Delta Squad (Star Wars) vs USS Enterprise (Star Trek)

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Delta Squad
Delta Squad
The Enterprise
The Enterprise

vs.

The Enterprise is in dry dock and all but the security personnel and the commanding officers are on shore leave. Delta Squad has been tasked with taking and holding the bridge until reinforcements arrive. An Acclamator class Republic ship is inbound and will arrive exactly one hour after Delta squad has secured the bridge, that is if they secure the bridge. The various officers are patrolling throughout the ship and no two are in the same place at the time of the clones arrival. The clones were smuggled into the cargo hold and start their mission there.

The security personnel and officers are armed with phasers and can access heavier weapons after they become aware of the clones presence on board. The security personnel are patrolling in groups of between eight to ten throughout the ship, evenly spaced with a full corridor or bulkhead in between each group. The clones begin the mission undetected and have been briefed on their enemies security systems and general knowledge on what their enemies weaponry is capable of. Their initial goal is to reach the bridge with the majority of the ship unaware of their presence. All security personnel are carrying an alarm switch on their person and if triggered will sound a ship wide alarm after thirty seconds. The clones are aware of this and know how to disable the switch if they reach it.

Can they pull off one last impossible mission? If not, how far do they get and what stops them?

Fight takes place on the Enterprise............obviously.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Wut

All those red shirts....... The only mooks in the universe that can make B1s feel good about themselves.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

All those red shirts....... The only mooks in the universe that can make B1s feel good about themselves.

And we all know what Commandos do to B1s...............oh God what have I done?! Those poor redshirts don't deserve this.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonnate: Yes.. the only real question left is.... does Kirk have a torn shirt?

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Enterprise stomps. Troopers have no way of shutting down the transporters...

...have fun in space.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clones

maiamaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paytience: they will, seeing as how their armor is essentially an armored EV suit. I believe they have maneuvering thrusters as well. Either way, they can chill in space until their ship arrives.

Also, radiation and dense materials will make it impossible for the transporters to lock on to them, assuming they even know Delta is on board before they die anyway.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Paytience

@maiamaku: You're outta your mind.

We could get in deep to this and I could school you real quick, or we can just go with you're wrong. That hasn't been shown in the higher canon anywhere, and no where in this thread is legends mentioned.

That is also assuming that the enterprise crew doesn't just keep the troopers signature in their databanks and hit delete.

Source:

I still have the first ever release of star wars to vhs and every subsequent release afterwords up until the advent of digital media and will happily screen capture a video of roughly every EU book ever written saved right here on my phone.

I got a lotta years of star wars saying they don't survive in space.

maiamaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maiamaku: You're outta your mind.

We could get in deep to this and I could school you real quick, or we can just go with you're wrong. That hasn't been shown in the higher canon anywhere, and no where in this thread is legends mentioned.

hmmm. Coulda sworn I remembered them floating around in space at one point, but it could have been a cargo hold or....their ship pretending to be derelict and without life support. I think that was it. My bad. Anyway, seeing as how Delta Squad is, to my knowledge, only seen in Legends...(besides the games, of course)

That is also assuming that the enterprise crew doesn't just keep the troopers signature in their databanks and hit delete.

Because that's what the crew does every time they're boarded, right? Beam them into space?

Source:

I still have the first ever release of star wars to vhs and every subsequent release afterwords up until the advent of digital media and will happily screen capture a video of roughly every EU book ever written saved right here on my phone.

I got a lotta years of star wars saying they don't survive in space.

Well, most of my books predate Legends, so I could be wrong in that regard, but I do recall stormtroopers and clone troopers surviving limited exposure in a vacuum with their standard armor. Limited being a few minutes, usually when there was a hull breach of some sort. I believe I got mixed up when I was thinking of those instances, and what I mentioned above about Delta squad

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maiamaku: There are a lot of EU instances referencing it, but nothing showing it for real. Every time someone is shown in space it's death. Although Lando was able to survive for a week I believe in his unit when he was aboard the Vaganond during the black fleet crisis, but that was in a suit designed for it with a supply sled available.

As for beaming, it is actually a pretty common tactic, however boarding, especially in the original series, due to shields not being as easily transported through, wasn't usually done until after siginifant damage was done to critical systems; weapons, transporters and shields. Because they couldn't transport through shielding, boarding couldn't be done until then, by which point transporters aren't a viable tactic; especially when the enemy has transporter tech of their own.

Clones however have no transporter tech and the ship is in dock.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maiamaku: @paytience: The clones can in fact survive in vacuum, their suits are sealed and have their own air supply. Maiamaku remembered correctly the firs time, they had to get on board The Prosecutor when it was sitting in space, so they sealed their suits and used thruster pack to maneuver on board.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Commandos win via Assassin's Creed Hidden Blade GOTY.

maiamaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonnate: oh sweet. I'm just happy that I can remember things from a few years ago

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump due to boredom

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Clones can pull it off.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Metalfan94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The clones should win. They leave the enterprise a destroyed relic in space.

MrViking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The squad takes this.

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers