Desann vs Darth Bane (DOE)

Avatar image for deactivated-61bbcfa4a470d
deactivated-61bbcfa4a470d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Desann was a Chistori male Dark Jedi who was affiliated with Lord Hethrir's Empire Reborn faction.

Darth Bane was a human male in his forties, past his physical prime he had suffered physical deterioration, from both age and the use of the dark side. Though past his prime he was still more than a formidable opponent.

Round 1 - Force

Round 2 - Duel

Round 3 - All out

BONUS- Desann loses then he gets Set Harth.

BONUS 2- Bane loses then he transforms into his prime(without Parasitic armor).

Location -

No Caption Provided

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At this point Bane was stated to have achieved power just shy of infinite, which makes him a Yoda/Luke/Sidious/Valkorion tier Force user. By this alone, he wins. Not even going into the fact that he is significantly more powerful than his Temple-busting iteration.

In a duel he still wins. Bane should be capable of beating a prime Katarn. Desann lost to a pre-prime one.

It's a good fight, of course -- Desann did compete with POST-ROTJ Luke himself -- but Bane is simply better.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1a45e3e76be
deactivated-5d1a45e3e76be

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_tenebrous: I think Luke is vastly above Yoda and Palpatine based on his defeat of the emperor in dark empire. OT- Bane wins in an extremely difficult fight.

RebornEmperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_tenebrous: I think Luke is vastly above Yoda and Palpatine based on his defeat of the emperor in dark empire.

This was Full-potential Luke, not the normal DE Luke.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prime Luke isn't omnipotent though. Even Abeloth isn't. You can't be just short of omnipotence but still have non-omnipotents still be far more powerful than you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not omnipotent, but still far above Palpatine and Yoda

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mastercilghal:

Ah, It's all hard to gauge. ROTS Sidious is established as the most powerful Dark Sider in all galactic history, and then he grows massively over the course of over two decades by ROTJ, only to experience another massive power growth in DE. Yet we have ancient Sith emerging from the shadows, turning out to have scaling that would place them in the general tier of DE Sidious or Luke himself, yet this is impossible because ROTS Sidious would be better than them.

That's the issue with making each new iteration of everyone "vastly more powerful" than the previous one. Eventually it all derails into mass inconsistency and causes a mess, losing meaning.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mastercilghal:

But that would place Bane above Palpatine and Yoda, which we know is clearly untrue.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_tenebrous: When Leia unlocked Luke’s force potential in DE he defeated the emperor in a 30 seconds fight. Not to mention his massive superiority to UnuThul ( who has honestly the best telepathy in the mythos) and his ability to casually ragdoll Darth Caedus easily places him above Yoda and the emperor by default.

RebornEmperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RebornEmperor

I still don't understand why Luke defeating the Emperor is relevant when we clearly know that he never achieved his Full potential in Legends. And Raynar's telepathy isn't the best in the mythos, given that even Zekk could resist his telepathy for a short amount of time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebornemperor: The height of Luke’s powers came during the vong war, and yes, he did reach his full potential.

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ArkhamAsylum3

@lord_tenebrous: When Leia unlocked Luke’s force potential in DE he defeated the emperor in a 30 seconds fight. Not to mention his massive superiority to UnuThul ( who has honestly the best telepathy in the mythos)and his ability to casually ragdoll Darth Caedus easily places him above Yoda and the emperor by default.

Darish Vol disagrees.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arkhamasylum3: disagrees with what?

Edit: oh I see now. Well Darish Vol had “much of Luke’s power”

Of course I wasn’t talking literally, it was just a way to wank Raynar a bit. But his TP is still one of the best

RebornEmperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In fact, I doubt that Luke even achieved a majority of his potential. Even during the events of Fate of the Jedi was he far weaker than Abeloth, "a being similar, but not quite as powerful" as the Ones.

Galactic Architecture 101 and the history of Centerpoint Station
Galactic Architecture 101 and the history of Centerpoint Station

RebornEmperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RebornEmperor
ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebornemperor: Don't care. It's still > anything Unu has telepathy wise.

RebornEmperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebornemperor: based on this:

“This is Luke skywalker at the height of his powers. Although he is the most powerful jedi in the galaxy after the yuuzahn vong invasion, the battles with the yuuzahn vong humble him.”

- jedi academy training manual , pag 100

RebornEmperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mastercilghal: And this is obviously wrong. Otherwise we'll get this scaling chain:

Abeloth >>>> FotJ Luke > DN Luke > FP Luke = FP Anakin >> Son and Daughter > Abeloth

See, it doesn't work.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebornemperor: you can’t say a statement is wrong. It is from an official source and is honestly the only one that talks about Whether or not Luke reached his full potential.

Anakin ragdolling the daughter and the son in the mortis arc goes against George Lucas’s statement that Anakin has twice the potential of Sidius , because it would mean the two individually are below the emperor.

RebornEmperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mastercilghal: We can say that a statement is wrong, if it basically contradicts the lore/feats.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebornemperor: what if the other statement about Abeloth ‘s power is the wrong one? She is implied to have defeated the son and the Daughter in Apocalypse.

RebornEmperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mastercilghal: Why are apocryphal origin stories found on cave-carvings used as evidence?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebornemperor: because they hold some value in regards to The context of the book, considering they are the way in which the reader and the discover Abeloth’s history. Furthermore , the killiks worked in conjunction with the celestials, which means they know their history pretty well. But let’s not derail this thread with an off topic argument. My point was that Luke is pretty significantly above ROTS palpatine and Yoda and I think we agree there.

RebornEmperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RebornEmperor

@mastercilghal said:

@rebornemperor: because they hold some value in regards to The context of the book, considering they are the way in which the reader and the discover Abeloth’s history. Furthermore , the killiks worked in conjunction with the celestials, which means they know their history pretty well. But let’s not derail this thread with an off topic argument. My point was that Luke is pretty significantly above ROTS palpatine and Yoda and I think we agree there.

Fair enough, then. And yeah, I agree that Luke is more powerful than Yoda or RotS Sidious.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebornemperor: this was a good discussion nonetheless. Honestly, I had never considered the idea that Luke did not reach his full power. It opened a new prospective.

RebornEmperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mastercilghal said:

@rebornemperor: this was a good discussion nonetheless. Honestly, I had never considered the idea that Luke did not reach his full power. It opened a new prospective.

Agreed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebornemperor: I see you’re new here. Have a good time on the forums!