Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Power NeXus

Tonight we dine in Hell!!!

For your incredible victories in the last round, you have been cast down into hell!!! Specifically, the Diablo 2 version of it viewable in this video. Assume that the size of the arena is double the actual size. Arena begins at around the 1:30 point in the video.

Since there are no roofs in Diablo assume that the there are none here either. You may BFR your enemy into the flames of hell but in doing so, you forfeit your 5 point victory bonus.

As the arena is oddly enough designed as a cross, the first name listed starts on the east side and the last name starts on the west side. There are 2 altars located nearby each person's start location.  

This round has some temporary bonus points available at a cost. All Temporary Bonus Points may be used only for this round and dissipate immediately after it ends.

In the video, the character activates multiple altars and releases demons.

The first altar on both sides grants you 10 temporary bonus points upon defeating:

The Fearmonger (Fearmonger is immune to Fear Gas Grenades and Pheromones due to not having to breathe.)

Pheromone Manipulation - 40 (Daken, cannot make someone kill themselves)
Invisibility - 20 (Invisible Woman, may only effect yourself)
Fear Gas Grenades (6) - 15 (Scarecrow)
Illusion Cube - 5 (Giant Snake)
Illusion Cube - 5 (Giant Spider)
Illusion Cube - 5 (Murder of Crows)
Dual Knives - 5 (Switch Blades)
Poison Coating - 5 (Dual Switch Blades)

The second altar on both sides grants you an additional 15 temporary bonus points upon defeating:

The Butcher

Albert Wesker - 50 (Speed Bursts, Super Strength, Healing Factor)
Inordosity - 10 (Agent Zero, lack of scent for those who don't know)
Weapon Mastery - 10 (Giant Meat Cleavers)
Sword - 5 (Giant Meat Cleaver)
Sword - 5 (Giant Meat Cleaver)
Vibranium Melee Upgrade - 10 (Giant Meat Cleaver)
Prometheum Melee Upgrade - 10 (Giant Meat Cleaver)

The middle altar grants you an additional 20 temporary bonus points upon defeating:

The Angel of Pain

Agent Zero - 50 (Slight Healing Factor, Inordosity, Corrosive Touch, Energy Absorption)
Techno-Organic Wings - 30 (Archangel)
Vibranium Melee Upgrade - 10 (Techno-Organic Wings)
Weapons Mastery - 10 (Techno-Organic Wings)

Creatures summoned from the altars will mercilessly go after whoever activated it, even taking aid from your opponent, so activate at your own risk. For those of you who don't have calculators, there are 45 points on the board for the taking. 

Dane Wesker (Dane)

Radar Sense - 20 (Daredevil)
Weapons Mastery - 10 (Billy Clubs)
Dual Billy Clubs - 5
Vibranium Upgrade - 10 (Billy Clubs)
Fear Gas Grenades (2) - 5 (Scarecrow)
Illusion Cube - 5 (Mysterio, The Savage Land with some Dinosaurs)

vs.

Epic Sword Guy (Power NeXus)

Radar Sense - 20 (Daredevil)
Muramasa - 25
Smoke Grenades (3) - 5
Assault Rifle - 5 (ACR w/ Forward Hand Hold, Standard Scope)

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By dane

Awesome, thanks for making the thread.

I think we both definitely have advantages over the demons, since we have radar-sense and they don't. I'm still not 100% on the location but if I detected you being very far away, I think I would activate at least 2 of the altars and thrown down an illusion cube and then just throw my vibranium billy clubs through their brains with my super strength.

On your character, I think the only advantage you have is the Muramasa, but truthfully you don't have anything more than basic skill with it. I think I would beat you in a straight fight by binding you with my Vibranium Billy Clubs, which I'm a master at using.

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Power NeXus

I suppose I will give my opening strategy now. I can not start debating about the actual fight with Dane's character until I know what he is planning for extra points, but I can give my strategy concerning my own point aquisition and useage. 

In deciding what I want to get with extra points, I realize I need better long-range attacks (a simple assault rifle just isn't that impressive in the superhero world)  So I plan on purchasing Rusty Collins' flame projection. This costs 25 points, so I will need to beat Fearmonger and Butcher. Thankfully, I believe it is within my capabilities to beat both of them (I don't think I can beat Angel of Pain though.) 

Fighting the Fearmonger: 
With my particular skills, this fight shouldn't be too hard for me. I have a radar sense, which means I can sense him when he's invisible, and I can sense that his illusions are not real. And I have Muramasa blade to cut him in half. The only small hitch is his pheromones and fear gas grenades. Thankfully, I know he has these capabilities before our battle begins. The very second I activate the alter, I will hold my breath. Pheromones are just spores in the air that work mostly through inhaling; same with the fear gas. I don't know if holding my breath will give me complete protection from the effects of the pheromones, but I am quite certain it will allow me to stay clear enough to kill him the very moment he loses his invincibility.  

Battling the Butcher: 
The Butcher is very similar to me. If not for one particular advantage of mine, our battle could last a very long time. However, my smoke grenades will come in handy in this fight. Butcher has no spider-sense or danger-sense or anything of the kind. Tossing a smoke bomb at his feet will make him blind as a bat. I, on the other hand, can see through the smoke perfectly with my radar sense. While he is unable to see, cutting him in half will be quite easy.  

Neither of those two fights should take me much time at all. When I am done, I will have 25 points, and I will purchase Rusty Collins' 'Elemental Fist'.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Power NeXus
@Dane:
Before we get to debating on whos character would win our battle, I think we need to determine whether or not we can both realistically beat the demons we activate, and whether or not we get the points. I don't think we can have a good debate if we're still thinking, "Well, I might have this power during the fight, or I might not". 
Realistically, I think you can beat Fearmonger and Butcher just as well as I can. But I don't really see how you would beat Angel of Pain. Dedman says the demons have a few seconds of ''flashing invincibility'' just like in video games. Angel of Pain is almost definitely going to be in the air before you can attack him. You can't fly after him, and your only long-range attack option would be throwing a billy club (and I don't think that would be all that effective).
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dane
@Power NeXus said:
" @Dane: Before we get to debating on whos character would win our battle, I think we need to determine whether or not we can both realistically beat the demons we activate, and whether or not we get the points. I don't think we can have a good debate if we're still thinking, "Well, I might have this power during the fight, or I might not". Realistically, I think you can beat Fearmonger and Butcher just as well as I can. But I don't really see how you would beat Angel of Pain. Dedman says the demons have a few seconds of ''flashing invincibility'' just like in video games. Angel of Pain is almost definitely going to be in the air before you can attack him. You can't fly after him, and your only long-range attack option would be throwing a billy club (and I don't think that would be all that effective). "
Illusion Cube to make myself disappear among a crowd of Dinosaur illusions and Fear Gas Grenade to his face. Then he'll probably spazz out and fly into lava.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Power NeXus
@Dane said:
" @Power NeXus said:
" @Dane: Before we get to debating on whos character would win our battle, I think we need to determine whether or not we can both realistically beat the demons we activate, and whether or not we get the points. I don't think we can have a good debate if we're still thinking, "Well, I might have this power during the fight, or I might not". Realistically, I think you can beat Fearmonger and Butcher just as well as I can. But I don't really see how you would beat Angel of Pain. Dedman says the demons have a few seconds of ''flashing invincibility'' just like in video games. Angel of Pain is almost definitely going to be in the air before you can attack him. You can't fly after him, and your only long-range attack option would be throwing a billy club (and I don't think that would be all that effective). "
Illusion Cube to make myself disappear among a crowd of Dinosaur illusions and Fear Gas Grenade to his face. Then he'll probably spazz out and fly into lava."

-___- 

I'm trying not to admit that could work. 
'Cuz if it does work, that means I have to deal with teleportation and a spirit gun. 

Dang it.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dane
@Power NeXus: Well, I think you'll do poorly with Rusty Collins Fire Powers either way. Albert Wesker was shown to heal from severe burns in a matter of seconds iirc.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Power NeXus
@Dane said:
" @Power NeXus: Well, I think you'll do poorly with Rusty Collins Fire Powers either way. Albert Wesker was shown to heal from severe burns in a matter of seconds iirc. "

I am not familiar enough with Wesker to know all the details of these feats, but I would guess that the burns he healed from were not the 'close-range high-intensity flame thrower straight to the face" type. Wesker is good at healing, but his durability is very low. A high-intensity flame blast could still burn away enough flesh that it would take him at least a few moments to grow it back. At the very least, burning you that badly would give me an opportunity to rush in an use my sword while you are still healing. 
I also have the option of cutting you with the Muramasa blade, thus shutting down your healing factor, and then hitting you with the flames. If your healing factor doesn't work, my flames will kill you instantly.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dane
@Power NeXus said:
" @Dane said:
" @Power NeXus: Well, I think you'll do poorly with Rusty Collins Fire Powers either way. Albert Wesker was shown to heal from severe burns in a matter of seconds iirc. "
I am not familiar enough with Wesker to know all the details of these feats, but I would guess that the burns he healed from were not the 'close-range high-intensity flame thrower straight to the face" type. Wesker is good at healing, but his durability is very low. A high-intensity flame blast could still burn away enough flesh that it would take him at least a few moments to grow it back. At the very least, burning you that badly would give me an opportunity to rush in an use my sword while you are still healing. I also have the option of cutting you with the Muramasa blade, thus shutting down your healing factor, and then hitting you with the flames. If your healing factor doesn't work, my flames will kill you instantly. "
That probably won't work for the following reasons:

Teleportation.
Super Speed.
Illusion Cube.
Billy Clubs to tie your arms to your sides with vibranium cable.
If I get the Spirit Gun, and theres no reason why I shouldn't, I could decimate you from much greater range than the flamethrower.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Power NeXus
@Dane said:
" @Power NeXus said:
" @Dane said:
I am not familiar enough with Wesker to know all the details of these feats, but I would guess that the burns he healed from were not the 'close-range high-intensity flame thrower straight to the face" type. Wesker is good at healing, but his durability is very low. A high-intensity flame blast could still burn away enough flesh that it would take him at least a few moments to grow it back. At the very least, burning you that badly would give me an opportunity to rush in an use my sword while you are still healing. I also have the option of cutting you with the Muramasa blade, thus shutting down your healing factor, and then hitting you with the flames. If your healing factor doesn't work, my flames will kill you instantly. "
That probably won't work for the following reasons:  Teleportation. Super Speed. Illusion Cube. Billy Clubs to tie your arms to your sides with vibranium cable. If I get the Spirit Gun, and theres no reason why I shouldn't, I could decimate you from much greater range than the flamethrower. "

Your teleportation could be somewhat useful, but Dedman said to assume we can use all of our powers and weapons as if we've been practicing with them for a couple of weeks (I assume that applies to our new purchases as well). It took Nightcrawler a lot longer than a few weeks to work his 'porting skill to the level where it was really useful in a fight. 
I have super speed too. 
I have a radar sense, so your illusion cube is pretty much worthless against me. 
The Muramasa blade can cut the vibranium cable. And you aren't even aware my sword is the Muramasa blade, so you won't know wrapping it up with me could be a problem. 
Releasing a 'decimating' blast requires charging time for the Spirit Gun. I can release full power flame blasts at the drop of a hat. And I do not see why the Spirit Gun should have so much greater range than my flames.
Zaterra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Zaterra

I'll get back to this later, looks cool!! Time for lunch

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Power NeXus

bump

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dane
@Power NeXus:  Yes, it did take NC awhile to master his powers but I'm moving at the same speed you are so should never be able to close the distance unless I let you.

Also, it was never my strategy to wrap the sword at all, if I bind your arms to your side, which I should be able to do as a master combatant with billy clubs, you won't be able to swing the sword at all.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Power NeXus
@Dane said:
" @Power NeXus:  Yes, it did take NC awhile to master his powers but I'm moving at the same speed you are so should never be able to close the distance unless I let you.  Also, it was never my strategy to wrap the sword at all, if I bind your arms to your side, which I should be able to do as a master combatant with billy clubs, you won't be able to swing the sword at all. "

It seems to me that, weapon master or not, wrapping up my arms without wrapping up my sword would be a pretty lucky shot, mostly because you will be throwing the cable from a distance (since you don't want me closing the gap), and my radar sense will let me know exactly where the billy club is ricocheting and where the cable is going, and my speed would allow me to duck out of the way quite easily. 
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Matezoide2

great work so far
ho,and time for the pics....

Epic Sword Guy
 Epic Sword Guy

Dane Wesker
 Dane Wesker
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By dane
@Power NeXus said:
" @Dane said:
" @Power NeXus:  Yes, it did take NC awhile to master his powers but I'm moving at the same speed you are so should never be able to close the distance unless I let you.  Also, it was never my strategy to wrap the sword at all, if I bind your arms to your side, which I should be able to do as a master combatant with billy clubs, you won't be able to swing the sword at all. "
It seems to me that, weapon master or not, wrapping up my arms without wrapping up my sword would be a pretty lucky shot, mostly because you will be throwing the cable from a distance (since you don't want me closing the gap), and my radar sense will let me know exactly where the billy club is ricocheting and where the cable is going, and my speed would allow me to duck out of the way quite easily.  "
Well yes, but keep in mind I'm throwing the Billy Club with significant super strength, it'll be travelling much faster than Daredevil can usually throw his and I should have all of his accuracy and skill. One in a million shots are kind of his specialty.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Power NeXus
@Dane said:
" @Power NeXus said:
" @Dane said:
It seems to me that, weapon master or not, wrapping up my arms without wrapping up my sword would be a pretty lucky shot, mostly because you will be throwing the cable from a distance (since you don't want me closing the gap), and my radar sense will let me know exactly where the billy club is ricocheting and where the cable is going, and my speed would allow me to duck out of the way quite easily.  "
Well yes, but keep in mind I'm throwing the Billy Club with significant super strength, it'll be travelling much faster than Daredevil can usually throw his and I should have all of his accuracy and skill. One in a million shots are kind of his specialty. "

From a distance, throwing your billy club in a way that will cause it ro bounce off the walls and get the cable to tie up my arms without tying up my sword... that would take a heck of a lot of precision. For a throw that precise, all it would take is a duck or a sidestep for me to ruin the shot altogether. I have Wesker's speed just like you do, and my radar sense will tell me where the club and cable are at all times. If your guy tries this strategy on my guy, he's just going to end up throwing away his weapon 9 times out of 10 (well, not really throwing it away, since you're still holding one end. But a missed shot would give me an ample opportunity to slice the cable with my sword, leaving you with half a billy club and a cut-off cable.)
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Power NeXus

bump

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dane
@Power NeXus said:
" @Dane said:
" @Power NeXus said:
" @Dane said:
Well yes, but keep in mind I'm throwing the Billy Club with significant super strength, it'll be travelling much faster than Daredevil can usually throw his and I should have all of his accuracy and skill. One in a million shots are kind of his specialty. "

From a distance, throwing your billy club in a way that will cause it ro bounce off the walls and get the cable to tie up my arms without tying up my sword... that would take a heck of a lot of precision. For a throw that precise, all it would take is a duck or a sidestep for me to ruin the shot altogether. I have Wesker's speed just like you do, and my radar sense will tell me where the club and cable are at all times. If your guy tries this strategy on my guy, he's just going to end up throwing away his weapon 9 times out of 10 (well, not really throwing it away, since you're still holding one end. But a missed shot would give me an ample opportunity to slice the cable with my sword, leaving you with half a billy club and a cut-off cable.) "
Why would I ricochet it in the first place?

No Caption Provided

This doesn't even take into account the fact that I can teleport around you.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Power NeXus
@Dane:
In order to use a tactic like that to tie me up, you would have to 1) swing the cable in a wide arc so that it wraps around me {a tactic that would be foiled completely if I just duck} or 2) coil the end of the cable around a stationary object right next to me and swing yourself around it like DD did in the scan {very difficult to pull off since I won't be standing next to a pole for the whole fight, you don't have any ledge you can jump from to wrap the cable around me, and I can still just duck to avoid it altogether}. And if you try either one of those methods, there's still no way for you to ensure the cable wraps around me but not around my sword. 
The only reason Spider-Man got incapacitated there was because he was fighting like a dumba$$ (as he is prone to doing in some of his early showings) and he may not have been aware that DD's billy clubs have a cable in them. I, on the other hand, will not be fighting like a dumba$$, and I will be completely aware of all the capabilities of DD's billy clubs, as well as the positioning of the club/cables at all times. 

And yes, you can teleport around me, but not more quickly than I can react. The only thing your teleportation will do for you is hinder me from closing the gap as easily.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Power NeXus

bump

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By Ferro Vida

Bump

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By Matezoide2

paging Dr.Dane,paging Dr.Dane....is there a Dr.Dane in the room?

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Power NeXus

ummm... bump again?

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By dane
@Power NeXus said:
" @Dane: In order to use a tactic like that to tie me up, you would have to 1) swing the cable in a wide arc so that it wraps around me {a tactic that would be foiled completely if I just duck} or 2) coil the end of the cable around a stationary object right next to me and swing yourself around it like DD did in the scan {very difficult to pull off since I won't be standing next to a pole for the whole fight, you don't have any ledge you can jump from to wrap the cable around me, and I can still just duck to avoid it altogether}. And if you try either one of those methods, there's still no way for you to ensure the cable wraps around me but not around my sword. The only reason Spider-Man got incapacitated there was because he was fighting like a dumba$$ (as he is prone to doing in some of his early showings) and he may not have been aware that DD's billy clubs have a cable in them. I, on the other hand, will not be fighting like a dumba$$, and I will be completely aware of all the capabilities of DD's billy clubs, as well as the positioning of the club/cables at all times.  And yes, you can teleport around me, but not more quickly than I can react. The only thing your teleportation will do for you is hinder me from closing the gap as easily. "
First of all, sorry for the extensive delay.

I could just throw the cable at you and teleport to your side, then to the other side and do that to rapidly get the cable around you, it doesn't have to be a wide out. It doesn't have to be on a stationary target since, if I move quickly around you, you would be the stationary target.

I have master skill with billy clubs, why wouldn't I be good enough to perform a basic function that Daredevil has used countless times?
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Power NeXus
@Dane said:
" @Power NeXus said:
" @Dane: In order to use a tactic like that to tie me up, you would have to 1) swing the cable in a wide arc so that it wraps around me {a tactic that would be foiled completely if I just duck} or 2) coil the end of the cable around a stationary object right next to me and swing yourself around it like DD did in the scan {very difficult to pull off since I won't be standing next to a pole for the whole fight, you don't have any ledge you can jump from to wrap the cable around me, and I can still just duck to avoid it altogether}. And if you try either one of those methods, there's still no way for you to ensure the cable wraps around me but not around my sword. The only reason Spider-Man got incapacitated there was because he was fighting like a dumba$$ (as he is prone to doing in some of his early showings) and he may not have been aware that DD's billy clubs have a cable in them. I, on the other hand, will not be fighting like a dumba$$, and I will be completely aware of all the capabilities of DD's billy clubs, as well as the positioning of the club/cables at all times.  And yes, you can teleport around me, but not more quickly than I can react. The only thing your teleportation will do for you is hinder me from closing the gap as easily. "
First of all, sorry for the extensive delay.  I could just throw the cable at you and teleport to your side, then to the other side and do that to rapidly get the cable around you, it doesn't have to be a wide out. It doesn't have to be on a stationary target since, if I move quickly around you, you would be the stationary target.   I have master skill with billy clubs, why wouldn't I be good enough to perform a basic function that Daredevil has used countless times? "

I don't quite understand what you're saying you could do there. You're planning to hold the cable and teleport yourself around me to get the cable wrapped around me? I am kinda confused. 

And in the times Daredevil has incapacitated an enemy with the cable, that enemy did not have a radar sense equal to his own, or a sword capable of easily cutting the cable (and you are still unaware that my sword can cut the cable, so I doubt you'll go through the effort of wrapping up my arms but not wrapping up the sword).
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By dane
@Power NeXus: why would you know all about my billy clubs but I don't know anything about your M-Blade?

Now I'm confused. What knowledge did we start with?
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Power NeXus
@Dane said:
" @Power NeXus: why would you know all about my billy clubs but I don't know anything about your M-Blade?  Now I'm confused. What knowledge did we start with? "

Dedmanwalkin says the only knowledge we start off with is the stats of the person we beat in the previous round. 

With my radar sense, I will be able to recognize your billy clubs. Your radar sense will let you know I have a katana, but there are no distinguishing features about the Muramasa blade to let you know it's anything more than a normal katana. Since your billy clubs are made of vibranium, you will assume my sword can't cut the cable, since you have no reason to believe my sword is special. Going through the extra effort to wrap up my arms without wrapping up my sword would be a waste of time (you think). So if you wrap me up in the cable, it is very likely you will wrap my sword up too, thus giving me the opportunity to slice my way free, ruin your cable, and give you a total "WTF" moment.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By dane
@Power NeXus said:

" @Dane said:

" @Power NeXus: why would you know all about my billy clubs but I don't know anything about your M-Blade?  Now I'm confused. What knowledge did we start with? "

Dedmanwalkin says the only knowledge we start off with is the stats of the person we beat in the previous round.  With my radar sense, I will be able to recognize your billy clubs. Your radar sense will let you know I have a katana, but there are no distinguishing features about the Muramasa blade to let you know it's anything more than a normal katana. Since your billy clubs are made of vibranium, you will assume my sword can't cut the cable, since you have no reason to believe my sword is special. Going through the extra effort to wrap up my arms without wrapping up my sword would be a waste of time (you think). So if you wrap me up in the cable, it is very likely you will wrap my sword up too, thus giving me the opportunity to slice my way free, ruin your cable, and give you a total "WTF" moment. "
Well that seems like conjecture. Just because my Billy Clubs are Vibranium doesn't mean they can't be cut. I don't know why you would 100% assume my character has this mindset.

In other news, 
1. If I wrap your katana as well you won't be able to cut free because you can't move your arms. The Vibranium will absorb the kinetic energy from your super strength and contain you completely.
2. Even if you did cut through one, I have two.
3. I can still just teleport away and Spirit Gun you into oblivion.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Power NeXus
@Dane said:
"@Power NeXus said:

" @Dane said:

Dedmanwalkin says the only knowledge we start off with is the stats of the person we beat in the previous round.  With my radar sense, I will be able to recognize your billy clubs. Your radar sense will let you know I have a katana, but there are no distinguishing features about the Muramasa blade to let you know it's anything more than a normal katana. Since your billy clubs are made of vibranium, you will assume my sword can't cut the cable, since you have no reason to believe my sword is special. Going through the extra effort to wrap up my arms without wrapping up my sword would be a waste of time (you think). So if you wrap me up in the cable, it is very likely you will wrap my sword up too, thus giving me the opportunity to slice my way free, ruin your cable, and give you a total "WTF" moment. "
Well that seems like conjecture. Just because my Billy Clubs are Vibranium doesn't mean they can't be cut. I don't know why you would 100% assume my character has this mindset. In other news,  1. If I wrap your katana as well you won't be able to cut free because you can't move your arms. The Vibranium will absorb the kinetic energy from your super strength and contain you completely. 2. Even if you did cut through one, I have two. 3. I can still just teleport away and Spirit Gun you into oblivion. "

Vibranium can be cut by 'special' stuff, but to my knowledge it has never been cut by any weapon made of standard materials. If there is an example of this happening, it would most likely be an example of a blade cutting Black Panther's suit by cutting along the weave, which would be very different from cutting a cable/rope of vibranium. You have no reason to believe my sword is anything more than standard material, so you have no reason to believe my sword can cut the cable. 

1. Just because vibranium absorbs kinetic energy, that doesn't mean it will restrict all movement. It's not like I'm trying to punch my way out of the cable. If you wrap up my sword with my arms, the blade of the sword will be pressed up against the cable in several areas. Since the Muramasa blade has been shown to cut through solid adamantium like butter, I don't think I will have to apply much pressure at all to get it to cut the cable.
2. So after I cut up one cable, you will think it's a good idea to throw the other one at me too? 
3. If you fire the Spirit Gun at me, it's possible that I could dodge (you can use the cable to wrap up my arms or my legs, but I don't think you can do both). If I don't already have the cable cut off by the time you fire, dodging the blast would give me more than enough time to get free. If I don't manage to dodge the blast entirely, I still have a crazy-awesome healing factor. And, heck, your own vibranium cable might even help a little in absorbing the energy (probably wouldn't do that much, but whatever). 

Still, all this is just assuming that you will wrap me up with the cable in the first place. I have already explained that I think I can avoid being tied up if you slung the cable like a whip. Your alternative method for tying me up, I'm not sure I fully understood. It seemed to involve getting the end of the cable on one side of me, and then teleporting around me in circles. There are multiple reasons why that would not work at all, but I will wait for you to more fully explain that plan first.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By dane
@Power NeXus: 
Sorry I misunderstood. I thought you meant you had the katana in your hand when you're being wrapped up. 

Vibranium does absorb kinetic energy such as strength, if you can't cut yourself free it's unlikely that you could free yourself with strength alone is all I'm saying.

Wesker's healing factor isn't crazy awesome. It's quite unlikely he could regenerate a limb for example.

I feel I may need to draw a diagram for the teleport+tie up but it'd essentially involve teleporting behind you to give me the surprise attack (even if you can sense me behind you, you don't have the senses to predict it) and then rapidly moving around you to ensure at least one of my billy clubs wasn't cut.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Power NeXus

@Dane: 

Sorry I misunderstood. I thought you meant you had the katana in your hand when you're being wrapped up. 

Actually, that was what I was saying. If I'm holding the sword in any kind of normal sword stance (held right in front of me, pointing up), then any cable that starts wrapping around my body will end up wrapping around the sword as well. 
Here is an expertly drawn illustration of that (notice the fine pencilwork and close attention to detail).    

Vibranium does absorb kinetic energy such as strength, if you can't cut yourself free it's unlikely that you could free yourself with strength alone is all I'm saying.

That's like saying a vibranum object is immovable just because it absorbs energy. Sure, there will be little effect if you punch it, but you can still move it around just by pushing it. A vibranium cable won't somehow sap all of my strength if I'm just pushing against it to make it move a little.

And, like I said, breaking through by strength alone isn't my plan. I'm just going to use my strength to apply a little pressure behind the blade of my sword so that it cuts the cable.  

Wesker's healing factor isn't crazy awesome. It's quite unlikely he could regenerate a limb for example. 

I guess "crazy-awesome" was sort of an overstatement, but I meant that he has a sufficient healing factor to be able to tank a heck of a lot of blunt force trauma and get back up (I recall seeing a video of him getting crushed by several massive steel beams falling from high up, and then breaking his way out from under them a couple seconds later).

I think that, unless you've been charging it up long enough to make some kind of epic Cyclops-no-visor sort of blast, I should be able to tank the periphery of your Spirit Gun, if I don't manage to dodge it altogether.  

I feel I may need to draw a diagram for the teleport+tie up but it'd essentially involve teleporting behind you to give me the surprise attack (even if you can sense me behind you, you don't have the senses to predict it) and then rapidly moving around you to ensure at least one of my billy clubs wasn't cut.

Sorry, but I still don't really get what you're saying.  
"And then rapidly moving around you". You plan to tie me up by running around me in a circle? 

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By dane
@Power NeXus: 
If Spider-Man had difficulty breaking a cable of standard materials I don't think Albert Wesker (who has never shown strength above Spider-Man) could break Vibranium cable.

With teleporting I don't see how you could ever close the distance since I'm already moving as fast as you are without it. Unless Spirit Gun's require you to be stationary I don't see why I can't charge it as long as I like.

I agree the cable could be severed, what I'm saying is you could severe it if the sword is below your arms. If you're swinging it (with only 2 weeks practice) you won't be expert enough to perform any complicated feats with it. i.e. if you make an overhead swing, which is the safest swing to make, the sword will at some point be below your waist. Since you don't know what kind of attack I'm going to use, why wouldn't you?
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Power NeXus

@Dane:  

If Spider-Man had difficulty breaking a cable of standard materials I don't think Albert Wesker (who has never shown strength above Spider-Man) could break Vibranium cable.

Spider-Man wasn't holding the Muramasa blade when trying to break out of those cables.  

With teleporting I don't see how you could ever close the distance since I'm already moving as fast as you are without it. Unless Spirit Gun's require you to be stationary I don't see why I can't charge it as long as I like. 

Does the Spirit Gun require any attention/focus at all while charging? For instance, if you got injured or stunned, would it just keep on charging without any effort at all from you?

I know very little about Spirit Guns, but I would guess they don't work quite that way.

As for the teleportation, don't forget you've only had a couple of weeks to practice with that power. Nightcrawler never did any rapid-sucession teleportation strings in his earliest showings. After you teleport once, you'll have to wait at least a few moments before teleporting again.   

I agree the cable could be severed, what I'm saying is you could severe it if the sword is below your arms. If you're swinging it (with only 2 weeks practice) you won't be expert enough to perform any complicated feats with it. i.e. if you make an overhead swing, which is the safest swing to make, the sword will at some point be below your waist. Since you don't know what kind of attack I'm going to use, why wouldn't you?

Why would I be swinging the sword at all if you're still out of my range, trying to tie me up in the cable. Any time you're out of melee range, I'll be holding the sword in the stance showed in the MS paint pic.

So essentially, if you are out of melee range, I will be holding my sword in that stance and you won't really be able to whip the cable around me without the cable going around the blade as well. If you are within melee range, I don't need to worry about getting tied up since I can just cut you in half. Your only solid defense against being cut in half is teleporting away. 1) You can't tie me up and teleport away at the same time. 2) Teleporting away wouldn't even be an option if you had just teleported behind me a couple seconds ago. 

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Power NeXus

I'm pretty pissed that this tournament AND k4tz's Marvel vs DC war have both ende up dying.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By dane
@Power NeXus: 

Spider-Man wasn't holding the Muramasa blade when trying to break out of those cables.

I was referring to the strength required to break the cables, not the cutting power required.

Does the Spirit Gun require any attention/focus at all while charging? For instance, if you got injured or stunned, would it just keep on charging without any effort at all from you?

I know very little about Spirit Guns, but I would guess they don't work quite that way.

As for the teleportation, don't forget you've only had a couple of weeks to practice with that power. Nightcrawler never did any rapid-sucession teleportation strings in his earliest showings. After you teleport once, you'll have to wait at least a few moments before teleporting again.

I know about as much as you about Spirit Guns but from what I can tell they require some concentration but no more than any other active power.

Nightcrawler mostly had trouble teleporting a lot because it drained his stamina. With Albert Wesker's power I have superhuman stamina and speed which should both help me to teleport as fast as I like.

Why would I be swinging the sword at all if you're still out of my range, trying to tie me up in the cable. Any time you're out of melee range, I'll be holding the sword in the stance showed in the MS paint pic. So essentially, if you are out of melee range, I will be holding my sword in that stance and you won't really be able to whip the cable around me without the cable going around the blade as well. If you are within melee range, I don't need to worry about getting tied up since I can just cut you in half. Your only solid defense against being cut in half is teleporting away. 1) You can't tie me up and teleport away at the same time. 2) Teleporting away wouldn't even be an option if you had just teleported behind me a couple seconds ago.

Well if you get in melee range I assume you'd swing it. At which point I can just teleport behind you and cable tie you up. Also, I have the same superhuman speed that you do, why would I stand in front of your sword?

I'm sorry my posting has been irregular but Uni work takes my attention when necessary. I'm willing to open voting whenever you like but I don't see any defense you have against teleportation and spirit gun combo.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Power NeXus

@Dane: 

I was referring to the strength required to break the cables, not the cutting power required.

That's why I think the example of Spider-Man getting tied up does not apply to me. If all I had was my raw strength, I'd be in the same boat as he was. However, my sword will allow me to get free much more easily than he did. 

Nightcrawler mostly had trouble teleporting a lot because it drained his stamina. With Albert Wesker's power I have superhuman stamina and speed which should both help me to teleport as fast as I like. 

Hmm. Honestly, I hadn't taken your superhuman stamina into account when thinking about your teleportation. 

Well if you get in melee range I assume you'd swing it. At which point I can just teleport behind you and cable tie you up. Also, I have the same superhuman speed that you do, why would I stand in front of your sword?

I really don't see how you could get me tied up in a cable faster than I can turn around and face you. Even if that's possible, it seems like a very serious gamble to me. 

I'm sorry my posting has been irregular but Uni work takes my attention when necessary. I'm willing to open voting whenever you like but I don't see any defense you have against teleportation and spirit gun combo.

We can go to a vote now if you want to, but I don't really see the point in it. All the other threads in this tournament have died out too.