Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BodyFlicker999
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Who is going to win next Death Battle on Nov 27 and why?

Cbarlion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This cannot be real....

OT: Asta negs the verse

Avatar image for deactivated-63e67217679cb
deactivated-63e67217679cb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asta negs this fight and probably solos their whole verse until they get some insane powerups

loldino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asta takes out even Movie Izuku ounless they lowball asta heavily this will be a stomp

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@loldino said:

Asta takes out even Movie Izuku ounless they lowball asta heavily this will be a stomp

Movie Deku is just canon Deku, each movie has been confirmed to be canon by the author and has had manga tie ins.

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't there a viner who used to argue for FTL Deku with country plus scaling?

Feel like this would be his time to shine

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Chronicplane
@killianduclark said:

Wasn't there a viner who used to argue for FTL Deku with country plus scaling?

Feel like this would be his time to shine

DB's going to likely have Deku at FTL and continental or more.

OT: Putting aside the debating scene, after skim reading the connections these two have I'm warming up to this MU. Like a modern anime shonen protagonist episode given both Black Clover and MHA came out around the same time iirc.

LordTwigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chronicplane:

The connection between Deku and Asta is flimsy in my opinion as it's just two shonen protagonist who want to be the best in their universe.

A much better match up is Meliodas vs Asta. Both come from magical world. Both have magic cancelling abilities. Both are mostly physical fighters. Both have links to demons. Both are obessesed with holy women etc

No Caption Provided

Uncannyrewind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deku solos the verse

CryoLancer47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chronicplane:

The connection between Deku and Asta is flimsy in my opinion as it's just two shonen protagonist who want to be the best in their universe.

A much better match up is Meliodas vs Asta. Both come from magical world. Both have magic cancelling abilities. Both are mostly physical fighters. Both have links to demons. Both are obessesed with holy women etc

No Caption Provided

Couldn't agree more. Meli is a far more fair fight, and far faster than someone like Deku. At least he stands a better chance against Asta.

Although I am interested on how far they'll take Deku in this DB. Will they wank him to FTL+ with Multi-continental AP/DC?

Since they're going to use him. That means he actually has a chance of winning the Death Battle. Despite how a fight between Asta & Deku would realistically go due to the massive gap between them.

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chronicplane:

No Caption Provided

https://www.reddit.com/r/DeathBattleMatchups/comments/yitq4a/izuku_midoriya_vs_asta_my_hero_academia_vs_asta/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Eh this thread suggests me otherwise, even one of the researchers came out and said they decided to do this because it's most closest and thematic match for him.

Also though said they ultimately did do this one because they liked it the most, one of them said Meliodas makes him feel uncomfortable due to his relationship with an underage person and how the universe treats it as okay, but I digress as this wasn't the deciding factor apparently but just something to note.

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordtwigo said:

@chronicplane:

No Caption Provided

Couldn't agree more. Meli is a far more fair fight, and far faster than someone like Deku. At least he stands a better chance against Asta.

Although I am interested on how far they'll take Deku in this DB. Will they wank him to FTL+ with Multi-continental AP/DC?

Since they're going to use him. That means he actually has a chance of winning the Death Battle. Despite how a fight between Asta & Deku would realistically go due to the massive gap between them.

You're saying that in the very same season where they've done mismatches like Omni-Man vs Homelander, Thor vs Vegeta and Spongebob vs SF Aquaman. They've said stomp matches doesn't stop it from becoming an episode if the connections, themes, animation potentional, entertainment value is there. Korra vs Storm and Shadow vs Ryuko exist.

As for where they'll have him, well the last time they used an character that's in the upper echelons of MHA's power levels was All Might which being a few years ago had him at small country level and MHS iirc. And that was a few years ago.

If you've been around DB long enough there's this meme where when a character/series comes back on the show after a period of time they usually get upgraded stronger than there last appearance, or better known as the Thor meme.....

No Caption Provided

They're going to scale Deku to All Might and Shigaraki it's quite possible they'll have him much higher lol.

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

numbersmatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feel like they're gonna decide the victor by their abilities and not their stats cause they're gonna put them in similar speed and ap/dc levels.

LordTwigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By LordTwigo

@chronicplane:

They've had Hal Jordan on the show before. And he's done stuff like this

No Caption Provided

Same for Lex Luthor and the underage supergirl

No Caption Provided

I'm also sure they'll inevitably do an episode on Rimuru Tempest, Makima or Rudeus Greyrat due to popularity. And all of them have done inappropriate things to minors

FangDaNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should have been Gon vs Deku

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Gon will be put against Kid Goku and still die lol

advent_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruh Deku at best is city lvl MHS lol

Avatar image for deactivated-6383203f17dcd
deactivated-6383203f17dcd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This should not be fair at all.

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Not mine. I'm pretty hyped for it(no nothing of Black Clover but I'm interested in it)

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deku would blitz and one shot Gon so not really.

What's Asta's AP like? I only know he's LS/FTL but I bet DB will make Deku FTL too based on the laser dodging feat.

Funguy31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asta should win pretty easily, I wished they waited a bit before using either of them because the mha manga is going to end soon, and Black Clover final arc just started.

Uncannyrewind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-6466bbc8709dc
deactivated-6466bbc8709dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Stolen from discord

Avatar image for deactivated-6383203f17dcd
deactivated-6383203f17dcd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FTL Deku incoming…

Uncannyrewind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FTL Deku incoming…

*Based scaling incoming

No Caption Provided

HaremPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By HaremPolice

What kind of matchup is this? Weaker characters than Asta blitz and negs the verse…. no amount of wank for Deku is going to change that one bit….

CryoLancer47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cryolancer47 said:
@lordtwigo said:

@chronicplane:

No Caption Provided

You're saying that in the very same season where they've done mismatches like Omni-Man vs Homelander, Thor vs Vegeta and Spongebob vs SF Aquaman. They've said stomp matches doesn't stop it from becoming an episode if the connections, themes, animation potentional, entertainment value is there. Korra vs Storm and Shadow vs Ryuko exist.

As for where they'll have him, well the last time they used an character that's in the upper echelons of MHA's power levels was All Might which being a few years ago had him at small country level and MHS iirc. And that was a few years ago.

If you've been around DB long enough there's this meme where when a character/series comes back on the show after a period of time they usually get upgraded stronger than there last appearance, or better known as the Thor meme.....

No Caption Provided

They're going to scale Deku to All Might and Shigaraki it's quite possible they'll have him much higher lol.

Yeah, I'm aware of DB's tendency of absurdly wanking certain characters, and putting other characters (Homelander being the best example of this) against people who realistically solostomp the entire verse. But that doesn’t stop them from making a fight, just because of some similarities.

But it did provide us with great memes. The Thor one being a great example of this. As well as meme-tier versions of certain characters like Death Battle Superman for example.

Anyway, can't wait for Continental++ FTL Deku.

CryoLancer47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By CryoLancer47
@harempolice said:

What kind of matchup is this? Weaker characters than Asta blitz and negs the verse…. no amount of wank for Deku is going to change that one bit….

No Caption Provided

MFTL+++++++++ Deku will half-shot.

Dread it. Run from it. The Death Battle wank arrives in the end.

It's inevitable.

Uncannyrewind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@harempolice:

no amount of wank for Deku is going to change that one bit….

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for chris2kzombieki
chris2kzombieki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cryolancer47: Just saying the Homelander fight was supposed to be a stomp, they didn't hide it either. If they wanted people to believe it was a fair match up they would have tried harder.

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just hoping the episode is overall good and entertaining, then it'll be at least an 7-8 for me. Yeah it's going age like milk so hard the moment it airs but ah well cool fight regardless.

Kajin_Style

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus, this is bad match up. omg.

Poor Deku. :(

Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deku actually might have a chance.

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@edgelord91: yep since they like to use composite characters deku does some crazy stuff in the movies not sure about the games but if they over the top like the storm games they will use that as well

Astaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No idea what the outcome will be until it happens but if we actually compared the two, no contest Asta slaughters

Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edgelord91: I was referring to the common anti argument that we can't scale asta's physicals to magical AP.

Plus deku new power is forcibly slowing down his opponent? Speed is not winning this

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they include Dekus final quirk he can win this

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly doubt Izuku will lose

Ones_and_Twos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edgelord91: how fast is Deku and how much can he slow someone down? Also doesn't he need to touch someone to slow them down?

Avatar image for deactivated-6466bbc8709dc
deactivated-6466bbc8709dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

InfinityMatrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asta is way too fast for Deku.

Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ones_and_twos: MHS probably. FTL with wank.

I don't know about the touching thing.

OT- I still say asta wins handily because of dimension slash just that deku can actually put up a fight

Ones_and_Twos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edgelord91: Asta doesn't have Dimension Slash. That move is Yami's specialty. You are probably confusing it for this:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

rizaadxn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asta will obviously win regardless of whatever wank they come up with for Deku.

These types of mismatches are just made to create to most engagement possible. It's easy for them to decide who the winner is and you'll have thousands of people stating the obvious in the comments of the video and talking about it on other platforms.

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blannis: your deathbattle thread has already been made

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has Asta actually gotten any feats above island level? Asking cause there have already been feats 100% Deku can scale to at that level, and the spoilers for the most recent chapter….. may be higher than that