User Lists: 43

#1  Edited By Joygirl
Deathstroke
Deathstroke

vs.

Sirenz
Sirenz

------------------------------------------------------

- Deathstroke has a single day to prepare. He can use any standard gear -- no uber-staff, and he can neither create nor purchase any new equipment with his prep.

- 3 days prep for the Sirens.

- Sirens know someone is coming for them, and that that person is extremely dangerous, but not exactly who. Deathstroke has been paid well by Hush to get rid of this meddlesome trio.

- Fight takes place in Gotham City, all four know it must take place on Friday the 13th and they must fight on that day or explode into rainbows.

- In character, but in a mood to do battle. Harley is not as likely to chew gum as shoot, Ivy will not be making out with trees, etc.

--------------

For more of my battle threads, click here!

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Imagine_Man15

The biggest threat to Deathstroke is going to be Ivy. With three days prep, she could bulid up some pretty deadly defenses. Plus, Harley is easy to underestimate, even for a prep-monster like Deathstroke. I think he might lose here... but not easily, and there will probably be casualties among the Sirens.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days  Online

Slade due to having a promethium sword and explosive discs that would end any of these ladies ...

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ximpossibrux

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

Slade due to pimp slap

Fixed for you =)

SavageBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SavageBeast

Deathstroke EASY.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By Erik

@Joygirl:

Exploding into rainbows is a nice touch. :p

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Joygirl

@SavageBeast said:

Deathstroke EASY.

I think that's a bit quick to say easy... Ivy alone is a serious contender.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Joygirl

@Erik: Thanks. ^_^ I know Slade in particular would probably really disapprove of that.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days  Online

@XImpossibruX said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

Slade due to pimp slap

Fixed for you =)

Well, if he can do it to Wonder Woman .....

he can sure do it to them ........ lol

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By Strafe Prower

Ivy alone would be hard to take down. She has bullet timing feats and can grow whole forests with a thought. Deathstroke loses here IMO.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@XImpossibruX said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

Slade due to pimp slap

Fixed for you =)

Well, if he can do it to Wonder Woman .....

he can sure do it to them ........ lol

LOL

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Joygirl

Bumpz.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Deathstroke should win, but with extreme difficulty and lots of injuries.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jeanroygrant

@XImpossibruX said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

Slade due to pimp slap

Fixed for you =)

SavageBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SavageBeast
@Joygirl: Yeah, DS can beat these chicks with his eyes closed! :)
wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#16  Edited By wildvine

Why the hate? Ivy is pretty dangerous and Harley is no push-over.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Joygirl

Little bump for one last spin on the front page.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#18  Edited By wildvine

Bizump.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#19  Edited By Strafe Prower

Slade shouldn't be able to beat 3 by himself. Ivy alone could beat him IMO.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jorgevy

@Strafe Prower said:

Slade shouldn't be able to beat 3 by himself. Ivy alone could beat him IMO.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By lady_liberty

This is Ivy vs. Deathstroke.

Catwoman and Harley both die in gun/sword blitz from Slade.

Ivy's only chance is to stay far away from him, and try to overwhelm him with plant constructs. (He is smart enough to protect himself from her pheromones.)

This battle basically lasts as long as she can hide from him, and slow him down. She has no chance against him in combat at all, despite her enhanced abilities.

In the end though, she cannot take him down, and he can find her and take her down.

Slade for the win.

(Maybe for a more fair version remove Catwoman and Harley, and replace with Cassandra Cain.)

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#22  Edited By Strider1992

I'm going to say Sirens for a slim majority. Ivy is their MVP!

TehStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol at exploding into rainbows

Also I guess bump

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slade has a good chance. Most people back then picked one or the other and didn't debate..

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

Deathstroke. He chopped off someone's head in deathstroke #1 even when he had an army in front of him. Ivy's plants wont save her

TehStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, now that I have some free time I'll try to make a argument for Deathstroke

Since Slade is given prep I'm pretty sure he'd use it to try and come up with a way of taking Ivy out as soon as possible since she's the most dangerous one. That would be the most difficult since he can't snipe her from a distance since she's connected to the green and plants can give her information that someone's trying that, so he'd basically have to try to bypass her plants as quickly as possible and try not breath in her pheromones while trying to get as close to her as possible in order to put a bullet in her head or stab her with his sword, though it would be smarter to go with the former rather than the latter since Ivy could try to poison him at close distance. (While I'm nearly positive Slade is immune to all poisons I'm not sure, can someone confirm this for me?)

From left to right: Ivy's connection to the green allows her to communicate with plants and they can give her information, her pheromones are strong enough to turn The Riddler into a mindless drooling idiot, and she can give off deadly poisons at close range, and has a large variety she can use

That would be pretty difficult to overcome but I feel that Slade could. First I think that he is agile enough to bypass Ivy's plants without too much of a problem since they take time to grow and he has superhuman reflexes and senses and could get around them, plus if he is ever caught by one I think he is strong enough to rip through her vine's by sheer strength. Second he has a very strong willpower so I'm sure he could resist Ivy's pheromones, add in his enhanced brain and he'd probably always be aware of this and wouldn't let them take hold (he has commented that he is in control of every part of his body and that's why Ravager's precognition doesn't work on him). As soon Ivy's in his sight he pulls out a gun and takes her out.

In that first scan you see that Catwoman is agile enough to get around Ivy's plants and tag her, since Selina was agile enough to get around Ivy's plants, and Slade toys with someone just as agile, if not more so than her, Nightwing, I can conceivably see him getting around her plants. In that second scan Slade states he is in control of every molecule of his body, I think that he is strong enough to resist Ivy's pheromones. Lastly in that last scan you see he has a quick draw just as fast and accurate as Deadshot's, this should proof that as soon as Ivy's in Slade's sight's he would be able to finish her

That leaves Catwoman and Harley. Harley would probably be his next target because while not as skilled as Selina she is a Metahuman thanks to Ivy's serum. She would probably put up a fight, and may even get a lucky blow or two in, but Deathstroke's experience and superior combat tactics would eventually lead him to defeating Quinn. Finally, that only leaves Catwoman, and since Slade outclasses her in every way there is nothing she could do to stop him and she would eventually also be defeated.

In the end Slade gets a nice paycheck from Hush for getting rid of this "meddlesome trio".

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ends in *fill in the blank*

Deathstroke has a baby with poison Ivy and now you have a highly trained mercenary girl/boy with the powers of Ivy, have fun with that world.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

Ivy solos

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

3 days of Prep for Ivy. I see her solo'ing

TehStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Super_Buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fact that the team don't know who they're up against whereas Slade does, gives him the tactical advantage. If he's smart (which he is) he'd plan specifically for Ivy as his main priority whereas Catwoman and Quinn are just fodder.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see Slade sniping Ivy from a distance. After that he can handle Harley and cat woman.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ivy is mid tier with three days of growth. And Gotham Sirens Ivy would have plant sense from every plant in Gotham. And her vines are strong enough to tear down buildings.

People mention that Catwoman cold tag Isley when she attacked her with vines. But, they forget just how strong Ivy is In Terms of strength and speed. The only way Selina could beat Ivy was either plot or she is being written as metahuman on the sly. Similar to how Quinn and Ivy have feats that would make them able to dance around Batman's best shots casually, yet get wrecked in up close combat. This has happened too many times to just be plot. And Batman has far more impressive fighting feats.

TehStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TehStranger

@laflux: Do you have scans of Poison Ivy making multiple building sized plants and using them offensively?

And I don't mean these

In those scans she doesn't use them offensively, she's just sort of enraged and taking her anger out on some buildings. Plus I think that's the only time she's made plants of that size (though I'm not sure), most of the time they're just vine's that restrain people, or much smaller sized than that. Plus the sirens don't know who's coming for them, I think she'd have to be blood lusted in order to do that.

In any case what exactly would Ivy do with those plants? Drop them on him? He's probably fast enough to dodge them, and if he's not he could pull off some crazy comic book logic and use his sword to cut them apart, plus even if he doesn't get his uber staff he still has some pretty powerful explosives as part of his standard gear he could use. And if they grow from the bottom Slade is quick enough to side step them as well.

Slade's Promethium sword can easily cut through a car, if it can do that it should also be able to cleave through a plant. Also you see he can sidestep one of Starfire's Starbolt's (which not even Kid Flash could do), if the plants were to grow from the below him he could probably move out of the way before they got him. Also he has a pretty good strength feat in that scan of overpowering Donna Troy

Again I'll use my argument that if Catwoman is agile enough to bypass Ivy's plants, then Slade should be able to do it too, even if the plants are larger. As a matter of fact it would probably be easier if they were larger since it would be easier to get from one plant to another in order to reach her, it would be like a PS1 or N64 platforming game to him.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for howard_the-duck
Howard_The-Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@senglord said:

Ivy is mid tier with three days of growth. And Gotham Sirens Ivy would have plant sense from every plant in Gotham. And her vines are strong enough to tear down buildings.

People mention that Catwoman cold tag Isley when she attacked her with vines. But, they forget just how strong Ivy is In Terms of strength and speed. The only way Selina could beat Ivy was either plot or she is being written as metahuman on the sly. Similar to how Quinn and Ivy have feats that would make them able to dance around Batman's best shots casually, yet get wrecked in up close combat. This has happened too many times to just be plot. And Batman has far more impressive fighting feats.

lolwut?

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slade but not too easy. Ivy will be a problem.

dontevenblink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

the sirens are easy to underestimate, especially with three days prep, but none of them are bullet proof, so Slade could just as easily shoot them in the head. but the best option here is...

*ENDS IN SEX*

Avatar image for sirbaronobeefdip
SirBaronOBeefdip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SirBaronOBeefdip

The sirens beating the guy who defeated the JLA? Not happening.

Deathstroke with his bare hands.

transcendence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke very easily.

JamesJoseph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By rem

Sirens

Ivy could give slade some issues and catwoman could fight him for like 3 secounds while ivy tries to kill him.

Harley dies horribly though

deathstroke512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poison ivy with 3 days prep seems too much.She might even take it in a random encounter.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sirens for the majority.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poison ivy with 3 days prep seems too much.She might even take it in a random encounter.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poison Ivy solo stomps