Scarlet Witch

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Morals on/In-character
  • Random encounter
  • Start 20ft apart
  • Fight takes place alongside the Nile River
#2 Posted by TonyMartial (8840 posts) - - Show Bio

Mera stomps. Can use the water from river to one shot her like she did with the wine to the Elite Atlanteans, can manip her blood/water or just close in and one shot her with a punch.

#3 Posted by AngelJax (11596 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonymartial: Mera never showed the ability to manipulate someone's blood. Sounds like a out of character move anyway and as per my OP, this is Morals On.

#4 Posted by TonyMartial (8840 posts) - - Show Bio

@angeljax: Would not be hard for her at all. She has dehydrated Steppenwolf in a deleted scene from JL, instead of Wolf blitzing her in the final cut, she reacts and dehydrates (which was in character, but under a special circumstance when she was protecting the motherbox). She doesnt even need to manip blood to win tho.

#5 Posted by AngelJax (11596 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonymartial: Ehhhh, using feats from alternate scenes is iffy. Deleted scenes may vary depending on the reason why they were cut. But the scene you just described is for sure an alternate version. They consciously made the decision not to have Mera do that. Hence, they had her not do that to establish her power level/mindset in battles.

#6 Posted by beatboks1 (9912 posts) - - Show Bio

@angeljax said:

@tonymartial: Mera never showed the ability to manipulate someone's blood. Sounds like a out of character move anyway and as per my OP, this is Morals On.

She did however show she can manipulate fluids within a human body like when she removed the water from inside Arthur's dads lungs and when she pulled water out of Arthur in the kingdom of the deserters.

The wine scene shoes shes also not limited to just water but any fluid.

As for in character she showed no real love of surface dwellers until the young girl in Italy and had no issue putting numberous liquid spears straight thru the hearts of men she clearly knew. One of those she attacked was Orms personal guard that she knew well and left him for dead (I loled at the relief he showed sticking his head in a toilet bowl to survive).

Good fight but Mera takes due to more consistent ferocity. Shes more likely to go hard right out of the gate (though SW wont be far behind her in that regard)

#7 Posted by Doofasa (1854 posts) - - Show Bio

@angeljax said:

She did however show she can manipulate fluids within a human body like when she removed the water from inside Arthur's dads lungs and when she pulled water out of Arthur in the kingdom of the deserters.

The wine scene shoes shes also not limited to just water but any fluid.

As for in character she showed no real love of surface dwellers until the young girl in Italy and had no issue putting numberous liquid spears straight thru the hearts of men she clearly knew. One of those she attacked was Orms personal guard that she knew well and left him for dead (I loled at the relief he showed sticking his head in a toilet bowl to survive).

Good fight but Mera takes due to more consistent ferocity. Shes more likely to go hard right out of the gate (though SW wont be far behind her in that regard)

IIRC the manipulating the water from Arthur's dad and Arthur was not in combat, took several seconds to do and they were both not moving. Not exactly a viable option in this fight. Even the wine manipulation took several seconds to do and she was not getting attacked at the time.

By feats SW TK's or TP's her the moment she gets serious.

#8 Posted by The_Gaurdian (573 posts) - - Show Bio

@angeljax: Idk if it can qualify as an alternate scene. Jason explicitly stated in an interview that Aquaman follows the events of Snyder's JL and not the thearetical cut. If the previz clip made it to Zack's final storyboards then it's for sure in the film because he's stated himself that he shoots everything he draws

#9 Edited by Mrnoital (7971 posts) - - Show Bio

@doofasa: I get the feeling that the reason it took longer to take water out of lungs is to specifically target the water in the lungs and not manipulate their blood doing more damage than good (taking a second to locate just the water, then manipulate it)

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
#10 Edited by DarkPsychicLord_Prime (4060 posts) - - Show Bio

Mera dehydrates her totally in character as she has shown multiple of times that she's capable of doing (?

Lol, saying Wanda tp's her is infinitely more of a valid argument as she actually has shown to be capable of doing, even though she only did it in one film.

Wanda stomps.

#11 Posted by Emanresu_20 (2716 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanda. She isn’t that bad in hand to hand combat as shown in her fight with PM and her raw power is more than enough to tear Mera apart.

Avatar image for madscientist224
#12 Posted by Madscientist224 (1460 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanda.

#13 Edited by Mister_Surreal (9115 posts) - - Show Bio

Mera is much faster and has greater combat experience than Scarlet Witch. There is also the fact that Wanda is pretty weak under normal circumstances where as Mera's power level is consistent. The battle could end with Mera impaling Wanda by using hardened water or dawning. But Wanda could prevent that if she is fast enough.

#14 Posted by thanosii (3118 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanda one shots

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
#15 Posted by xMangog__Beastx (4705 posts) - - Show Bio

Mera.

#16 Posted by Darkthunder (1139 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanda can defeat mera

#17 Posted by DammeFavour (8291 posts) - - Show Bio

What exactly is Wanda supposed to do to her. We saw how effective she was against proxima and that was a cap level opponent

#18 Posted by Soratoumiga (2159 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanda. And her struggling against Proxima is PIS.

#19 Posted by lgh0stl (1295 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanda sends her to hell.

#20 Posted by Strike3 (598 posts) - - Show Bio

What exactly is Wanda supposed to do to her. We saw how effective she was against proxima and that was a cap level opponent

Yeah but due to sneak attacks and trying to help Vision at the time.

#21 Posted by PRINSTONZOD (70 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour: Jesus!! You call Proxima a Cap level opponent? That serious lowballing man.

#22 Posted by FromBeyond (1042 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-IW i would have gone with Mera, but i'll have to back Wanda now.

#23 Posted by Tenguswordsman (1828 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanda.

Avatar image for darthvaderrocks
#24 Edited by darthvaderrocks (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanda.

#25 Posted by Emanresu_20 (2716 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour:

Proxima Turned it into a close Quarters battle and kept Wanda on the defensive and that was only due to the element of Surprise.

As soon as Wanda got an opening she easily ragdolled her.

Also who has Mera fought that was on the skill tier of Proxima? PM was able to beat Black Widow and Okoye at the same time and was only killed because Wanda took her by surprise.

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
#26 Posted by RampageTheFirst (7336 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanda stomps.

#27 Posted by Helloman (28548 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanda wins.

#28 Posted by bflynn316 (2663 posts) - - Show Bio

They are both glass cannons, so it just depends who hits faster

#29 Posted by rem (2526 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanda

#30 Posted by mrmonster (14675 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarlet Witch

#31 Posted by hyiena (5274 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanda pulls her heart out.

#32 Posted by CyberpunkCop (2855 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarlet Witch is on another tier

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
#33 Posted by war of light_2814 (2694 posts) - - Show Bio

#34 Posted by WonderBread (117 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarlet Witch WILL curbstomp

Avatar image for justicethorpsylocke
#35 Posted by justicethorpsylocke (3069 posts) - - Show Bio

@bflynn316 said:

Mera is Atlantean, her physicals are much greater than Wanda's. This is what would give her the win I think since she could stand up to Wanda's attacks for a bit.

#36 Posted by huthimamwa (2382 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope someday Wanda remembers she has TP...

#37 Edited by Stefano (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanda wins mostly because of her versatility.

Mera has no defense against Wanda’s TP, while Wanda’s shields should protect her against anything Mera throws at her.

Also, on Mera manipulating blood or dehydrating Wanda, she has never done this in a fight. Additionally the same argument could be made in Wanda’s favor who could just rip mera’s heart out (like she did against ultron).

#38 Posted by geekryan (4252 posts) - - Show Bio

@stefano said:

Wanda wins mostly because of her versatility.

Mera has no defense against Wanda’s TP, while Wanda’s shields should protect her against anything Mera throws at her.

Also, on Mera manipulating blood or dehydrating Wanda, she has never done this in a fight. Additionally the same argument could be made in Wanda’s favor who could just rip mera’s heart out (like she did against ultron).

Basically this.

I'd favour Wanda by a slight majority

#39 Posted by TheGerudoKing (1491 posts) - - Show Bio

Easy win for Wanda. Too versatile and strong. Mera hasn't fought anybody of notable skill to suggest she could stand with Wanda.

Another decisive win for team MCU.

#40 Posted by bflynn316 (2663 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_of_light_2814 said:
@bflynn316 said:

Mera is Atlantean, her physicals are much greater than Wanda's. This is what would give her the win I think since she could stand up to Wanda's attacks for a bit.

I mean she does have enhanced durability that's a good point so I probably shouldn't have called her a glass cannon. But that said, she doesn't have the durability to stand up to an attack from Wanda so it still just depends who hits faster I would say.