• 175 results
#101 Edited by foxerdes (9860 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlockmage:

and why cant Logans claws shred the ax like they do to far more durable things? because they can and would and that would nullify this "almighty reach" advantage you seem to be shoveling, and bringing up skill is pointless because Logan is laughably more skilled.

You reek of salt and butthurt. Anyway, cutting axe is a good point although I cannot really see it happen since Diana' sword failed to do so as far as I remember. And yes, I am one of those people that consider cutting Doomsday a darn good feat. Can be persuaded here though.

and bringing up skill is pointless because Logan is laughably more skilled.

Hulk is in no way skilled enough to properly utilize any reach advantage he possess. Using it as a proof that Steppenwolf' reach is irrelevant doesn't work. On the contrary proving that Wolverine is far more skilled would have much better effect.

Wolverine is just as fast if not faster than Wonder Woman (seriously this wank has to stop, she bullet timed, thats all) its mach 3-4 at best.

Feel free to prove it, I don't mind.

again with this almighty reach advantage as if Logan couldnt easily dodge the axe.

I might even consider addressing that if not for the fact that your post looks like a childish outburst. Too bad, you were on a good way to actually make me say fair point, especially by bringing up skill difference.

#102 Posted by DarkseidThanos (928 posts) - - Show Bio

People thinking DCEU Diana is as fast as wolverine or Spiderman? Pick up a f*n comic!

Steppenwolf isn't that fast anyway, Amazon's, cyborg and aquaman were able to keep up with him

Avatar image for _kingoflatveria
#103 Posted by _KingofLatveria (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

People thinking DCEU Diana is as fast as Wolverine or Spiderman? Pick up a f*n comic!

Steppenwolf isn't that fast anyway, Amazon's, cyborg and aquaman were able to keep up with him

lol ^^^

true though

#104 Posted by _KingofLatveria (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

@foxerdes:

Wolverine's claws are leagues sharper than Diana's sword

#105 Posted by BruceRogers (17075 posts) - - Show Bio

@foxerdes: Hulk being terrible with his reach advantage is false. Even without his thunder claps, he has shown to be capable of tagging guys like Spider-man, Daredevil and even Wolverine himself. He may not be skilled as a traditional fighter but that does not mean just about anyone small and nimble enough can simply avoid him effortlessly.

Either way, Steppenwolf's reach is easily countered with Logan's superior skill and speed. His claws have cut worse, so doing the same to the axe is not going to be an issue at all.

#106 Edited by AcroKat (7384 posts) - - Show Bio

Steppenwolf was keeping up with and dominating Wonder Woman and Aquaman at the same time, he's not that much slower if at all BUT he is horribly outclassed in skill and Wolverine only needs like 1-2 good hits to take him down.

If Steppenwolf can land a hit though I do want to know if this Wolverine is the one that shrugs off blows from Hulk or if he's oneshot by slamming his head into concrete, or if he's stunned by a barbell from Daredevil.

#107 Posted by Worldofthunder (5055 posts) - - Show Bio

@_kingoflatveria: So far none of his speed feats are better than Wonder Woman's museum scene. Straight up blocking a whole magazin of mach 2-3 bullets from a distance less than 5 meters away AND perceiving it in slow motion, is far faster than Logan. Wonder Woman's faster than Logan, and she has a longer reach than Logan, yet Steppenwolf parried most, if not all of her attacks prior to getting beaten to a bloody pulp by Superman.

Also, are you going to use that argument and claim that Logan's durability is strong enough to endure through beatings from high tiers? Is his durability high tier now? Lll

#108 Posted by foxerdes (9860 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers:

Hulk being terrible with his reach advantage is false. Even without his thunder claps, he has shown to be capable of tagging guys like Spider-man, Daredevil and even Wolverine himself. He may not be skilled as a traditional fighter but that does not mean just about anyone small and nimble enough can simply avoid him effortlessly.

Thunder claps are irrelevant here, we were discussing close quarter combat. And just tagging someone doesn't mean that you can utilize your reach advantage like a skilled weapon user does, not even close. Hulk has longer arm, using it to his advantage no brainer, it's different when you get a skilled warrior because he actually exploits it with full awareness of his actions.

Also, how much of tagging them can be attributed to speed or prediction and how much to skill though? Hulk was keeping up with people that are good deal faster than any of those you mentioned. Then again I'm not High-tier expert so correct me about the second part.

Either way, Steppenwolf's reach is easily countered with Logan's superior skill and speed. His claws have cut worse, so doing the same to the axe is not going to be an issue at all.

Never said it's something that lets him win or even gain advantage. Just something that combined with speed and potential AoE allows him to put up a fight, not get stomped in mere seconds. As for cutting axe, I'll gladly see what did Wolverine cut to suggest that and if he how consistent is that. I am pretty sure that he has some neat high end feats but just for the sake of debate I'd like to see them.

#109 Posted by DarkseidThanos (928 posts) - - Show Bio

@worldofthunder: Amazon's, cyborg and aquaman were shown to be the same speed as Steppenwolf

#110 Posted by _KingofLatveria (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

Fast enough to make Spiderman think he was faster

No Caption Provided

Dodges point-blank machine gun fire with his back turned

No Caption Provided

Blitzes 4 soldiers before Mr. Sinsister can say a word

No Caption Provided

Blur Speed Movement

No Caption Provided

Blocks Folley of Arrows Effortlessly

No Caption Provided

Cuts several machine guns in half before they can open fire

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Diana still has a long way 2 go

#111 Posted by Worldofthunder (5055 posts) - - Show Bio
#112 Edited by DarkseidThanos (928 posts) - - Show Bio

@worldofthunder: amazons fought evenly with German soliders, speed feats for the German soliders too?

Are you also saying Amazons, aquaman and cyborg are also bullet timers?

#113 Edited by BruceRogers (17075 posts) - - Show Bio

@foxerdes: I am aware that thunderclaps irrelevant. Which is why I said Hulk tags guys like Spidey, Daredevil and Wolverine without resorting to them. Hulk knows how to use his speed and reach at it's optimum potential. And that definitely counts as skill.

I am not going to argue that Logan will be untouched in this fight since it is completely in character for him to soak up damage. Unless he just blitzes him from the start.

Problem is a) Steph cannot put him down and will only serve to make him madder b) Logan's claws can kill him in one hit.

And given that (for starters), Logan could cut through Omnium steel, which is an element that could construct a metal bar that Grey Hulk could not bend or a net that could restrain Ghost Rider and cut through chains that could bind Hercules, Steph's axs gets sliced like hot butter. He then follows suit.

And no, those arent even his high end feats.

#114 Edited by Worldofthunder (5055 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkseidthanos: @darkseidthanos: Are all amazonians equally as fast and strong now? If some of them can do the things they can do, then it's within their capabilities, not every single amazonian. Do I suddenly have the same physical stats as Mike Tyson because we're both humans? No, neither is it with amazons.

I don't know and I don't care, if they can do it without any PIS then that's their capabilities. Steppenwolf overwhelmed Diana who has better speed than Wolverine, so he should have no problem outspeeding Wolverine. That's all, none of that backward ass logic a lot of people here on the vine like to use.

#115 Posted by jashro44 (51888 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree that stephenwolf is being sold short here. People are saying that wonder woman never used her speed on Stephenwolf but what is this based on exactly? I don't think Stephenwolf is meant to be as fast as wonder woman but he probably is meant to be in a tier where he can keep up with her. Stephenwolf was clearly meant to be a threat to the league before superman showed up and he does seem to have some degree of super speed so I think its fair to say Stephenwolf is meant to fast enough to keep up with wonder woman but not her equal.

Regarding wolverine and wonder womans speed being compared I honestly can't picture wolverine deflecting bullets from several directions like wonder woman was doing in her solo, or doing what she did during the bank scene. What wonder woman did was beyond the bullet timing feats we see from Silver samurai, X-23, Daken, and deadpool. I would even say its probably above Mister X's bullet timing feat against black widow but probably not by much. Wolverine has shown to keep up with people like Gorgon, and Mister X (in the case of Mister X when he goes into his berserker mode and mister X's powers no longer work) so I think him and Stephenwolf are in a similar tier of reflexes. Wolverine might have better movement speed overall though because I don't think Stephenwolf can move as a blur.

Stephenwolfs reach and size I do see as an advantage. It will be harder for wolverine to cut Stephenwolfs limbs off if his limbs are bigger, even if his claws will pierce stephenwolf. And with the reach of his axe he doesn't have to get to close to wolverine to hit him. Also Stephenwolf is obviously much stronger than wolverine so its not like wolverine can parry his attacks. People are saying wolverine can cut stephenwolfs axe to disarm him however that is a lot harder when stepehenwolf is swinging it around. Wolverines claws are only 12 inches long so its going to be hard for him to disarm Stephenwolf when he has to avoid his attacks. Wolverine is without a doubt more skilled so that is an advantage. Wolverines healing factor allows him to soak some damage but I don't think he can take to much punishment.

Overall I am backing wolverine but I do think this is a good fight. I think wolverine has what it takes to get around Stephenwolfs reach and impale him with his claws.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a6e225c194f8
#116 Posted by deactivated-5a6e225c194f8 (237 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkseidthanos: @darkseidthanos: Are all amazonians equally as fast and strong now? If some of them can do the things they can do, then it's within their capabilities, not every single amazonian. Do I suddenly have the same physical stats as Mike Tyson because we're both humans? No, neither is it with amazons.

I don't know and I don't care, if they can do it without any PIS then that's their capabilities. Steppenwolf overwhelmed Diana who has better speed than Wolverine, so he should have no problem outspeeding Wolverine. That's all, none of that backward ass logic a lot of people here on the vine like to use.

Diana is not faster than Logan

#117 Edited by BruceRogers (17075 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Its not that WW did not use her combat speed against him, but the fact that she wasnt fighting at speeds Wolverine himself hasnt fought at. Even faster, if you count his high end feats.

Wolverine may or may not be able to disarm him of his axe mid swing, but he can definitely cut through it.

#118 Posted by TheKinfing (11648 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine blitzes, obviously.

#119 Posted by jashro44 (51888 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Its not that WW did not use her combat speed against him, but the fact that she wasnt fighting at speeds Wolverine himself hasnt fought at. Even faster, if you count his high end feats.

I don't agree with this. I think wonder woman has shown better reflex feats than wolverine. I honestly don't see him replicating what she did in the bank or deflecting bullets from several different directions like this:

No Caption Provided

Wolverine has never done anything like that.

Wolverine may or may not be able to disarm him of his axe mid swing, but he can definitely cut through it.

I can agree he can cut through it. However again its going to be difficult to get a good swing at the axe considering its going to be moving around a lot and wolverine is much better off avoiding it.

#120 Posted by _KingofLatveria (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:
@brucerogers said:

I don't agree with this. I think wonder woman has shown better reflex feats than wolverine. I honestly don't see him replicating what she did in the bank or deflecting bullets from several different directions like this:

No Caption Provided

Wolverine has never done anything like that.

@brucerogers said:

I can agree he can cut through it. However again its going to be difficult to get a good swing at the axe considering its going to be moving around a lot and wolverine is much better off avoiding it.

No Caption Provided

#121 Edited by BruceRogers (17075 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: WW has better reflexes than Wolverine sure and that wasnt my argument. But that does not necessarily translate to combat speed since Wolverine could have easily fought at the same speed she had, when dueling Wolf. So I am really not seeing how he outpaces and outspeeds Logan just because he fought Diana.

Agreed with your second point.

#122 Posted by jashro44 (51888 posts) - - Show Bio

@_kingoflatveria: Arrows don't move as fast as bullets and I think deflecting projectiles from different directions takes more coordination. Not to mention there is less distance between the shooters and wonder woman than there was with wolverine and those archers.

#123 Posted by _KingofLatveria (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@_kingoflatveria: Arrows don't move as fast as bullets and I think deflecting projectiles from different directions takes more coordination. Not to mention there is less distance between the shooters and wonder woman than there was with wolverine and those archers.

Those are WW1 era bullets which are quite slower than what we have now

#124 Posted by jashro44 (51888 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: WW has better reflexes than Wolverine sure and that wasnt my argument. But that does not necessarily translate to combat speed since Wolverine could have easily fought at the same speed she had, when dueling Wolf. So I am really not seeing how he outpaces and outspeeds Logan just because he fought Diana.

Agreed with your second point.

I think when you start deflecting several bullets like wonder woman was its not just a knee jerk type reaction at that point.

#125 Posted by jashro44 (51888 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

Pretty sure there still faster and more efficient than arrows. Regardless even if that is the case there is still the bank scene in justice league.

#126 Posted by BruceRogers (17075 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Maybe. But given how these films go out of their way to portray super speed, we would have definitely known if Wolf and Diana were fighting in that manner. Which either proves that Diana cannot fight at super speeds (barring straight line blitzes) or that she did not use any in that fight, for whatever reason.

#127 Posted by _KingofLatveria (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:
@_kingoflatveria said:
@jashro44 said:

Pretty sure there still faster and more efficient than arrows. Regardless even if that is the case there is still the bank scene in justice league.

wolverine has evaded point-blank machine gun fire with his back turned. I think thats better than Diana's bank scene

#128 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18156 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine should win.

#129 Posted by DrPepperMan (6274 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine took a punch from Green Scar. He cut THANOS. His healing is easily tiers above MCU Hela, and can keep up with the likes of Spider-Man. Steppenwolf goes down hard.

#130 Posted by Worldofthunder (5055 posts) - - Show Bio

@worldofthunder said:

By feats she is. Wolverine has never done anything as fast as the museum scene. Also, whenever you feel like showing how Wolverine has shown speed like this:

No Caption Provided

Then tag me.

@jashro44 said:
@_kingoflatveria said:
@jashro44 said:

wolverine has evaded point-blank machine gun fire with his back turned. I think thats better than Diana's bank scene

That's not anywhere near as good as the museum scene.

#131 Posted by _KingofLatveria (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

@teenagedarkseid said:
@worldofthunder said:

By feats she is. Wolverine has never done anything as fast as the museum scene. Also, whenever you feel like showing how Wolverine has shown speed like this:

No Caption Provided

Then tag me.

Whats impressive in that?

@_kingoflatveria said:
@jashro44 said:
@_kingoflatveria said:
@jashro44 said:

That's not anywhere near as good as the museum scene.

No Caption Provided

Nay its better

#132 Edited by jashro44 (51888 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers said:

@jashro44: Maybe. But given how these films go out of their way to portray super speed, we would have definitely known if Wolf and Diana were fighting in that manner. Which either proves that Diana cannot fight at super speeds (barring straight line blitzes) or that she did not use any in that fight, for whatever reason.

This sounds like a reach. Wonder woman actually did run at super speed to grab the bomb and its pretty clear that isn't just straight line speed considering her reflex showings. The action is still visible because the audience still needs to see the action. Maybe Snyder never felt he needed to show wonder woman and Stephenwolf fighting fast because he already established in the opening that wonder woman was fast?

Anyways this is the same type of argument Nick uses to argue spider-man can't move faster than the eye can follow. I always thought it was a reach when he used it and I think its a reach when its used now.

I don't think it is because in that instance we don't know when wolverine moved. He could have moved before the shots were fired since no one actually saw him move in that instance.

EDIT: Looking at the above scan I thought you were talking about the time wolverine was at the bar drinking a beer and moved faster than the eye....That feat is more impressive than the one you posted IMO. The one you posted is really not that impressive.

#133 Edited by BruceRogers (17075 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: If this was any other film by any other director, I would probably agree with you. But not when talking about a film that goes out if their way to depict super speed via special effects.

I mean, they did show Superman's super perception when fighting him even when we know how fast he is thanks to his fight against Barry. I would think they would have done something similar here.

Let me ask you this. You honestly think that either WW or Wolf were fighting at speeds that is decidely above Wolverine?

#134 Posted by jashro44 (51888 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: If this was any other film by any other director, I would probably agree with you. But not when talking about a film that goes out if their way to depict super speed via special effects.

Maybe Zack Snyder just thought it was unnessasary to show them fighting at super speeds like he did in MOS because people got the point from the bank scene? Or maybe Josh Whedon had something to do with it.

Let me ask you this. You honestly think that either WW or Wolf were fighting at speeds that is decidely above Wolverine?

I said that Stephenwolf kept up with wonder woman similarly to how wolverine kept up with people like Gorgon and Mister X despite not being as fast as them. I think wonder woman is about as fast as a non jobbing mister X and I would say Stephenwolf's combat reflexes are about as good as wolverines but wolverine has better movement speed than stepehenwolf.

#135 Edited by BruceRogers (17075 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Well I cant say I completely agree with that reasoning but we seem to agree on the relevant bits. So fair enough.

#136 Posted by DarkseidThanos (928 posts) - - Show Bio

@worldofthunder: DCEU Diana is faster than Wolverine? Someone who's consistently tagged Spiderman? Have you read thru this thread? Have you read a single comicbook in your life?

#137 Posted by _KingofLatveria (18365 posts) - - Show Bio
#138 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18156 posts) - - Show Bio

@worldofthunder: DCEU Diana is faster than Wolverine? Someone who's consistently tagged Spiderman? Have you read thru this thread? Have you read a single comicbook in your life?

TBF spider-man has been tagged by people slower than DCEU WW is.

#139 Posted by _KingofLatveria (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkseidthanos said:

and DCEU WW has been tagged by Germans and Terrorists.

#140 Edited by TheWatcherKing (18156 posts) - - Show Bio

@thewatcherking said:
@darkseidthanos said:

So what? All I was saying was that tagging Spider-Man isn't the most quantifiable feat since faster people get tagged by slower people in fiction all the time, I wasn't trying to say WW is faster than Spider-Man.

#141 Posted by _KingofLatveria (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

@_kingoflatveria said:
@thewatcherking said:
@darkseidthanos said:

So what? All I was saying was that tagging Spider-Man isn't the most quantifiable feat since faster people get tagged by slower people in fiction all the time, I wasn't trying to say WW is faster than Spider-Man.

My bad

#142 Edited by foxerdes (9860 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers:

I am aware that thunderclaps irrelevant. Which is why I said Hulk tags guys like Spidey, Daredevil and Wolverine without resorting to them. Hulk knows how to use his speed and reach at it's optimum potential. And that definitely counts as skill.

Bringing up thunder clap still doesn't make sense but nevermind. Anyway, utilizing your own attributes (e.g strength, speed, pain tolerance) with highest efficiency is pretty much a definition of skilled fighter but right now you are just highballing it. He tagged them. Great. Far less skilled characters could tag trained martial artists as well, it doesn't automatically make them a technical fighters that exploit intricacies of their weapons or body mechanics in order to achieve victory. Beside it's important to specify Hulk' speed because based on people he fought, his speed could as well be a deciding factor here, not skill.

I am not going to argue that Logan will be untouched in this fight since it is completely in character for him to soak up damage. Unless he just blitzes him from the start.

He cannot blitz him and if Logan decides to soak up a damage then well, Steppenwolf is going to put up a fight which is my whole point. If he decides to avoid getting hit, he will eventually win but it's nowhere near being some one-sided stomp in which character A takes the other one in three moves.

Problem is a) Steph cannot put him down and will only serve to make him madder b) Logan's claws can kill him in one hit.

Sure, he cannot and I never claimed otherwise. I only claimed that he can give him something that one would call a fight. Also, I feel like you are overestimating one-shot ability. Logan would need to land a strike on heart or head and it's not that easy to bypass opponent defenses since he is actively trying to prevent you from landing a hit in those ares.

And given that (for starters), Logan could cut through Omnium steel, which is an element that could construct a metal bar that Grey Hulk could not bend or a net that could restrain Ghost Rider and cut through chains that could bind Hercules, Steph's axs gets sliced like hot butter. He then follows suit.

And no, those arent even his high end feats.

Not to shabby. Scans? I would love to see that.

#143 Posted by DarkseidThanos (928 posts) - - Show Bio

@_kingoflatveria: its completely ridiculous, its times like this people's bias or ignorance really shows

#144 Edited by Worldofthunder (5055 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkseidthanos: And? Tagging doesn't mean you're as fast as someone. Batman's consistently tagged Deathstroke, is he as fast as him? Is Batman now capable of slicing bullets mid-air? No, he isn't.

As of now, Logan's yet to replicate any speed showings as good as Wonder Woman's museum scene and alley scene. Diana literally sees mach 3 bullets in slow motion and effortlessly moves faster than them. Show me Logan being that fast

Also, unless Logan is a mach 3+ speedster now, there's no reason Wonder Woman wouldn't see him in slow motion and easily show superiority in speed to him.

#145 Posted by DarkseidThanos (928 posts) - - Show Bio
#146 Posted by jay_z94 (7906 posts) - - Show Bio

@richard96: No he isn't. He never moved at the super speeds she has moved at.

#147 Posted by Warlockmage (8725 posts) - - Show Bio

@foxerdes: lol ill attempt to deal with your kek-worthy post as best as i can, but i find when dealing with Children it becomes tiresome

You reek of salt and butthurt. Anyway, cutting axe is a good point although I cannot really see it happen since Diana' sword failed to do so as far as I remember. And yes, I am one of those people that consider cutting Doomsday a darn good feat. Can be persuaded here though.

you reek of ignorance you tell me whats worse.

yeah your right cutting Hulk, Thanos, Thor thats all about equal to DCEU Doomsday and... are you joking? you just compared Diana's sword to the hardest metal in the 616 Universe. i honestly should stop here as im not sure

Hulk is in no way skilled enough to properly utilize any reach advantage he possess. Using it as a proof that Steppenwolf' reach is irrelevant doesn't work. On the contrary proving that Wolverine is far more skilled would have much better effect.

Logan has fought Ulik who also had "reach" with his weapon and fought plenty of people who uses weapons. they didnt work then not sure why'd they make a difference now

No Caption Provided

but ok ill humor this thought proces of the almighty "reach"

Feel free to prove it, I don't mind.

prove what that Wolverine is mach 3-4?

sure i love doing this

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

here he is jamming a gun before the bullet leaves the barrel (do a quick google search so you can figure how fast that is)

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

heres him easily dodging Cyclops beams which are easily mach 4 area

here he is exiting a ship and slashing a man before he can say a word.

I might even consider addressing that if not for the fact that your post looks like a childish outburst. Too bad, you were on a good way to actually make me say fair point, especially by bringing up skill difference.

TL;DR guess you just dont have an actual counter... but hid behind insults and thats what a child does, but im supposed to be childish here... wait a minute you just blew my mind?

are we done here?

#148 Edited by kaiocool (779 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlockmage said:

prove what that Wolverine is mach 3-4?

sure i love doing this

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

here he is jamming a gun before the bullet leaves the barrel (do a quick google search so you can figure how fast that is)

he blocks the gun as the revolver hammer is falling, which happens before bullet is fired. It does not need bullet level reflexes.

heres him easily dodging Cyclops beams which are easily mach 4 area

aim dodge/blocks are peak human, even for lasers which are lightspeed. this is not a speed feat, but a skill one and low street level one even there

here he is exiting a ship and slashing a man before he can say a word.

average talking speed is 120-150 wpm, or 2 words per second

so about 10m in half a second - one fourth if you consider it only half a word, 50m/s high end. Very subsonic.

for a character to be considered supersonic, there should be actual feats at more than sound speed

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#149 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (9844 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this really still going ? I fail to see how's Steppenwolf gonna put down Wolverine unless I'm missing something here. The latter can inflict a lot more lethal-damage on the former than vice versa.

• Steppenwolf does not possess enough strength to actually put down Wolverine whose blunt force durability is quite high for a Street leveler, he's taken multiple hits from high-tier powerhouses before and survived f.e he took repeated hits from the Hulk and still managed to survive, although he had his brain fractured.
  • Diana Sword being unable to pierce Steppenwolf armor means Jack compared to 616 Adamantium otherwise known as the hardest metal in the 616 universe, it can easily pierce mid to high tier powerhouses such as the Thing, Hulk and Silver Surfer and few others. Therefore, Logan's claws can go through Steppenwolf like a hot knife through butter.
#150 Posted by BruceRogers (17075 posts) - - Show Bio

@foxerdes: Bringing up thunder clap still doesn't make sense but nevermind. Anyway, utilizing your own attributes (e.g strength, speed, pain tolerance) with highest efficiency is pretty much a definition of skilled fighter but right now you are just highballing it. He tagged them. Great. Far less skilled characters could tag trained martial artists as well, it doesn't automatically make them a technical fighters that exploit intricacies of their weapons or body mechanics in order to achieve victory. Beside it's important to specify Hulk' speed because based on people he fought, his speed could as well be a deciding factor here, not skill.

My point is that one cannot simply dance around Hulk since he is not just a knuckle dragging brute with a reach advantage. So Wolverine avoiding his blows and getting his hits in is still a good feat for him. Call it skill, speed or both.

He cannot blitz him and if Logan decides to soak up a damage then well, Steppenwolf is going to put up a fight which is my whole point. If he decides to avoid getting hit, he will eventually win but it's nowhere near being some one-sided stomp in which character A takes the other one in three moves.

This is a fair assessment. I was essentially arguing against Steppenwolf's so called speed advantage.

Sure, he cannot and I never claimed otherwise. I only claimed that he can give him something that one would call a fight. Also, I feel like you are overestimating one-shot ability. Logan would need to land a strike on heart or head and it's not that easy to bypass opponent defenses since he is actively trying to prevent you from landing a hit in those ares.

That doesn't change the fact that he can one shot if he lands a hit in a vital area. It does not necessarily need to happen but the potential is there.

Though you can't deny that Wolf is in a lot of danger from those claws.

Not to shabby. Scans? I would love to see that.

Sure thing.

Logan could cut through Omnium steel,

No Caption Provided

Now let's see how it fairs against powerhouses and high tier mystical characters:

Ghost rider -

Read from right to left. Notice how easily Logan is cutting it.

Grey Hulk -

No Caption Provided

cut through chains that could bind Hercules