Different Sith Lords replace Palpatine for the Mace Windu and Company Fight

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

Imagine that Mace and his pals walk into the Chancellor's office to confront him, but find a different Sith Lord waiting for them.

Round 1: Darth Plagueis

No Caption Provided

Round 2: Darth Krayt

No Caption Provided

Round 3: Anakin already turned to the Dark Side (assume Knightfall levels)

No Caption Provided

Round 4: Sarasu Taalon (Amped by Pool of Knowledge)

No Caption Provided

Bonus Round: Lord Nyax in the conditions he fought NJO Luke under

No Caption Provided

ILS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think they can take Plagueis. Taalon has plenty of raw power but his control over it is terrible. His body was falling apart and Ben Skywalker was able to hold him off solo for much of the time Luke fought Abeloth. Taalon starts to get stronger when he... suckles from Abeloth's tentacle... but before we get to see him do anything he gets stabbed. I don't think he has the control or skill needed to fight a team like this.

They should lose to the rest.

Jirou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 1

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They probably lose the first three rounds. Mace's performance against Palpatine was contingent on the unimaginable revelation that the man who'd appeared to be the heart and soul of the Republic, in whom Mace had confided his hope and trusted implicitly, turned out to be the architect behind the most calamitous string of tragedies, both personal and galaxy-spanning, in the last millennium; that during all the years in which Palpatine had known Mace and outwardly acted in friendship, he had in fact in secret been zealously masterminding the ruination of everything Mace believed in and loved. It was this revelation that gave Mace the incentive to "cut loose" and forgo all Jedi restraint, letting his inner darkness flow freely in order to submerge himself in Vaapad to a degree he had never done before in his life.

I don't think that, upon seeing an entirely different Sith Lord before him, he would be in the same mindset as he was then. Additionally, to match Sidious blow-for-blow, he first needed to feed on the Chancellor's own dark emotions in order to fashion a superconducting loop where their power passed back and forth, resulting in their Force auras getting tangled and Mace no longer existing as a wholly independent being. Without those circumstances, he cannot rival any of the Sith who are in Sidious's class, and obviously the B-team would not be of much help against such overwhelming opposition.

I can't comment on Taalon or Nyax.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ils: Interesting take. When I did Taalon Vs. Nyax, everyone gave it to the former on account of his fighting an even better version of Luke.

ILS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: That's mainly because none of them read the books Taalon and Nyax were in.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Famousroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unknown for Plagueis, but rest are almost assured to win I believe.

Quarsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stop at Krayt