No Caption Provided

VS

No Caption Provided

#2 Posted by ANTHP2000 (27778 posts) - - Show Bio

Steppenwolf impales him.

#3 Edited by rem (2742 posts) - - Show Bio

Stepphenwolf stomps.

#4 Edited by Nucleon (3470 posts) - - Show Bio

Steppenwolf clearly has shown where he is located along the relative power scale when he met Superman: Far from the top. I would like to see Superman try what he did to Stephen Wolf on the Destroyer armor.

Destroyer atomizes him.

#5 Edited by Rajjar (1926 posts) - - Show Bio

Steppenwolf's skin has nigh-featless durability compared to his armor.

Thirty thousand years and he still can't block energy blasts. Zeus's one was a surprise shot, but for such an experienced general, it shouldn't have been. He couldn't even block Clark's heat vision with his arm - either that or Clark blew two holes through his arm.

Stabs and cuts won't do anything to the Destroyer even if he gets filleted because of retrograde positioning. Steppenwolf doesn't have a hammer or the knowledge to replicate Thor's feat, nor is he skilled enough with the axe to even try to do so.

Destroyer takes home his armor as a trophy, since he doesn't have enough feats to destroy it. I am pretty sure the automaton can do better than Parademon teeth and claws, though.

#6 Posted by LawCol (710 posts) - - Show Bio
@rajjar said:

Steppenwolf's skin has nigh-featless durability compared to his armor. Thirty thousand years and he still can't block energy blasts. Zeus's one was a surprise shot, but for such an experienced general, it shouldn't have been. He couldn't even block Clark's heat vision with his arm - either that or Clark blew two holes through his arm.

Stabs and cuts won't do anything to the Destroyer even if he gets filleted because of retrograde positioning. Steppenwolf doesn't have a hammer or the knowledge to replicate Thor's feat, nor is he skilled enough with the axe to even try to do so.

Destroyer takes home his armor as a trophy, since he doesn't have enough feats to destroy it. I am pretty sure the automaton can do better than Parademon teeth and claws, though.

Pretty much this.

#7 Posted by Lan_Fan (14794 posts) - - Show Bio

Steppenwolf might be even physically stronger than him, but without it, he's still too fast, too skilled and has the necessary tool to take Destoyer down.

#8 Posted by CyberpunkCop (3406 posts) - - Show Bio

Destroyer lives up to his name and destroys him

#9 Posted by destinyman75 (14685 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol Destroyer stomps here. Clark beat him with zero effort Thor would do the same. The Destroyer is farrrrrr to durable. And Wolfie doesn't have anything that can stop that beam. He hasn't as someone else said even been able to use his own armor well He gets killed

#10 Posted by Amcu (16911 posts) - - Show Bio

Steppenwolf stomps. Destroyer is mostly all hype. It has a decent disintegration beam but nothing else is too great about it.

#11 Posted by Amcu (16911 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan said:

Steppenwolf might be even physically stronger than him, but without it, he's still too fast, too skilled and has the necessary tool to take Destoyer down.

Steppenwolf is definitely stronger. The Destroyer doesn't have any good strength feats.

#12 Posted by RL4 (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

Steppenwolf I think. He outclasses the destroyer armor in strength and speed. I'm not sure however how the armor's regenerative abilities will stack up against Steppenwolf's axe, or it's energy beam.

#13 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio

Energy durability feats for wolf? I mean.. the armor literally just moves to get around blades so.. Also the beam is pretty op to be able to disintegrate frost giants... that’s like Loki disintegration tier

#14 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Edited by Rajjar (1926 posts) - - Show Bio

Well the retrograde positioning is pretty good regen - I mean, I didn't think the Destroyer would win until I realized the implications of it. Steppenwolf's slashes won't be able to do much against it, especially considering these two,

No Caption Provided

And I am quite firm on Steppy being amped - his eyes have the same energy of the MB, and its residue was around his body in the flashback.

No Caption Provided

Even if Steppy can cut it, it won't mean much, because of the ax's terrible on-panel record being mainly against Cyborg, Amazon fodder, and the ground (meaning it won't pull a Sif) and the Destroyer's mecha regen. The properties of the ax only lead to false equivalences - heating the ground into magma is nothing in face to its interactions with metals (Aquabro, Diana)

I once read that the Destroyer was powered by the Odinforce from the MCU wiki - still looking to confirm that, though. Gungnir channels the Odinforce, and its power was enough to two-shot Laufey. I think it favors my speculations, especially since Gungnir controls the Destroyer.

Finally, the Destroyer's beams are pretty wide, somewhere between BvS Clark and DD's.

But if you are advocating a H2H win, then that shifts the point of stasis here a little bit.

#16 Posted by Amcu (16911 posts) - - Show Bio

@rajjar: Steppenwolf can just go for the head.

#17 Edited by Rajjar (1926 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:

On-panel tactics suggest he will go for the shoulder area, and by the time the ax lands, or by some miracle cuts clean through, it will be too late for his face, if my first gif was suggestive of anything. Even if the Destroyer gets the Thanos treatment, it will be able to operate.

Also, it's not Hela - all parts of the Destroyer can rearrange themselves, since its arrangement is built like Starks nanotech but on a few magnitudes larger. Thor was able to perma damage it by dispelling the energy, paralyzing the Destroyer via cyclone, and using the ol' thermal feedback that Hulk gave Glads. Everything we've seen in JL suggests that Steppy doesn't have good piercing feats with the ax for a clean decap. And it's not like the Destroyer will stay frozen solid for him to try it - unless Steppy gets a pre-charged Stormbreaker.

No Caption Provided

The feedback in the fight scene with Thor was very large, and I assume it fried the Destroyer on the inside, cutting its connection with Gungnir, since it's still very intact when SHIELD got it.

As for durability, one was taking Mjolnir to the face, while the other got cut up by Parademons. I don't believe the Destroyer can harm the armor, but I do believe its energy blast is enough to fry Steppy's skin, as Supes HV would have done if he aimed for the head. It isn't like Steppy is going to block the Destroyer 100%, he couldn't even block Supes from arm's length away - it is inane because it looked like he was shielding his eyes from the glare. Regardless, I think when coupled with getting surprised by Zeus, it presents a consistent anti-feat when it comes to blocking energy blasts, because he never has reacted to them on-panel.

For the record, I agree with you on the strength part. I just don't think it is enough to justify a win with that ax or the ridiculous combat anti-feats in play.

#18 Posted by TitanConsumed (390 posts) - - Show Bio

Steppenwolf stomps.

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
#19 Posted by plotweapon16255 (7813 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by NiteLite (2710 posts) - - Show Bio

Steppenwolf in a good fight.

#21 Posted by deltahuman (4985 posts) - - Show Bio

Steppenwolf stomps. He no sold heat vision and Zeus's lightning point blank. Destroyer can't even scratch him.

#22 Posted by Lan_Fan (14794 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: Survived Superman's heat vision which is as hot as the sun's surface. Tanked Zeus's lightning bolt which was proven to be more destructive than Superman's strength.

His durability exceeds his other feats by far, tbh.

#23 Posted by chaos_zelur (256 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by TheAlmightyKue (216 posts) - - Show Bio

Destroyer Armor ftw, Steppenwolf's Axe is fodder tool only. He legit hit Aquaman in the stomach with the head of the axe, and did 0 damage. And I am sorry but this guy was too dumb to block heat vision from Superman. So sorry as for 'skills' he doesn't seem to have any. He is too darn slow in combat his swings are slow as heck.
His blows that should be fatal impacts are outright ignored by the heroes meaning his damage output his laughable. Aquaman takes a direct hit to the stomach with that axe and yet WW has to save him from Falling Rockings. Which means Falling Rocks > Steppenwolf's axe

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
#25 Posted by xMangog__Beastx (4726 posts) - - Show Bio

Steppenwolf doesn't stomp

#26 Edited by Bayman007 (1698 posts) - - Show Bio

Steppenwolf stomps.

#27 Edited by deltahuman (4985 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos_zelur:

Depends upon how you define no selling. I didn't see any visible injury after Superman blasted him with heat vision or Zeus shot lightning at him. He was fighting even after that. I'd say he pretty much no sold both of them.

By feats, Destroyer can't even tickle Steppenwolf.

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
#28 Posted by plotweapon16255 (7813 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by macleen (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

sw curbs

#30 Posted by Nucleon (3470 posts) - - Show Bio

@rajjar said:
@amcu said:

On-panel tactics suggest he will go for the shoulder area, and by the time the ax lands, or by some miracle cuts clean through, it will be too late for his face, if my first gif was suggestive of anything. Even if the Destroyer gets the Thanos treatment, it will be able to operate.

Also, it's not Hela - all parts of the Destroyer can rearrange themselves, since its arrangement is built like Starks nanotech but on a few magnitudes larger. Thor was able to perma damage it by dispelling the energy, paralyzing the Destroyer via cyclone, and using the ol' thermal feedback that Hulk gave Glads. Everything we've seen in JL suggests that Steppy doesn't have good piercing feats with the ax for a clean decap. And it's not like the Destroyer will stay frozen solid for him to try it - unless Steppy gets a pre-charged Stormbreaker.

No Caption Provided

The feedback in the fight scene with Thor was very large, and I assume it fried the Destroyer on the inside, cutting its connection with Gungnir, since it's still very intact when SHIELD got it.

As for durability, one was taking Mjolnir to the face, while the other got cut up by Parademons. I don't believe the Destroyer can harm the armor, but I do believe its energy blast is enough to fry Steppy's skin, as Supes HV would have done if he aimed for the head. It isn't like Steppy is going to block the Destroyer 100%, he couldn't even block Supes from arm's length away - it is inane because it looked like he was shielding his eyes from the glare. Regardless, I think when coupled with getting surprised by Zeus, it presents a consistent anti-feat when it comes to blocking energy blasts, because he never has reacted to them on-panel.

For the record, I agree with you on the strength part. I just don't think it is enough to justify a win with that ax or the ridiculous combat anti-feats in play.

Et voila.

#31 Edited by Nucleon (3470 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan said:

@xzone: Survived Superman's heat vision which is as hot as the sun's surface. Tanked Zeus's lightning bolt which was proven to be more destructive than Superman's strength.

His durability exceeds his other feats by far, tbh.

Zeus' LB was, at best, average. When has it proven anything? DC's old gods are relatively quite weak when compared to the new ones. Supes' HV had more effect I swear. Both are quite lightweight energy attacks, when compared to what happens at Marvel's in that departement, I'm sure you will agree.

#33 Edited by Nucleon (3470 posts) - - Show Bio

@deltahuman said:

@nucleon:

Marvel gods are fodder to DC gods though. I'm sure you'll agree πŸ˜…

Nah, I don't think so. All we have seen about DCEU old gods as of now, is one admission of impotence after the other. The simple fact that most of them are dead also tells much, IMO.

See - the movies speak for themselves: The whole Greek pantheon, plus Atlantis allies, plus armies, merely managed to placate Steppenwolf - the CGI monstruosity that Supes ragdolled with disdain and something else on his mind. I am not making this up, am I? The conclusion is elementary, I fear.

Here, tell me what makes you believe they are any powerful - maybe that would help. Because on the Marvel side Asgardians still rule over nine realms and have a kickass rep throughout the galaxy.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#34 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (16557 posts) - - Show Bio

Steppen

#35 Posted by The_Red_Devil (4960 posts) - - Show Bio

@rem said:

Stepphenwolf stomps.

Agreed.

#36 Edited by Lan_Fan (14794 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon: Zeus's lightning separated the motherboxes quite effortlessly, when Superman with his insane physical strength needed Cyborg to make an opening for him.

The only thing I can see is better than HV and god lightning are Thor's lightning (debatable), and Eson's power gem blast. Destroyer's blast has been mediocre, and I'm sure Stepp can just aim dodge it anyway, since the dude is very slow.

#37 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: The Ray from the destroyer vaporized Loki tier frost giants.

#38 Posted by Nucleon (3470 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan said:

@nucleon: Zeus's lightning separated the motherboxes quite effortlessly, when Superman with his insane physical strength needed Cyborg to make an opening for him.

The only thing I can see is better than HV and god lightning are Thor's lightning (debatable), and Eson's power gem blast. Destroyer's blast has been mediocre, and I'm sure Stepp can just aim dodge it anyway, since the dude is very slow.

Pretty hard to take Steppenwolf serioulsy after what Supes did to him.

#39 Edited by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

Steppenwolf wins.

#40 Posted by deltahuman (4985 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon:

My post accidentally got deleted.

Nonetheless, Entire Asgardians are fodder to Superman anyway so Marvel Gods are still fodder. I mean they are just a bunch of refugees. I'm not making anything up, Am I? The conclusion is inevitable I fear. πŸ˜…

#41 Posted by Lan_Fan (14794 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: I think Steppenwolf would beat Loki as well, especially in a brawl.

#42 Posted by Lan_Fan (14794 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon: Well, to be fair, Superman is really strong.

#43 Posted by TheAlmightyKue (216 posts) - - Show Bio

@deltahuman: Superman is a Refugee... so what are you talking about?

#44 Posted by Nucleon (3470 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan said:

@nucleon: Well, to be fair, Superman is really strong.

Hulk level. Supes' got the strength feats over him, but the Hulk's got the striking ones.

#45 Posted by TheAlmightyKue (216 posts) - - Show Bio

@deltahuman: Thor is also just without dispute stronger than Superman. Thor lifting the iris on the Neutron Star puts him WAY beyond Superman's 6400 ton max feat. So if Asgardian are Fodder, Superman is WAY below fodder

#46 Edited by Nucleon (3470 posts) - - Show Bio

@deltahuman said:

@nucleon:

My post accidentally got deleted.

Nonetheless, Entire Asgardians are fodder to Superman anyway so Marvel Gods are still fodder. I mean they are just a bunch of refugees. I'm not making anything up, Am I? The conclusion is inevitable I fear. πŸ˜…

Individual Asgardians like Thor can give Supes a fight - but that doesn't seem the case among DC's old Olympian gods: Once again, the whole lot of them, plus plus etc didn't make half the impression Supes made on Steppenwolf. That doesn't make much of a case about DC's old gods' power, so much that I think lower cases are in order.

MCU's Asgardians have been going through Hela, then Eternal Flame Surtur, then Thanos in the span of a few days. Give them a break. =)

#47 Posted by Lan_Fan (14794 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon: Nah, Superman should beat him easily due to his massive speed advantage, which is actually the thing that caused Steppenwolf getting stomped in the first place.

#48 Posted by Nucleon (3470 posts) - - Show Bio

@deltahuman: Thor is also just without dispute stronger than Superman. Thor lifting the iris on the Neutron Star puts him WAY beyond Superman's 6400 ton max feat. So if Asgardian are Fodder, Superman is WAY below fodder

Maybe in terms of general power output, especially since Ragnarok. But IMO Supes is still up there, along with Hulk, in terms of raw strength.

#50 Edited by Nucleon (3470 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan said:

@nucleon: Nah, Superman should beat him easily due to his massive speed advantage, which is actually the thing that caused Steppenwolf getting stomped in the first place.

The kind of speed Supes uses is the same that Thor uses when he throws Mjolnir. People over-rate bull-rushing speed. It might be good for a first strike, but between two relatives like that, it's going to go down to the haymakers soon after that. And at that game, Thor is a much more skilled warrior than Supes is. He also strikes with a hammer.

I'll be generous and assume that Mjolnir, a mystic weapon, won't one-shot Supes. In a Thor - Supes fight, Supes is the underdog.