This topic is locked from further discussion.

#401 Posted by Defiant_Will (1185 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh me oh my. This is why I only debate in CaVs

Avatar image for theoneabovelife
#402 Posted by TheOneAboveLife (1168 posts) - - Show Bio

@takenstew22: 1. The mods won’t care.

2. Understandable, but you should know what bait is.

#403 Posted by Reap_ii (406 posts) - - Show Bio

@reap_ii: He will punch or throw Ben up instead.

Impossible since Superman has never shown striking or throwing an object at those levels. I see no way for him to bfr Ben. Last thing he wants to do is grapple with Ben in an attempt to fly him into space but that's his only option to bfr since he has no feats to suggest he could strike or throw Ben far enough for a bfr.

#404 Posted by TakenStew22 (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@theoneabovelife:

1. IIRC the rules state that if you semi-censor the curse word it's acceptable.

2. I see.

#405 Edited by IPvMan (866 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebestofthebest:

Unlike Steppenwolf, Thing isn't a fodder.

No, he's just a 616 mid-tier. I highly doubt that since Superman can casually back hand materials that tank re-entry and black holes and one shot terraforming machines while weakened.

Those punches won't even faze him, he'd laugh at them and he may not be able to outright tag Superman, but he will eventually and then this happens:

I don't see that happening either with Thing's laughably slow speed feats.

Edit: You're still misusing the term NLF, lmao. I'm still waiting for those striking feats for Superman that says he can hurt Ben.

I'm still waiting for that durability feat that puts Ben so far beyond Superman he can't be hurt him. Feel free to show it. Claiming Superman can't hurt Thing when Luke Cage punches have knocked his head back isn't exactly convincing. And I'm still waiting for that incredible speed feat that means he can ever lay a finger on Clark.

Avatar image for theoneabovelife
#406 Posted by TheOneAboveLife (1168 posts) - - Show Bio

@takenstew22: 1. I doubt that. Last time I checked it was still against it.

2. Bait.

#407 Posted by Joker567892 (186 posts) - - Show Bio

@ipvman: He tanked a Nuke with no issues, Superman got hit by a Nuke and nearly died...while in space....

That is easily above anything Superman has done durabilty wise, stop wanking Supes.

#408 Posted by BladeOfFury (3208 posts) - - Show Bio

@reap_ii said:
@bladeoffury said:

@reap_ii: He will punch or throw Ben up instead.

Impossible since Superman has never shown striking or throwing an object at those levels. I see no way for him to bfr Ben. Last thing he wants to do is grapple with Ben in an attempt to fly him into space but that's his only option to bfr since he has no feats to suggest he could strike or throw Ben far enough for a bfr.

No, Clark doesn't have to punch Thing to space in one shot, he can keep bullrushing him repeatedly, like he did to Doomsday.

Loading Video...

#409 Posted by HulkBusterx9 (1538 posts) - - Show Bio

@toratorn: Didn’t Ben get clocked by Luke Cage or something? I think I saw that somewhere, i’m not sure.

#410 Posted by Reap_ii (406 posts) - - Show Bio

@bladeoffury: show the entire scene please. You will see he is pushing doomsday from the back most of the way up. Ben wont just stay prone like Doomsday. He would thunderclap and quickly end any bfr attempt.

#411 Posted by Toratorn (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@hulkbusterx9: the closest thing to Luke "clocking" Ben happened in last issue of Bendis' New Avengers, where Luke punched Ben away from Avengers Mansion. Ben was back after a couple of pages and nothing indicated that he was hurt, but I've seen people use that scan to claim that "Luke Cage one-shot Thing", which is a blatant lie.

Fights against Ben usually don't end too well to Luke:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

Even when posessed and bloodlusted he got effortlessly overpowered and pinned:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2