• 86 results
Posted by ganon15 (7218 posts) 12 days, 21 hours ago

Poll: DCEU Superman vs MCU Thanos, MCU Ultron and Fox Apocalypse (60 votes)

Superman 25%
Team 75%
No Caption Provided

VS

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for johnthemarvel12
#51 Posted by Johnthemarvel12 (263 posts) - - Show Bio

@richubs: Superman was not able to tear apart Steppenwolf with his punches,so how can he tear apart apocalypse who probably can teleport too,and probably has regeneration too,and he has other abilities too.

#52 Posted by Richubs (5902 posts) - - Show Bio

@johnthemarvel12:

Because Apocalypse isn't durable one bit.

Mystique was able to cut his throat using her sword.

If Superman tears him apart Apocalypse is done for because his regen isn't good enough to stop himself from getting torn apart.

And teleportation mens nothing when it takes a lot of time.

Avatar image for johnthemarvel12
#53 Posted by Johnthemarvel12 (263 posts) - - Show Bio

@richubs: Well he still has strong force field(IIRC) and strong tk.

#54 Posted by Richubs (5902 posts) - - Show Bio

@johnthemarvel12:

His force field isn't impressive imo.

Man people give the argument that it could take "planetary attacks" from Magneto. Sadly that attack was far from planetary.

He was merely hurling metal ap Apocalypse at fairly slow speeds.

That isn't a good feat for the forcefeilds. Then there's Scott's vision and Storm's lightning all of which aren't impressive really. Not compared to Superman.

He certainly has very strong TK. He basically evaporated a whole city.

However the items that he evaporated (buildings, cars etc) are all less durable that Superman.

He simply won't be able to transmute Superman because he hasn't shown the ability to transmute something that durable. Superman's body when weakened could take a nuke not not disintegrate and that speaks volumes about his durability over things Apocalypse has transmuted.

Which is why I think Superman should be able to tear him apart.

#55 Edited by arqe (839 posts) - - Show Bio

@johnthemarvel12 said:

@bossmonster: I think the reason it may have appeared that Wonder Woman was a statue to Superman is because she does not yet have her flying ability,I think you are talking about that superman throwing wonder woman away above earth's surface and trying to punch the flash scene right?

What is flying have anything to do with it ? He throw her with his own strength and still statued everything around them. That is more impressive than statueing an object that is already moving unrelated to you IF you are far far far far stronger than the force that moving her or debris or any other thing that is flying around.

#56 Posted by arqe (839 posts) - - Show Bio

@richubs said:

Could go either way due to Apocalypse.

Other two are useless here.

If Apocalypse can transmute him then yeah he can win but if he can't then he too can get torn apart.

He didn't transmute any organic matter, he always transmute the surrounding area and trap people. There is no material on earth that can keep Superman from moving like he did to people or the Beast for example.

So no, he is useless like the other 2 here.

#57 Posted by Chazzer (842 posts) - - Show Bio

@bossmonster: Any of the blows he traded with Zod end Thanos/Ultron/AP.

=========

LOL. You're dreaming. Thanos was tanking Hulk's punches, Ultron in final form was vibranium. Hulk punches harder than Superman, so why are they going to be one shot? Hilarious.

#58 Posted by Daywalker88 (238 posts) - - Show Bio

If we are using common sense then team wins

Avatar image for supermanforever
#59 Posted by Supermanforever (9026 posts) - - Show Bio

@oraculi:

Magneto has lifted a football stadium and train and cargo ships all of which is on par with Superman's best strength feats

Thats not a strength feat, thats pretty much a tk. Fodder Aliens were overpowering magneto in the last movie. Supes would pretty much bullrush and fly trough him.

Cyclops projectiles have destroyed a nuclear plant and heavily damaged a dam, it hits hard as Superman's best striking feats.

lol. This is energy beam. Destroying a powerplant is just laughable. Superman can cut trough insanely durable kryptonians ships etc with his heat vison. Zod cut trough skyscrappers like butter and also melts steel instantly. Supermans heat vision is more impressive in terms of potency. Also lol at hitting as hard as superman.

The fact that Apocalypse casually tanked BOTH them going full out for MINUTES means Clark is not taking him out that easily

Apoc durability is borderline trash. He has barely any decent feats. Clark could literaly no sell any energy/blunt force attack this team can produce.

#60 Posted by Supermanforever (9026 posts) - - Show Bio

@death4bunnies:

I figured Apocalypse could stop Clark with his TK(thats strong enough to lift a pyramid) or just put up his shield before Clark get to him (DCEU Superman is not as fast as Fox Quicksilver).

His Tk has not held anyone even remotely close to Supermans level. Supermans bullrushed trough world engine beam and one shotted it. The same engine that can no sell reentry crashlanding on earth at mach 24+ and weighting probably hundreds of thousands of tons. Clark producing force like that in weakened state is more than enough to say he would buldoze trough his shield.

Apocalypse's shield withstood a crazy onslaught from Magneto while beating the most powerful telepath in the world in a mind battle, I doubt Clark could get through the shields.

Crazy is pretty much overstatment here.

He can use his TK whilst hiding behind his shields.

Yeah but those wont hold well. Those shields have not held someone that is anywhere on par with Superman. In fact it broke apart as soon Jean blasted him. Meaning its not no limit shield here. Sufficent amount of force can break it.

Not only that but Apocalypse has dam near full body regeneration.

I have to agree that apoc durability was pretty insane. But i dont think he would heal from things that superman can do to him. Like ripping his head of for instance.

It was the first power he we saw get transferred to him at the begging of the movie, right before the temple collapsed.

In the last scene can see the skin and muscle getting destroyed by Jean Grey then regrowing, Jean had to scream and completely disintegrate him in the end.

I agree, but i dont think he can regenerate from being ripped apart.

This team would have to rely on TP to win. Other than that they are a tier below Clark.

#61 Posted by death4bunnies (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

@death4bunnies:

I figured Apocalypse could stop Clark with his TK(thats strong enough to lift a pyramid) or just put up his shield before Clark get to him (DCEU Superman is not as fast as Fox Quicksilver).

His Tk has not held anyone even remotely close to Supermans level. Supermans bullrushed trough world engine beam and one shotted it. The same engine that can no sell reentry crashlanding on earth at mach 24+ and weighting probably hundreds of thousands of tons. Clark producing force like that in weakened state is more than enough to say he would buldoze trough his shield.

What, this shield took a beating from Mags. Superman has never produced this much damage. Even the world engine (which I agree is Supermans best showing) isn't quite on this level in my opinion.

No Caption Provided

-------------------------

Apocalypse's shield withstood a crazy onslaught from Magneto while beating the most powerful telepath in the world in a mind battle, I doubt Clark could get through the shields.

Crazy is pretty much overstatment here.

Strong disagree, this was insane.

No Caption Provided

---------------------

He can use his TK whilst hiding behind his shields.

Yeah but those wont hold well. Those shields have not held someone that is anywhere on par with Superman. In fact it broke apart as soon Jean blasted him. Meaning its not no limit shield here. Sufficent amount of force can break it.

I agree there is a clear limit to the shields; but that is a feat for Jean. Meaning she surpassed the damage output of Magnetos metal storm with the power of the Phoenix.

----------------

Not only that but Apocalypse has dam near full body regeneration.

I have to agree that apoc durability was pretty insane. But i dont think he would heal from things that superman can do to him. Like ripping his head of for instance.

I agree here also, Apocalypse (by comicvine rules any simple logic) would die or at least be rendered inert from true decapitation.

------------------

It was the first power he we saw get transferred to him at the begging of the movie, right before the temple collapsed.

In the last scene can see the skin and muscle getting destroyed by Jean Grey then regrowing, Jean had to scream and completely disintegrate him in the end.

I agree, but i dont think he can regenerate from being ripped apart.

This team would have to rely on TP to win. Other than that they are a tier below Clark.

I agree that Apocalypse will lose if Clark gets ahold of him, I still strongly doubt Clark can get through the shields, especially before Apocalypse grips him in TK.

I think Apocalypse's TK feats are a bit above what Superman has shown 'on screen' strength wise.

Apocalypse can directly TK people iirc.

#62 Posted by Supermanforever (9026 posts) - - Show Bio

@death4bunnies:

What, this shield took a beating from Mags. Superman has never produced this much damage. Even the world engine (which I agree is Supermans best showing) isn't quite on this level in my opinion.

I mean that was just throwing metal on him and it was burning. So dont see why this is much impressive. Destroying world engine is much better feat, unless you think throwing metal on world engine would break it lol

Strong disagree, this was insane

I mean what makes not breakin from metal going at it that impressive? Those were small metal pieces and visible with eye. Even if we highball and say it travels at say bullet level, that wouldnt be any different from machinegun bombarding it.

Decent, but comparing to clarks bullrushes its just not there.

I agree there is a clear limit to the shields; but that is a feat for Jean. Meaning she surpassed the damage output of Magnetos metal storm with the power of the Phoenix.

There is no reason why Superman would not do the same? He can casually fly trough ships that can no sell mach 24+ impact at weight of hundreds of thousands of tons. Phoneix destroying it was pretty much unquantifiable feat tbh.

I agree here also, Apocalypse (by comicvine rules any simple logic) would die or at least be rendered inert from true decapitation.

I just base this claim from the fact that Mystic was able to slice his throat.

I agree that Apocalypse will lose if Clark gets ahold of him, I still strongly doubt Clark can get through the shields, especially before Apocalypse grips him in TK.

Maybe, but i dont see any reason why clark just cant bullrush trough that thing. I mean clark bullrushed trough world engine beam in weakened state? Are we saying that magnetos shrapnel ws more powerfull than world engine beam? Imagine the force he would have to produce to fly trough that beam and then break trough that imensely durable ship.

I think Apocalypse's TK feats are a bit above what Superman has shown 'on screen' strength wise.

Superman has tk? lol

Not really, he can only tk inorganic matter i believe.

#63 Posted by death4bunnies (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

@death4bunnies:

I mean that was just throwing metal on him and it was burning. So dont see why this is much impressive. Destroying world engine is much better feat, unless you think throwing metal on world engine would break it lol

IDK, enough force can do it clearly, I think (because Mags got a amp from Apocalypse) that Magneto was pushing that metal with the strength of Magneto. Like a piece of rebar being constantly pushed by someone who can pick up a football stadium.

I guess I dont think it was thrown as much as constantly pushed.

----------------------

Strong disagree, this was insane

I mean what makes not breakin from metal going at it that impressive? Those were small metal pieces and visible with eye. Even if we highball and say it travels at say bullet level, that wouldnt be any different from machinegun bombarding it.

Decent, but comparing to clarks bullrushes its just not there.

Some were I beams, Zod tried to hit superman with a I beam I believe.

Thats like saying the buildings Zod and superman were punching each other through didnt hurt because the buildings are made of too soft of a material....Well not just like, but you get my point. I think that onslaught may put superman down, I defiantly dont think Superman could fly through it like he did the world engine beam, even at full power buildings at least slowed him down when he hit them.

-----------------

There is no reason why Superman would not do the same? He can casually fly trough ships that can no sell mach 24+ impact at weight of hundreds of thousands of tons. Phoneix destroying it was pretty much unquantifiable feat tbh.

I agree unquantifiable but still a feat for Phoenix not Superman. Im just saying Superman has to beat the damage the Shield actually held up against, not match Phoenix. Ill assume that the moment Superman surpasses Magnetos damage output the shield break instantly.

-----------------

I just base this claim from the fact that Mystic was able to slice his throat.

Ya he seems to rely on shields and healing, his skin seems to be slightly above human in durability.

------------------

Maybe, but i dont see any reason why clark just cant bullrush trough that thing. I mean clark bullrushed trough world engine beam in weakened state? Are we saying that magnetos shrapnel ws more powerfull than world engine beam? Imagine the force he would have to produce to fly trough that beam and then break trough that imensely durable ship.

Yes this is the root of our disagreement, I think Magnetos onslaught was more powerful than the world engine beam Supes flew through.

That beam was stated to be planted level but so was Mags... by statements.

By on screen evidence the beam flattened a car, and maybe some buildings.

Magneto has caused worldwide catastrophe, earthquakes and stuff lifted a football stadium, and the golden gate bridge.

The beam also caused world wide catastrophe but it took multiple beams to do it, at least 2.

----------------

Superman has tk? lol

I mean Superman would use his strength, flight strength specifically to try to counter being held in place.

As Apocalypse's TK strength surpasses Supermans flight strength I think Superman can be immobilized by Apocalypse.

And yes in my Superman has tactile TK just like in the comics, thats how I explain the apartment building not falling apart when he carried it.

-------------

Not really, he can only tk inorganic matter i believe.

I sorta remember him lifting Beast with TK.

Ill find a gif, give me a minute and ill edit it in right here.

#64 Posted by Supermanforever (9026 posts) - - Show Bio

@death4bunnies: ill respond tomorrow. Have to sleep now, work early morning hehe

#65 Posted by death4bunnies (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

@death4bunnies: ill respond tomorrow. Have to sleep now, work early morning hehe

Cool, sleep well my friend.

Heres the Gif. TK on a organic, through his shields whilst protecting from Scott and Magneto.

Loading Video...

#66 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (9488 posts) - - Show Bio

Team

#67 Posted by The_Surgeon_ (377 posts) - - Show Bio

Any DC solo

#68 Posted by death4bunnies (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

Any DC solo

What do you mean, it just Superman here for DC, and he loses to Apocalypse.

#69 Posted by The_Surgeon_ (377 posts) - - Show Bio
#70 Posted by el-kun (765 posts) - - Show Bio

Either thanos or apoc solos

Avatar image for darkdementor101
#71 Edited by DarkDementor101 (604 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanforever: While @death4bunnies is asleep, could I take his place and just ask as to how Superman is breaking out of a TK that essentially in the multi-million ton range? If we go by Apocalypse's very first showing [DoFP End credit scene] he was shown lifting an entire pyramid all-together pretty casually, and could do so with a good level of control as well. Not to mention, he did all of this as a mere child, so I think it is safe to say that his TK should be a bit stronger than what it was at that point. Regardless, multi-million, or even a million, is still a good base line for his TK, and I do not think that Clark has shown overcoming this same amount of force!

#72 Edited by death4bunnies (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_surgeon_ said:@death4bunnies: Oh....well he still solo's

He loses to Apocalypse.

He cant get through his shield and Apocalypse can attack with TK from behind his shields.

His TK has lifted pyramids and thats a bit outta Supermans flight strength range.

Apocalypse immobilizes him with TK from behind his shield.

#73 Posted by The_Surgeon_ (377 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_surgeon_ said:@death4bunnies: Oh....well he still solo's

He loses to Apocalypse.

He cant get through his shield and Apocalypse can attack with TK from behind his shields.

His TK has lifted pyramids and thats a bit outta Supermans flight strength range.

Apocalypse immobilizes him with TK from behind his shield.

Superman resisted the gravity engine's pull which was stated in the novelization to be black hole level

DCEU Superman can solo FOX verse lol

#74 Posted by death4bunnies (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_surgeon_:

Black Hole level huh?

Care to give me a quote?

I guess if you believe the world engine to be black hole level then even Lois is “black hole” resistant. She was in the beam for a bit (correct me if I’m wrong here).

Black Hole level DCEU Superman huh, I’d say that’s a new one, but we’ve all seen this debunked repeatedly.

#75 Posted by The_Surgeon_ (377 posts) - - Show Bio

@death4bunnies: One of the users posted it in one of the other DCEU Superman vs threads.

He has that same bioelectric field thing so that's why Lois survived it.

#76 Edited by death4bunnies (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_surgeon_:

Did that bio electric field extend to light.

A black hole is something with such gravity that not even light could escape it. That’s it, that’s the definition, that’s why it’s black; because even light cannot escape its gravitational pull.

How is it even near black hole level based on anything but a line from a book that you can’t even find?

#77 Posted by The_Surgeon_ (377 posts) - - Show Bio

@death4bunnies: I'm sure some one else has seen it, it's there and Superman so op that's why he could survive it

He's like a god in his universe

#78 Edited by death4bunnies (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_surgeon_:

Lol, I just rewatched the scene, Lois is in the beam way before Superman catches her.

My point isn’t that Superman isn’t OP enough to take it(he not) my point is that this fake black hole couldn’t pick up rubble 100 meters below it.

It didn’t suck in light with gravity so by definition it’s not a black hole.

Things should be getting sucked into it at relitivistic speeds and there not.

Not even the city was destroyed, humans survived.

----------

If you can’t produce the line from the book I can’t analyze it, and the onus is on you to prove your black hole claim, not on me to disprove it.

It was nothing like a black hole but if you choose to believe that ok.

--------

I mean come on man, heres the scene, time stamped and everything.

Lois falls right by this "black hole"(without Superman) and it cant even pull the rubble off the ground 100 meter away, and you expect me to believe that superman overcame a true black holes force. Stop blindly believing everything you read on battle boards, utilize some critical thought.

Loading Video...
#80 Edited by Omandtellor (169 posts) - - Show Bio
#81 Posted by eri123 (1951 posts) - - Show Bio

Team stomps.

#82 Posted by arqe (839 posts) - - Show Bio

@death4bunnies: If you look at that scene closely, it only pulls inorganic matter and Kryptonians. All Kryptonians in that ship instantly got pulled in, Lois was going downwards and when Clarck catches her up her hair still goes the same way while Clark's cloak and his slowly "disintegrated" particles pulled towards black hole.

#83 Edited by MrTrey (595 posts) - - Show Bio

@arqe: The only thing affected by the Phantom Zone Hole were things affected by Phantom energy, which is why the only things that were sucked in were hit by the gravity beams or went through the Phantom Zone FTL jumps. It's why Superman and the debris have energy wisps coming out of them but Lois doesn't.

This video's has a pretty good explanation on it.

Loading Video...

On-Topic, team gets blitzed.

#84 Posted by Oraculi (3881 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrtrey: lol Superman isn't blitzing APOCALYPSE GET YOUR DCEU WANK OUTTA HERE

#85 Posted by GeorgeWBush (12500 posts) - - Show Bio

Apocalypse solos

Clark has no response for City level telekinesis and gets ragdolled, dismembered by Thanos’s sword, or bludgeoned by useless Ultron

#86 Edited by MrTrey (595 posts) - - Show Bio

@oraculi: The guy who took a minute to notice a casual QS who could have killed him easily with a sword if it weren't for plot is going to get his head pasted by the superstrong dude who makes bullet-timers look slow.

#87 Edited by Oraculi (3881 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrtrey said:

@oraculi: The guy who took a minute to notice a casual QS who could have killed him easily with a sword if it weren't for plot is going to get his head pasted by the superstrong dude who makes bullet-timers looks slow.

It actually took him 12 seconds to notice Quicksilverand was blindsided by Quicksilver who is also a good magnitude faster than Clarke who at the longest could only move in "slow mo" speed for 27 seconds and couldn't enter that speed anymore for the rest of the fight.

So yeah Apocalypse solo's mathematically speaking, DCEU Superman couldn't blitz Apocalypse good enough or long enough to handle him.

#88 Posted by death4bunnies (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrtrey: @arqe:

Like I said it was a impressive feat; and thanks MrTrey that was a helpful video.

It is a impressive feat; it’s still not a ‘black hole’ though, which was my point.