• 157 results
jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@sirfizzwhizz:

Your logic is so bad here. Your damn smarter than this. All computers are run off of electricity. The power source just generates the electricity for the computer. This is simple shit. Unless the computer is not powered by electricity, it would not be a computer then.

Some dictionary sources say "usually electronic". A definiton taken from the same website you used says this:

1. a device, usually electronic, that processes data according to a set of instructions. The digital computer stores data in discrete units and performs arithmetical and logical operations at very high speed. The analog computer has no memory and is slower than the digital computer but has a continuous rather than a discrete input. The hybrid computer combines some of the advantages of digital and analog computers See also digital computer, analog computer, hybrid computer

Another definition from dictionary.com if you really want to dive into schematics:

A programmable machine that performs high-speed processing of numbers, as well as of text, graphics, symbols, and sound. All computers contain a central processing unit that interprets and executes instructions; input devices, such as a keyboard and a mouse, through which data and commands enter the computer; memory that enables the computer to store programs and data; and output devices, such as printers and display screens, that show the results after the computer has processed data.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/computer

Regardless the reason your definition specifies "powered by electricity" is because the technology used to design the Ikon suit doesn't exist in real life. You can't power a computer with kinetic energy in real life but the DC universe is a form of science fiction to an extent so it doesn't need to be grounded in reality when discussing technology.

Key words for ANY DEFINITION OF COMPUTER is the word ELECTRONIC DEVICE! How you power said device, Solar, Wind, Hydro, Nuclear, Heat, ect means jack shit.

I just showed other definitions which say otherwise.

I miss nothing. you want to use a baseless statement that only Ikons can shut down Ikons, and I counter with two, not one but two, creators of the suit comparing the pin point gravity field controlled by a computer to that of Enterprise and SDF-1 ship. See, I can play that game too.

Accept the statements don't mean what your saying they do. I tried to explain it to you but you don't seem willing to listen.

Avatar image for elijah_c_washington
Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Arguing that EMPs won't affect the Ikon suit is hardly wank, it's actually incredibly specific. It's not really about you slipping up, either. I'm asking that if Slade had actually walked through a nuclear explosion/reaction in the comics, would you still not consider it an applicable feat of EMP resistance?

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jashro44:

Some dictionary sources say "usually electronic". A definiton taken from the same website you used says this:

1. a device, usually electronic, that processes data according to a set of instructions. The digital computer stores data in discrete units and performs arithmetical and logical operations at very high speed. The analog computer has no memory and is slower than the digital computer but has a continuous rather than a discrete input. The hybrid computer combines some of the advantages of digital and analog computers See also digital computer, analog computer, hybrid computer

Another definition from dictionary.com if you really want to dive into schematics:

A programmable machine that performs high-speed processing of numbers, as well as of text, graphics, symbols, and sound. All computers contain a central processing unit that interprets and executes instructions; input devices, such as a keyboard and a mouse, through which data and commands enter the computer; memory that enables the computer to store programs and data; and output devices, such as printers and display screens, that show the results after the computer has processed data.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/computer

Regardless the reason your definition specifies "powered by electricity" is because the technology used to design the Ikon suit doesn't exist in real life. You can't power a computer with kinetic energy in real life but the DC universe is a form of science fiction to an extent so it doesn't need to be grounded in reality when discussing technology.

LOL guess what mate? Even your second definition are all things powered by electricity. Slade has a computer, and unless you can show me some type of computer not using electricity to make it work at all, you have no argument no matter what twisted logic your trying to counter with. The "SOURCE" of the power is kinetic energy. That is all is said. The tech itself is a computer controlled force field. One the creators compare to Enterprise and SDF-1. You have ZERO argument from there.

You are just playing ignorant which is very unlike you.

I just showed other definitions which say otherwise.

I love how you went out of your way to find Definitions that do not use Electricity in the description, yet NONE of them state any alternate form of power. Your being ridiculous now.

Accept the statements don't mean what your saying they do. I tried to explain it to you but you don't seem willing to listen.

I can say the same for your Ikon works only on ikon statement. But hey, its ok for you to have double standards I guess.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@sirfizzwhizz: Arguing that EMPs won't affect the Ikon suit is hardly wank, it's actually incredibly specific. It's not really about you slipping up, either. I'm asking that if Slade had actually walked through a nuclear explosion/reaction in the comics, would you still not consider it an applicable feat of EMP resistance?

Get out. Your just being a worse Slade fanboy than I am with Miles morals at this point. Which is a shame. I figured you be better than me in that regard.

• Compared to the pint point shields of both Enterprise and SDF-1 starships? Yup.
  • Stated to be running off a computer? Yup.
  • Has EMP resistant feats? Nope.
  • Chaff Grenades still disrupt electronic devices such as all known computers use? Yup.
No Caption Provided

Oh no, Slade is not unbeatable. Too bad.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz:

LOL guess what mate? Even your second definition are all things powered by electricity.

Reread my second paragraph. Tomorrow if a scientist discovered a new form of energy that wasn't electricity and used it to power his laptop; his laptop would still be a computer. The problem being is such technology does not exist in real life.

Slade has a computer, and unless you can show me some type of computer not using electricity to make it work at all, you have no argument no matter what twisted logic your trying to counter with. The "SOURCE" of the power is kinetic energy. That is all is said. The tech itself is a computer controlled force field. One the creators compare to Enterprise and SDF-1. You have ZERO argument from there.

The computer only becomes operational when powered up by kinetic energy.

You are just playing ignorant which is very unlike you.

Believe what you want.

I love how you went out of your way to find Definitions that do not use Electricity in the description, yet NONE of them state any alternate form of power. Your being ridiculous now.

Do they have to?

Also for the record here is a scan of Slade comparing his suit to a wrist watch:

No Caption Provided

For those that don't know a mechanical wrist watch (which is a wrist watch powered by kinetic energy obviously what Slade is referring to) IS NOT AFFECTED BY EMP'S!!!!!!!!

Loading Video...

TraGiC_JoHNSoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slade. Raiden debaters are reaching.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

Then show me where the energy of the computer itself is no electric? Your making up stuff now to apply to something that was never stated. Though writers themselves use electronic examples as comparisons.

Yes the wrist watch is powered by kinetic energy. It's not a computer and it still has electronic parts to it that operated the digital timer part. So again your examples fall short to the actual debate.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

Then show me where the energy of the computer itself is no electric? Your making up stuff now to apply to something that was never stated. Though writers themselves use electronic examples as comparisons.

There have not been in depth diagrams explaining the ikon suit because Christopher Priest cares about writing an actual story....

Yes the wrist watch is powered by kinetic energy. It's not a computer and it still has electronic parts to it that operated the digital timer part. So again your examples fall short to the actual debate.

Yes but this is a fictional universe. If the suit were powered by electricity than Wintergreen wouldn't have had to shoot Slade in issue one to get the suit operational.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@jashro44: the. There is no reason to make up your own assumptions on why EMP will fail on the computer.

And? Again the source of power has nothing to do with the actual electronic part of the suit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slade stomps

Avatar image for manmadeofketchup
ManMadeOfKetchup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manmadeofketchup said:

Well, doesn't the Godkiller sword adapt to its attacker? Getting into melee range would be dangerous for Raiden, but we don't really know how quickly it adapts past when Superman went flying at Slade

Godkillers is only able to take a blow and match it last I seen. They sort of make this fair, except for Raiden being still way too fast.

No Caption Provided

Yeah, I guess this is what I meant though..As Deathstroke blocked that attack from Supes so I don't know if there's any indication as to how fast Supes was going in relevance to whether or not Raiden would be faster in a similar scenario

Avatar image for deactivated-6244903497821
deactivated-6244903497821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'm still saying that Raiden can win if he stays out of Godkiller's reach...or just steals it and uses it on slade

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slade

iUseMyCajonas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How does Slade hit Raiden?

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raiden.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh going with Raiden though I admittedly don't know much bout Slade. All I know is he cant keep up and thats all the info needed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_ruby_petal: there has been a very compelling argument for him, namely that Raiden's sword can't reach him through the Ikon suit's gravity field, but as I pointed out, what's stopping him from using his far greater reflexes and speed to grab Godkiller ( which can get through the gravity field ) and dicing Slade with it ? this match has been done before, with Raiden stomping everytime, and the only reason Slade has a chance here is because of his Haxxed equipment.

Avatar image for sainguinexshadow
SainguineXshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raiden, Slade is too slow and Raiden can run circles around him Raiden can also jack Slades weapon and kill him with it easily.

Avatar image for sainguinexshadow
SainguineXshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't admit Slade's defeat.

I just can't.

It's too painful

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sladerulez: Too bad. Slade at his best doesn't match the breakdancer with heels.

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_ruby_petal: oh, this isn't Slade at his best.

His best is with the speed force along with the Ikon suit and the Godkiller sword.

And that would be an unholy god stomp

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By red_ruby_petal

@sladerulez: Oh rly? I think the OP stated the same weapon and the same suit and this is still in Raiden's favor. They literally said Composite deathstroke. You are severely underestimating Raiden here. I guess people get that impression when the best DB pit him against was wolverine. That matchup was hf blade vs adamantium not Raiden vs Wolfy. Lets just say Raiden is capable of killing Qrow, Winter, Adam, and Cinder all at once.

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_ruby_petal: you completely ignored the statement of the speedforce.

If Deathstroke was given all the abilities he had in New 52, he would stomp. With the speed force, not even Wally west could keep up with him.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sladerulez: Raiden has a speed and strength advantage. What is stopping him from taking away Godkiller sword, let alone the fact he has been facing impossible odds since he was human and now in mgs rising he soloed World Marshal without ever going back up to the point he beat Senator. He is no stranger to cqc either.

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By red_ruby_petal

@sladerulez: Wait so death stroke is lightspeed with speed force?

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sladerulez: Well I never imagined how much of an advantage speed force gives him :/. Fine Ill give you that one but because speed force absolute hax.

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_ruby_petal: most speedforce speedsters are.

But the speedforce is not allowed in this fight, so it goes to Raiden.

I was simply stating that at his best, which is the suit, the sword, and the speedforce, Deathstroke would stomp

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_ruby_petal: oh, I thought you meant a special hax for Raiden that I didn't know about. Lol

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prezilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Deathstroke.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slade still stomps with plot weapons.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a
deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raiden, faster, and HF Blade can cut right through the Ikon armor since it breaks the molecular bonds.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danieldaripper: Thats not even the only way Raiden can kill him. Whats stopping him from straight up taking the weapon from him and then using it against him. Its easy as pie for Raiden.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke stomps.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Slade gets terminated

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So many mixed comments

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've said it before and i'll say it again. Raiden welcomes him to Stompville.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn’t composite Slade have access to the Speedforce? He wrecks.

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By jay_z94

Raiden has every advantage, it just depends on whether he can breach the Ikon Suit.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

meh still Raiden

IceHeart_30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94 said:

Raiden has every advantage, it just depends on whether he can breach the Ikon Suit.

Advantage on what? Deathstroke`s reflexes are fast enough to keep up with Superman and it is almost impossible to damage him through Ikon field