Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Spartan101
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Pre 52 dc Despero,no bfr. Fight in nyc. Fallen one,Silver surfer,Terrax,Morg.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None of the Heralds have a strong resistance to TP, IIRC. In which case Despero could take them all on with relative ease.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By frozen  Moderator

Despero is at least a low level Skyfather.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despero shuts their minds down

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

surfer turns him into a statue and terrax and morg cut him to pieces.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By dondave

Despero breaks their minds

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 frozen  Moderator

surfer turns him into a statue and terrax and morg cut him to pieces.

So...how are they going to resist TP? Because Despero has instantly reformed after his molecules scattered apart.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@comic_book_fan: Norrin wouldn't go straight for transmutation in character whereas Despero would most certainly tp them down.

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol comic book fan always says stuff like that. Pffft lol

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 frozen  Moderator

@juiceboks: Even if he did use transumtation, I doubt it would work.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@frozen said:

@juiceboks: Even if he did use transumtation, I doubt it would work.

Probably not. I don't think Surfer's done it to anyone as durable as Despero.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer solos.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@darkraiden said:

Surfer solos.

How did you reach this conclusion? How will Surfer deal with his TP?

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulkman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heralds

TheKing47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheKing47
DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tp feats for the Team please,

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@darkraiden said:

Surfer solos.

Surfer has dealt with TP before and has shown to be invincible in the astral plane due to the power cosmic. He's also fast enough to blitz and powerful enough to put Despero down.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 frozen  Moderator

@frozen said:

@darkraiden said:

Surfer solos.

shown to be invincible in the astral plane due to the power cosmic.

Where is the proof of this? I should ask @killemall too, because you are known to selectively crop scans to match your agenda.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By reaverlation
frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 frozen  Moderator
Lord44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lord44

IIRC Thanos Mindraped Surfer once.. anyway Team can wins this, they have a little bit of resistance to TP and if it's enough to put their hands on Despero, he is f*cked! Team 7-8/10.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despero

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By reaverlation
frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@lord44 said:

IIRC Thanos Mindraped Surfer once.. anyway Team can wins this, they have a little bit of resistance to TP and if it's enough to put their hands on Despero, he is f*cked! Team 7-8/10.

Despero has physically fought the JSA/JLA at the same time and pimp-slapped Superman and Captain Marvel simultaneously, he's shown strong molecular manipulation resistance and his TP is greater than Thanos'. Physically engaging him is not the best idea.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@frozen: Darkraiden is wrong btw

About Surfer soloing, most definitely. About Surfer being immune to TP, it's debatable. Despero has high level TP feats but Surfer has tanked psionic assaults before. It would take at least Manhunter level TP feats to think about breaking down Surfer's TP defence IMO.

@frozen Here are the scans. I used them in my other CAV today. Not cropped and legit I believe. Killemall might be able to offer more clarity on them.

Also

@frozen said:

Despero is at least a low level Skyfather.

This is good news for me then :P

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By dondave

@frozen

he's shown strong molecular manipulation resistance

When?

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Not enough against someone who turned J'onn into a drooling idiot via telepathy

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 frozen  Moderator

@lvenger:

It would take at least Manhunter level TP feats to think about breaking down Surfer's TP defence IMO.

Appreciate the scans. That's good because Martian is far below Pre-52 Despero in TP/Mind Rape.

This is good news for me then :P

Lol, we'll see man, we'll see ;)

@dondave said:

@frozen

he's shown strong molecular manipulation resistance

When?

It was shown in one of Veshark's debates.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31  Edited By Killemall

@frozen said:

Where is the proof of this? I should ask @killemall too, because you are known to selectively crop scans to match your agenda.

Its just based on interpretation, it doesnt say Surfer being invincible on Astral Planet though. If you wanna look for the actual issue its Silver Surfer: In Thy Name.

If you look at what happened, there was this un-named alien creature that drains energy, including Silver Surfer power cosmic. Silver Surfer had to convince the alien creature to actually help him, but at the same time he has to prevent himself from being drain, so he drags him in astral plane.

If you actually evaluate the statement made by Surfer, to the aforementioned un-named alien, the statement sounds much different from saying Surfer is immune to everything on Astral plane, but rather , Astral plane being a source of his energy he cant be drained here.

No Caption Provided

Isnt that more or less what he says

"You could leach me dry with ease out there"

"But this plane is the source of the power cosmic"

"You cant harm me here"

I think people just look at the last statement.

But its upto you to evaluate it however you please.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger That doesn't suggest he's immune to TP, just that his energy can't be drained in the Astral Plane

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Your comment is Hillarious, Despero isn't Low Skyfather level, sure he is an amazing Telepath, but this Despero Hype is funny.

Silver Surfer beats him by himself, he has shown immense TP resistance by himself, not to mention why do people think Despero will win first to TP, especially against Silver Surfer; even if Despero was strong enough to TP Silver Surfer, it would take time breaking down his mental barrier, and by then due to his cosmic awareness, he would know that Despero is trying to beat him telepathically, so he would destroy him anyway he wants to.

Silver Surfer has TP of his own, people forget; however it is not on a level of Despero; Silver Surfer destroys him on the atomic level, speed Blitzes him, vapourizes his liquids etc; IMO he has way more ways of beating him, and Despero only chance would be TP'ing but trying to beat Silver Surfer through TP is an arguement yet to be proven; adding more Heralds, for Despero to try and get through Telepathically means the Heralds stomp, unless there is proof of these Heralds getting beaten Telepathically.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingant27: Despero manhandled the JLA/JSA physically and mentally. Stop wanking Surfer and Marvel characters in general.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despero

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@darkraiden said:

@frozen said:

@darkraiden said:

Surfer solos.

Never have I wasted time to crop a scan. Stop lying. If the scan was cropped that means I found it that way and was misled by it.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Despero

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: he could also drain him of his kinetic energy and he would see what despero was trying and then down him before he could do it surfer sees past present and future all at once he is also a planetary level telepath despero is a good deal stronger but i am sure surfer could stall him for a second or two giving him time to act and surfer terrax and morg are all faster the team wins.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@kingant27: You're telling me Despero is hype but yet you claim Apocalypse of all people, is equal to Martian Manhunter? Sure, okay. Despero has telepathic feats which put him beyond Skyfather, physically the man handled the combined forces of the JLA and JSA at the same time. That, alone at least puts him above Skyfather Marvel Zeus (who himself, is a hype job). Martian himself entered The Spectre's mind (and for the love of god, The Spectre did NOT allow him to as you like to claim) and Despero made Martian look like a joke in the telepathic department. We then have feats of Despero blitzing a Matrix Supergirl, showing formidabble combat speed (especially in comparison to Surfer, who usually has travel speed). Despero himself has instantly reformed after being molecularly destroyed.

From what can be gathered, Surfer's energy cannot be drained on the Astral Plane, yet he can be telepathically affected.

@darkraiden said:

@frozen said:

@darkraiden said:

@frozen said:

@darkraiden said:

Surfer solos.

Never have I wasted time to crop a scan. Stop lying. If the scan was cropped that means I found it that way and was misled by it.

Nonsense, you cropped the Galactus scan to make it look like Thanos beat Galactus, but missed the part where he collided two planets into Galactus.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 frozen  Moderator
Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation: I don't wank Marvel characters, in fact you wank Dc characters; there is usually a difference between Dc comic fans and marvel comic book fans.

Dc fans, usually are more solo Dc fans; whereas people who read Marvel comics also like other comics; I read marvel, Dc and others; so you saying I wank over Marvel characters is funny and immature.

For you to say someone like Despero who is definetly not above Herald level; and his only advantage in this fight is TP is funny; the heralds have way more advantages; and have no evidence that they would easily loose to Despero via TP; your the one wanking.

So Despero manhandled the Justice league, great feat; however Despero doesn't have unlimited strength; the heralds do, so if he wanted to engage in hand to hand with them, he would get manhandled and run back to the Dc universe. He isn't hurting someone like Silver Surfer or Morg etc; definetly cannot destroy them in hand to hand, and what makes you think Despero would get the first hit through TP, why not Silver Surfer as he is much faster, by destroying him in any way he wants; as you usually say speed is the advantage; and in this fight as the heralds possess superior speeds, they would arguably have the first attack, which would eliminate Despero.

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen It wasn't molecular resistance, his atomic structure was ripped apart, he just managed to reform.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Kingant27

@frozen: LOL now you are claiming Despero is above Sky-father via TP; just stop, I recommend you delete that comment; it's like saying Wally West is so much faster than a Sky-father; so he is above Sky-father, stupid arguement.

Why would you think Despero TP gives him the win; by arguement, as he possess in your eyes 'above Sky-father level' abilities; then why does he have trouble with MMH; oh wait now your going to tell me that MMH also possess that ability, going by your statement; they would not have trouble with any Earth character, however feats prove otherwise.

A one word arguement is normally fanboyist and is not a good arguement(e.g. TP, what makes you think he will definetly use TP straight away before getting destroyed on the subatomic level); what if Silver Silver is able to resist his TP, then what; he isn't beating them through physical means.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@kingant27:

Despero doesn't have unlimited strength; the heralds do

He lifted the Rock of Eternity, though generally this can be seen as PIS, the heralds do not have ''unlimited'' strength either. Despero was fighting the JLA and JSA at the same time in JLA/JSA: Virture and Vice. Do you think Silver Surfer could replicate that in 'hand to hand'? It's pretty ridiculous to think he can't hurt Silver Surfer or Morg considering Despero very much is a Thanos level character, and going by feats he is physically above Silver Surfer.

Despero has fought and pinned down much faster characters than himself.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingant27: Awesome! Anything else?

Unlimited strength? What lol? What are you doing? Debating for Jobbercalype? Gimme a break.

Yes an in character Surfer will use his speed when every other showing of Surfer in character has used his speed.That's why characters with no speed to their names like Thor, Hulk, Namor, Thing, Spider-Man, etc. have had no trouble putting him down with their attacks.Surfer doesn't speed blitz at all unless it involves playing pinball with asteroids or ships in space but not against actual characters.I already know what you're going to say when I tell you "Show either or all the heralds being able to resist telepathy on Despero's level when he shut down J'onn hard with telepathy".I'll be waiting.

Not once have you said a DC character stomps a Marvel character but you have not hesitated to say vice versa. Anyone who reads your posts looks at what's obvious

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@kingant27:

LOL now you are claiming Despero is above Sky-father via TP; just stop, I recommend you delete that comment; it's like saying Wally West is so much faster than a Sky-father; so he is above Sky-father, stupid arguement.

One question: why? Martian Manhunter and other telepaths have telepathically affected beings far above Skyfather level. Martian breached Maggedon's defences from light years away, in turn Maggedon mind-raped a planet consisting of Old Gods, each Old God could reality warp, a planet of them are Skyfather and beyond, and considering we have evidence of Martian inaving Spectre's mind or other telepaths doing similar feats, and Despero in turn making these said telepaths (Martian Manhunter) look like a joke, his TP is Skyfather level. He is probably the best telepath in DC canon.

People argue Thanos is a low level Skyfather, to his credit he could be, by the same token Despero has comparable feats in other aspects.

Also, no I am not. I said his TP is above Skyfather level beings, and in turn he is a low level Skyfather all around, not what you're nonsenically trying to claim.

And to quote:

@frozen said:

@kingant27:

Despero doesn't have unlimited strength; the heralds do

He lifted the Rock of Eternity, though generally this can be seen as PIS, the heralds do not have ''unlimited'' strength either. Despero was fighting the JLA and JSA at the same time in JLA/JSA: Virture and Vice. Do you think Silver Surfer could replicate that in 'hand to hand'? It's pretty ridiculous to think he can't hurt Silver Surfer or Morg considering Despero very much is a Thanos level character, and going by feats he is physically above Silver Surfer.

Despero has fought and pinned down much faster characters than himself.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Kingant27

@reaverlation: I am not debating Apocalypse however in every thread Apocalypse is involved in; you lowball him, so seems you don't like the character, quite lowballing him; he also has some high end feats to, however he is not in this arguement so I don't know why he was brought up.

Alfred stomps Aunt May; and usually there isn't a stomp involved, as it would be locked; most of time people arguements are one word arguments e.g. speed blitz or TP for the win, unless it is a CAV; I try to not just look at one-sided arguements, as not all characters fight that way.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By reaverlation

@kingant27: Lol no lowballing but the truth and now exposed to everyone thanks to killemall.But you're right (hehe) as jobbercalypse is not in the league of the combatants here and shouldn't be mentioned anymore

...... (Sigh)...just don't.Despero turns their minds into swirling toilets

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: where did you get that assumption; it has never been stated that his TP is above Sky-father level beings; if he was that good at TP, why would he risk fighting hand to hand.

Just because he possess very good TP, there is no proof it would affect the heralds, and that they wouldn't attack first eliminating him before there mental defences are broke.