• In character, but determined to win
  • Basic info, no prep
  • Win by death/incap/KO
  • Post Crisis/New 52/Rebirth for D.C.
  • Current 616 for Marvel
  • Standard gear

Fight in a unpopulated, neutral city street. Start 50 feet away in sight

First round

• Ikon armor (everyone has full knowledge of the suit)

Second round

• Nth metal armor

Gauntlet

1. Green Arrow
  2. Daredevil
  3. Batman
  4. Blade
  5. Deadpool
  6. Captain America
  7. Iron Fist
  8. Black Panther
  9. Midnighter
  10. Spider-Man (morals off)
#2 Posted by PyroFN (5925 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of order. He may clear, but I want to see others who know more about these characters than I.

#3 Posted by webinyoureye11 (5519 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Edited by Vertigo- (17683 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is Midnighter below the next 3?

OT: beats pretty much everyone but Midnighter, which is a stalemate due to the Ikon suit, and Midnighter is too fast for Slade. The only people who I can't speak of are Blade and Panther

#5 Posted by webinyoureye11 (5519 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackestnight93: well I wanted to learn about these characters, so I wasn't sure where to place him, what puts midnighter so high?

#6 Posted by Morpheus_ (34335 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is Midnighter below the next 3?

OT: beats pretty much everyone but Midnighter, which is a stalemate due to the Ikon suit, and Midnighter is too fast for Slade. The only people who I can't speak of are Blade and Panther

Plenty of people have hit even WS Midnighter, and most of them had no reaction feats to match Slade's.

#7 Edited by Vertigo- (17683 posts) - - Show Bio

@webinyoureye11: Speed, strength, pre cog, etc. He'd blitz pretty much this entire gauntlet 1v1. He'd curb Slade were it not for the Ikon suit

#8 Edited by Vertigo- (17683 posts) - - Show Bio

@morpheus_: but this isn't Wildstorm Middy, unless I'm misunderstanding the OP's intention.

#9 Edited by Morpheus_ (34335 posts) - - Show Bio

@morpheus_: but this isn't Wildstorm Middy

It states post-Crisis/N52/Rebirth, so I presume that applies for 'Nighter. And if this isn't WS Midnighter, all the worse since N52 Midnighter was being tagged by Dick Grayson, and N52 Midnighter doesn't have better reflex feats than post-Crisis Slade.

#10 Edited by Vertigo- (17683 posts) - - Show Bio
@morpheus_ said:
@blackestnight93 said:

It states post-Crisis/N52/Rebirth, so I presume that applies for 'Nighter. And if this isn't WS Midnighter, all the worse since N52 Midnighter was being tagged by Dick Grayson, and N52 Midnighter doesn't have better reflex feats than post-Crisis Slade.

I view the Dick Grayson instance as nothing more then an insane low showing, honestly. He has showings that support that he can casually blitz Grayson. As for New52 Midnighter not having better reaction feats, while I haven't seen everything for Slade, since I haven't read through all of his material, what I have seen puts him at superior levels, such outpacing a sniper bullet, and casually timing shots from Deadshot, but as I said, I haven't read all of his appearances, so I could be wrong

#11 Posted by Morpheus_ (34335 posts) - - Show Bio

@morpheus_ said:
@blackestnight93 said:

I view the Dick Grayson instance as nothing more then an insane low showing, honestly. He has showings that support that he can casually blitz Grayson. As for New52 Midnighter not having better reaction feats, while I haven't seen everything for Slade, since I haven't read through all of his material, what I have seen puts him at superior levels, such outpacing a sniper bullet, and casually timing shots from Deadshot

Tough to say whether it's a low showing or not since his fights against established opponents are few and far between. Outpacing a sniper bullet would put him at Mach speeds, so much like you regard Grayson tagging him a low showing, that sounds like an incredibly high showing. Timing shots from Deadshot is something Slade did against post-Crisis Deadshot while exhausted from being on the run from half the metahuman community on top of fighting Bronze Tiger. Slade had a gun fired from point blank range, dodged and reappeared behind the shooter before they realized what happened. Dodging bullets, deflecting bullets, you name it he's done it. And I won't touch absurd feats like matching CM3's Speed of Mercury, or responding to a blitz by Bart Allen by kicking him away and saying, "you're fast but I'm fast too."

#12 Edited by Vertigo- (17683 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackestnight93 said:
@morpheus_ said:
@blackestnight93 said:

I view the Dick Grayson instance as nothing more then an insane low showing, honestly. He has showings that support that he can casually blitz Grayson. As for New52 Midnighter not having better reaction feats, while I haven't seen everything for Slade, since I haven't read through all of his material, what I have seen puts him at superior levels, such outpacing a sniper bullet, and casually timing shots from Deadshot

Tough to say whether it's a low showing or not since his fights against established opponents are few and far between. Outpacing a sniper bullet would put him at Mach speeds, so much like you regard Grayson tagging him a low showing, that sounds like an incredibly high showing. Timing shots from Deadshot is something Slade did against post-Crisis Deadshot while exhausted from being on the run from half the metahuman community on top of fighting Bronze Tiger. Slade had a gun fired from point blank range, dodged and reappeared behind the shooter before they realized what happened. Dodging bullets, deflecting bullets, you name it he's done it. And I won't touch absurd feats like matching CM3's Speed of Mercury, or responding to a blitz by Bart Allen by kicking him away and saying, "you're fast but I'm fast too."

Honestly though, given his performances against a team including Bronze Tiger (havent seen much feats for him beyond his appearances in Deathstrokes second PF series) and Grifter (who was able to fight Midnighter himself in h2h during his new52 solo series) later on in Grayson, combined with his fights against Orphans and Prometheus in Batman & Robin: Eternal, and his own solo series respectfully, It's not out of the question for his showing against Dick in Grayson to be simply a low showing. I can understand not sharing my view, which is cool. I disagree on the sniper feat being a high showing, since he has bullet timing feats when he was in hell, when his computer was stated on panel not to work multiple times. If anything, his highest showing in speed is blitzing a speedster stated to be nearly as fast as the Flash. I'm not familiar with the Deadshot vs Slade feat you mentioned, although it sounds badass. Appreciate that. Could be wrong about Midnighter being too fast for Slade in hindsight

#13 Posted by Morpheus_ (34335 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackestnight93: It's cool, just trying to stir up some conversation since I quite like both characters. I'll have to track Midnighter's appearances in Batman & Robin Eternal since I gave up on it before he appeared, but I did read Midnighter & Apollo and he indeed has some great feats there.

#14 Edited by Vertigo- (17683 posts) - - Show Bio

@morpheus_: I'm a big fan of both myself. I heard that Warren Ellis is planning on bringing Midnighther and Apollo to The Wild Storm. He has clarified that they will be alternate versions to the ones in the current DCU though. Here's the link where I found it. I'm not sure if you've read it or not, but as someone who enjoyed Wildstorm comics, I like it. I also like how Ellis is the one writing it

#15 Posted by webinyoureye11 (5519 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Edited by Vertigo- (17683 posts) - - Show Bio

@webinyoureye11: might want to specify that Iron Fist has his connection to Kun Lun, as current Danny doesn't have that due to the events of his Living Weapon series, which his current solo series takes place after. Although he has the Fist in his Defenders run... so IDK whats up with that.

As for the order, I'd personally place Midnighter higher then Danny, as well as Peter, but that's just me

edit: I might be wrong on Danny. He tapped into his chi during his fight with The One in issue 5 of his solo series. His fists took on the typical glow of when he uses the Iron Fist

#17 Posted by Morpheus_ (34335 posts) - - Show Bio

@webinyoureye11: Things vary. For instance, Daredevil should probably be a few of spots higher, Deadpool a bit lower, and Green Arrow should be first. Even so, most of these characters lack the means of really hurting Slade in the Ikon suit. I don't know nearly as much about Blade to comment. Composite Midnighter (including his WS feats) should either be last or second to last.

@blackestnight93: I've picked up the first issue of the Wild Storm and found it enjoyable, yet not nearly on par with Ellis' other work. But since I dutifully read almost anything Ellis produces, I am bound to catch up with it at some point. Thanks for the link, that's good news.

#18 Posted by Vertigo- (17683 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for elijah_c_washington
#19 Posted by Elijah_C_Washington (4618 posts) - - Show Bio

This gauntlet would be much better without the Ikon suit.

Avatar image for deactivated-59825b95bcd1f
#20 Edited by deactivated-59825b95bcd1f (110 posts) - - Show Bio

he clears due to ikon suit , take it off and he definitely doesn't

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
#21 Posted by termiteone4ever (12780 posts) - - Show Bio

He clears lol no doubt .

#22 Posted by webinyoureye11 (5519 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-59825b95bcd1f
#23 Edited by deactivated-59825b95bcd1f (110 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Edited by theendgame (902 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil beat wade wilson.... and Slade is next

#25 Posted by Yarva (2937 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 5.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
#26 Posted by termiteone4ever (12780 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by PyroFN (5925 posts) - - Show Bio

@webinyoureye11: black panther is too high. Dead pool is too low due to his absurd healing factor that allows to reattach limbs, even with his head cut off. Batman has a lot more gadgetry to work with and uses his surroundings real well. Not to mention he has dealt with Slade before. It's not a clear win, but he has better advantages in tech than Panther.

I can't speak for all of the characters, which is why I'd rather wait for others thoughts than give a clear answer.

#28 Posted by DanielDaRipper (5299 posts) - - Show Bio

#29 Posted by chuckwolf (924 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 8... a morals off Spider-man would tear Slade to shreds

#30 Edited by Elijah_C_Washington (4618 posts) - - Show Bio

@webinyoureye11: Nth Metal was inconsistent. He could stop at Black Panther, but he isn't getting past Spider-Man. I'd say there's a good chance that he'd beat Iron Fist, though. Midnighter, on the other hand, has already dented the stuff, but Slade can still pull a few wins.

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
#31 Posted by blackpantherisb (6951 posts) - - Show Bio

Panther should be above Danny and he stops hard at T'challa

#32 Posted by Warlockmage (9050 posts) - - Show Bio

stops hard at Black Panther who should be above Danny.

#33 Posted by Elijah_C_Washington (4618 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by ANTHP2000 (25761 posts) - - Show Bio

Clears with Ikon Suit imo.

Stops at 7, 8, 9 without it and I don't know much about Midnighter to judge.

#35 Posted by Warlockmage (9050 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by lubub55 (12877 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by Elijah_C_Washington (4618 posts) - - Show Bio

@lubub55: It's hard to say with a complete composite version, let alone with Nth Metal added on top of that. However, if I were to break it down to my liking...

New Earth (Pre/Post-Crisis) Slade: T'Challa takes this, but it's a lot closer of a fight than people might be willing to admit. It really does depend on arguments, but I personally don't think his Promethium sword, armor and blast stick can really stack up to T'Challa's own gear. Anti-metal claws are a hard counter to all of that, let alone the vibranium suit. Superior skill, to whatever extent, doesn't hurt his odds, either.

Prime Earth (New-52/DC-You/Rebirth; no Nth Metal or Ikon): I think this Slade holds strength and speed over T'Challa's head, depending on how much credence you give to T'Challa's feats against Spider-Man and Iron Fist (Wolverine showings are kinda besides the point). He also has the skill to keep up, albeit outclassed when it comes to pressure points and nerve strikes. With the Promethium sword he's been using in Priest's run I can see him taking a majority.

That about answer your question?

#38 Posted by lubub55 (12877 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for blackpantherisb
#39 Posted by blackpantherisb (6951 posts) - - Show Bio

@elijah_c_washington: BP has tech that could put him down quick, and due to the suit will be much harder to damage, couple that with superior skills and better stats along with claws that can one shot Slade and BP should take a comfortable win.

#40 Posted by Elijah_C_Washington (4618 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by Warlockmage (9050 posts) - - Show Bio

ok a few things..

why even include the Ikon suit? thats spite

why is Iron Fist above a morals of Spider-Man (seriously morals off Peter would shit stomp danny in a rather epic fashion)

this thread is starting to feel like a bait thread now