Flash

SuperVision123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@supervision123: really bullet timing is reaction speed

That's right. Bullet-timing is a character's ability to react to bullets. Diana can react to and counter bullets. Quicksilver is "as fast or almost as fast as a bullet." Diana can react to and counter Quicksilver. She can not do the same to Superman. Superman > Quicksilver in terms of speed.

It's simple, really.

@nucleon said:

IMO, it's your reading of it that's innaccurate.

The speed of two objects doesn't matter if they're on a collision course - it matters if their said speed changes. QS and the bullet were in no race - they simply were on a collision course. The bullet came from QS' 7 or 8 o' clock, and it wasn't aimed at him. QS ran into it like DCEU's flash could trip on an inanimate, stationnary object. Doesn't mean the Flash is slower than a stationnary object, it simply means that they were on a collision course.

The instance I brought up does not support my case because Quicksilver got shot. It supports my case because he was visually seen moving slower than the bullet.

QS was being more efficient in combat than the Flash. Probably because he knew how to fight.

Yea, Pietro is definitely slightly more efficient, but Flash could also run through parademons by the end of the movie, completely annihilating them. He could push an entire car with a family inside at super-speed. It's not like Barry cannot take Pietro down with such a huge speed advantage.

I see no indication that he was any slower, neither.

How about Quicksilver's creator clearly stating that QS is "as fast or almost as fast as a bullet"?

As for WW being faster than any true speedster, no matter how slow he is, it's a fcking joke.

Loading Video...

Also, when did I say WW was faster than QS?

WW's speed is more like PIS rather than a true power - it doesn't show up 2 times out of three.

When doesn't it show up? Every time a bullet is fired at her, she times it. In BvS, she was moving around at blur speeds, and could react to and outmaneuver Doomsday.

She wasn't even considered for an instant in Superman/Flash's pissing contest.

Indeed, which means that Superman and Flash are simply way faster. Which is why they are also faster than Quicksilver.

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303  Edited By Nucleon

@supervision123: The bullet's speed is of no matter: All that count is that it was on a collison course with QS, who didn't even started to speed up in the scene. As I wrote, it could have been an inanimate object like in DCEU Flash's case.

And neither Superman nor Wonder Woman are speedsters. If WW was one, she wouldn't failed to hit her bracers together before Supes was on her. She would have had a bit of speed when she opposed him at the memorial, but it wasn't PIS time for her. In all of the JL movie she moved about as fast a Batman.

As for Supes, his fight with the Flash clearly show that he ain't no speedster: The Flash was de-stabilized, running backwards and a non-fighter, yet not one time did Supes tagged him. Supes was even clumsier than the Flash, which clearly shows he was playing over his speed capacity, even thought the two of them were not that fast to begin with (Flash ran like 20' in all of the sequence). If it were Quicksilver in either Supes or the Flash's place you would have seen the difference.

Not only neither Supes or WW are speedsters, but QS might well be a better speedster than the Flash himself.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supervision123: do you have any official confirmation about Qs being as fast as a bullet?

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce: flash has next to none speed feats to say he is faster than MCU qs

Strike3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supervision123: do you have any official confirmation about Qs being as fast as a bullet?

Faster, consider the bullet from Hawkeye's gun was in slow motion to him.

SuperVision123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nucleon: I don't think you understood me. I am not saying that QS is slower than the bullet because he got hit, I am saying that he is slower because he literally looked slower. He was also going as fast as he could, as he was trying to save Wanda.

I don't consider Superman or Wonder Woman speedsters because their abilities are not primarily based on speed, they just happen to be extremely fast. Your reasoning, however, is flawed. Speedsters can be faster than one another. Wonder Woman's inability to react to Superman is not evidence of her not being a speedster, as Superman could simply be a faster one. As for her being as fast as Batman, I don't recall Bruce blocking dozens of bullets, shifting her entire body before one of them covers several feet, and moving at blur speeds.

I am also not sure why you're straying away from Flash to Superman, we're talking about Barry here. Any proof that "Flash ran like 20' in all of the sequence," whatever that number is? Moving outside of Diana's perception already puts them at multi-mach speeds. There is also the fact that Superman and Barry were portrayed as evenly matched in terms of travel speed, and Clark can fly across continents and into space in a span of seconds... That's faster than a speeding bullet as far as I am concerned.

So, which parts exactly do you disagree with?

• Quicksilver is about as fast as a bullet
  • Barry is about as fast as Superman
  • Superman is faster than a speeding bullet
  • Competent fighting ability does not compensate for an enormous speed disadvantage

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

F

SuperVision123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SuperVision123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strike3 said:
@darkthunder said:

Faster, consider the bullet from Hawkeye's gun was in slow motion to him.

Pietro was also in slow motion.

Syntix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SuperVision123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313  Edited By Nucleon

@supervision123: I don't think you understood me. I am not saying that QS is slower than the bullet because he got hit, I am saying that he is slower because he literally looked slower. He was also going as fast as he could, as he was trying to save Wanda.

He didn't even start to speed up when he collided with the bullet. Wanda was there on his 3 the whole time.

I don't consider Superman or Wonder Woman speedsters because their abilities are not primarily based on speed, they just happen to be extremely fast. Your reasoning, however, is flawed. Speedsters can be faster than one another. Wonder Woman's inability to react to Superman is not evidence of her not being a speedster, as Superman could simply be a faster one. As for her being as fast as Batman, I don't recall Bruce blocking dozens of bullets, shifting her entire body before one of them covers several feet, and moving at blur speeds.

It's not speed that makes the speedster - if it were, then Iron Man would be a speedster. It is the manoeuvrability. You car may be able to ride at 200khm, but try to do it downtown. In this case, Quicksilver was going about bullet speed, because that's about the maximum one can go in limited area fight without ending up your move in Timbuktu, or leveling the place with sonic booms.

I am also not sure why you're straying away from Flash to Superman, we're talking about Barry here. Any proof that "Flash ran like 20' in all of the sequence," whatever that number is? Moving outside of Diana's perception already puts them at multi-mach speeds. There is also the fact that Superman and Barry were portrayed as evenly matched in terms of travel speed, and Clark can fly across continents and into space in a span of seconds... That's faster than a speeding bullet as far as I am concerned.

Like I've wrote 1) I don't think they were that fast to begin with, certainly not at bullet speed - they just had a lot of slomo shots and 2) Superman's performence, even at these conditions, was abyssimal, like he wasn't at his speed.

So, which parts exactly do you disagree with?

• Quicksilver is about as fast as a bullet

In combat, yes. In travel, he is probably much faster.

• Barry is about as fast as Superman

Once again, maybe in travel speed. Superman has nearly no (successful) showing of combat speed.

• Superman is faster than a speeding bullet

Agree.

• Competent fighting ability does not compensate for an enormous speed disadvantage

Disagree. For skill to have no effect, one's got to stop time. Neither QS, the Flash or Superman can stop time.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314  Edited By Mister_Surreal

Quicksilver bit the bullet and Flash can statue Wonder Woman who can easily move and travel as fast as bullets.

Flash > Quicksilver.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Barry fights and throws a punch, there’s no reason why he wouldn’t win this. If he’s scared or too nervous or whatever, Quicksilver can win

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SuperVision123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkthunder: Barry hasn't demonstrated speed above that of a bullet?

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supervision123: when? Statuing ww ok. But no he wasn't above a bullet. Also when you stated that Qs is fast or almost as fast as a bullet, how much speed is that bullet?

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkthunder: and Quicksilver does? Please tell me you are trolling my dude.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce: Qs can slow down bullets. Statue the avengers. And many more

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkthunder: and Flash generates blue shifts, and statues the even faster DC characters. Only Superman can exist in his world. Like I said you'd have an argument with Fox Quicksilver but MCU quicksilver has been outclassed now by other MCU characters.

jaakor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This QS bullet level nonsense needs to stop, he had problems with those bullets because he had gotten exhausted, there is even a scene of him stopping to catch his breath AND he had to Carry two people. When fresh he EFFORTLESSLY caught a bullet like it was nothing. Captain America, who's on a similar level to BP (a bullet timer) was statued by QS, Ironman who has an a better feat than simply bullet timing was statued even DURING his thrusters being activated.

Unless this is a tired and out of breath QS, that shitty argument needs to stop

Avatar image for deactivated-5faf743db9a3e
deactivated-5faf743db9a3e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supervision123: Nice discussion dude, I don't think anyone could have argued better. But he has made up his mind about all of this. He says the same stuff in every debate about DCEU speed.

However, just to add to the points made here. @darkthunder: QS observing Hawkeyes bullet doesn't really mean anything since he was unable to react or do anything other than just that.
But still, this feat is probably the best? He catches a bullet, clears the gun of ammunition, sets up the bullets for display, and all of this from a distance, within a brief second.

Loading Video...

Tenguswordsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: Lan, You are back?!

OT: Flash stomps...

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@tenguswordsman: Yes, but I won't be posting regularly on regular threads. Mainly back for role-play stuffs.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ca3971b879bc
deactivated-5ca3971b879bc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash stomps.

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is this 7 pages? Flash is much faster.

Also, bait thread. Why would you use that picture for QS?

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328  Edited By Darkthunder
Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

@mr_shazam0920: you know 95 % of mcu vs Dceu threads is a stomp for dceus favor because thier different powerlevels

But still here we are

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanthor:

Yep. This one in particular isn’t really debatable.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_shazam0920: you know 95 % of mcu vs Dceu threads is a stomp for dceus favor because thier different powerlevels

But still here we are

This.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of the things that make MCU movies and characters more interesting is that they are more even in power. It makes them more relatable, creates real stakes and investment from the viewers. For example. A suited up peak human like Batman could punch Supes in the face. Supes wouldn't blink, move an inch or be in any way, shape or form affected, whilst the armor covering Batman's fist would eventually get torn off and worn down for every strike. This is a power-gap too large.

If MCU Captain America punches one of the high tiers in the face, like Thor, Thor will be affected, his head will move, he might even feel some pain from the strike. Sure, Cap can't take him out, by any means, but it creates a more leveled playing field.

The power levels between the two universes are far too large.

QS is fast, very fast, but he isn't vaporising people he runs into fast.

Avatar image for clownprinceofcrime1995
clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@megafanflash:

You can’t power scale in the MCU because it’s too inconsistent.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clownprinceofcrime1995: Yeah I guess that's true. I was more focused on that MCU characters can have both external and internal struggles. Whilst most DCEU characters need to focus on internal struggles (as a tendency at least).

Avatar image for clownprinceofcrime1995
clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@megafanflash:

I mean with the MCU the power scale is just everywhere. Strength and durability vary between scenes. The DCEU is at least more consistent.

HulkBusterx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on who's faster and the better fighter.

Jacksattacks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337  Edited By Jacksattacks

They are both one of the weakest versions of the characters, but flash appears to be much faster, plus quicksilver was killed by a bullet, meaning that he wasn't able to catch the bullet in the air, so flash wins.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d39a38bf2071
deactivated-5d39a38bf2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quicksilver

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash is faster, is stronger and has more feats

He stomps.

MattyBoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341  Edited By MattyBoi

Flash stomps.

TheHolyFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash blitzes. Though Quicksilver is a far smarter fighter.

Battinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash toiletstomps.

SonOfMadara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344  Edited By SonOfMadara

The fact that this made it to 300+ posts with people actually arguing for Quicksilver is sad

This was a clear bait thread with that picture for Quicksilver

goldeneagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash. He is obviously faster.

TheQuatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers