The team takes this but Vitiate still dies

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By dark-sith123

Either the team forces a melee engagement or Sidious creates a wide enough gap and kills them.

Problem is, Vitiate isn't a duelist and TOR people have always been lackluster in that area of combat.

Still undecided, would like to hear concrete arguments for both sides.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sidious stomps. This team isn't touching him.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team wins. Too many powerhouses.

Avatar image for in-sidiousvader
In-sidiousvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Force storm obliterates them

Beanzzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sheev dies.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My first question to all those who think the team wins is this: how do they even kill Palpatine? We have already seen him tank his own Force lightning to the face without any issues (no, the disfigurement at the hands of Windu wasn't due to the damage the lightning was causing him, but rather he intentionally dropped his alchemical mask to reveal his true face; the monster is what he had looked like for decades beneath the surface), and since he is the most powerful person here and can't even hurt himself, it's pretty much confirmed no one on the team will be doing any damage to him with elemental attacks. But how about extended barrages? Well, we have already seen Starkiller fail miserably at inflicting life-threatening damage to Vader with lightning even while rage-amped, and this Palpatine is leaps and bounds ahead of TFU II Vader, and Starkiller is the most powerful lightning user of the team (yes, I'm including Failkorion in that), so one simply has to connect the dots and come to the realization that the Emperor will simply be walking through absolutely every attack the team can throw at him without taking the slightest bit - not even the most microbial scratch - of damage in the process. And if they do somehow destroy his mortal body, he will still linger on a spirit and retain all the power of his physical self with the added benefit of being untouchable by conventional abilities like lightning. So my initial question remains: how does this team kill him?

Now for offense. We have already seen the Emperor "mortally wound" Darth Vader with lightning in Return of the Jedi, and since this iteration is much, much more powerful than that one, it is likely he could outright one-shot him here. And since Vader is by far the most powerful member of the team (defer here if you don't believe me), the Emperor can one-shot every other team member as well - and that's not even taking into account that his lightning travels so fast no one here can even react to its movements, so he doesn't even need to penetrate their Force defences proper, but rather he can simply speedblitz them with it. So all it would take for him to win this battle is a total of six bolts of lightning, and that's it. Anything else is overkill.

If you want proof for any claim that I have made, ask and I will provide.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And so the argument has come.

I'm siding with Palpatine.

Dawn_of_Ages

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AotD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

team wins without much trouble i guess

Dawn_of_Ages

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aotd: Based on? Az already presented a case for Sheev.

AotD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dawn_of_ages: team has force powerhouses and lightsaber dueling masters - Sidious can`t focus and counter both sides at the same time in battle

Vitisid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Of course DE Sidious.

Dawn_of_Ages

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aotd:

All of that is addressed here. In case you missed it:

My first question to all those who think the team wins is this: how do they even kill Palpatine? We have already seen him tank his own Force lightning to the face without any issues (no, the disfigurement at the hands of Windu wasn't due to the damage the lightning was causing him, but rather he intentionally dropped his alchemical mask to reveal his true face; the monster is what he had looked like for decades beneath the surface), and since he is the most powerful person here and can't even hurt himself, it's pretty much confirmed no one on the team will be doing any damage to him with elemental attacks. But how about extended barrages? Well, we have already seen Starkiller fail miserably at inflicting life-threatening damage to Vader with lightning even while rage-amped, and this Palpatine is leaps and bounds ahead of TFU II Vader, and Starkiller is the most powerful lightning user of the team (yes, I'm including Failkorion in that), so one simply has to connect the dots and come to the realization that the Emperor will simply be walking through absolutely every attack the team can throw at him without taking the slightest bit - not even the most microbial scratch - of damage in the process. And if they do somehow destroy his mortal body, he will still linger on a spirit and retain all the power of his physical self with the added benefit of being untouchable by conventional abilities like lightning. So my initial question remains: how does this team kill him?

Now for offense. We have already seen the Emperor "mortally wound" Darth Vader with lightning in Return of the Jedi, and since this iteration is much, much more powerful than that one, it is likely he could outright one-shot him here. And since Vader is by far the most powerful member of the team (defer here if you don't believe me), the Emperor can one-shot every other team member as well - and that's not even taking into account that his lightning travels so fast no one here can even react to its movements, so he doesn't even need to penetrate their Force defences proper, but rather he can simply speedblitz them with it. So all it would take for him to win this battle is a total of six bolts of lightning, and that's it. Anything else is overkill.

AotD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dawn_of_ages: most of these "proofs" are nothing but only indirect speculation, also EU Sidious is overrated as hell.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2da11a5ead7
deactivated-5b2da11a5ead7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Exar Kun solos :)

PenguinLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team. Sheev has been put on this unbeatable pedestal on Comicvine and it's kind of disappointing.

Dawn_of_Ages

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aotd: No one cares even if you think he's underrated. That's completely besides the point. Being "overrated as hell" doesn't invalidate the argument. Debunk it or concede.

Avatar image for in-sidiousvader
In-sidiousvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger said:

I completely agree but I have seen you use the "Lightsaber strikes are fleabites" argument many times and I want to know why you think Sidious is immune to lightsaber attacks..

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Azronger

@aotd: It's not "indirect speculation"; every claim I made is supported by facts straight from the source material. Ask and I will provide proof.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penguinlover: Feel free to tackle my post. Until someone actually addresses the arguments in favor of Sheev, complaining about his rightly-earned position won't accomplish anything.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@in-sidiousvader: You could scale him from Bane who could deflect lightsaber blades with full body Force barriers. You could also argue that his lightning is more potent than lightsaber plasma, so given that Sidious tanked his own lightning to the face, you could conclude he can also tank lightsaber blades to the face. Although both of these arguments do have their problems.

PenguinLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger: I’ll give it a try soon. I don’t spend much time debating anymore so it probably won’t amount to much, but I’ll do my best.

AotD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aotd: No one cares even if you think he's underrated. That's completely besides the point. Being "overrated as hell" doesn't invalidate the argument. Debunk it or concede.

and i don`t care if some people will continue to put him in the league he don`t belongs and make him stronger than he actually is.

Dawn_of_Ages

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aotd: Concession accepted. Team dies ?

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aotd: Present arguments or concede.

Hope_w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Hope_w

Sheev tanking a saber from Yoda like a 'flea bite'? I mean its a certain point where you take scaling where rationality has to come in otherwise youre just DBZing it.

Edit: now that I look at it, outside of Yoda and Vader this team has no considerable coverage. Everyone else besides Kun gets oneshotted, Kun gets two shotted.

AotD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dawn_of_Ages

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aotd: Which is based on a presented argument not just the opposition being "overrated as hell."

Dawn_of_Ages

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader isn't doing shit. Sidious was completely unfazed by Oneness Starkiller's 00ber kamikaze attack, was shown to be capable of nearly one-shotting the latter and already pushed Vader's shit in from across the galaxy by merely entering his mind. All the while being pre-prime.

AotD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dawn_of_ages: argument? what argument? about Sidious such strong that walking aroung the team and one-shotting them? lol that`s not argument - that`s fanboy-ism

Dawn_of_Ages

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Dawn_of_Ages

@aotd: Except he's already one-shot more than one member of the team, while millions of light years away, no less. Your concession has already been accepted ?

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger: Starkiller already beat Sheev.

He could do it again with the team.

AotD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aotd: Your concession has already been accepted ?

okay as u wish, keep praying to the almighty Palpatine :DDD

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So the arguments against Palpatine amount to "he's overrated" and "Sidious wank".

No wonder people actually think Palpatine wins.

Dawn_of_Ages

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: Sure he did. Prolly why he got stomped in the DS ending and his most powerful attack left Sheev unfazed. But lets ignore that.

Dawn_of_Ages

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aotd: Praise backed up by an argument instead of just whining how the opposition is overrated or pulling the bias card.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: Starkiller beat a Sheev who threw the fight, and then lost to the Sheev who went all-out.

And no, this team isn't doing squat. And I actually have reasoning and facts behind my claim.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Jmarshmallow

@azronger: Sheev throwing the fight is a fan-theory at best.

I also have reasoning and facts behind my claim.

Dawn_of_Ages

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: Except it's main purpose is to show what would happen had Marek done otherwise. And there's no reason for the characters' respective powers to fluctuate.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dawn_of_ages: In Star Wars, a series where your Force orientation determines your power, that logic doesn’t hold up.

Dawn_of_Ages

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: And that's relevant here how? Doesn't change the fact that there's absolutely no reason for the power levels to suddenly change between the two endings.

NickFlix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yoda puts up a good fight on his own, add in Kun and Revan and they win

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers