• 98 results
Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll DCEU Heat Vision runs the gauntlet (71 votes)

Spider-Man 4%
Wonder Woman 4%
Aquaman 0%
Ares 3%
Iron Man 20%
Zod 6%
Thor 21%
Steppenwolf 0%
Hulk 4%
Thanos 4%
Surtur 14%
clears 20%

JL Supes and post-nuke DD, they stand between the two and must stay conscious for 2 minutes

1. SpiderMan
  2. Wonder Woman
  3. Aquaman
  4. Ares
  5. Iron Man
  6. Zod
  7. Thor
  8. Steppenwolf
  9. Hulk
  10. Thanos
  11. Prime Surtur (size equalized)
 • 
Crunch5481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12:

1) Yeah we do actually. It's in the movie. Electricity makes heat through resistance of the medium, air has a VERY high resistance and so very high heat. Lightning is only so hot in the air. Tony's suit is metal. Metal (especially gold) is VERY LOW resistance and so the heat would be much much less in the metal and yet it still did leave scars on the suit.

2) No not really, the IW suit just has the ability to regen. Point is irrelevant anyways as the strength of a material does not necessarily correlate to a higher melting point.

3) Fiction yes. Much more durable than any metal on Earth probably, still see point above.

4) Proves nothing. The power of the power stone varies. That blast was mostly concussive force we have not seen the power stone melt anything -> no apparent heat. That wasn't a burn to Thor's face lol.

Wow Thor can no-sell his own powers? Impressive. Means nothing.

Really? Still sticking with that line? "Full Force of a Star" has been debunked more times than I count.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By rajjarsalt

@crunch5481 said:
@rajjarsalt said:
@crunch5481 said:
@skrskr said:

@crunch5481: wrong, eitri said he would have to hold it open for minutes to melt the metal.

The guy who works the forge >>> your headcanon

I'm well aware of what Etri said. Spoken word=/= truth. Your appeal to authority is not an argument.

Visual evidence>>>>>spoken word

On-screen observable evidence shows no evidence of any TIME cuts/jumps during the forge scene and from when Thor opens the forge until when he passes out there is ~40 seconds of time.

There is a time cut/jump when Thor gets accelerated off the iris. There is evidence that the events aren't happening in real time. In any case, Eitri's interpretation of events has way more ethos, and your false equivalency that equates ethos to an appeal to authority isn't an argument either. He doesn't even know that Thor is gonna stand in the iris when he says that. He even asks why.

In any case, it's not hot enough to burn him to unconsciousness within two minutes, which by his tolerance = moments from death.

I just rewatched the scene and I standby my point 100%. There is no time jump when Thor gets accelerated off the Iris. With each and every cut in the scene we can tell that it is maintaining normal time flow.

Beyond that at the rate the metal was melting and also the fact that Etri was just standing there watching it intently also indicates it happened much quicker than a 2 minute claim.

What is your evidence for the heat of the star?

Let me rephrase my arg - the time flow is inconsistent between the first and second moments we see him accelerating off. That is due to Thor's position in said movements.

Eitri was watching it melt, but there's also the fact that by the time Thor reached the forge, the mold was legit done. That's another piece of evidence that I didn't even consider until reading your post. There is no way the on-screen is completely descriptive of the time. There's also the fact that it's likely the diff scenes aren't happening concurrently, but in imperfectly aligned sequential order.

The evidence is from the consistently used MCU canon. The material is withdrawn from the star's core. That's how the origin's been for most of Thor's history. Even that is hotter than that of the surface ( Earth's sun is a good example of this ) which is in turn hotter than that of Earth's sun, even if the star is old.

https://chandra.harvard.edu/resources/faq/sources/snr/snr-39.html

For a 1 thousand to 1 million year old neutron star, the surface temperature is about 1 million Kelvin (whereas the Sun is 5800 K).

Skrskr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crunch5481: you realize pointing out logical fallacies doesn’t make your point correct?

Eitri isn’t just any authority he is the only authority, there is no basis for assuming he isn’t telling the truth.

There is also no basis to assume the metal this man has molded for thousands of years suddenly reaches its melting point faster than it has for THOUSANDS OF YEARS.

There is literally no evidence against his claims.

Just because you don’t see any evidence of time jumps doesn’t mean there isn’t any.

So in turn you believe:

The person who has done their job for thousands of years doesn’t know what they’re talking about.

uru decided to change the time it takes for it to reach its melting point all on its own.

Crunch5481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12 said:

@crunch5481:

1) Yeah we do actually. It's in the movie. Electricity makes heat through resistance of the medium, air has a VERY high resistance and so very high heat. Lightning is only so hot in the air. Tony's suit is metal. Metal (especially gold) is VERY LOW resistance and so the heat would be much much less in the metal and yet it still did leave scars on the suit.

1. Can you show me when was it in a move said to be less than 2000 degrees and even then that would only show that suit was weaker, one of his suits got destroyed by truck so that is no surprise but that is irelvant since his other suits are much stronger than that, by your logic if one armor got damaged by Cap all of them would since material is same, yeah armor can tank Thor hiting it with Mjolnir without scratch but since Cap damaged it in civil war that means Cap can do same to IW/ Endgame armor since it is same metal right? That logic is just wrong, one armor is much more durable than other

2. Again it was sustained for multiple secodns which is why that example fails and Thor's lightning is far above natural one in energy and power, if natural lightning was sustained for multiple seconds it would destroy any metal but it only lasts for a very short time which is why that heat is not applied

2) No not really, the IW suit just has the ability to regen. Point is irrelevant anyways as the strength of a material does not necessarily correlate to a higher melting point.

1. It is made of nanotech, it can form many kinds of weapons, regen is not all it can do and most importnatly it is much more durable than previous suits

2. It proves that if Tony can make it more durable agisnt blunt force he can do same against heat so your logic that it is as durable as a suit that got destroyed by truck or MCU Cap fails

3) Fiction yes. Much more durable than any metal on Earth probably, still see point above.

I did but like I said it is much more durable than any metal on earth that is why that nothing on earth can tank 6000 degrees logic fails

4) Proves nothing. The power of the power stone varies. That blast was mostly concussive force we have not seen the power stone melt anything -> no apparent heat. That wasn't a burn to Thor's face lol.

1. Agian this is difirnet since he used beam here, the same beam was used to destroy an entire fleet of ships which is what Tony tanked

2. I am pretty sure that was burning, it burned him, so yeah

Wow, Thor can no-sell his own powers? Impressive. Means nothing.

Because you do not like it? He can do that because of his durabiltiy since he is God of Thunder his resistance agisnt lightning was much higher than other Asgardians, Storm was knocked out and nearly killed by her own lightning as well, that HeRP DeRp It Is HeR PoWr did not save her, Superman can still hurt himslef with his own punches, just because it is his power does not mean he is magically immune to it, that was never said in move

Really? Still sticking with that line? "Full Force of a Star" has been debunked more times than I count.

No, it was not, some slaty DCEU Fans did try that more than i can count yes that is right but you cannot debunk move itself, what Eitri says shows writers intnetion and is far more important than your or mine opinion, he tanked full force of neutron star, like Raj posted even surface temperature can be 1 milion kelvins and that is not what Thor tanked, he tanked full force of it, all of its energy and heat concentrated in the single beam and he tanked it for 40 seconds, so yeah suggesting that weak HV which -melted concrete and steel is somehow going to do anything to Thor is beyond silly

1) 30 min into the movie it actually says the heat from the extremis people is just over 3000degC which is still SIGNIFICANTLY less than Heat Vision. You are not applying my logic properly and at this point I just do not believe you understand how physics really work as all your writing indicates a very simplistic view. I can tell because I've actually learned these topics in classes and you keep making similar mistakes and assumptions.

There's honestly way too much here to go through and explain in detail to you where you're going wrong with the science of everything. Everything you're saying just sounds believable to people who wouldn't know better, but with any scrutiny it falls apart. I'm not going to waste anymore of my time explaining in the detail why what you're saying is wrong because as you've proven in the past and right now you're either unable, or unwilling to try to learn these concepts or how to properly apply the logic I'm using. Usually I'd say maybe I haven't been clear but at this point I've repeated myself so many times to you in this thread and others before and it never gets through to you. Consider it over.

Crunch5481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skrskr said:

@crunch5481: you realize pointing out logical fallacies doesn’t make your point correct?

Eitri isn’t just any authority he is the only authority, there is no basis for assuming he isn’t telling the truth.

There is also no basis to assume the metal this man has molded for thousands of years suddenly reaches its melting point faster than it has for THOUSANDS OF YEARS.

There is literally no evidence against his claims.

Just because you don’t see any evidence of time jumps doesn’t mean there isn’t any.

So in turn you believe:

The person who has done their job for thousands of years doesn’t know what they’re talking about.

uru decided to change the time it takes for it to reach its melting point all on its own.

I'm not saying he's lying, I'm saying he's exaggerating/being inexact. Big difference. And it's true because he doesn't give a specific time frame he gives a vague and general answer.

Not assuming that see statements above^.

There is, watch the scene, the time flow is consistent the whole time the beam is on.

It's not that I just don't see evidence of a time jump, it's that I see DIRECT evidence of CONSISTENT time flow. Big difference, again.

Strawman. I don't believe either of those things, you've constructed that on your own.

Avatar image for deactivated-5faf743db9a3e
deactivated-5faf743db9a3e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually, considering the "physical" force and damage the heat vision has, I dont think heat resistance itself is enough to tank it. Something physically overpowering JL Supes to such a degree is crushing most people on the list even if they technically could deal with the heat (which they cant). Additionally, it's from both sides simultaneously.

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ares, Thor, Thanos, and Surtur (he might eat it) make it out alive but not unscathed.

Apostles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DJ-Alabasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stop at 5.

Avatar image for chuggachugga170
chuggachugga170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

50 000k>6000c

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 death4bunnies  Moderator
rawsos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

stips at either thor or zod

rawsos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

With prep tony might survive as well

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely stops at Thor could stop at Tony ore Ares. Lol Surtur wouldn't notice

Avatar image for deactivated-62d106297c437
deactivated-62d106297c437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thors star " feat " is unquantifiable and anyone quoting imaginary numbers is a dog brained retard who should be laughed at.

that said stops at 11 or clears.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 death4bunnies  Moderator

@d2therj:

The 50,000K number come from a official guidebook.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d2therj:

I don't care if the coked out of his mind director himself stated it was 1 trillion degrees celsius, doesn't change a thing.

You cannot re-ignite a neutron star, and even ignoring that - the star itself in the movie ignored all scientific reasoning and basis of the real thing. It didn't even behave like a real celestial body.

It's unquantifiable.

Josh983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clears

ZaelTekdist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By rajjarsalt

@d2therj said:
@death4bunnies said:

@d2therj:

I don't care if the coked out of his mind director himself stated it was 1 trillion degrees celsius, doesn't change a thing.

You cannot re-ignite a neutron star, and even ignoring that - the star itself in the movie ignored all scientific reasoning and basis of the real thing. It didn't even behave like a real celestial body.

It's unquantifiable.

Hey, "dog-brain". Still crying about MCU feats that make you shiver in fear?

The star is inside a metal sphere, cuz that's what a dyson sphere is, which is what the VFX studio stated it to be...why the hell would it behave like a real body when they obviously wanted it to behave like a fictional body? Give up the double standards already, and please drop the cringey pseudo-scholar act while you're at it.

Also calling either of the Russo brothers "coked out of his mind" is so memes; you say this while liking and wanking the DCEU and rejecting MCU feats that don't fit within your interpretation of how powerful you want characters to be. And then you have the audacity to claim that the movie ignores scientific reasoning when you do the exact same for the characters you love to wank and then conveniently scream "Science! Science!" when it comes to lowballing non-DCEU verses.

What it comes down to is that if there's a MCU feat you know will hurt your case, you'll try to bullshit your way through it via frames, headcanon, downscaling, and whatever you can pull out of your ass to keep MCU high tiers under MoS Kryptonian level. Keep in mind that these activities don't make you more credible, or less insane, for that matter, than the Word of God. After all, you do have bias against the MCU out of your love for WoDC, so what is there to trust about anything you say about its characters? I mean, placing Superman over fucking Godzilla and Surtur puts you on the rather untrustworthy end of the LA vine, a festering shithole since the start of CBMs, which means you're like, well, idk MotM alt tier?

Oh, and go back to school, m8. You're not good at math. 300 kilotons of W-87 wasn't, isn't, and will never be above 15 megatons of Castle Bravo or a gigaton tier Monarch nuke, no matter how much you manage to weaken Superman with your "cut on face means 99.99999% durability nerf" tier debating. Learning to do math in real life, while useless for a lot of people, is still significantly better than droning on with fancalcs like a peak basement-dweller.

tl;dr try not to insult MCU fans in every thread you post in. Or preferably go back to larva mode when you were wanking comic Supes and appropriately got destroyed by Bane for it.

OT: heat vision's best feat is melting steel, it ain't shit lol

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5fabc76a05e3b
deactivated-5fabc76a05e3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Thor or Iron Man probably.

Sonath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clears.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d2therj said:
@death4bunnies said:

@d2therj:

It's unquantifiable.

The star is inside a metal sphere, cuz that's what a dyson sphere is, which is what the VFX studio stated it to be...why the hell would it behave like a real body when they obviously wanted it to behave like a fictional body? Give up the double standards already, and please drop the cringey pseudo-scholar act while you're at it.

Also calling either of the Russo brothers "coked out of his mind" is so memes; you say this while liking and wanking the DCEU and rejecting MCU feats that don't fit within your interpretation of how powerful you want characters to be. And then you have the audacity to claim that the movie ignores scientific reasoning when you do the exact same for the characters you love to wank and then conveniently scream "Science! Science!" when it comes to lowballing non-DCEU verses.

What it comes down to is that if there's a MCU feat you know will hurt your case, you'll try to bullshit your way through it via frames, headcanon, downscaling, and whatever you can pull out of your ass to keep MCU high tiers under MoS Kryptonian level. Keep in mind that these activities don't make you more credible, or less insane, for that matter, than the Word of God. After all, you do have bias against the MCU out of your love for WoDC, so what is there to trust about anything you say about its characters? I mean, placing Superman over fucking Godzilla and Surtur puts you on the rather untrustworthy end of the LA vine, a festering shithole since the start of CBMs, which means you're like, well, idk MotM alt tier?

Oh, and go back to school, m8. You're not good at math. 300 kilotons of W-87 wasn't, isn't, and will never be above 15 megatons of Castle Bravo or a gigaton tier Monarch nuke, no matter how much you manage to weaken Superman with your "cut on face means 99.99999% durability nerf" tier debating. Learning to do math in real life, while useless for a lot of people, is still significantly better than droning on with fancalcs like a peak basement-dweller.

tl;dr try not to insult MCU fans in every thread you post in. Or preferably go back to larva mode when you were wanking comic Supes and appropriately got destroyed by Bane for it.

all that text and I didn't read a single bit of it.

OT: stops at 11 or clears.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d2therj said:
@rajjarsalt said:
@d2therj said:
@death4bunnies said:

@d2therj:

It's unquantifiable.

all that text and I didn't read a single bit of it.

OT: stops at 11 or clears.

Yeah I wasn't counting on you being an illiterate. Why do you have another person type all that toxic garbage out for you?

Go back to school, m8. Learn to read.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e9d095c91dd
deactivated-60e9d095c91dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The wank thought

Trust takenstew & That kid with the flash pfp.....

1. SpiderMan: Dies
  2. Wonder Woman: Without bracelets? Dies
  3. Aquaman: DEAD DEAD Aquaman! aka Trash energy durability fish
  4. Ares: Dies: Dies ( he died to his own lgihtning)
  5. Iron Man: Endgame? No sells
  6. Zod: ( Probably survives)
  7. Thor: No sells
  8. Steppenwolf: Dies
  9. Hulk: Dies
  10. Thanos: No sells
  11. Prime Surtur (size equalized): No sells
Avatar image for deactivated-615075e6f3ef7
deactivated-615075e6f3ef7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is Steppenwolf above Thor?

AllHellKingDox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3.5M Kelvin everyone gets vaped

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everybody who can survive post awakened Thor's lightning would probably tank it. His lightning was able to easily destroy the Bifrost which could channel enough energy to destroy all of Jotunheim. Superman's heat vision could be calced at about a 700 billion joules if it could heat up one pound of water to 3.5 million celsius in 1 second. This is also if it is going for two minutes or a hundred and twenty seconds. That is about 700 lightning bolts. But considering the fact that Thor's lightning was able to destroy part of the Asgardian palace and the bifrost bridge it should be considered way more than a regular lightning bolt so I think that it is safe to say that his lightning is at least as powerful as 100 lightning bolts considering the fact that it was able to destroy the bifrost. This would mean that Thanos, Thor, Hela, probably Hulk and Captain Marvel would be fine.

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol. Why is fodderwolf above Thor and Hulk? And Why is Thor below hulk and Thanos in terms of durability!

Anyway, clears

Avatar image for supermanwin1875
supermanwin1875

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

3.5M Kelvin everyone gets vaped

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

DCEU TANK >>>>> 3.5 MILLION KELVIN >>>>> SURTURT,THOR,ZOD,THANOS? YES OR NO!

@akz come having destroying this wanker

supermanwin1875

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz: I'M PROBABLY THE BIGGEST SUPERMAN FANBOY

BUT I HAVE TO AGREE MAN

BLOODLUSTED SUPERMAN HV IS POLICE CAR LEVEL.

YES FODDER!

supermanwin1875

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz: I LOVE DCEU SUPES!!!!! READ MY USERNAME THOR WANKER

No Caption Provided

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A case can be made for Ironman. Dead stop at Thor but it easily melts Steppenwolf

organic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

clears

superman heat vision melted krytp metal that no selled repeated lightning strikes

No Caption Provided

thor had to shield himself from suturs flame that didnt even melt rock

No Caption Provided

Zxqcw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stop at surtur or thanos.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@organic: That was not lightning. Those were arcs of electricity. Lightning does not behave like that. Also, Thor is only blocking the force of the energy beam. He is close enough to the fire on the other side of his hammer that he would still get burned if he was not at least resistant to it.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@organic said:

clears

superman heat vision melted krytp metal that no selled repeated lightning strikes

No Caption Provided

thor had to shield himself from suturs flame that didnt even melt rock

No Caption Provided

Heat vision was stopped by a door knob

now cry

DrRobert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol. Heat vision isn't harming anyone on this list.

Kjp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stop at Thor but gets injured

Ccbm2208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers