ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

The main issue is the shoddy VsBattles scaling in all of these tbh

No citations mostly

The Pokemon debate especially showcased a lack of substance to what you were talking about, which against SFW is a accomplishment

The formatting is at least solid, but the context needs lots of proper revision. I'd also say the current trend of making basically a million different sections with a million different feats isn't really needed for a CaV, it just feels like a RT more or less and a intro post should never read like that.

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@professorrespect: Appreciate it man. Can you elaborate on what you say is the biggest issue? I don’t quite get what “shoddy Vsbattle scaling” means.

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2708  Edited By JaylinFreeman

What’s the criteria for rating someone?

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

@mr-yes said:

@professorrespect: Appreciate it man. Can you elaborate on what you say is the biggest issue? I don’t quite get what “shoddy Vsbattle scaling” means.

Vsbattle scaling is basically just chaining feats to each other in a quantitative manner (as much as possible with as light criteria as possible) in a way that ignores conflicting views that suggest otherwise. Your stuff isn't as bad given you seem to have some idea of awareness of what isn't quantifiable but still needs good work etc

the biggest issue is that even though it's gotten more popular with the immigration of Vsbattles logic onto the site

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh Oh Oh, Someone rank me!

Konohana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Same here, even if my debates on this account don’t account for one’s on my past accounts.

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Gotcha. Thanks! I’ll be sure to keep those points in mind going forward.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2713 HigorM  Moderator

What’s the criteria for rating someone?

mainly experience in debates, that's what I had in mind when I created this topic, but I guess anyone can do it there's nothing against it, it's just better if the rating comes from someone experienced, we used to have HoF members back in the day, but as time goes by we kind of went apart, I'm back though.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2714 HigorM  Moderator
@koays said:

give me your past debates

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don’t care about ratings specifically but wouldn’t mind critique if anyone has some for me

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for chris2kzombieki
chris2kzombieki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don’t care about ratings specifically but wouldn’t mind critique if anyone has some for me

I second this. I need improvement.

Konohana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewatcherking said:

I don’t think there are many for you, since you’re one of the best debaters on the site.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2720 HigorM  Moderator

@koays said:
@higorm said:
@koays said:

Uh....um...

Me vs a Bunch of Thor fans...(trolling, but still won)

Rachel Summers VS Psylocke CaV

Me VS Godlyshinigami & Bigbaby Grey-Summers Family VS Wanda and friends.

Ongoing discussion about aquaman

I think i'm more mean then anything but that's a self evaluation i'm not ready to accept yet.

I begin my review by pointing out that I have only read the individual debates. I didn't read the "open" debates because, in my opinion, it goes beyond the proposal (at least what I had imagined when I created the topic). Therefore, I believe you are on the right path, even more considering that the CaV I read was your first, is that it?

A constructive criticism would be to moderate the use of images during the debate, not that they are not important, I would even say fundamental, but they cannot represent more than the argumentative text itself. I advise using links to reinforce the argument instead of posting entire images. I myself went through this and I can say that my debate improved a lot after I followed this line, it is much easier even for those who will read and vote for the fight.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm said:
@koays said:
@higorm said:
@koays said:

Uh....um...

I think i'm more mean then anything but that's a self evaluation i'm not ready to accept yet.

I begin my review by pointing out that I have only read the individual debates. I didn't read the "open" debates because, in my opinion, it goes beyond the proposal (at least what I had imagined when I created the topic). Therefore, I believe you are on the right path, even more considering that the CaV I read was your first, is that it?

A constructive criticism would be to moderate the use of images during the debate, not that they are not important, I would even say fundamental, but they cannot represent more than the argumentative text itself. I advise using links to reinforce the argument instead of posting entire images. I myself went through this and I can say that my debate improved a lot after I followed this line, it is much easier even for those who will read and vote for the fight.

Fair enough. I'll it to heart and consider it in the future.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2722 HigorM  Moderator

@koays said:
@higorm said:
@koays said:
@higorm said:
@koays said:

Uh....um...

Fair enough. I'll it to heart and consider it in the future.

glad I could help ;)

Jirou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now that's a real dusty person coming back to the site. Thought HigorM moved on.

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could use some constructive criticism

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2725 geekryan  Online
JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2726  Edited By JaylinFreeman

Can anyone please look at my past debates give me some advice on what I could do better as a debater? I personally don’t care for the ratings, but would appreciate constructive criticism that could help me to be a better debater.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2728 HigorM  Moderator

Can anyone please look at my past debates give me some advice on what I could do better as a debater? I personally don’t care for the ratings, but would appreciate constructive criticism that could help me to be a better debater.

gimme some links

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2729 HigorM  Moderator
@jirou said:

Now that's a real dusty person coming back to the site. Thought HigorM moved on.

I never really left..

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/mcu-cav-captain-america-kryptonianking88-vs-luke-c-2179813/

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/cav-tanjiro-reaper4-vs-scorpion-jaylinfreeman-2309869/

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/cav-jason-voorhees-vs-mcu-jessica-jones-closed-2097711/

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2731 HigorM  Moderator

@higorm:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/mcu-cav-captain-america-kryptonianking88-vs-luke-c-2179813/

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/cav-tanjiro-reaper4-vs-scorpion-jaylinfreeman-2309869/

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/cav-jason-voorhees-vs-mcu-jessica-jones-closed-2097711/

ok, I had a busy week so It might take a while to drop the rating..