DCEU Doomsday vs MCU Thanos(H2H)

• 75 results
Avatar image for getsugatenshoha
Posted by GetsugatenshoHA (119 posts) 17 days, 23 hours ago

Poll: DCEU Doomsday vs MCU Thanos(H2H) (65 votes)

Doomsday 69%
Thanos 31%

Thanos only has his sword.

Who comes out alive?

#1 Edited by Bearderby (1684 posts) - - Show Bio

DD eats his daily ComicVine breakfast

Post-Nuke DD > Pre-Nuke DD > Post JL Sups >> MoS Sups > Zod > WW=Thanos

literally "DD farts and Thanos dies"

#2 Posted by Flashkings (464 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol?????

#3 Posted by eri123 (7328 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

Avatar image for captainsweatpan
#4 Edited by CaptainSweatpan (3123 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman blocked a direct blow from him and outreacted him chopping his hand off, she created no mach cone while doing so, she created no mach cones for the entire fight yet was able to block DDs blows and she consistently (literally) fights at peak human speed, Batman was also able to preceive his movements and evade them with his grapple gun and ghost him with a smoke grenade, this instance might seem like plot/PIS but Diana also literally operates at peak human speed in all her fights yet was able to react, outreact and fight DD since she had a level of strength to not get instantly squashed unlike Batman

I don't know if MCU Thanos vs DCEU Doomsday is as much of a mismatch as people think, him being supposedly stronger doesn't mean anything since we saw Diana, a less skilled fighter than Thanos hold her own enough to chop his hand off 1 on 1 when Superman was saving Lois, strength is only one aspect of a fight and not even the most important, on top of that Diana blocked a point blank blow from DD that fell to the ground after she moved her sword showing that DD was still applying pressure and needed to use nuke-vision to blow her away when she was about to poke his face with her sword, this battle is strictly h2h

Yeah he reacted to Superman, showing that type of speed only when someone attacked him with that type of speed, if DD truly operated at that level of speed 100% of the time he would have easily blitzed both Batman and Diana but didn't

After all of that the only question is how much damage Thanos can do with his sword to DD, cutting Caps shield with all the piercing feats it and vibranium has (Caps shield even pierced Ultron who had piercing feats of his own) shows that DD will need more than bullet piercing resistance to no sell Thanos' blade

#5 Edited by nn5 (1209 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday might be too fast, probably stronger too. With speed equalized I'd back Thanos.

Avatar image for the_agent_of_chaos
#6 Edited by The_Agent_Of_Chaos (1588 posts) - - Show Bio

@eri123: Doomsday Murderstomps. He blocked Superman easily after being born.. imagine doomsday amped lol

Heat vision takes 1 sec to blink thanos.

Avatar image for the_agent_of_chaos
#7 Posted by The_Agent_Of_Chaos (1588 posts) - - Show Bio

@captainsweatpan: BvS Diana is far superior to endgame thanos:

She Speed Blitzes and one shot , thanos is overrated,

#8 Posted by GhostCap (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Assuming Doomsday gets to adapt and regenerate, then he wins.

#9 Posted by Fantaman11 (494 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday claps then. If Thanos will manage to rip his arms off Doomy will generate spiky arms and will stab Thanos to Death

#10 Posted by CaptainSweatpan (3123 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_agent_of_chaos: I have no further comment, I covered everything I had to say, needless to say I disagree with everything you said

#11 Posted by g2_ (12802 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos.

#12 Posted by FFT203 (91 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday

#13 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (6073 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, if Thanos’s Uru sword can slice and dice Doomsday as I think maybe it can, then Thanos.

If not, then DD murderstomps.

#14 Posted by HERMES1220 (1417 posts) - - Show Bio

@captainsweatpan: One correction, I actually did see a mach cone when she cut his arm off. I’ll look again but I’m pretty sure I saw one or just a shockwave in general.

#15 Edited by CaptainSweatpan (3123 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Edited by HERMES1220 (1417 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by WordWarrior (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos easily. Doomsday couldn't hit or hurt Batman. The entire fight. And was hurt by far lesser than Thanos. It'd be an easy de-limb and then de-cap. If not just a Hulk-level beatdown.

#18 Posted by CaptainSweatpan (3123 posts) - - Show Bio

@hermes1220: I've got the movie, I just watched it, I didn't see it

#19 Posted by HERMES1220 (1417 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@hermes1220: I've got the movie, I just watched it, I didn't see it

This is what I’m seeing. But we can agree to disagree ig. That’s fine with me.

#20 Posted by CaptainSweatpan (3123 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Edited by NWName (5485 posts) - - Show Bio

DD eats his daily ComicVine breakfast

#22 Posted by Bayman007 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday whaps him down.

#23 Posted by HERMES1220 (1417 posts) - - Show Bio

@captainsweatpan: I said that it was either a mach cone or a normal shockwave. Its appearance looks like both to me. It does show that there was power behind her attack. And visuals match what is usually shown for characters on that power level and above in the DCEU.

#24 Posted by CaptainSweatpan (3123 posts) - - Show Bio

@hermes1220: of course there was power behind her attack, I don't remember seeing a mach cone like that in the DCEU

#25 Posted by HERMES1220 (1417 posts) - - Show Bio

@captainsweatpan: I think it would have to be different since the attack type is different. No one’s punching or ramming into someone. Someone’s getting a limb chopped off, so they had to change how the shockwave looks.

#26 Edited by CaptainSweatpan (3123 posts) - - Show Bio

@hermes1220: that's just speculation then and when we speculate there are no facts

#27 Posted by HERMES1220 (1417 posts) - - Show Bio

@captainsweatpan: Nothing about it is speculation. We clearly see the shockwave there has rounded edges similar to the other shockwaves we see for other high tiers in her universe. It’s clear that that is what it is.

#28 Posted by MountAcnologia (503 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just waiting for the Thanos fans to show up to wank him ... Lol

#29 Posted by kalkent (3763 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by kalkent (3763 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is sweats staying on the idea of Diana blocking his punch when I showed that the bladed side of her sword clearly went into his hand...

#31 Posted by Xanman2000 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday still wins.

#32 Posted by AlexTheBoss (19656 posts) - - Show Bio

Since Thanos has his sword and is far more skilled while Doomsday is just a brute, I'll go with him. If Thanos didn't have his sword, or if Doomsday had intelligence or skill, I would go with Doomsday.

#33 Posted by eri123 (7328 posts) - - Show Bio

@kalkent: Stronger,can keep up with him him,not stupid,durable enough to withstand his hits and of course he has skill.

#34 Posted by kalkent (3763 posts) - - Show Bio

@eri123 said:

Stronger,can keep up with him him,not stupid,durable enough to withstand his hits and of course he has skill.

Is he stronger though? Superman could barely budge him with full power blood-lusted bullrushes. He also had his bullrushes straight up casually overpowered his bullrushes multiple times. I don't see him taking many full power shots. He was overpowering Superman's bullrushes with barely any build up on his own punches. That is ridiculously impressive. He is going to be hardpressed to use his skill since Doomsday is just as fast and is like 13 feet taller, and therefore will have a massive reach advantage.

#35 Posted by Kirkseven (3647 posts) - - Show Bio

WW easily cutting through Nuke level+ Doomsday is a feat for her sword, not the other way around.

Also, when Thanos got his arm cut off, he cried like a little bitch, Doomsday on the other hand got stronger and grew a spike to replace his lost limb. Who do you think wins?

#36 Posted by eri123 (7328 posts) - - Show Bio

@kalkent: I think Superman was weakened there,I mean he wasn't even moving DD with his bullrushes and Diana was,this was shown in a thread where Diana bullrushed and moved DD a bit.And since you admit their speed is equal,I imagine the fight will go Hulk vs Thanos only he has this sword now.I don't being taller and having a reach advantage is going to help here since he has no intellegince at all.

#37 Posted by kalkent (3763 posts) - - Show Bio

@eri123 said:

I think Superman was weakened there,I mean he wasn't even moving DD with his bullrushes and Diana was,this was shown in a thread where Diana bullrushed and moved DD a bit.And since you admit their speed is equal,I imagine the fight will go Hulk vs Thanos only he has this sword now.I don't being taller and having a reach advantage is going to help here since he has no intellegince at all.

He wasn't weakened when the sun healed him, at which point DD was still continuing to absolutely fodderize him and his bullrushes. I think the Diana thing is just bad editing and a PIS part of the film, he was fodderizing her too. I mean, the fact that you have to slow it down drastically to even notice it speaks volumes. It won't go like Hulk vs Thanos because DD is vastly more durable than Hulk and Thanos can't even reach his face. He is far more aggressive and will constantly be on top of Thanos, and if he gets his hands on him it's clipped.

#38 Posted by eri123 (7328 posts) - - Show Bio

@kalkent: You didn't need to slow down the scene to see that and I don't think he was fodderizing her at all she did more damage to DD than Superman.Thanos has his sword here,imagine if he had it in the Hulk fight,he would have got cut in pieces.Even if DD has a reach advantage he is still a mindless monster with no skill as I said before.

#39 Posted by TakenStew22 (5960 posts) - - Show Bio

Been done a trillion times. DD still wins, easily at that.

#40 Edited by kalkent (3763 posts) - - Show Bio

@takenstew22 said:

Been done a trillion times. DD still wins, easily at that.

But wonder woman stronger than him tho.

#41 Edited by kalkent (3763 posts) - - Show Bio

@eri123 said:

@kalkent: You didn't need to slow down the scene to see that and I don't think he was fodderizing her at all she did more damage to DD than Superman.Thanos has his sword here,imagine if he had it in the Hulk fight,he would have got cut in pieces.Even if DD has a reach advantage he is still a mindless monster with no skill as I said before.

You're seriously reaching man. She didn't inflict any blunt force damage on him and he was swatting and blasting her away multiple times. If he has the sword he can win, but that really isn't H2H, in which he gets murdered.

Avatar image for detectivesomerset__
#42 Posted by DetectiveSomerset__ (1753 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
#43 Posted by TheSpartanB345T (5226 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday definitely can't be harmed by the sword.

Avatar image for money_brings_happiness
#44 Edited by Money_Brings_Happiness (511 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday 6/10 He has better reach and is stronger though the sword can cut through him like butter and a single shot to the head ends the fight I see Doomsday keeping away from the sword for the most part.

#45 Posted by MrTrey (939 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by MattyBoi (2895 posts) - - Show Bio

Since thanos has his sword, he beheads DD.

#47 Posted by kalkent (3763 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattyboi said:

Since thanos has his sword, he beheads DD.

He can't even reach his head.

#48 Posted by Kevd4wg (14288 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is Doomsday more durable then Vibranium?

#49 Edited by ftt40 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg: No selling a nuke puts him up there with it. That being said, this thread is clearly biased in Thanos’s favor as he shouldn’t have the sword in H2H.

Edit-I don’t know why my name is this. This is supposed to be from kalkent but I just logged in on my iPad and everything is weird.

#50 Posted by TheHolyFish (541 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos takes it in a hard fight.