DCEU Superman vs The Thing

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

DCEU "Superman" Clark Kent

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

"The Thing" Ben Grimm

No Caption Provided

Rules:

• No prep time
  • Win by any means
  • Morals of
  • Standard gear and equipment
  • Superman is composite DCEU/post JL, Ben Grimm is Earth 616 comics
  • Starting distance is 30 ft

No Caption Provided

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Speed's a problem but Ben ultimately takes it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a35e2edd9c28
deactivated-5a35e2edd9c28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amendment50: Speed means nothing if you can’t do anything with it. If you gave Rkt normal human reaction time, would smallville supers be able to harm him? Yeah... no

pansito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thing

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Amendment50

@lfrankthetank27: That is a terrible comparison. The gap in physicals here is nowhere near that large.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amendment50: Supes still can’t harm thing. He traded blows with certain versions of hulk that would solo the dceu

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Amendment50

@lfrankthetank27: He's traded blows with Luke Cage too, multiple times. By that logic Superman shouldn't get past 1.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure this has been done. Thing stomps.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lfrankthetank27: Why did you even bother to tag me? Just to show off how good you are at googling respect threads?

Smh.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Ben punches his head off.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheWatcherKing

Ben clobbers Supes.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Win by any means so Superman BFR's Ben before he even knows whats happening.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's clobberin time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellionvulcan: Yep, now superman can go toe to toe with someone who solos the dceu and Mcu at the same time. ?

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ben curbs. DCEU Superman is so overrated.

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Ben wrecks.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a
deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think people aren't taking into account Clark's speed and versatility advantage.

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think people aren't taking into account Clark's speed and versatility advantage.

Speed is the only thing that extends the fight, and even then, we have one showing of combat super speed. Heat vision does ducks to the guy that nosells nukes. Frost breath on Steppenwolf still had Steppenwolf moving his axe. Flight only prolongs the inevitable.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danieldaripper said:

Speed is the only thing that extends the fight, and even then, we have one showing of combat super speed. Heat vision does ducks to the guy that nosells nukes. Frost breath on Steppenwolf still had Steppenwolf moving his axe. Flight only prolongs the inevitable.

How many times has the thing tanked a nuke?

sky_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman BFR him to space or destroy the planet by flying through it multiple times which eventually will destroy it with ben in it

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:
@supremegeneration said:
@danieldaripper said:

Noone just posted one instance, I think it's been a few more times. Let me dig them up.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration: Well the reason I ask is because you said superman has one showing of combat speed (I don't agree since Zack Snyder stated the shock waves in man of steel were suppose to signify kryptonians breaking the sound barrier), but than you cited the thing tanking a nuke. As far as I know he's only done it once.

For the record I'm not making a case for superman.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Amendment50

@jashro44 said:

@supremegeneration: Well the reason I ask is because you said superman has one showing of combat speed (I don't agree since Zack Snyder stated the shock waves in man of steel were suppose to signify kryptonians breaking the sound barrier), but than you cited the thing tanking a nuke. As far as I know he's only done it once.

Superman used super speed to fight both Flash and Steppenwolf just in Justice League alone so saying he only has one showing is simply not true.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Sy8000

Still Thing. Even though Superman blitzed Steppenwolf, he didn't actually knock him out on his own. He wasn't anywhere near as good at using his speed as it's made out.

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

I was thinking of the JL instance, I completely forgot all about MoS.

That said, I must have misread some other scan or thought of another character... Apologies.

But still, taking blows from the likes of Hulk (albeit Classic Hulk and on the losing end), Namor (even underwater), IIRC a weakened Rulk, and the like substantiate the nuke feat, especially since even the weakest of Hulk's forms oneshot a door meant to withstand a nuke.

Superman used super speed to fight both Flash and Steppenwolf just in Justice League alone so saying he only has one showing is simply not true.

He used it on the Flash, which was the instance I was thinking of. I forgot about MoS so I can concede that point, but he didn't fight Steppenwolf in super speed, he just blitzed him.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Thing, eventually.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:
@supremegeneration said:
@danieldaripper said:

i'll just copy this from a cav i had and save SG the trouble

Energetic

Tanks multiple alternate Doctor Doom blasts. Tanks Doctor Doom's blasts. Tanks 100,000 megavolts of energy. Tanks Blastar's energy blasts (they can shatter mountains).

Blastin'

Tanks blasts from Cyclops and Klaw. Survives a blast that looks easily mountain level and probably island level.

NRG!

Tanks blasts from an antimatter gun, that's self-explanatory. Tanks multiple blasts from the Surfer.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration: Those feats really aren't measurable. Namor has punched lots of people (I also don't think he hits with the force of a nuke). The hulk nearly killed the thing in one hit even in the classic era. The thing would fight the hulk by dancing around him. I don't know the context of the red hulk feat but the fact he was weakened makes that questionable.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jashro44

@battle123axe: To be honest the only feat I view as measurable is the "mountain level" one but its hard to get a good scale on the feat. Also I can't read the dialogue so do you know what issue that is from?

EDIT: All though I am not familiar with anti-matter either for the record. And do you have the scan where that gun was called an "anti-matter" gun?

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: sorry, i do not.

but to be far, some of the people blasting him, such as cyclops, blastaar, klaw, and doctor doom were using their full power on him, and as i showed, blastaar alone has feats of stalemating iron man and stated to shatter mountains, and the others are at that level as well if not higher (except for cyclops) who is close

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

but to be far, some of the people blasting him, such as cyclops, blastaar, klaw, and doctor doom were using their full power on him, and as i showed, blastaar alone has feats of stalemating iron man and stated to shatter mountains, and the others are at that level as well if not higher (except for cyclops) who is close

Apart of my issue is that characters are only really as fast/strong/etc. as the plot allows them to be or they have different ideas how strong characters should. For example Kirk Busik has said odin tops out at planetary level but people like Breevort say Odin can destroy a galaxy if he is angry enough.

That is why I prefer to look at measurable feats. There just more reliable to see a characters strength/durability/speed/etc.

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShiZZmAhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the people saying The Thing wins. Can anyone address Superman just BFRing him?

superman52445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

any reason why would ben win???

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superman52445: Yeah, He traded blows with people who bust mountains, and those people would solo the dceu.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:
@battle123axe said:

Apart of my issue is that characters are only really as fast/strong/etc. as the plot allows them to be or they have different ideas how strong characters should. For example Kirk Busik has said odin tops out at planetary level but people like Breevort say Odin can destroy a galaxy if he is angry enough.

That is why I prefer to look at measurable feats. There just more reliable to see a characters strength/durability/speed/etc.

this is understandable, however unless you're looking at street levellers and some mid-tiers, this is most often how feats are portrayed, not with scale or stand-alone, but character vs character.

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration said:

any reason why would ben win???

Stronger, more durable, to the point Superman can only barely compare. Clark's only advantage is speed.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superman52445: Yeah, He traded blows with people who bust mountains, and those people would solo the dceu.

mountain busting is the least of his capabilities. hell, he's done such things with the shockwaves of his fights

DrPepperMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone who regularly fights hulk and holds his own vs a DCEU character.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration: Ben has only tanked a nuke once...like 30 years ago and has failed to replicate the feat ever since, I think its safe to assume he's nowhere near that level on average,

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the people saying The Thing wins. Can anyone address Superman just BFRing him?

the last time he bf'd in any such matter, he didn't actively try do it, it was a side effect of his fight against another flying character, it still took him several seconds, more than enough time for ben to react and smack the living daylights out of him.

EDIT: there is the doomsday instance, but it still took him a long ass time, more than enough time for ben, and he almost always starts his fights fisticuffs, where he'd break his hands. he'd doesn't actively try to BFR unless it's a danger to society like doomsday was. otherwise he'll stay on the ground and get rekt

@tj849 said:
@hellionvulcan said:

^

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration: Ben has only tanked a nuke once...like 30 years ago and has failed to replicate the feat ever since, I think its safe to assume he's nowhere near that level on average,

that's because he's never had to tank a nuke ever since..

he has much more, much better energy resistance feats, like the ones posted above, and thats not even getting into blunt force