Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wut
No Caption Provided

Instead of the original heroes [we are including the expansion in this], they will be replaced with:

• Barbarian - Sigmar [Warhammer]
  • Paladin - Uther the Lightbringer [Warcraft]
  • Amazon - Kitai [Codex Alera]
  • Sorceress - Yennefer [Witcher]
  • Necromancer - Dorian [Dragon Age]*
  • Assassin - Styx [Master of Shadows]*
  • Druid - Elanee [Neverwinter Nights 2]*

* I was desperate for people to fill these three rolls. So... deal with it.

The team, just like the original band of heroes from Diablo 2, will go through the entire story-line fighting hordes of demons and corrupted mortals, face the Lesser Evils of Andariel and Duriel and the Prime Evils of Mephisto, Diablo and Baal traveling across the lands, into hell to destroy the soulstones, to the Barbarian lands to break the siege and save the Worldstone. They will be given an understanding of the world, lore, languages and whatever else is needed for them to navigate the world as easily as the original band of heroes did. There is no reincarnation or 'coming back', so anyone that dies in Act 1 stays dead. They are free to make use of items in the diablo universe. They are all in-character, are willing to work with one another and are determined to see this through [either because they believe they will get some kind of bonus/power/whatever they need to help their own causes back home or just the ability to go home] to the end.

Scenario 1: Each person does not get their personal gear or items, they start with the same equipment the original heroes did and must buy/scavenge/whatever for superior gear as time goes on.

Scenario 2: Each person has their standard equipment from their universe, but, is free to replace/trade/whatever new gear they find.

So, how far does the team get? Do they win and defeat the evils? Do they fail? Who dies first? Who contributes the most? Who contributes the least? Etc, etc.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cant answer this tbh. I hated and will always hate diablo. But hey i at least answered your thread!

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: That is a weird thing to hate. Just have a thing against the entire genre or something?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Yeah, not sure why. I gave it a try a LONG time ago, but was instantly triggered by it, so never touched it since, same thing with borderlands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Also for the assassin stuff, I'm surprised you picked assassin's creed character broski, I thought you for sure would of picked like Talion haha

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No starting gear.

Act three would be bad for the team.

Diablo probably cleans up.

Gear probably doesn't help much other then staving away early deaths.

Ezio is useless.

Sigmar/uther MVPS.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: Wouldn't say Talion is an assassin, also wanted 'humans'. The spirit of an ancient noldor (totally assuming it's an noldor elf) is a deal breaker.

How did Diablo 2 trigger you? O.o Was it Diablo 2 or 1/3? Cause 1 is that girl that is waaaay prettier in memory then in reality, three is that cheap hook-up you forget you even played while two.... Two was special.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Fair enough fair enough, I didnt think about it like that way XD

All of them, the only one I wasn't so triggered was Diablo III

Idk, it just did, like I said borderlands triggered me as well and that game was good according to a lot of people. Just the sheer sight of it triggers me slightly lol

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FullMetalEmprah

I don't think Ezio really has the stats to keep up with a lot of the stuff they'll face honestly. Uther and Sigmar would compliment each other very well though and that alone should get them pretty far, at least to Act IV in my opinion or Mephisto.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekillerklok: To be fair give Ezio the apple and he's up there with the team. XD

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Always wondered how impressive Diablo is. What are some of his best showings?

Btw this is me trying to wank HotS Genji/D.va.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration: Off the top of my head:

A repressed Diablo who is being imprisoned inside someone could still raise demons, undead and command fire [He also wiped out Tristram while in this form]:

Loading Video...

Baal yelling is enough to bring a mortal immense pain and causing some poor herald to explode:

Loading Video...

Baal can also cause things to spontaneously catch on fire [as well as disguise himself]:

Loading Video...

Azmodan was strong enough to casually knock down a large wall [Keep in mind that, as a Lesser Evil like the first two I mentioned in the OP, he is weaker then the three Primes]

Loading Video...

And, of course, this:

Loading Video...

Imperius, the dude that fights Diablo, is the strongest of the Archangels, and Diablo had no issue going toe to toe with him.

In raw power, Diablo is the strongest of the three, IIRC. Not really going deep into gameplay abilities cause... gameplay.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Wasn't the Azmodan scene a dream sequence or a vision Leah had?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonnate: Possible? I don't remember. Haven't played Diablo 3 in.... a long time. [Seeing as how he was speaking to Diablo in her about not being tricked into being sucked into the soulstone with the other Evils, could have been him speaking to her through said dreams].

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Erm. What versions for everyone? AoS Sigmar? He solos. :)

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@merulezall: Lol Mortal Sigmar. Not Ascended. Not AoS.

AotD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i`m not clearly understanding what`s this supposed to be: if original heroes starting as noob`s beating the threat why replacement characters with all their feats and backgrounds shouldn`t be able to do it?

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By the_wspanialy

@wut: Awesome thread. Can't really add anything to discussion since I don't know anything about Warhammer or Codex Alera, but the idea itself is very cool.

Ezio is out of his league though. Why not replace him with Artemis Entreri from Legend of Drizzt?

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@merulezall: Lol Mortal Sigmar. Not Ascended. Not AoS.

Nooo you made this harder than it needed to be! Haha

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, @wut I'll break this down character by character.

Barbarian: Sigmar. Likely the most skilled person here, and if we take him from his life after he's united the Empire, he'll have things like dwarf forged plate armor and so on. Ghal Maraz is also no joke, it bonks things real good. However. He has an annoying habit of either losing his armor in battle or intentionally removing it to fight bare chested. That in combination with his state as a mere mortal and zero magical defenses, isn't going to mix well with the various sorcerers and ranged opponents he'll be bumping up against. Plus, compared to the Barbarians of Sanctuary, he's a wimp in terms of physical stats. The whole 'strike the enemy with enough force to split the ground' thing that some of their abilities and talents do in game? Is a canon representation of lore Barbarians actual physical abilities, noted in various fluff and lore texts in Diablo 2 ad 3. Ghal Maraz enhancing his striking power will certainly help a lot, but he just isn't on the Barbs level in terms of all around physical ability. Those two are probably going to balance themselves out with help from his team mates though. All in all, he should be able to fill the Barbarians shoes well enough provided he doesn't get ganked by a spell or an arrow when he does his manly man bare chest warrior thing.

Paladin: Uther the Lightbringer. Yes. That's all I really have to say honestly. He does everything the D2 Paladin did, with some variations. Better healing, via active use of the Light. Able to generate nigh impenetrable shields and protection. Able to harm undead and demonic beings simply by being near them. In his fight with Arthas he was radiating Holy Light from his body and damaging undead just from them being there. Not to mention what he's capable of when he actually uses the Light to actively attack an unholy opponent. He's a veteran of the Second War and was active in hunting down Horde remnants in the years following the wars end. He's an experienced knight, having been trained from a young age. Being a knight, and leader of the Silver Hand, he's got access to some of the best gear a human can get their hands on, full plate at the least, likely blessed and sanctified too, the hammer definitely is. He's got years of experience fighting opponents physically superior to him so the stronger demons aren't going to be to surprising with their stats. Not to mention the fact that he's got the strength to swing that massive hammer around as if it as a toy, he's no slouch in terms of stats himself. All around solid pick. He's going to do just fine.

Amazon: Hhhhhmmmmm. Interesting pick. Kitai is.....weird. Her Furycrafting gives her a definite edge over the D2 Amazon. But her issue is that she lacks any active sentient Furies, at least from what I remember. So....eh? She's better than the D2 Amazon but I just can't think of something specific she brings beyond massively superior stats, oh, and flight, useful for scouting but given the amount of demons and monsters that can fly, she's not going to want to stay up there for long in a battle, she's likely to get surrounded and picked apart due to not having much in the way of support. Then again it's been a while since I've read Codex Alera so I'm likely forgetting some stuff.

Sorceress: Ah, Yen. She lacks the raw killing power of the D2 sorceress, but she makes up for it in other ways. Teleportation is massively useful, plus being able to generate barriers is always good. Her lack of armor could very well get her killed though if she's not careful. She should fill the role nicely, just in a slightly different way than the D2 Sorceress would. Teleporting allies, or herself, who are in trouble out of that trouble is damned handy. Plus she has respectable magic oomph of her own. She'll be ok, provided she works closely with her allies and gets to trusting them in a hurry, which might be hard for her with her personality.

Necromancer: I.............I genuinely can't think of a single useful thing Dorian brings to the table. Like.....none....at all. He's pretty killy, as a mage, but imo, Dragon Age mages aren't the up to par with even high end Witcher spell casters like Yen, and he's definitely not up to par with the hero he's replacing. D2 Necromancer had utility and summoned armies of undead out the wazoo. Which Dorian doesn't have. He's a weaker Yen with pretty much none of her utility or support ability. I guess he has better looks than the D2 Necromancer? He's got that going for him at least. Oh! And, like all DA mages, he runs the risk of Demonic Possession every second of every day. Which is only going to be much, much, worse on Sanctuary, where demons aren't nearly as restricted as they are in DA.

Assassin: Ezio. He's got decent physical ability, for a human, decent skill, decent gear. But he's got nothing else. He's got no superhuman ability beyond being better than a normal human at being killy. He'll do alright at the start of the adventure but as the opponents get more and more inhuman and varied, he's going to become more and more useless. Hell, he might be useless as early as Andariel. Giant magical spider demigoddess is just a bit above his usual target. Likely dies late in Act 1 or some time in Act 2, unless he sticks to one of his more capable allies like glue.

Druid: Elanee. I've never finished Neverwinter Nights 2, so I've never got to see her at her best but.....unless she becomes capable of changing the weather and calling down storms at will, she's not up the the D2 Druid standard, other than that I don't know enough about her to make a call.

So, recap. Sigmar, Uther, Kitai, and Yen carry the group. The others are likely to die in various horrible ways at some point, Demonic possession or just straight up getting regular killed. Not entirely sure if they clear the story. They likely do, but everyone is also likely to get some new scars, both physical and mental ones.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Wut

@paragonnate: IIRC, in Codex Alera, not everyone had personal furies, that was a southern [or it was just the region Tavi was from, can't recall which] thing. Keeping a personal fury and giving it a name was a cultural thing, not something you had to do for more power [Outside of like.. Alera, herself].

I'ma be straight, Ezio is here because I couldn't think of another heroic assassin that wasn't from a universe I had already used and Dorian is here because its hard as balls to find a heroic necromancer that isn't too strong.

For Elanee, in Mask of the Betrayer, you start at level 18 [regardless of the level 20 level cap in NwN2] so I say assuming level 18 was where they were in lore makes the most sense. So a level 18 druid is fully capable of creating lightning, and fire, storms, summoning multiple elementals, healing and the big one is probably Storm of Vengeance which calls down lightning bolt,s like lightning storm, but also makes it rain acid. So, she'd be pretty potent, overall.

:D thanks for the good answer also.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c607e387a408
deactivated-5c607e387a408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gonna have to replace Ezio. He is physically outmatched and also has no feats to resist the corruption that Diablo is known to try. I don't alot of characters who could fill the spot... Geralt maybe? Talion, maybe the chosen undead... IDK

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Wut

@symbiosis89: Talion is not an assassin. Geralt is not an assassin. I'm not doing, 'Replace with super cool protagonist #242'. I want people that fit the archetype.

So, if you have an assassin from a universe I have not used already [I tried to get people from multiple universe, Yennefer means no one else from the Witcherverse is allowed. I could have easily filled the roster out with people from WC or WHF if that was my intention] that is an actual assassin, then you are welcome to submit it. But its damn hard to find a protagonist assassin that fits... which is why Ezio is here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c607e387a408
deactivated-5c607e387a408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Corvo, Kitana (is an assassin), Zero or Mordecai from borderlands, Agent 47, Thane Krios, Solid Snake. I think Corvo would be an interesting choice IDK

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@symbiosis89: If you couldn't tell from the initial people, I wanted certain time-periods... Medieval Fantasy [or even just Medieval]. For obvious reasons, those don't work. The closest you've brought that may work is Corvo [I don't like using MK characters because most of the MK debaters are..... interesting... I suppose is the word I'd use], however I don't want to use Corvo due to time manipulation which I don't like putting with people of this tier. Trying to keep the power level at a sweet spot which is why you aren't seeing someone like the Dragonborn here.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By Zetsu-San

@wut: You could always just ban Corvo's time manipulation.

Lady Maria, Eileen the Crow, and the Hunter himself are all pretty assassin-like.

There's Styx, the Master of Shadows. Being a Goblin, his stats are even worse than Ezio's but at least he brings some nifty magic to the table.

Cole, from Dragon Age Inquisition.

The Bard from Bard's Tale is more of a jack of all trades who will do anything if paid, but he might still classify.

FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By FullMetalEmprah

@wut: For the assassin you could use Maiev Shadowsong from Warcraft, she has a blink, knives, shadow strikes and the like. Just a suggestion of course as I think she'd bring more to the team than Ezio would as she's fought demons before.

Edit: My bad, saw you didn't want multiple people from a verse if it was possible. How about the Hunter from Bloodbourne then?

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fullmetalemprah: There's already a Warcraft character on the roster. He wants everyone to be from a different setting.

FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By FullMetalEmprah

@mylittlefascist: Yeah I saw that at the last second lol, I still say the Hunter from Bloodborne would be good if it's not too far out of the timeframe he's looking for, I mean he certainly has the stats for it and the experience.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mylittlefascist: But I hate banning aspects of a character. Feel like the second you do that, you shouldn't have bothered using them in the first place. Bloodborne guy doesn't work because firearms. Eileen the Crow might work because she doesn't use any firearms, but not sure I'd say she is an assassin either. [Honestly, the Assassin, Necromancer and Druid were a pain in the rear to find people for.]

There is already a Dragon Age character here.

Throwing in a goblin could be amusing. Mm, sure, why not, I'll replace Ezio with Styx, although I feel it changes littlein how far or not the group gets.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Zetsu-San

@wut: Eileen is explicitly an Assassin. The entire point of her covenant is to take out other Hunters who seem to be on the verge of becoming beasts.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mylittlefascist: Meh, then you are free to debate as if she was the assassin rather then Styx if you want.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: I barely remember anything from Diablo now that I think about it. xD

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: To be fair, this is a pretty complicated scenario you setup. I don't foresee anyone from Warhammer or Warcraft having any issues adapting to the setting IMO.

Eileen should do pretty well herself, although she's kind of past her prime so if anyone is going to kick the bucket before the story is over, it would probably be her.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: I barely remember anything from Diablo now that I think about it. xD

I laughed harder then I should have.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@paragonnate: IIRC, in Codex Alera, not everyone had personal furies, that was a southern [or it was just the region Tavi was from, can't recall which] thing. Keeping a personal fury and giving it a name was a cultural thing, not something you had to do for more power [Outside of like.. Alera, herself].

I'ma be straight, Ezio is here because I couldn't think of another heroic assassin that wasn't from a universe I had already used and Dorian is here because its hard as balls to find a heroic necromancer that isn't too strong.

For Elanee, in Mask of the Betrayer, you start at level 18 [regardless of the level 20 level cap in NwN2] so I say assuming level 18 was where they were in lore makes the most sense. So a level 18 druid is fully capable of creating lightning, and fire, storms, summoning multiple elementals, healing and the big one is probably Storm of Vengeance which calls down lightning bolt,s like lightning storm, but also makes it rain acid. So, she'd be pretty potent, overall.

:D thanks for the good answer also.

I think the further out in the country you went, and the closer to the Freeholds you got, the more and more people you'd bump into would name their Furies. There's a debate about whether or not individual furies are actually individual entities, or whether or not the humans are just assigning sentient to them, like pets. But the fact that individual furies exist, and they attach themselves to individual people, isn't really up for debate. It just seems like Tavi, and by extension Kitai, never actually got any individual furies to attach themselves to him, and he just sort of grabs random furies from around him to do what needs doing. He's not falling behind in terms of passive abilities metalcrafting or flying because those don't necessarily need an active entity doing the manipulation, since it's all done by the human for the most part. But he is limited in that he can't direct his fury like a.....*sigh* pokemon, to do something for him. Bernard does that a few times I think, his earth fury showed some level of awareness. Tavi/Kitai still have superhuman stats that most furycrafters have, but they aren't nearly as versatile as the people with a deeper connection with their fury. Granted this is all from memory and I could be wrong, but it feels like I'm remembering everything right.

Ezio is kill. No matter which way you look at it. Dorian works, just, doesn't bring anything unique to the group. Also, demon in head.....bad........

She should get along with the group just fine then. Pulling her own weight and everything. Not bad for a knife ear. Although.....yikes her and Dorian might but heads. Which won't end well for him, judging by her power level.

No problem, sorry it took me so long to respond, RL stuff has been kicking my butt lately.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Wut

@paragonnate: Cept people from his home region are the only ones that are shown to have individual furies. If you recall, when trying to light the fire in the.. third novel, that noble lady was actively listening for him to call furies to him to start the fire and got pissed when he did it without her feeling for him. So it seems 'calling them from the wild' is the standard. IIRC, they even remark that having a fury companion who you keep around you all the time and even name is a southern [or from his homeland, whichever] cultural point. Bernard is from the same place as Tavi and his mom. XD So he would do the same. Although, I think he may have changed his mind on that aspect, as I remember the one guy who was the main villain throughout the main series till the last two books was 'binding' a ton of furies to himself that went out of control. Or they all have personal ones and naming them is something only done in Tavi's region... Hmmmm I need to reread those. Edit: mmm thinking on it even more, since part of the bet to write them was on Pokemon, them binding furies to their service does make the most sense and just 'naming' them is something only folk near where Tavi grew up and treating them like friends was a cultural thing did.

Dorian doesn't have a demon in his head... unless I missed something. Think you're thinking of Anders who had that spirit of justice in his mind.

Nah, its all good man. :D It was a great post and well worth teh wait.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Cept people from his home region are the only ones that are shown to have individual furies.

Nah. There were a significant number of people from outside Tavi's home region that did it. There's that spy guy that was the villain of the first book, he named his furies. The girl that Tavi's uncle ended up with also named her fury. IT looks like the higher ups tend not to name their furies, so it could very well be a class thing.

If you recall, when trying to light the fire in the.. third novel, that noble lady was actively listening for him to call furies to him to start the fire and got pissed when he did it without her feeling for him. So it seems 'calling them from the wild' is the standard.

She was listening for his individual furies IIRC. Even then, plenty of people, even powerful nobles, were shown with individual furies that bonded and attached themselves to a specific human in the series. There was that noble friend of Tavi's mom, she had a fire fury that always took the shape of a bird of prey. It was even noted that specific furies could be passed on from parent to child if the fury wanted to. It looks like powerful furycrafters can bend wild furies, that haven't attached themselves to the crafter, to their will when they need more power, but other furycrafters who aren't as strong are stuck with the furies that bonded to them when they were younger.

IIRC, they even remark that having a fury companion who you keep around you all the time and even name is a southern [or from his homeland, whichever] cultural point. Bernard is from the same place as Tavi and his mom. XD So he would do the same.

As I noted above, people from outside Tavi's home territory have named their furies. And while Tavi's home territory is famed as being a wild frontier, I really rather doubt that their culture and trends are nearly that influential. Enough to sway people's opinion of furies from the other side of the country? Doubtful.

Although, I think he may have changed his mind on that aspect, as I remember the one guy who was the main villain throughout the main series till the last two books was 'binding' a ton of furies to himself that went out of control.

That guy was really crazy.

Or they all have personal ones and naming them is something only done in Tavi's region... Hmmmm I need to reread those. Edit: mmm thinking on it even more, since part of the bet to write them was on Pokemon, them binding furies to their service does make the most sense and just 'naming' them is something only folk near where Tavi grew up and treating them like friends was a cultural thing did.

See above.

Dorian doesn't have a demon in his head... unless I missed something. Think you're thinking of Anders who had that spirit of justice in his mind.

Nah, was just saying that Dorian, being a DA mage, has a really high risk of possession on his home world (at least when compared to non mages), there demons aren't nearly as powerful or as free to act as Diablo demons are. He's going to have a much harder time keeping demons out of his head here than he would at home. So....Demon in head bad is merely a general observation when it comes to DA mages.

Nah, its all good man. :D It was a great post and well worth teh wait.

Cool :D

syncroniam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Necromancer clears all of Diablo easily, most powerful class, both in terms of spellpower and control of the environment with the minions, and also great looking in appearance in every title, it is also present everywhere asides from the original one but should be there too if a remaster of that happens as well

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

bumpentity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Wizard or Sorcerer is still the most powerful and best looking class in all of Diablo, he has perfect slim body and elegant long hair, and overwhelming power that destroys everything in its path, no one else compares

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

heigara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By heigara

yeah the sorcerer is the most powerful class by lore, gameplay, on-screen showings and from virtually all trailers, the others stand no chance, its meant to be a magic nuker that blasts everything with overwhelming power

Loading Video...
Loading Video...