• 107 results
#1 Posted by The_Kidd (12165 posts) - - Show Bio

Random Encounter

Standard Gear

In Character

Win by Any Means

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
#2 Posted by FirestormFate1919 (6217 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus wins handily, by being somehow less featless than Odin.

He was blowing Apokoliptian Ships to smithereens, seperated the Unity with a single lightning bolt, defeated a Prime Ares (the one Diana fought was a shell of his original power), and in an incredibly weakened state created an island and the Amazons.

#3 Edited by mrmonster (15568 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus based on feats. Even if we count what we've heard about Odin (ie battling the frost giants) his feats still wouldn't be as great as Zeus's.

I have to say that one of my only big complaints about the MCU is that (Ragnarok spoilers) Odin never had a single feat, not even in Thor: Ragnarok. We've heard about his battles over the years, but never, not even once, did we see them, not even in a flashback. And now, he's dead, and we'll never get to see him in action.

#4 Posted by jayc1324 (26431 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin didn't do anything. He supposedly conquered the nine realms and beat Surtur but we didn't see it

#5 Posted by Heatforce (6268 posts) - - Show Bio

I' think Zeus. Beating Surtur is a country level feat and iirc, Odin's strongest.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1b904cb13da
#6 Posted by deactivated-5a1b904cb13da (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin has never done anything imprrssive on screen.

#7 Edited by SUNMAN (8588 posts) - - Show Bio

All Odin did was depower Thor and banish him to earth. We also see him get tricked/enchanted by Loki.

We see maybe 8 seconds of Zeus, and get some lightning action on the mother boxes and steppenwolf. We also know he got killed by Ares

#8 Posted by Amcu (16903 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither have many feats but I think Zeus has the better feats. Odin is supposed to be powerful but he hasn't done much.

#9 Posted by Zuriel-el (3235 posts) - - Show Bio

zeus

#10 Posted by KingFrieza (1481 posts) - - Show Bio

The one that supposedly beat surtur should win... but might not since don’t know how he beat him.

#11 Edited by deltahuman (4985 posts) - - Show Bio

The one who supposedly created Humanity, discredited centuries worth of Darwinism and looks like an actual God.

No Caption Provided

#12 Posted by WastelandMan (8810 posts) - - Show Bio

They both mostly have implied power going for them instead of on-screen feats.

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
#13 Edited by DarkPsychicLord_Prime (4115 posts) - - Show Bio

What we saw of Odin in the MCU was an old, dying version of him. But in Ragnarok it was revealed that Odin was really powerful in his prime, after all he was the God of War. When Asgard was in a conquering phase, Odin and Hela took over countless planets. Before that, he defeated prime Surtur, the same who destroyed Asgard. When Hela became too powerful and he became "soft", he also defeated her and sealed her away. Even in the first Thor movie he easily removed Thor's powers and took away mjolnir. So Odin doesn't have a lack of feats, he has enough to beat Zeus, that is if he's in his prime. Even though they are not on-screen feats, they are still valid because we have numerous statements from the characters he defeated, and the one from Hela about conquering the nine realms.

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
#14 Posted by RudeBomberBoy01 (4550 posts) - - Show Bio

Comicvine logic = MCU Cap has more on screen feats than Odin, therefore he should also be able to beat him... duh!

#15 Posted by DammeFavour (8466 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
#16 Posted by RudeBomberBoy01 (4550 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour: It's an obvious exaggeration made to parody the silly logic being used in this thread. "Zeus should win because he has more on screen feats".... when they're both as featless as each other and are only powerful through implied power/respect/tales.

#17 Posted by StormShadow_X (16772 posts) - - Show Bio

Comicvine logic = MCU Cap has more on screen feats than Odin, therefore he should also be able to beat him... duh!

No one is saying that. Debate against it if you believe otherwise

On topic: Don't remember much of Odin save for statments and zeus was pretty impressive for the little time he had on screen that were pretty impressive.

I think its implied that Odin beat Surtur in an all out fight with no tricks but there's no way of knowing. I'll say Zeus by what feats we've seen but by Hype Odin

#18 Posted by Erkan12 (8435 posts) - - Show Bio

The guy who can beat Surtur and banish Hela and Thor from the realm.

#19 Posted by Richard96 (5799 posts) - - Show Bio

Stop making battles between featless characters

#20 Posted by arqe (792 posts) - - Show Bio

What we saw of Odin in the MCU was an old, dying version of him. But in Ragnarok it was revealed that Odin was really powerful in his prime, after all he was the God of War. When Asgard was in a conquering phase, Odin and Hela took over countless planets. Before that, he defeated prime Surtur, the same who destroyed Asgard. When Hela became too powerful and he became "soft", he also defeated her and sealed her away. Even in the first Thor movie he easily removed Thor's powers and took away mjolnir. So Odin doesn't have a lack of feats, he has enough to beat Zeus, that is if he's in his prime. Even though they are not on-screen feats, they are still valid because we have numerous statements from the characters he defeated, and the one from Hela about conquering the nine realms.

Yeah but when you go with that logic this happens ;

Odin and Hela took over countless planets, yes but what planets ? Who are the aliens ? Are they formidable ? Since almost all alien races we saw in MCU are inferior to Thor or Hulk which both of them are inferior to Wonder Woman which she is not even on the same league as Superman who worked really hard to separate the mother boxes with Cyborgs help yet Zeus was able to do it with lightning and without a problem.

Also Steppenwolf ( i'm gonna say when he was on his prime ) swoop the land with Atlanteans, Amazonians, Human tribes, a Green Lantern and some of the Old Gods yet got stopped by again Zeus.

So Zeus's lightning in terms of power is really close or more powerful or equal to Superman when you look at what he accomplished.

And i don't think Superman could face a trouble when he wants to take over planets on MCU side. Also we know Asgardian's are not literal God's. They are just very powerful alien race yet worshipped by humans tens of thousands of years ago.

But Zeus is an actual god who created humans etc.

By showings and myths around them --- DCEU Zeus > MCU Odin.

#21 Posted by DonWayneII (529 posts) - - Show Bio

off topic, does anyone have an explanation as to why ares was tall and big in JL but looked different in ww?

#22 Edited by arqe (792 posts) - - Show Bio

@donwayneii: Olympian's are "famous" for shapeshifting into different figures.

Probably that ? Also played by 2 different people and he needed go BIG for the event in JL ? :D

#23 Edited by ManCalledNova (196 posts) - - Show Bio

Featless skyfathers are featless

#24 Edited by The_Kidd (12165 posts) - - Show Bio

@donwayneii: But didn't Ares tower over Diana in the final battle.

#25 Posted by Heatforce (6268 posts) - - Show Bio

@donwayneii: I consider it prime ares. He was weakened after he fought Zeus.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
#26 Posted by deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00 (10000 posts) - - Show Bio

They're both featless characters, what are you guys on about?

#27 Posted by Transformaa (1078 posts) - - Show Bio

We need to see more of Zues..Even tho he was pure badass! Dude looked more like Hercules than Zues, which is even more badass!

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
#28 Edited by DarkPsychicLord_Prime (4115 posts) - - Show Bio

@arqe: I can agree that we don't know how powerful the civilizations in those planets were, but we have seen in Guardians of the Galaxy civilizations like the nova corps, the sovereigns, etc. All very advanced societies, so is very possible that the ones that Hela and Odin conquered were very powerful. But i'm not really basing his superiority to Zeus on his conquest, is his magic that is powerful, he created Mjolnir and enchanted it, making it impossible to wield to those not worthy of it, it's also able to travel at almost lightspeed to get back to it's owner. The Odinforce is also the energy that powers Asgard, all it's weapons and vehicles, as well as the bifrost, a bridge capable of transporting things at mftl speeds. This is suported by the fact that he can use dark magic to send Thor from Asgard to Earth when the bifrost was destroyed. And also when it's released, it can wipe out the surface of a planet, given time. He also has some of sort of omniscience, when he droped a tear when Thor almost died. He also has Astral projection he displayed in Ragnarok when talking to Thor. And imo his most impressive feats are defeating prime Surtur who's above anything se saw in the DCEU and Hela. I find them more impressive than defeating Ares or separating the mother boxes, not only because he didn't die by defeating Surtur, but also because he sealed Hela in Hel and Surtur in Musphelim, and Hela wasn't able to come back until Odin died.

Odin is not by much above Zeus, but i find his (although not on-screen) feats more impressive than Zeus's.

#29 Posted by The_Magister (14271 posts) - - Show Bio

CW Wild Dog one-shots both, he has more feats.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
#30 Edited by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus wins from somehow having more feats despite being in a movie for only 20 seconds lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5b728068f211c
#32 Posted by deactivated-5b728068f211c (7069 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin is played by Anthony, therefore he stomps.

#33 Posted by TonyMartial (9715 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus wins from somehow having more feats despite being in a movie for only 20 seconds lol

#34 Posted by ODIN619360 (2612 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by KanyeCosby (7174 posts) - - Show Bio

Battle of who is more featless.

#36 Posted by xZone (10346 posts) - - Show Bio

@kanyecosby: Lol yes. However, Odin does have a few feats (not shown on screen so we gotta take it with a grain of salt)

Defeated prime Surter

Imprisoned Hela

A few more, but meh, we never saw them happen so

#37 Posted by EmpressOfDread (12367 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Zeus is actually played by Sergi Constance who has somewhat power lifting level feats.

Loading Video...

#38 Posted by Britain (352 posts) - - Show Bio

MCU Odin stomps hard

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
#39 Posted by xMangog__Beastx (4726 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody.

#40 Edited by bringmethanos (200 posts) - - Show Bio

The one that supposedly beat surtur should win... but might not since don’t know how he beat him.

Avatar image for deutschkurzhaar
#41 Posted by DeutschKurzhaar (1429 posts) - - Show Bio

If this has any correlation to Greek and Norse mythology, then Zeus stomps, he cannot die, Odin can in fact die. Sorry I’m a bit of a nerd with mythology’s, But if the creators changed it so both could die or whatever they did then my bad.

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
#42 Posted by RampageTheFirst (7691 posts) - - Show Bio

The one that actually has on-panel feats.

#43 Posted by Rajjar (1924 posts) - - Show Bio

bump.

No Caption Provided

#44 Posted by tethadam (551 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully we get to see Zeus in Shazam and get feats.

Avatar image for sexybayonetta22
#45 Posted by SexyBayonetta22 (2379 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: ok and Zeus one shoted planet surface lvl Motherboxes, warped reality on global scale creating mankind and amazons. Fought Ares who stomped rest of Pantheon. Created magic island covered with unbreakable illusion fulk of godly materials and weapons ( actually he did it on screen all of those feats ) so Zeus wins to me

#46 Posted by HulkBusterx9 (1536 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus has little feats. Odin conquered the nine realms. My money is on Odin.

Avatar image for davidharewood14
#47 Posted by DavidHarewood14 (1479 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok but on screen Zeus created humnity with hand shake ( also Amazons ) one shoted multicontinental Mother Boxes, took down Ares who stomped entire Pantheon ( i know it was featless ) and created Themescira full of godly materials and weapons.

#48 Posted by Scipio123 (641 posts) - - Show Bio

@rajjar: What's that from?

Is it one of the MCU tie-ins?

#49 Posted by Amcu (16903 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd back Odin.

If were going to go by hype Odin has better hype combat wise. If were going by feats Zeus has decent lightning but Odin has Gungir which one shotted Thor and vaporized Laufey. Odin also has shown to transmute beings into other beings as he changed Thor into a human and changed Loki into an Asgardian.

#50 Posted by HulkBusterx9 (1536 posts) - - Show Bio

@hulkbusterx9 said:

Ok but on screen Zeus created humnity with hand shake ( also Amazons ) one shoted multicontinental Mother Boxes, took down Ares who stomped entire Pantheon ( i know it was featless ) and created Themescira full of godly materials and weapons.

Odin conquered nine different planets and is King of a class 3 civilization :/