DCEU Superman vs MCU Thanos

Buckstop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll DCEU Superman vs MCU Thanos (568 votes)

Superman 63%
Thanos 37%
No Caption Provided

VS

No Caption Provided

Since Thanos is clearly the undisputed heavyweight champ of the MCU, and Superman is the undisputed champ in the DCEU, it's only natural they should face off.

Superman is post JL. Thanos has his armor and sword, no stones. Did Endgame give base Thanos the feats now to beat the Kryptonian? Or does Superman still win handily?

• 
DoA219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im Willing To Make a Case for Thanos with Equal Speed Now, like this Tho Superman Plays Tenis With Thanos Body....

el-kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With speed

supes wins with mid difficulty

Speed equalized and thanos wins with ease

Namebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman wins without speed equalized. If he is having trouble hurting Thanos for some reason he can just bfr him into space for the win. Speed equalized Thanos wins without too much difficulty.

icec0ld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sargeras:

He's underrated if anything. Half the arguments against him are ridiculous and leave me scratching my head. He is clearly levels above any superhero we've seen in the mcu or dceu.

His feats are insanely high and he's only been hurt once. He flies through missles on purpose! He's been shot with the highest caliber tank killer rounds, Sonic canons, put through mountains, buildings, planet shaping gravity beams etc. He's just walked through everything but kryptonite and nuclear radiation. There hasn't been one character in the mcu or dceu other than the kryptonians to show that level of power.

Show me hulk or Thor hoisting buildings up like it's nothing, or pulling ice breakers. Aquaman got a good showing with his sub feat and I heard Wonderwoman is going to have some really great speed and strength showings. But not even they have done anything close to Superman, the guy is really that op.

Crunch5481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MattyBoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stoneless? Supes probs wins

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes punts his head into space.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman. No contest.

Thanos with the gauntlet + five stones would still lose.

Avatar image for deactivated-5faf743db9a3e
deactivated-5faf743db9a3e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Thanos could tank a couple strikes and survive for a while. He DID have impressive durability against both blunt force and energy projection/beams. However, there is NO CHANCE he could take out Supes, and Supes would eventually snap his neck, beat or break him etc.

Linha-Fone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What can a statue do against Superman?

ecu4awhile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naked Thanos is a tank.

Thanos with Armor was slightly inconvenienced by Hulks Punches. a simple Jab from Hulk sent Thor flying off screen in Avengers 1. Thanos shrugged off mjolnir strikes multiple times. Thanos durability feats are outrageous.

Supes can speed blitz all he wants, he might mildly inconvenience Thanos for a while, but Thanos eventually connects.

Thanos Pimp slaps to 10/10

AllHellKingDox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman wrecks thanoe cannot even budge a serious carol.

Zaggran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NO stones? It's not even a fight, it's an execution.

Supes is OP. In other news, water is wet. New and exciting.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e14500e3bd2c
deactivated-5e14500e3bd2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Threads been done already with thanos winning

arqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecu4awhile: Nope, that is because MCU doesn't know how their characters work. They just put in whatever they thought at that moment. Hulk sent Thor flying but couldn't do anything to Thanos.

Then Thanos gets hits from Spider-Man and reacts the hits same as Hulk's hits. Then gets cut by Iron-Man. So both Spider-Man and Iron-Man is now is on Hulk levels.

Zaggran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arqe said:

@ecu4awhile: Nope, that is because MCU doesn't know how their characters work. They just put in whatever they thought at that moment. Hulk sent Thor flying but couldn't do anything to Thanos.

Then Thanos gets hits from Spider-Man and reacts the hits same as Hulk's hits. Then gets cut by Iron-Man. So both Spider-Man and Iron-Man is now is on Hulk levels.

I hope you're not expecting consistency of any kind from the MCU.

Odin, Thor 2: We are not gods!

Odin, Thor 3: What are you the god of again?

Lord_Titan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Threads been done already with thanos winning

Stop shoving your opinion to people's face as a fact. You've done this multiple times. Let people discuss what they want.

Amu0003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even captain america was faster than thanos.

Thanos will be like a statue before superman.

Remembee when steppenwolf tried to punch superman.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashgreatersigneveryone said:

Clark, and it's not even close.

Thanos reacted to stormbreaker, he can react to clark

Thor was calling stormbreaker to his hand so stormbreaker probably wasn't moving at top speeds. It was probably moving at speeds Thor could react to.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

>People say Thanos can react to Superman

>Thanos could barely keep up with Cap

Thanos loses here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b
deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaggran said:
@arqe said:

I hope you're not expecting consistency of any kind from the MCU.

Odin, Thor 2: We are not gods!

Odin, Thor 3: What are you the god of again?

The only high/heavy hitter tier lvl heroes currently in all MCU/DCEU/CW live actions are most consistent and rarely jobs ( or never ) are: DCEU Superman, DCEU Aquaman ( wanted to say Wonder Woman too, but in JL was nerfed/jobber ), MCU Scarlet Witch, Peter Evans Quicksilver, Fox/MCU Magneto, Fox/MCU Xavier, Fox/MCU Legion, MCU Iron Man, ( thinking of Captain Marvel but she could to much more shit to Thanos who visually was jobber and 95% of his moments was failing to K.O./beat street tier guys on his own + Hulk was much more savage in his solo 2008 movie and Av 1 ), CW Wally West, Killer Frost.

Rest are so inconsistent. For an instance i hate when my favourite characters like Dr Strange or Wonder Woman or MMH ( from CW ) are jobbing despite they have shown previously so great showings.

arqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sexybayonetta22: I don't consider WW a jobber because we can see from the Steppenwolf vs. basically the whole world shows that New Gods > Old Gods. Wonder Woman tried everything but her sword couldn't do damage to Steppenwolf's armor. They fought on equal grounds.

Oreoghoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arqe said:

@sexybayonetta22: I don't consider WW a jobber because we can see from the Steppenwolf vs. basically the whole world shows that New Gods > Old Gods. Wonder Woman tried everything but her sword couldn't do damage to Steppenwolf's armor. They fought on equal grounds.

Ok but remember WW sword of Athena couldn't pierce Steppenwolf ( casual DD flesh piercer ) but Aquaman Atlanna's trident could with extreme ease.

So Atlantian technology ( forget Poseidon's trident of old gods ) >>> divine weapon from olympians ? By logic Diana sword should casually pierce him and Atlanna's trident should be much inferior. This is weird seriously

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos in the MCU is just a brick. He has no versatility like his 616 counterpart has. He is strong but he isn't that much stronger than MCU Thor as thanos was pushing down on his axe and Thor was holding him back with great effort. His big feat was breaking cap's shield but Joe Russo implied in an interview recently that Thanos blade played a role in shattering the shield.

With his speed there isn't much reason superman can't do to thanos what thanos did to hulk basically.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos in the MCU is just a brick. He has no versatility like his 616 counterpart has. He is strong but he isn't that much stronger than MCU Thor as thanos was pushing down on his axe and Thor was holding him back with great effort. His big feat was breaking cap's shield but Joe Russo implied in an interview recently that Thanos blade played a role in shattering the shield.

With his speed there isn't much reason superman can't do to thanos what thanos did to hulk basically.

arqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By arqe

@sexybayonetta22: But she didn't try to stab him that is the difference. She always goes for slash attacks and her weapon bounced off. Aquaman's trident bounced off couple of times too when he tried to hit from different angles only pierced him when he throw the Trident which is stabbing.

Maybe she could've pierced too if she tried to stab instead of slash attacks all the time.

Just like regular sword vs. plate armor. They can't cut it with a slash it but they can stab it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arqe said:

@sexybayonetta22: But she didn't try to stab him that is the difference. She always goes for slash attacks and her weapon bounced off. Aquaman's trident bounced off couple of times too when he tried to hit from different angles only pierced him when he throw the Trident which is stabbing.

Maybe she could've pierced too if she tried to stab instead of slash attacks all the time.

ahh makes sense

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sexybayonetta22: @arqe:

I agree. However, she was able to cut him with a slash: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/wonder-woman-did-cut-sw-2014974/

The only time she failed to cut SW, iirc, was when she was hanging on to an edge and smacked his boot with her sword. Something that should be noted is that she is hanging with one hand, making her extremely unbalanced. While in a state like this, it is very difficult to generate much force. I think that is what caused Wonder Woman to fail the first time (the fact that she was unable to generate enough force), further supported in the fact that she was able to cut him later in the film. I am aware, however, that swinging a sword and slicing with a sword would be different and this too could have been the cause for the different outcomes.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

>People say Thanos can react to Superman

>Thanos could barely keep up with Cap

Thanos loses here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a
deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While Thanos has more advantages Superman's advantages are just more useful in a fight. I'd probably side with Superman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos is the clear tactical battlegenius here. "If" Thanos can react to Superman then ill give Thanos the clear majority win. If Thanos cannot react to his speed then Superman should take the clear majority win.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

I have a question. I've heard people say that Carol Danvers is the physical equivalent to DCEU Superman in terms of speed. I didn't watch Captain Marvel, I've only her in Endgame. Is there any truth in that comparison? Or are people just wanking her?

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Thanos

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

I have a question. I've heard people say that Carol Danvers is the physical equivalent to DCEU Superman in terms of speed. I didn't watch Captain Marvel, I've only her in Endgame. Is there any truth in that comparison? Or are people just wanking her?

I never saw captain marvel either. She had that one scene where she no sold a headbutt from thanos in infinity war. I've seen some people claim she was absorbing power from the gauntlet and some people claimed she can't do that. She also did have that one feat of flying through the ship in infinity war which was impressive. So she could be as strong or stronger I guess. I would have to think how that feat of her bullrushing through Thanos feat compares to the world engine.

She doesn't seem to be as fast as superman. Thanos dodge and throw her at one point. She did intercept him when he tried to snap but she doesn't seem to punch faster than other power houses in the MCU.

All though this is just based on what I've seen in End Game.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

It can be argued she's stronger because of what she did to a missile, but Clark is faster and consistently so.

Blueshoecant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gracetrack: lol no, with 5 stones he beats Supes easily.

arqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc said:

@sexybayonetta22: @arqe:

I agree. However, she was able to cut him with a slash: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/wonder-woman-did-cut-sw-2014974/

The only time she failed to cut SW, iirc, was when she was hanging on to an edge and smacked his boot with her sword. Something that should be noted is that she is hanging with one hand, making her extremely unbalanced. While in a state like this, it is very difficult to generate much force. I think that is what caused Wonder Woman to fail the first time (the fact that she was unable to generate enough force), further supported in the fact that she was able to cut him later in the film. I am aware, however, that swinging a sword and slicing with a sword would be different and this too could have been the cause for the different outcomes.

I just watched the scene on 4k with really really really slow motion and you are right, she outright cuts her there and can see his blood spraying but that is almost not noticable on regular screen with lower resolution, let alone normal speed because of her sword glows and makes sparkles ...

Yes her sword cuts the metal New Gods use. So she can basically cuts everyone with the sword. Yeah she literally leveled up another tier there.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arqe: Lol. And yeah I agree, it's very hard to notice. I saw someone point it out a few months ago and I decided to make a thread for it for reference.

Usha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm going with Thanos.

Supes can speed-blitz all he wants but when Thanos picks up on that pattern, Supes is gonna be one broken boi.

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SM this is unfair to Thanos.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jagernutt said:

@jashro44:

It can be argued she's stronger because of what she did to a missile, but Clark is faster and consistently so.

What kind of combat speed level would you put in? Close to Superman? Halfway to Superman? Or nowhere near him?

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

I wouldn't even put her combat speed on Wonder Woman level. She has an impressive travel speed, and decent reaction speed (dodging projectiles while flying). I don't think it matters that much here since Carol should be able to beat base Thanos.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan:

Do you think that Thanos sword would have cut her? It broke Captain America shield?

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jagernutt: Probably not... MCU vibranium is very underwhelming in terms of feats. I think people are mixing it up with 616 version. It got destroyed/damaged by Hulk, Scarlet Witch, Thor (I think he did when he destroyed Sokovia)... Which are nearly all the high-tier MCU has. Adding Thanos into the mix doesn't really help Thanos' case to me, it's to be expected.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By MethoKi

@jagernutt: Honestly, I'd say she's at Cap's level of combat speed. She can't hang with Clark or Diana when it comes down to that.

Also, I've been saying for some time that MCU Vibranium has no feats of durability in that it absorbs kinetic energy and Thanos was the first we saw do something that wasn't attacking it in the form of kinetic energy (crushing Vision's head with pressure). The sword breaking Vibranium isn't really an indication it would cut Carol. She actually has outright feats of durability.