#201 Edited by TheGerudoKing (1598 posts) - - Show Bio

@boc: he won't be able to disarm Thanos before Carol and Thor intervene. Clark is a terrible fighter and only goes for bullrushes. Carol can easily hold him long enough for Thanos to use the stones.

#202 Posted by Helloman (29712 posts) - - Show Bio

Stalemate.

#203 Posted by BOC (1227 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegerudoking: I haven't seen Captain Marvel yet but can any of them even percieve him if he were to do that first?

#204 Posted by Mister_Surreal (10254 posts) - - Show Bio

@optimuspalm: Anyway, our views as how the fight would start are still ambiguous so I’m not going to address that. But if Superman statues the moment that the fight begins, I believe he can definitely get Thanos’ hand open. Thor and Captain Marvel wouldn’t be able to do anything because of the incredibly small window of time that it would take to happen.

#205 Posted by CyberpunkCop (3406 posts) - - Show Bio

Trio wins

#206 Posted by House1111 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

If Superman was truly bloodlusted had no morals and had full knowledge he will grab stormbreaker and decapitate everyone here before anyone realizes their dead captain marvel is fast in flight I see Superman sidestepping when she flys at him then he is going to give her the stepphenwolf treatment then proceeds to grab axe and kill everyone easily or just heat vision their brains if it can melt steel beams like butter like in mos everyone here is dead imo

Avatar image for panda_emperorix
#207 Posted by panda_emperorix (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

What's stopping Carol from blitzing Supes at ftl speeds? When the fight starts he gets blitzed into a different galaxy lol

#208 Posted by House1111 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

She is ftl?? u need to prove that otherwise supes wins

#209 Posted by Nucleon (3183 posts) - - Show Bio

@thearchon: Gotta laugh at people saying Superman wouldn’t be able to remove the gauntlet from Thanos when far weaker characters were about to do it.

That is certainly laughable when clearly DCEU Supes did nothing of the sort. The guy's fast in a straight line, but that doesn't mean he stops time or ignore physical laws and limitations.

The same Leviathan that failed to destroy a building when it died on it? Yeah. It’s not because something is big that it’s heavy.

The Leviathan didn't "failed" to destroy the buildings since it wasn't its goal. Buildings have tremendous capacities for vertical resistance. Your own weight can be supported by half a dozen empty plastic margarine pots if they are well placed.

Superman’s speed and strenght is so far beyond them.

Is there something he can do that Mjolnir can't replicate?

Thanos had trouble dealing with them before Mantis got there anyway.

People there were no slouches. Strange alone could have made short work of Superman.

If Superman was able to pull the Motherboxes apart, there’s no reason he wouldn’t be able to remove it.

Even Zeus' weak-assed lightning was able to do the job, and that same lightning barely affected Steppenwolf (that Superman casually ridiculed). So, yeah. of course he was able to separate the boxes. Is it necessary to state the obvious?

Anyways, I don’t see how that matters because he wouldn’t go for the gauntlet first.

Your dog's dead before the starting signal; Thanos has been bullrushed by nobody less than the Hulk (whose strikink feats surpasses Superman's), and he was barely affected. Thanos is a real fighter - all of his hits on the Hulk exploited pressure points, for exemple, whereas Superman basically fights like a top-model or a member of a boys band. Thanos doesn't need the gauntlet to beat Superman - he just needs to be in HtH with him.

If you think that this fight will be a one-attribute (speed) affair, you are both simplistic in your commentary and wrong.

#210 Posted by Nucleon (3183 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal: Sure, but if Thanos is frozen by the “DCEU statue force” wouldn’t that mean Superman can easily pull it off?

Look - Just give Supes his bullrush, okay, just let him get the first punch, and the second, and even the third.

So what?

Thanos has been bullrushed like that by the Hulk. What was the results? That's right: Thanos ignores the damage then proceed to teach his opponent how to fight, breaking the strength and toughness belts detentor in a matter of seconds.

Oh, but maybe you meant that Supes stops time, hits on a perpetually paralyzed Thanos at leisure, and can even take a little pause, take a power nap or a bit of a sandwich before he continues on his chore indefinitely? Yeah - havn't thought of it that way, but yeah, it defenitely makes sense, doesn't it? It's not like it's OP or anything huh?

#211 Posted by Mister_Surreal (10254 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon: Except Superman can statue people who are bullet timers...

#212 Posted by Mister_Surreal (10254 posts) - - Show Bio

@panda_emperorix: The fact that she has no impressive combat speed feats says that he wouldn’t get speed blitzed. She couldn’t even blitz Skrulls.

#213 Edited by Rijehu (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

Fight depends on who moves first. Superman outclasses everyone here in physical capabilties and he can likely pull of spinal snaps if he doesnt waste time and goes in for the kill. Hes fast and strong enough to rag doll everyone, BUT if Thanos uses the gems in an effective way, Supes gets disabled and then KO,d by SB.

#214 Edited by Darkthunder (2012 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon: the superman wank on this site is absolutely ridiculous. People act like superman is a toaa just because of the '' speed '' argument. His speed is inconsistent. How much did he move at max ? Mach 5 at least. And thanos tanked objects moving at greater speed than that. Superman pulling of the gauntlet is laughable as what will superman do with your it?

You are doing a good job

#215 Posted by Nucleon (3183 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon: Except Superman can statue people who are bullet timers...

I gave you the first three punches anyway. I still don't see how he can affect Thanos. Remove the glove? Forget about it, unless Thanos is either unconscious or otherwise incapacitated.

#216 Posted by Doofasa (2007 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes dies. He can maybe take them one on one but all three at once destroy him.

#217 Edited by Mister_Surreal (10254 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon: I’m not going to get into this so I will just say this: If Superman uses the full extent of his speed (which he would) he’s going to freeze everyone in the environment to the point where he effectively has minutes to deal with them in anyway that he pleases. Seeing as how Ironman and Spiderman are two vastly weaker character than he is and they were able to remove the guantlet, Superman is in a position to do the same with extreme ease. Chances are that by the time Thanos realizes what’s happening the glove would have been off his hand. I don’t see why it would be so hard for Superman to deal with it. I’m sorry but there isn’t much of an argument that you can make other than “Superman isn’t strong enough” which I don’t see as being that case after he has shown better strength feats that Ironman and Spiderman combined. That’s all.

#218 Posted by Supermanthor (18928 posts) - - Show Bio

hulk

#219 Posted by Mister_Surreal (10254 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkthunder: Stop overreacting. No one’s calling Superman TOAA, we are just talking about how his speed is a massive advantage over 90% of the CBM characters. Why? Your opponents effectively being snails compared to you is a big deal. If Thor or Hulk we’re that fast I can guarantee that you would be “wanking” the h*ll out of those characters. Saltines isn’t very attractive.

#220 Posted by Mister_Surreal (10254 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkthunder: Yeah, Superman removing the guantlet is laughable when two characters that he is stronger than combined and about 200x faster than removed it. Yeah, that’s so hilarious...

#221 Edited by Nucleon (3183 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal: I’m not going to get into this so I will just say this: If Superman uses the full extent of his speed (which he would) he’s going to freeze everyone in the environment to the point where he effectively has minutes to deal with them in anyway that he pleases.

No, sorry, can't buy that; It isn't what DCEU Supes does with his speed; His speed is of the straightline kind ("travel speed"), not unlike Iron Man's, and in actual combat that kind of speed translates into an initial bullrush (that I don't see as any different than a thrown Mjolnir): Even the bit with the Flash confirms this, as Supes was rather clumsy in this fight even though he fought a de-stabilized, backward-running, un-skilled combattant without ever hitting him. For these same reasons, I think the whole sequence isn't as fast as people makes it to be.

Seeing as how Ironman and Spiderman are two vastly weaker character than he is and they were able to remove the guantlet, Superman is in a position to do the same with extreme ease. Chances are that by the time Thanos realizes what’s happening the glove would have been off his hand. I don’t see why it would be so hard for Superman to deal with it.

They first had to neutralize Thanos before doing it. Plus, with this line of thinking, couldn't Spider Man just kick Supes in the nutsack? Does Supes have any nutsack resistance feats? :D

I’m sorry but there isn’t much of an argument that you can make other than “Superman isn’t strong enough” which I don’t see as being that case after he has shown better strength feats that Ironman and Spiderman combined. That’s all.

Supes isn't strong enough, he isn't tough enough, and mainly, he isn't fast enough to do as you say. He isn't a speedster - he is a flying brick.

#222 Posted by Bayman007 (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

Supeman is way to fast and strong for Thanos to stop, he could take his whole arm if he wanted to. He would be frozen in place just like Diana, who is wayy faster than the ball chin. Can the other two beat Supes when he has the IG containing 2 stones? ...

#223 Edited by godzilla44 (7364 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon:

I'm sorry but how are denying Supes combat speed?? He can literally track the Flash (which none of the MCU characters in this fight can do) and throw multiple punches at him. PS watch the video he doesn't just bullrush.

Loading Video...

Plus he can make characters like Steppenwolf who can catch missiles with ease, look like snails.

No Caption Provided

#224 Edited by Nucleon (3183 posts) - - Show Bio

@godzilla44: What the video shows is a Superman who is obviously not fast enough to connect with a de-stabilized, backward-going guy with no knowledge of combat.

In the second scan, Supes dodges a blow in slomo. Big Deal. It happens about 8 times in any fight between normals.

Supes isn't a speedster. A speedster, any speedster would have connected with the Flash as he was there.

#225 Posted by godzilla44 (7364 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon said:

@godzilla44: What the video shows is a Superman who is obviously not fast enough to connect with a de-stabilized, backward-going guy with no knowledge of combat.

He's de-stabilized because Supes nearly tagged him, and then he still tagged him, something nobody here can do. Gravity wasn't affecting anything in that whole sequence that's how fast they were moving. I honestly don't know how you keep downplaying this feat.

In the second scan, Supes dodges a blow in slomo. Big Deal. It happens about 8 times in any fight between normals.

Steppenwolf has better combat speed than Thor & Thanos and arguably Carol.

Supes isn't a speedster. A speedster, any speedster would have connected with the Flash as he was there.

I guess that's your opinion but I don't agree with it.

#227 Edited by Mister_Surreal (10254 posts) - - Show Bio

@godzilla44 said:

@nucleon said:

He's de-stabilized because Supes nearly tagged him, and then he still tagged him, something nobody here can do. Gravity wasn't affecting anything in that whole sequence that's how fast they were moving. I honestly don't know how you keep downplaying this feat.

Steppenwolf has better combat speed than Thor & Thanos and arguably Carol.

I guess that's your opinion but I don't agree with it.

This. Nucleon, just about everything you said is just flat out wrong. I'm sorry. Superman factually has both the strength and combat speed feats to support him taking off the gauntlet here. It's basically your opinion vs undeniable feats at this point. Sorry man, but your argument is just not valid.

#228 Posted by Darkthunder (2012 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal: first of all no offensive language. Second superman removing it is laughable because those two characters couldn't have removed it if he wasn't restrained by mantis. You are indirectly calling him a toaa because of the speed factor. What is his speed? In jl his combat speed must have been Mach 5 max. Even that is highballing considering superman couldn't even statue steppenwolf. Good logic on your part of you are saying snails have Mach reaction speed

#229 Posted by Darkthunder (2012 posts) - - Show Bio
#230 Edited by Mister_Surreal (10254 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkthunder: Seeing as how no one here can react to people who can move at Mach 5, it’s not really high balling. Thanos can’t do anything against someone that fast, no one here can. It isn’t wanking. Stop lowballing.

#231 Posted by OptimusPalm (2382 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal: Why are you now claiming that Ironman and Spider-Man removed the Gauntlet, when anybody who has seen the film clearly knows that didn’t happen.

Spider-Man and Ironman didn’t remove it, they only nearly removed it, and this was only after Thanos was held by Mantis.

Your obvious attempt at misinformation is not helping your argument.

There is absolutely no chance Supes can blitz the Gauntlet off.

#232 Posted by Aka_aka_aka_ak (2958 posts) - - Show Bio

When will it sink in to you all that you NEED TO EQUALISE SPEED TO MAKE THIS FAIR. Superman snatches the gauntlet from Thanos, takes Strombreaker from Thor and smashes it into their heads before any of the MCU team even realise the fight has started.

Bloodlusted Superman always solo mismatches any MCU team with Thor, because he can takes Stormbreaker and cleave their heads off within a millisecond.

#233 Posted by Aka_aka_aka_ak (2958 posts) - - Show Bio

If Superman was truly bloodlusted had no morals and had full knowledge he will grab stormbreaker and decapitate everyone here before anyone realizes their dead captain marvel is fast in flight I see Superman sidestepping when she flys at him then he is going to give her the stepphenwolf treatment then proceeds to grab axe and kill everyone easily or just heat vision their brains if it can melt steel beams like butter like in mos everyone here is dead imo

Thank you! Someone who's actually given this more than a second of thought!

#234 Posted by Mister_Surreal (10254 posts) - - Show Bio

@optimuspalm said:

@mister_surreal: Why are you now claiming that Ironman and Spider-Man removed the Gauntlet, when anybody who has seen the film clearly knows that didn’t happen.

Spider-Man and Ironman didn’t remove it, they only nearly removed it, and this was only after Thanos was held by Mantis.

Your obvious attempt at misinformation is not helping your argument.

There is absolutely no chance Supes can blitz the Gauntlet off.

Loading Video...

They actually got the gauntlet off his wrist and onto his fingers. So yes, Superman is getting it off.

#235 Posted by Syntix (529 posts) - - Show Bio

@optimuspalm: Unfortunately you’re wrong, Ironman and Spiderman did remove the gauntlet until Quill wakes him up and overpowering them both (which wouldn’t happen to Superman) and pull it back in to his hand. Superman can just statues Thanos (by moving so fast) and have all the time in the world to remove it from his hand, unless you could provide me a single feat to say that he can’t be statued or blitzed of course.

#236 Posted by FaradaySloth (9267 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman genjutsu ftw gg

#237 Posted by TheGerudoKing (1598 posts) - - Show Bio

@boc: Carol was dodging laser fire in her movie.

But even if they don't react fast enough to stop him, Thanos will activate the space stone before Clark gets to him to disarm him.

And since he can activate multiple stones at once, using the space stone along with the power stone, he can create a mini black hole. Clark doesn't have the feats to overpower that.

#238 Edited by Waxseruya (257 posts) - - Show Bio

Team win stop superman wanked.

#239 Posted by BOC (1227 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegerudoking: Thanos doesn't have any speed feats, let alone comparable to Superman's. Based on his reaction to the flash, he has the speed and strength to remove Thanos's gauntlet effeciently. I don't know if this will guarantee him the win (as I have not seen Captain Marvel) but this is definitely a very viable option. And with knowledge it will be most probable.

#240 Posted by TheGerudoKing (1598 posts) - - Show Bio

@boc: the space stone gives him the win. All he needs to do is make a fist and when the space stone is activated it doesn't matter how fast Clark is because Thanos will control the space in which Clark operates.

#241 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (8113 posts) - - Show Bio

Clark

#242 Posted by Darkthunder (2012 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal: plz tell me when he was much 5? He failed to statue steppenwolf who isn't close to Mach speed

#243 Edited by Alanclower (78 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor still solo.

#244 Posted by macleen (3440 posts) - - Show Bio

I see statues everywhere, SM solos.

#245 Posted by CyberpunkCop (3406 posts) - - Show Bio

Trio stomp

#246 Posted by Supermanthor (18928 posts) - - Show Bio

trio

#247 Posted by Mister_Surreal (10254 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal: plz tell me when he was much 5? He failed to statue steppenwolf who isn't close to Mach speed

He didn't fail. Superman wasn't trying to statue him, he literally just went to punch him with almost no effort. Still grasping a straws.

#248 Posted by BOC (1227 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegerudoking: Thanos was getting blitzed by non speedsters. Superman has the feats to support that he could do so more efficiently. Like I said, this won't guarantee him the win, but it will make Thanos a non factor.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#249 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11136 posts) - - Show Bio

...there is no black widow in there so Superman wins, otherwise he gets statue-blitz-stomped by Natasha.

#250 Posted by TheGerudoKing (1598 posts) - - Show Bio

@boc: Thanos never got blitzed by anybody. He pretty much walked through everybody he faced until Thor came back with Stormbreaker.

But that's besides the point. When the fight starts Thanos will already be making a fist since he'll be ready for the fight. Clark won't be able to close the distance fast enough to prevent Thanos from activating the space stone.