DCEU Superman(Post JL) VS DCEU Doomsday

• 69 results
Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
#51 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11762 posts) - - Show Bio

@khael said:

@petey_is_spidey: Nice breakdown but I was talking about the part when Superman was busy saving Lois. If he was as fast as Superman was in JL, he wouldn't get his arm chopped off, next thing we knew it might be his head for all we know.

And this goes without saying, how exactly does Superman hurt DD? Let's put aside the insinuation within the film that physical weapons could not harm him, and let's assume his "no-selling" durabilty is a 5.7 megaton nuke - as shown in BvS - and... IDK, his peak durability (at that point) to kill him was say, a 50 MT nuke (I just made that figure up, but I'm trying to prove a point). Since when could Superman dish out such damage????? Even if he could strike with the power of over 5 MT of tnt, and he delivered 1,000 of those punches per second, they won't hurt DD, since he'll simply absorb them.

Superman was also there when the nuke happened, just saying... It goes both ways. After all the Superman that DD stomped at the beginning just fought Batman and being exposed with a lot of kryptonite. Plus, he almost managed to BFR Doomsday if it weren't for the nuke, now that he has better control over his speed and not being exposed by kryptonite, it'd just be easier for him to do so.

Well in my opinion, that is.

If BFR is allowed, Superman could definitely BFR, especially since he knows how to use his speed now and doesn't simply bullrush. But I just think that if he decides to slug it out - even with his superior speed - he's in for a rude awakening.

#52 Posted by BrutaleBent (45 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna go with Doomsday, even though Superman was a fucking powerhouse in JL (in a bad way, even if epic in itself).

Avatar image for darthvaderrocks
#53 Edited by darthvaderrocks (2209 posts) - - Show Bio

Can they even hurt each other? A weakened Superman was still sending Doomsday flying with his punches and holding him in a chokehold which Doomsday could not escape from. A post-Nuke Doomsday sent Superman flying with a punch, kneed him well over 50 feet and then gave him an extended taste of his HV and Superman proceeded to tank all that. Same thing happened with the Superman and Zod fight where they spent the whole fight punching each other across the city only to do little to no damage to each other.

So really they can take turns doing whatever they want with each other and yet they're still gonna be unscathed and probably won't be close to being KO'd. Stalemate.

#54 Posted by MattyBoi (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

DD wins

#55 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11762 posts) - - Show Bio

DD stomps

#56 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11762 posts) - - Show Bio

Can they even hurt each other? A weakened Superman was still sending Doomsday flying with his punches and holding him in a chokehold which Doomsday could not escape from. A post-Nuke Doomsday sent Superman flying with a punch, kneed him well over 50 feet and then gave him an extended taste of his HV and Superman proceeded to tank all that. Same thing happened with the Superman and Zod fight where they spent the whole fight punching each other across the city only to do little to no damage to each other.

So really they can take turns doing whatever they want with each other and yet they're still gonna be unscathed and probably won't be close to being KO'd. Stalemate.

Except DD will continue to increase in strength while Superman stays stagnant; so unless you believe that Superman's power has the ability to magically increase, then eventually DD will evolve to a point where it won't be a stalemate.

#57 Posted by darthvaderrocks (2209 posts) - - Show Bio

@petey_is_spidey: Doomsday can get as strong as he wants and yet he's got no feats to suggest it would be anything but a stalemate.

Also Doomsday seems to adapt off radiation or energy not striking.

#58 Posted by BalancedTruth (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

He planet wouldn’t survive the fight

#59 Posted by CreoleCuddy (990 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman was weakened by Kryptonite when he fought Doomsday, then nearly got killed by a nuke right after. So of course, he wasn't going to be at his full potential.

I say it could go either way TBH.

#60 Posted by Richubs (6546 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday still wins

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c
#61 Posted by deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c (3506 posts) - - Show Bio

@petey_is_spidey: Doomsday can get as strong as he wants and yet he's got no feats to suggest it would be anything but a stalemate.

Also Doomsday seems to adapt off radiation or energy not striking.

Well, he absorbed energy from Diana's strikes.

And his boney protrusions might cut Clark, though that Kryptonite really screws with my judgement here.

#62 Posted by darthvaderrocks (2209 posts) - - Show Bio

@rajjar: He absorbed it but he didn't seem to get amped by anything but energy or radiation. Kinda hard to say if striking amps him aside from the fact the impact makes him glow red a little.

Didn't Doomsday only get his spikes because Wonder Woman cut his hand off? He didn't have them any other time to my memory. But I do agree that due to the Kryptonite it's hard to tell if it would have pierced him had the Kryptonite not been there.

#63 Edited by deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c (3506 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthvaderrocks said:

@rajjar: He absorbed it but he didn't seem to get amped by anything but energy or radiation. Kinda hard to say if striking amps him aside from the fact the impact makes him glow red a little.

Well it's kinetic energy, and I bet he got a whole lot of glow from falling back to Earth. It's not really an amp as it is him collecting it to release later.

Didn't Doomsday only get his spikes because Wonder Woman cut his hand off? He didn't have them any other time to my memory.

He got those bony protrusions after the nuke, though. He full on shed his skin too IIRC.

But I do agree that due to the Kryptonite it's hard to tell if it would have pierced him had the Kryptonite not been there.

The only other way we can say is Kryptonian bone > Kryptonian skin and muscle. What do you think about that?

DD should win if he gets Clark in a CQC. Considering Zoe died from getting his neck broken, if DD starts laying down the pain on Clark, he should be unconscious eventually.

#64 Posted by darthvaderrocks (2209 posts) - - Show Bio

@rajjar: if that's what it does it probably doesn't even matter. Clark only got moved inches by the AOE Doomsday released at the start of the fight

No Caption Provided

Yeah but he wasn't stabbing anybody with them. In fact he didn't even anything to stab them with.

I could see it although Kryptonian skin is really durable and strong.

Problem with that for me is Doomsday didn't show enough to suggest he could knock Clark out. Doomsday only ever really knocked Clark back and that was it

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

For me there's just not enough evidence to say Doomsday could KO Clark which is why I think it's a stalemate. They just don't hurt each other lol

#65 Posted by deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c (3506 posts) - - Show Bio

@rajjar: if that's what it does it probably doesn't even matter. Clark only got moved inches by the AOE Doomsday released at the start of the fight

No Caption Provided

Yeah but he wasn't stabbing anybody with them. In fact he didn't even anything to stab them with.

I could see it although Kryptonian skin is really durable and strong.

Problem with that for me is Doomsday didn't show enough to suggest he could knock Clark out. Doomsday only ever really knocked Clark back and that was it

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

For me there's just not enough evidence to say Doomsday could KO Clark which is why I think it's a stalemate. They just don't hurt each other lol

What if it became an MoS situation like in the end of the movie where Clark killed Zod?

#66 Posted by darthvaderrocks (2209 posts) - - Show Bio

@rajjar: Problem is I think Superman is actually stronger than Doomsday. Not only does he have more strength feats but a weakened Superman had him in a headlock and Doomsday even tried to fling Superman off and he couldn't do it.

Also something I remembered is Superman can BFR Doomsday. He was just launching him into space and there was nothing Doomsday could do about it because he can't fly. He would have won had the army didn't intervene. So that's something Superman could do and he's shown he's smart enough to do it.

#67 Posted by ANTHP2000 (29640 posts) - - Show Bio

He'll just lose faster since WW isn't here for backup.

#68 Posted by deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c (3506 posts) - - Show Bio

@rajjar: Problem is I think Superman is actually stronger than Doomsday. Not only does he have more strength feats but a weakened Superman had him in a headlock and Doomsday even tried to fling Superman off and he couldn't do it.

How did Clark get off then?

Also something I remembered is Superman can BFR Doomsday. He was just launching him into space and there was nothing Doomsday could do about it because he can't fly. He would have won had the army didn't intervene. So that's something Superman could do and he's shown he's smart enough to do it.

Yeah BFR is an option, unless DD adapts again lmao.

#69 Posted by darthvaderrocks (2209 posts) - - Show Bio

@rajjar: Because he got hit by the Nuke lol

Yeah but that would just be speculation more than anything. It is odd though he couldn't fly in the film when he's just a more powerful Zod who could fly once he adapted.