This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by MrSmart (10 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Thanos

2. Thanos w. powergem

3. Thanos w. full infinity gauntlet

#2 Posted by MrSmart (10 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Superman one shots. We don't know how strong he is but with the powergem he's still not able to take out the Hulk instantly.

2. Superman wins. It takes him a few punches to drop him but Thanos is so slow he can't compete.

3. Superman wins again, Thanos still can't compete with his super speed and with what happened with Thor and Thanos when Thanos had all the gems, he can't compete with an enraged Man of Steel.

Avatar image for franklinbrichard
#3 Posted by FranklinBRichard (29 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure about round 1. Thanos wins 2 and 3.

#4 Posted by Eobard21 (6255 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes r1

Thanos r2 And 3

#6 Posted by miekskywalker (2336 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrsmart: thanos never used a gem against hulk. And he knocked him out within 10 seconds.

Something Thor or Ironman couldn’t do in that time frame

#7 Posted by Tony_Shark (2108 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't the power gem a casual planetary level?

If so Superman is toast.

#8 Posted by icec0ld (1321 posts) - - Show Bio

If ironman can make thanos with the gauntlet bleed, then Clark kills him.ironman is nowhere in the same stratosphere as Superman strength wise.

#9 Posted by BillyBickle (433 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes gets turned to swiss cheese.

#10 Edited by TheOmniDoctor (26 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Superman in a curbstomp

Round 2: Still Superman, but not as much as a stomp

Round 3: Could go either way, but Superman would win if he blitzed Thanos before he could use the gauntlet. If Thor landed a fatal blow on Thanos, why not Superman?

Comparisons:

Striking Strength: Superman>Base Thanos (Superman causes shockwaves and displacements in the air with casual punches and headbutts, not to mention he can destroy buildings, harmed Doomsday, incapped Wonder Woman and made Steppenwolf bleed with single punch)

Lifting Strength: Superman>>>Thanos (Superman dragged a steamship, lifting an entire apartment building effortlessly and there's also the tectonic plate feat should we count that)

Blunt Durability: Superman>>>Thanos (Though Thanos was cut by Iron Man's repeated strikes, he was unfazed by punches from Hulk and Thor. Superman never got a scratch/bled and appeared 100% unhurt after fighting Zod and getting beaten by Doomsday, also tanked the energies of the Mother Boxes when they were separated)

Piercing Durability: Superman>>Thanos

Explosive/Energy Durability: Superman>Thanos

Movement Speed: Superman>>>>>>>>>Thanos (Thanos would be a statue)

Reaction Speed: Superman>>>>>>>>>>Thanos

Combat Speed: Superman>>>>>>>>>>Thanos

If Thanos has no stones (or Base Thanos), then he is pretty much fodder to Superman. Superman does have superior physical stats to Thanos but I do admit if Thanos has all the stones and successfully catches Superman, then he loses.

#11 Posted by kgb725 (19247 posts) - - Show Bio

@icec0ld: "You did all that just for a drop of blood" let's not pretend he had Thanos on the backfoot

#12 Posted by Absolut3zero (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1 : Superman curbstomps

Round 2 : Superman with high difficulty

Round 3 : Thanos one shoot

#13 Edited by RR79 (6761 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Thanos

This one can be close mainly because of Superman's speed. However, when you take into account that even with the IG Thanos never once used it for defense and still yet the only one that did any real damage to him was Thor after he got Stormbreaker, I'm not positive Superman can put him down here even. But this round Superman might possibly win.

2. Thanos w. powergem

Can't really say how much this stone amped him. He didn't seem to use it against Hulk, Thor, Heimdall, Loki...etc and took them out with no problem. So this round, since I don't know exactly how much it amped him I can't really give him any amp. Obviously it would amp him but since I can't say how much I would rather err on the side of making him less powerful than more. That being said it would still be hard for Superman based on his insane durability as well as skill. Superman might possibly win this round.

Superman literally has no chance in hell of winning this round.

#15 Posted by ErickAgl17 (407 posts) - - Show Bio

Theres some coments in this post, idk if you guys seen the movie but here it goes:

1.-Thanos Wasnt using Gems against Hulk, and still he KO him in a few seconds due to superior combat speed+skill and slightly more strength

2.-Storm Breaker is waay stronger than Mjolnir, and superman´s best striking feats are barely on par with mjolnir, also Stormbreaker took a full IG beam and still went right to Thanos Chest, and we know that Mindstone beam can Melt vibranium by itself.

3.- You could make an argument for Ironman being Superior to the Hulk or Base Thor in this movie, which makes Thanos only bleeding from his punches a good feat, even then he just tried and beat Ironman After.

R1: Superman 10/10 he is still superior in combat speed, and strength (Thanos is basically a faster, skilled hulk, not really enough to beat Superman but he can give a fight at least for 2 minutes, before getting overwhelmed by Clark's Superior Stats)

R1: If superman doesnt instakill him he is dead..Powerstone has planet busting feats, Thanos just doesnt use them in the movie because he wants to finish his final goal. However, if Thanos just sees how fast and strong is superman, he will not hesitate to just finish him right there. Thanos 8/10 (only because an in-character superman wouldnt just instakill Thanos..thats just not superman)

R3: Thanos Curb stomps, he is a low-mid reality Wraper, he has the other abilities from the stones, he can arguably contain superman with energy TK like he did to Warmachine, he can just snap his fingers and finish him....IF anything goes wrong, he just goes back in time and RESETS the fight..or he just TP's away with Space Stone.

#16 Posted by VergilCain (9 posts) - - Show Bio

@erickagl17:

1.Where were these planet busting feats exactly?

2. Resetting time only works if he does it in advance.

3. Teleporting away counts as he gives up. Never heard Supes winning because the enemy BFR themselves tbh.

4.Like he did to Warmachine??? Cuz Supes and Rhodey are in the same strength tier.

5. IG Thanos reacted to Thor with beam spam, he isn't snapping his fingers at all.

Thinking about it, Thanos has to close his hand to use the IG. Seeing as he likes to (pointlessly) aim his glove with glowing stones when using their powers, after the second (failed) use of the IG, Supes will just take the glove from him.

#17 Posted by KanyeCosby (7190 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos was a complete jobber in that movie. Superman stomps the first two rounds and he loses the second one.

#18 Posted by ErickAgl17 (407 posts) - - Show Bio

@erickagl17:

1.Where were these planet busting feats exactly?

2. Resetting time only works if he does it in advance.

3. Teleporting away counts as he gives up. Never heard Supes winning because the enemy BFR themselves tbh.

4.Like he did to Warmachine??? Cuz Supes and Rhodey are in the same strength tier.

5. IG Thanos reacted to Thor with beam spam, he isn't snapping his fingers at all.

Thinking about it, Thanos has to close his hand to use the IG. Seeing as he likes to (pointlessly) aim his glove with glowing stones when using their powers, after the second (failed) use of the IG, Supes will just take the glove from him.

-Power Gem destroyed a Planet in that GOTG Flash back, Thanos destroyed that Big ship with the Gem, he destroyed part of the moon with it, The only reason he doesnt use it against people at its fullest is becuase he doesnt want to..

-Still works

-He can teleport to heal then come back, eventually superman will get tired

-Its not about Strength

-He didtn want to kill Thor, just stop him to complete his goal.

-Superman doesnt know about the guantlet or its powers. he could take a while to figure out before getting vaped

#19 Posted by omriamar (7068 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 2 : Superman mid diff at best

Round 3 : Thanos snap his fingers

#20 Posted by Crunch5481 (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

If they are both fighting smart and to the best of their abilities then:

1) Superman

2) Superman, because at his best he would speed blitz and prevent Thanos from getting a chance to do anything with the power gem.

3) All Thanos has to do is snap his fingers, but Superman is faster so there is a "chance" he could stop him or prevent him from being able to access the infinity guantlet. Otherwise Thanos.

#21 Posted by SuperGoku17 (7220 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by Crunch5481 (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

@rr79 said:

1. Thanos

This one can be close mainly because of Superman's speed. However, when you take into account that even with the IG Thanos never once used it for defense and still yet the only one that did any real damage to him was Thor after he got Stormbreaker, I'm not positive Superman can put him down here even. But this round Superman might possibly win.

2. Thanos w. powergem

Can't really say how much this stone amped him. He didn't seem to use it against Hulk, Thor, Heimdall, Loki...etc and took them out with no problem. So this round, since I don't know exactly how much it amped him I can't really give him any amp. Obviously it would amp him but since I can't say how much I would rather err on the side of making him less powerful than more. That being said it would still be hard for Superman based on his insane durability as well as skill. Superman might possibly win this round.

"However, when you take into account that even with the IG Thanos never once used it for defense"

Off the top of my head he used it for defense when Scarlet Witch was blasting him at the end. He used it as a shield and moved closer. I'm pretty sure there are more times, but that's all I can currently remember.

Also, I'm about 99% sure he used the power gem on Hulk in the beginning of the movie, I definitely remember it glowing after Hulks initial attack.

#23 Posted by THORSON (4973 posts) - - Show Bio

look at all the people defending superman..hahaha!!

#24 Posted by Zansuke (208 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman's biggest weapon is his strength and speed. He hits fast and hard.

Thanos can take his beating... so its stale mate in the first round.

Round 2 and 3, Thanos crushes Superman

Avatar image for deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf
#25 Posted by deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

thanos

#26 Posted by sky_warrior (823 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 2 : Superman still stomp

#27 Posted by RR79 (6761 posts) - - Show Bio

@rr79 said:

1. Thanos

2. Thanos w. powergem

"However, when you take into account that even with the IG Thanos never once used it for defense"

Off the top of my head he used it for defense when Scarlet Witch was blasting him at the end. He used it as a shield and moved closer. I'm pretty sure there are more times, but that's all I can currently remember.

Also, I'm about 99% sure he used the power gem on Hulk in the beginning of the movie, I definitely remember it glowing after Hulks initial attack.

To be fair, that line is talking about when he was taking on the Asgardians and Hulk. He never used it for defense there. I don't remember the power gem glowing when he was fighting Hulk, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. I'll have to watch the movie again to be sure, but it won't be tonight. I have a migraine and am probably going to go to bed soon.

#28 Posted by Crunch5481 (1210 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Edited by Galactic_1000 (5770 posts) - - Show Bio

R1:Supes

R2:Supes

R3:Thanos

#30 Posted by HATSoffMELO (2555 posts) - - Show Bio

1 Superman

2 Thanos

3 Mismatch

#31 Edited by Chewbacca (188 posts) - - Show Bio

1. stalemate, Thanos can keep superman at bay with cosmic energy projection and Telekinesis, and supermans heatvision, physical attacks and freeze breath will only cause minor bruises on the Mad titan.

2. Thanos quite easy, with the power gem Kal-El can not hurt him at all, and will eventually succumb to Thanos punches.

3. Thanos with no difficulty, because of time and reality manipulation.

Avatar image for parallax_hal_jordan
#32 Posted by Parallax_Hal_Jordan (1411 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Superman curbstomps.

Round 2: Superman wins (maybe stomps)

Round 3: Thanos if he can acces the IG power, if Clark has any knowledge or realises what the IG is capable of before getting erased, he might remove it and proceed to trash Thanos.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ae771f2dc451
#33 Posted by deactivated-5ae771f2dc451 (70 posts) - - Show Bio

@parallax_hal_jordan said:

Round 1: Superman curbstomps.

Round 2: Superman wins (maybe stomps)

Round 3: Thanos if he can acces the IG power, if Clark has any knowledge or realises what the IG is capable of before getting erased, he might remove it and proceed to trash Thanos.

This.

#34 Posted by thiccionary (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1 superman. Round 2 superman. Rounds 3 has so many scenarios for Thanos to win. Activate the time stone's save point before the fight starts and he's invincible. Or the fight starts but it is actually an illusion. Freeze superman with the time gem. Delete superman from existence.

#35 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16369 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Could go either way

Round 2: Thanos 6/10

Round 3: Mismatch

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#36 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (7564 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman would treat stoneless Thanos like Steppenwold and just powerstone Thanos loses the rest though

#37 Posted by SupeRSamoaN (23 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrsmart said:

1. Superman one shots. We don't know how strong he is but with the powergem he's still not able to take out the Hulk instantly.

2. Superman wins. It takes him a few punches to drop him but Thanos is so slow he can't compete.

3. Superman wins again, Thanos still can't compete with his super speed and with what happened with Thor and Thanos when Thanos had all the gems, he can't compete with an enraged Man of Steel.

Bro are you drunk? or maybe high? Yeah Supes wins round one, but round one and two go to Thanos easily.

#38 Posted by the_wspanialy (4096 posts) - - Show Bio

@omriamar said:

#39 Posted by godzilla44 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@omriamar said:

#40 Posted by miekskywalker (2336 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrsmart: thanos has never been knocked out not in comics and not in the film no one is one shoting him

Avatar image for supermanforever
#41 Posted by Supermanforever (8541 posts) - - Show Bio

If superman has knowledge about gauntlet he would speedblitz and take it from thanos.

#42 Posted by AshKetchum93 (234 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos was given 0 speed feats. Meanwhile, snyder's fight choreo had kryptonians spamming their super speed regularly. Thanos has no response to the blitz (which is an in character attack in the DCEU) even with the full gauntlet

Obviously if supes doesn't know what the gauntlet does, then he loses round 3 EASILY. But if he did have prior knowledge, sans PIS, he could blitz thanos constantly and never let him close his fist. Sans PIS, thanos would never land a hit and supes takes all rounds. In the movies with the normal level of PIS, thanos takes round 3 but supes for rounds 1 and 2

#43 Edited by ANTHP2000 (27951 posts) - - Show Bio

Clark

Clark

Thanos

#44 Posted by MoTM (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman all rounds.

He blitzes the gems.

#45 Posted by Noone1996 (11865 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos wins.

#46 Posted by Buckwheat (2307 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrsmart said:

Thanos was foddering around, since just with the reality Gem he should have been able to turn Thor into jell-o, like he did to Drax or Mantis.

Granted Supes speed and sheer strength would be a problem for the Titan, but with the full gountlet Thanos can control reality and time, aside from the other powers he gets. Logically he should be able to destroy Superman.

#47 Edited by Buckwheat (2307 posts) - - Show Bio

@icec0ld said:

If ironman can make thanos with the gauntlet bleed, then Clark kills him.ironman is nowhere in the same stratosphere as Superman strength wise.

You must admit Thanos was not going full out. If he was he could've turned Ironman into jell-o like he did to Mantis, or brake him into pieces with a thought, like he did to Drax.

Trading blows with Ironman was just Thanos' way of heaving fun, knowing full well they could not defeat him.

#48 Posted by Mutant1230 (6649 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrsmart said:

#49 Posted by AshKetchum93 (234 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Edited by Emanresu_20 (3006 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Superman

2. Thanos does to Superman what he did to the moons surface.

3. Thanos just staps his fingers.

Where are all these alts coming from?