DCEU Superman runs an villain gauntlet

• 60 results
#51 Posted by Namebk (1663 posts) - - Show Bio

Could clear with bfr but if he doesn't stop at 6.

#52 Posted by Six-Deuce (1776 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: 1) You do not know that the lightning surrounding Thor's weapon in that clip does not add to its strength and durability...especially when there are feats of his lightning striking through the bifrost on it's own. You are stating an unsubstantiated opinion as fact. 2) Having established Hela's powers of making metal out of thin air of different sizes and shapes, it is MOST logical to assume the spikes she controls are part of THAT power and not some new made up one (pulling material from a mundane source) just because it didnt shoot from her hands. 3) Hela's healing factor is part and parcel of her durability...it is irrelevant if she had gotten marked up, then healed it (unshown if true). She was not put down by an energy attack far stronger than heat vision. This is a good illustration of you being unfair and illogical here. 4) I did provide feats...in fact there are no feats that I know of that Hela's blades could not pierce a substance. Helas metal pierced bifrost and solid asgard door, some sort of asgard concrete, thor, Surtur, etc. Wheras Kryptonians have been pierced by bullets (at the low end) and a sword which could not hurt Steppenwolf which was later hurt by fodder claws. Sorry that I confused the swords. I will rely on SW being more durable to cutting than kryptonian when later hurt by fodder instead. Supes is faster, but as I said...not so much faster that she cannot tag him with her metal and if he gets tagged he dies. Supes does not have DD ability to evolve a new limb. Stops at Hela

#53 Edited by MethoKi (12588 posts) - - Show Bio

@six-deuce: You do not know that the lightning surrounding Thor's weapon in that clip does not add to its strength and durability...especially when there are feats of his lightning striking through the bifrost on it's own.

Similarly, I can say you don't know that it does, especially when the lightning that broke through the bridge was several times larger than the usual tendrils of lightning that Thor was emitting.

Having established Hela's powers of making metal out of thin air of different sizes and shapes

I'm going to stop you right there. Hela has never made metal out of thin air. We see two places she draws her blades from; her body and then the ground of Asgard.

it is MOST logical to assume the spikes she controls are part of THAT power and not some new made up one (pulling material from a mundane source) just because it didnt shoot from her hands.

I'm lost on the point you're making here. I said that we have no proof that the swords she draw from her body are the same material as she draws from Asgard. Which means she doesn't have the same cutting ability with her regular swords that she does with giant spikes.

Hela's healing factor is part and parcel of her durability...it is irrelevant if she had gotten marked up, then healed it (unshown if true). She was not put down by an energy attack far stronger than heat vision.

Clark's healing factor is part and parcel of his durability. It is irrelevant that he had gotten marked up from a nuclear explosion in his face then healed it. He was not put down by an attack far stronger than Hela's blades.........

I did provide feats...in fact there are no feats that I know of that Hela's blades could not pierce a substance

Because everything you listed that her blades (not giant spikes) cut through have been cut by lesser objects in the past. Asgardian armor has been pierced by fodder Frost Giants and Thor has been cut repeatedly by blunt force and Loki.... Unless you think all of them are on the same level as Hela.

Helas metal pierced bifrost and solid asgard door

Giant spikes drawn from Asgard. Sorry, it's getting repetitive to point out the obvious. If she draws this metal out of thin air like you claim, why did they always come from the ground underneath her? A being that just materializes objects from 0 matter doesn't need a source to draw from. How would she be able to hold a ship in place with metal out of thin air if not connected to a much larger source, i.e; the planet underneath them?

Wheras Kryptonians have been pierced by bullets

Which Kryptonian has been pierced by a bullet? And please provide the instance where the breached the skin.

a sword which could not hurt Steppenwolf which was later hurt by fodder claws.

The Greek Pantheon had decent feats of power; One arrow from Artemis took out a massive chunk of an Apokoliptian ship, Zeus' lightning effortlessly separated the Unity of the Mother Boxes that we see later is so tightly connected that Clark strains to separate them, Ares who, by the time we see him in WW is self-admittedly a shell of his former self and is severely depowered is able to draw lightning so powerful that it creates a massive crater in the ground and completely vaporizes his body. Steppenwolf took Zeus' lightning and was more annoyed with the loss of the war and took an axe swing to the shoulder from Ares who at that point was presumably fully powered and brushed it off. Steppenwolf also survived the immense pressure of a deep sea dive to Atlantis, he took several hits to the body from Clark and got back into the fight and took heat vision that as I previously stated cuts through skyscrapers.

The context behind both the sword not cutting Steppenwolf and being hurt by Parademons are that Diana never got a clean swing at him like she did Doomsday as Steppenwolf was nearly always out of reach. This is where I'm going to ask you to provide Diana failing to cut Steppenwolf with an actual swing. Because right here with the only swing of any substance she cuts into the armor and breaks it;

Evidenced by the fact there is blood in the same area;

Before Diana's swing and after.
Before Diana's swing and after.

He's hurt by fodder claws because his source of power; the Electro Axe was destroyed. There's really not much more to be said here.

Failing to cut Steppenwolf means what here, exactly? Hela has been cut by less than Diana's sword and so has Thor. With what we've seen her cutting, she cuts through both of them effortlessly.

Supes is faster, but as I said...not so much faster that she cannot tag him with her metal

Proof? Hela has never fought anyone remotely near to the level of speed Clark is on and needs to throw her arms forward to draw a blade. When Thor turned on his "God" mode he had Hela on her heels narrowly avoiding him.

We've gone through all this and you're only way of putting Hela's sword on Diana's level is through downplay of Diana's feats. The best way for you to convince me that it cuts Clark is through pitting comparing it's own feats of cutting to Clark's durability.

#54 Posted by macleen (3705 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at DD. The only reason he BFR'd him is because he sneaked on him.

#55 Edited by arqe (982 posts) - - Show Bio

Abomination and Ultron can change places maybe. IDK.

Thanos way too high. He is maybe the 3rd on the list.

Doomsday above Apocalypse.

Steppenwolf above Hela.

Hela and Ares is debateable.

Also stops at DD. Stalemate without Kryptonite.

#56 Posted by AllHellKingDox (482 posts) - - Show Bio

Hela shoots necro blade supes tanks it or grabs it then shoves it through her face.

#57 Edited by Six-Deuce (1776 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: you want me to prove Thor used lightning to amp? Well, a punch without lighting effect to hulk while in the arena barely staggers him. Shortly after a lighning effect jab (without a wind up) basically KOs hulk and sens him flying. It is reasonable to assume the lightning surrounding the blade amped it to an unspecified degree and your position is far less likely. DD got shot in the stomach and doubled over in pain....he was assuredly effected by the bullets, then he evolved. Diana's sword did not cut clean through SW, if she scratched him as you theorize then this still is a negative feat for kryptonian flesh. As getting cut like nothing is the only showing of kryptonian flesh vs magical metal you have to agree it can happen and this becomes whether Hela's metal more likely than not would. I have provided feats to show by a preponderance of likelyhood that it would cut Clark. Hela is assuredly not being knocked out by Clark so fast she cannot tag him so.....like I said initially, if she can cut, he dies.

#58 Posted by Peyton-M (58 posts) - - Show Bio

Why the f is steppen wolf on here he already clapped him

#59 Edited by BOC (2022 posts) - - Show Bio

@peyton-m said:

Why the f is steppen wolf on here he already clapped him

Brotha deserves a second chance.

#60 Edited by MethoKi (12588 posts) - - Show Bio

@six-deuce said:

@batman242: you want me to prove Thor used lightning to amp? Well, a punch without lighting effect to hulk while in the arena barely staggers him. Shortly after a lighning effect jab (without a wind up) basically KOs hulk and sens him flying. It is reasonable to assume the lightning surrounding the blade amped it to an unspecified degree and your position is far less likely. DD got shot in the stomach and doubled over in pain....he was assuredly effected by the bullets, then he evolved. Diana's sword did not cut clean through SW, if she scratched him as you theorize then this still is a negative feat for kryptonian flesh. As getting cut like nothing is the only showing of kryptonian flesh vs magical metal you have to agree it can happen and this becomes whether Hela's metal more likely than not would. I have provided feats to show by a preponderance of likelyhood that it would cut Clark. Hela is assuredly not being knocked out by Clark so fast she cannot tag him so.....like I said initially, if she can cut, he dies.

I'm asking you to prove that Thor's cloak enhances durability like you hypothesized earlier. Is it not more likely that Thor's lightning amped strikes add more force through the 'explosive' properties of lightning? When lightning makes contact with the ground, it creates a shockwave that ripples violently through the air. We call this shockwave thunder. There are real world accounts of minute disruptions in the air from the effects of thunder. Here's one;

All this said, there's a clear cut reason as to why Thor cloaking himself or a weapon with lightning would enhance the 'force' of a blunt hit, but there's no explanation as to why it would increase his or it's overall strength or durability.

There's nothing about DD's scene that suggests that he had been pierced and what's even worse is that we know Kryptonians have taken that same caliber of a round and were only annoyed by it; Nam-Ek and Clark each took a 30x173mm round that travels at mach 3 and were not pierced. DD took a volley of 30x113mm rounds that travel at mach 2.3. I'm actually waiting for you to prove that the bullet pierced DD. Did you see him bleed? Did you see the round in his stomach? Did you see a wound get mended? Can you show the exact spot where he got pierced?

What has Steppenwolf's armor failed to protect him against before both the separation of the Unity and destruction of his axe? I fail to understand how failing to cut into a metal that has very little feats, and those that we have are of very high resistance to high-tier attacks makes an anti-feat for Kryptonian flesh. A real anti-feat would be you arguing that Hela's blades cut Thor, Surtur and the bridge and thus can cut Clark, yet get destroyed by an M16 rifle.

Heat vision splitting her in half is still a very viable option. Clark is still far faster than she is and you haven't given any feats that suggest she'd even perceive him if he instantly goes for a blitz (which he will). He can take her off her feet and throw her into the air and beat her there. Hela has displayed no amount of control over her body while suspended and will be open to every form of attack that Clark can dish out. Clark has the speed enough to catch her blades and behead her with it.

if she can cut, he dies.

She can't and you prance around giving anything that proves your case.