop is by either staying out it's range(10 meters), stopping Lancer before calling it's name or by having really high luck. Obviously, Lancer would get speed blitzed by most DB characters anyway before can use it but that is not the point.

BOLTOK100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BOLTOK100

@gxrevs06: straight from the page you sent me to it stated High luck or divine protection could stop this.

Which translates to God Ki or the Gods/angels of DBZ so yes it can be ignored Via divinity unless you wanna argue semantics and say Gods of Destruction or Dragon ball super gods are not divine.

The only way to effectively defend against the attack is to have a high enough degree of luck or divine protection as to be able to alter fate, an auto-resurrection ability, a shield that overwhelms the magical energy of the lance, or, as a countermeasure of knowing it will strike the heart, by following Archer's strategy of quickly backing out of the attack's range before it is initialized, unless Lancer is killed or the spear is destroyed, those who are cursed will bear the wound until they die

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By GXrevs06

@boltok100 said:

@gxrevs06: straight from the page you sent me to it stated High luck or divine protection could stop this.

Which translates to God Ki or the Gods/angels of DBZ so yes it can be ignored Via divinity unless you wanna argue semantics and say Gods of Destruction or Dragon ball super gods are not divine.

Nope. Gae Bolg can still kill Berserker, who is Rank-A in divinity. Also, Goku himself isn't a godly being.

Yes, I know Lancer himself can't beat any DBZ characters. He's too slow and would get blitzed. I am talking about Gae Bolg itself and disputing that PL automatically>hax.

BOLTOK100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevs06: that still doesn't account for his God form SSB which gives him God ki nor does that ignore the 12 universal gods their respective angels Zeno or the Grandpriest.

Don't cherry pick my argument and ignore the rest also Hercules is by far much weaker then anyone that matters in current Dragon Ball Super. An only lived due to his ability granting him 1 death per trial he went through during his lifetime/stories.

Also A-rank means piss all since that's in universe only and wouldn't translate at all into DBS in the slightest nor that any servant could react let alone survive attacks from DBS characters

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By GXrevs06

@boltok100 said:

@gxrevs06: that still doesn't account for his God form SSB which gives him God ki nor does that ignore the 12 universal gods their respective angels Zeno or the Grandpriest.

Don't cherry pick my argument and ignore the rest also Hercules is by far much weaker then anyone that matters in current Dragon Ball Super. An only lived due to his ability granting him 1 death per trial he went through during his lifetime/stories.

Also A-rank means piss all since that's in universe only and wouldn't translate at all into DBS in the slightest nor that any servant could react let alone survive attacks from DBS characters

I am not cherry picking anything. I mentioned the bit about A-rank divinity to illustrate that Hercules has high divinity. Again, Goku is not a god.

God Ki wouldn't save him. Here is the official entry trnalsted form fate/complete material III. Mentions nothing of divine protection

Noble Phantasm

Gáe Bolg: Spear of Piercing Barbed Death

Type: Anti-Unit

Range: 2~4

Maximum targets: 1

While this is a technique employing Gáe Bolg as a melee attack, it is originally a magic spear for throwing. With a technique that reverses the meaning of "cause and effect" in the order of things, the "result" that "the heart of the opponent has been pierced" is created earlier than the moment it is thrust. Accordingly, the "cause" that "the lance has pierced through the heart" is generated from it later. Without a great deal of luck (like Artoria), it can be said that this is a technique that determines "if it is released, the opponent is dead." However, against Servants like Heracles who can move even when their heart is destroyed, there is a small disadvantage. Compared to the Spear of Striking Death Flight, both the range of effectiveness and the destructive power are weakened. However, it is worth mentioning that "the magical energy cost is low." For having such a strong effect as "almost certainly will destroy the enemy's heart," without the need of a terrible amount of magical power, it becomes an excellent Noble Phantasm of extraordinary usability.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could they resist the whims of a member of the Q Continuum?

GentlemanTopHat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could they resist the whims of a member of the Q Continuum?

No The Q are nigh omnipotent reality warpers maybe Zeno could

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seagod: That is such a big problem for me and always will be. Is that a rule or is it just the way it always is in CV? Because that will mostly remove all hax resistances as soon as the fight starts. And that is why some Naruto fans think that Kaguya, Itachi and Madara can solo DBZ and DBS with ease.

BOLTOK100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kratosx64x: see my above posts they ignored existence erasing via Ki/power alone

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.