• 68 results
#51 Posted by ourmanuel (6307 posts) - - Show Bio

The fact that Hope can accept the fact that Naruto couldn't react to it but Kakashi could is by all means lolworthy as well.

Hope, swallow that white stuff from Kakashi in your mouth already. Naruto is waiting for his turn.

Lol wut?

@hope_w said:

@noone1996: and Kamui is specifically a tear in space/time, stop repeating your self. How does it equate to a teleporting beam?

So in other words if a soul based attack hit superman it doesn't work even though he's shown no feats against it? So an attacks mechanics are null and void cause 'too durable' that logic is kindergartenish.

yeah I was gonna post something Along these lines. Kakashi’s teleportation isn’t your usual type, it’s more akin to a hole in space/portal.

to say tony can resist his teleportation is to say tony can resist...being forced against his will into a portal?

#52 Edited by TheOriginalOne (3597 posts) - - Show Bio

Slobbing on your nuts? Good sir, How will I do that when you are getting clobbered by Naruto, Kakashi and Sasuke..... There is no space to get in.....

Also, how am I not digesting canon? You seem to forget that Sakura dodging those hands are canon as well. You seem to forget Kakashi and Obtio reacting to Ash bone are canon as well. You seem to forget Sakura tagging Kaguya by somehow getting into her blindfold without Kaguya noticing is canon as well.

If you couldn't already tell, and I am sure someone like you can't, something can be canon BUT PIS.

#53 Edited by TheOriginalOne (3597 posts) - - Show Bio

@ourmanuel: You know what I mean... It is not like he hasn't done it to others. Just giving him a taste of his own medicine.

#54 Posted by ourmanuel (6307 posts) - - Show Bio

@ourmanuel: You know what I mean... It is not like he hasn't done it to others. Just giving him a taste of his own medicine.

I’m not gonna take part in any of this, I can already hear juiceboks’s footseteps.

#55 Edited by Hope_w (2049 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea, I'm done with the conversation at this point. You seem to be having too much fun with that but it's cool I don't judge.

#56 Edited by Noone1996 (10420 posts) - - Show Bio

@hope_w: He says that teleportation does not work on his armor unless he's being sent with his armor altogether. Tony says that. He built countermeasures against these types of things into his armor. The teleportation beam itself doesn't really matter because he only ultimately had teleportation countermeasures in mind. It's not like he only added alien teleportation beam energy defenses into the suit. Nitpicking the type of teleportation type isn't relevant.

In other words, if 616 Odin had no resistance to soul manipulation attacks then I guess even Voldemort could one shot him. Totally not a no limits fallacy at all.

Avatar image for breaking_brads_void
#57 Posted by Breaking_Brads_Void (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

The hell are guys like Mangog, Destroyer, Darkseid, and Thanos even doing here?

He stops at 6.

#58 Edited by Hope_w (2049 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996 said:

@hope_w: He says that teleportation does not work on his armor unless he's being sent with his armor altogether. Tony says that. He built countermeasures against these types of things into his armor. The teleportation beam itself doesn't really matter because he only ultimately had teleportation countermeasures in mind. It's not like he only added alien teleportation beam energy defenses into the suit. Nitpicking the type of teleportation type isn't relevant.

It's two blatantly different mechanics as Kamui isn't even primarily teleportation, just because something has one thing in common does not mean they suddenly are one in the same. Show me Tony just being flat out immune. If Kakashi Kamui's part of Tony it theoretically doesn't even exist in that reality anymore.

In other words, if 616 Odin had no resistance to soul manipulation attacks then I guess even Voldemort could one shot him. Totally not a no limits fallacy at all.

No because Odin is an immortal skyfather and gets scaling from weaker gods like Thor on that subject. Is your only defense for the argument presented 'It'd work on Odin bro!' Essientially?

It's pretty clear cut, if you don't have Spacial warping capabilities above Kakashi's or have resistance to Kamui it works. Does an attack that rearranges molecules suddenly stop rearranging molecules because 'too durable'? Once again that argument is utterly satirical.

#59 Posted by Noone1996 (10420 posts) - - Show Bio

@hope_w:

Describe kamui to me then if it isn't just simple teleportation through space/time. If you argue that it's like a more complex black hole then a high enough resistance or durability can lead to a character tanking it. A fast enough character can also outspeed it if that's the case too. If not, I see no reason to assume that Tony's generalized statement about teleportation wouldn't protect him. Your argument is basically, "a beam of teleportation energy which originated from tech isn't the same as kamui", but you could make that nitpicky stance about ANY teleportation. Would that feat prevent Nightcrawler's teleportation from teleporting off his helmet or teleporting inside his suit since it's slightly different teleportation? If you're going to be THAT specific and precise about asking non-Narutoverse characters to show resistance to a kamui style attack, then you'll never find a single instance outside of that verse that precisely matches it. You'll always just say "it isn't similar enough" even though it never will be. It's like when Naruto fanatics argue that resistance/immunity to hypnosis, empathy, telepathy, or any other mind/mental control isn't similar enough to genjutsu. It's absurd. It's like the meme from that one banned user asking for "neck feats".

The Odin thing is only my argument when people use elementary school level logic for no-limit fallacies. If Thor or other lower/weaker gods didn't have soul manipulation resistance feats for Odin to scale down from, then essentially Odin can get one-shotted by an avodacadavra. That's silly. This even applies here with kamui. If Odin, or lower gods/characters to scale down from, have never resisted something like kamui then would that work on Odin too? The question about Odin and no-limit fallacies are always laughed at, but it's never outright answered. It's because of a fear of being discredited and laughed at.

#60 Posted by Voidwatcher (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Kakashi's kamui can probably bfr a lot of them but if sniping is all we are talking about then it just depends on the amount of chakra he has

#61 Posted by Voidwatcher (8 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: you are absolutely correct it is like a miniature blackhole so high enough tanking like ds or thanos or even Thor hell even iron Man if he is allowed speed away can escape it. But because they just all have to stand there and take it he can't

#62 Posted by Streak619 (6842 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 8 from what I know.

#63 Posted by TheOriginalOne (3597 posts) - - Show Bio
#64 Posted by Streak619 (6842 posts) - - Show Bio
#65 Edited by TheOriginalOne (3597 posts) - - Show Bio

@streak619:

Survived having everything cut into pieces.

No Caption Provided

This scan shows that even with his body cut into pieces, he still has control over everything.

No Caption Provided

Came back from having his hypothalamus destroyed meaning he regened that as well

No Caption Provided

Already reged from this where he had to regrow a heart and part of his spine in a few seconds

No Caption Provided

Also regened from this where he was nothing but bones. And this was after he was exposed to his weakness - UV radiation:

No Caption Provided

Heck, even fodder trash like Carnage can regrow its head, hulk has on panel better and faster regen feats.

#66 Posted by Streak619 (6842 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow.

#67 Edited by ourmanuel (6307 posts) - - Show Bio

DMS solos all of fiction and non-fiction with FTL attack speeds and reactions

#68 Posted by Hope_w (2049 posts) - - Show Bio

@hope_w:

Describe kamui to me then if it isn't just simple teleportation through space/time. If you argue that it's like a more complex black hole then a high enough resistance or durability can lead to a character tanking it. A fast enough character can also outspeed it if that's the case too.

It's litterally Kakashi opening a gateway to another dimension (via tearing space/time) on you therefore it ignores durability. It has been escaped by Minato via FTG, I see no reason why someone couldn't teleport out of its effects if they are fast enough however the problem comes in at Kakashi simply has to look at you to do this.

If not, I see no reason to assume that Tony's generalized statement about teleportation wouldn't protect him. Your argument is basically, "a beam of teleportation energy which originated from tech isn't the same as kamui", but you could make that nitpicky stance about ANY teleportation. Would that feat prevent Nightcrawler's teleportation from teleporting off his helmet or teleporting inside his suit since it's slightly different teleportation?

Because nightcrawler teleporting limbs is absolutely silly when on most occasions he struggles to know where he's going to teleport. I'm not sure on the mechanics of his teleportation tbh so I can't speak too much on it however I'm for certain that a beam that pulls you to a specific place isn't the same as tearing a hole in reality on someone.

If you're going to be THAT specific and precise about asking non-Narutoverse characters to show resistance to a kamui style attack, then you'll never find a single instance outside of that verse that precisely matches it. You'll always just say "it isn't similar enough" even though it never will be. It's like when Naruto fanatics argue that resistance/immunity to hypnosis, empathy, telepathy, or any other mind/mental control isn't similar enough to genjutsu. It's absurd. It's like the meme from that one banned user asking for "neck feats".

Never implicated any of this so idk where you're going with this, TP is equal to genjutsu it being labled any different is silly. There are more potent variants of telepathy as well that can do practically everything Genjutsu can including kill. That's the only thing I could see that a debate would be over the potency of the telepathic attack but inequating the two is in itself impossible.

I just flat out stated versions of Jugs has eaten something as Identical to a Kamui snipe as you're going to get. It won't necessarily kill some people here but it does indeed work on them.

The Odin thing is only my argument when people use elementary school level logic for no-limit fallacies. If Thor or other lower/weaker gods didn't have soul manipulation resistance feats for Odin to scale down from, then essentially Odin can get one-shotted by an avodacadavra. That's silly. This even applies here with kamui. If Odin, or lower gods/characters to scale down from, have never resisted something like kamui then would that work on Odin too? The question about Odin and no-limit fallacies are always laughed at, but it's never outright answered. It's because of a fear of being discredited and laughed at.

I get what you're saying but this can't even logically be applied to my argument as it's not really a NLF. I just don't believe that example with Tony works well.

Also helps Odin has legit spacial warping feats like moving asgard across realms.....