DCEU Doomsday vs MCU Avengers

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@chazzer: Are you joking? Do you know what's the meaning of an outlier? The ring feat is also vague as heck as I explained earlier, and that has nothing to do with it being an outlier.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c
deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

For the mass of the Alderson disk - some of the inner metal is more durable than Thor as far as its ability to casually handle temperature goes. Given the relative size of the star, it is gonna weigh a lot in Earth weight, more than stone or any alloy of steel. Not gonna do calcs on that.

I don't know how the tech manages to get such a condensed beam by merely opening the forge, though. A miracle of physics? Probably so.

No Caption Provided

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#403  Edited By xzone

@lan_fan:

1) I’m just using planets as an example, but people use feats in space ALL the time

2) It’s not a massive assumption when you are lowballing the possibilities. The lightest metals possible would still come out to multi hundred thousand tons

3) PIS doesn’t always make sense. Again, sometimes these kinda things happen and we would write it off by saying the rope is strong. What anti-feat are you referring to?

4) Ship is powerful

5) Maybe it wasn’t clearly seen, but saying “well this is an outlier because it isn’t consistent”,but also saying “I don’t see any evidence of an amp” is crazy. The fact that it seems to be an outlier makes his amp more likely to have influenced strength

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: what is an outlier i always herd of that but do not know what it is I am assuming it’s a feat a character have done that are not normally in there tier or current capabilities

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: Are you talking about the mass or weight? Actually?

That rope probably has better feats than adamantium, lol. That's just ridiculous no matter how we see it.

The surface of the ring got destroyed easily, then seconds later it was durable enough to hold Thor while he was moving the whole ring.

I really don't see any evidence of an amp besides this one. Of course I would consider it an outlier.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshua755: An outlier is basically a character doing something far outside their normal power scale. Let’s say Spider-Man (MCU) lifted an entire building above his head, that would be an outlier because he has no feats even near that level of strength

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: moving things in space for impressive feats is also common in fiction, if you'll apply science in thors feats, apply sciene in supermans feats, simple

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#408  Edited By LeonardSnart

I guess pre crisis wonder woman can pull suns cause she did it in space with her tiny ship, you heard it here folks

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonardsnart: The difference is, there's a reason why the ring shouldn't be that heavy (because it was in space) and all things that happened support that it isn't that heavy. Meanwhile, there's no reason why a building on earth isn't as heavy as it seems to be. Pre crisis feats are really stupid, so that's not a good example at all.

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: the stupid pre crisis feats are still feats and are still used, I guess you're saying Superman can't pull planets now cause he did it with a chain?

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonardsnart: As I see it, pre crisis characters are just inconsistent with some stupid outlier feats that don't even make sense. I don't think they really care about writing stories that make sense back in the days.

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: but they are still feats that are used on comicvine

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: and in terms of outliers, would Doomsday tanking a nuke be an outlier cause he did nothing close to it for the rest if the fight? And superman fighting at flash level speeds cause he hadn't done anything like that before?

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#414  Edited By Shinne

@leonardsnart: No, Doomsday tanking a nuke isn't an outlier, because it's heavily implied that there were literally nothing the heroes could do to put him down (except for kryptonite).

Superman's speed feats in MoS and the statement from BvS should already indicate that he's that fast, or even faster. If anything, that's a feat for Barry. Plus, Superman did something similar to that level when he blitzed and stopped Wonder Woman from clashing her bracelets.

m_u_s_883311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

doomsday crushes, stomps, tosses them about

m_u_s_883311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#417  Edited By LeonardSnart

@lan_fan: nothing the hero's do is close to nuke level tho, that's not enough to prove it's not an outlier by your standards

What feat does Superman have in MOS that are like Barry's speed, please don't use scenes where superman is flying then it cuts to him being somewhere else as speed feats cause we don't know how much time it took to go there

That fight where he blitzed wonder woman is still in the same "outlier" scene and movie where he matched flashes speed

See how ridiculous arguements get when we try lowballing on screen feats?

If anything Thors ring feat is inline with Ragnarok where we see him fight a person who crushed Mjolnir with their hands, Thor then goes on to take a blast that melts Uru in IW, Thor has been getting better feats since his amp in Ragnarok, when will these feats stop being outliers and be consistent feats? You're still hung up on the Thor pre-Ragnarok when he's been clearly shown to be getting stronger and better

Also Thor literally doesn't have any strength feats so what are we using to say Thors ring feat is an outlier when he hasn't got any strength feats to compare too?

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonardsnart: Well no, I don't see the part where Doomsday performing below the nuke feat either. It's been consistent that he didn't struggle with little stuffs like Thor did.

Superman already flew at 2 digits mach speed at 3 occasions, in his first flight scene, that travelling half the world stuffs, and in his fight with Zod.

Thor on the other hand, his physicality has been pathetic throughout the previous movies. He was also clearly weaker than both Hela and Hulk, so I don't know what you mean by "matching up" as he didn't overpower or stalemated anyone physically. The only proof that he got amped is one ridiculous outlier feat that doesn't make sense in a lot of aspects.

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IW Thor could potentially solo

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#420  Edited By LeonardSnart

@lan_fan: what other nuke level feat does doomsday have?

Travelling half the world stuff when we don't know how long he took

Like I told you, you're still hung up on Thor pre-ragnarok, where did I say "matched up"? Hulk literally only got the upper hand on Thor when Thor stuck his hand out to him trying to calm him down and turn him back to banner then proceeded to tank his ground and pound(and whatever Hulk does to Thor is a feat for hulk, not an anti feat for Thor, people forget hulks leviathin feat), Thor then fights someone who can crush Mjolnir with their bare hands in Ragnarok and isn't instantly crushed and loses due to inferior skill rather than laughably inferior strength, then in the very next movie tanks blasts that melted uru (now has consistent durability feats to "matching up" to thinks that are able to compromise metal that tanked the sokovia explosion) and performs basically his "only" strength feat post-Ragnarok after not getting instantly crushed by someone who was able to effortlessly crush mjonir, these feats are inline with each other, you're the person who just doesn't want to face facts that they've been portraying Thor and mcu characters at a higher power level than before, like Thanos crushing vibranium with his fingers and even Ironman was able to withstand a meteor that created shockwaves we haven't seen anyone tank in mcu and dceu movies save for Doomsdays "outlier" nuke feat, even Spiderman has that feat of holding a separating ferry ship in his movie before Ironman helped him

I don't know how you missed this and didn't address it in my previous post but I hope you don't miss it now

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#421  Edited By Shinne

@leonardsnart: I don't need another nuke feats for Doomsday, there's nothing that indicate that he's weaker than that.

That flying scene is legit, and not affected by a jump cut or anything like that. After he destroyed the World Engine at the Indian Ocean, the one at Metropolis stopped working too as they are synchronized. He then takes only 1.5 seconds after getting up and flying to Metropolis to save Lois. Plus, he has other feats at this level as well.

Thor is physically weaker than Hulk, it was clearly portrayed that way. Thor could match-up with Hulk due to his far superior skill and striking. Hela also overpowered Thor throughout their fight, and Thor didn't get crushed instantly only due to his lightning cloak. He got crushed instantly in their first fight, I don't see how it was anything even. In Ragnarok it was only mentioned that Thor can now channel his "power" without Mjolnir, and he didn't even lose his physicality when Mjolnir got destroyed. Again, The only proof that he got amped physically is one ridiculous outlier feat that doesn't make sense in a lot of aspects.

Obviously MCU is a decently powerful universe now, before it was weak. I'm not denying that at all.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:

@batman242: Credit goes to Deltahuman.

Yea, nice catch, @deltahuman. I always benched the time it took him to get from one side of Earth to the other at 10 minutes. Making him about mach 90.

I'll see if the Official Novelization says anything more on this too.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#425  Edited By MErulezall

Avengers as long as they don't feed Doomsday energy for him to grow. I think without the energy boosts he would of even died to supes or ww over time.

Avatar image for deutschkurzhaar
DeutschKurzhaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange or Thor could bfr

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor one shots...

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#428  Edited By LeonardSnart

@lan_fan: the nuke feat is 1000 times better than his other feats tho, isn't that what an outlier is?

Cut scenes give no indication of time tho, how do we know they didn't cut out a few seconds or minutes when he was flying to shorten the scene? The two devices stopping st the same time shows the devices are synchronized, not the time

When is it clearly portrayed that Thor is weaker than Hulk? And if that's the case, Hulk just scales to Thor then, I don't see the relevance here

Thor got the lightning cloak after fighting Hela quiet a bit, Thor did much better and required Hela to put out much more effort than she did crushing Mjolnir

Why do you keep ignoring the fact that Thor now has two feats that show him having comparable or even superior durability feats compared to Mjolnir and uru? Do you just not like these feats? Why do you keep ignoring the fact that Thor has been getting better feats since Ragnarok?

This is like me saying Superman still gets koed by an oil rig even though it's clear he's been getting more feats

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonardsnart: No, best feat and outlier are different things.

The fact is, we know how far the jump cut happened due to the 2 device synchronizing, and both scenes were nearly happening at the same time as we can see it clearly. It still requires 3 digits mach speed to perform. You're not making any sense here at all. Just stop with lowballing Superman will ya? It's clearly not working.

I ignore nothing, like I said multiple times. The only indication that Thor got amped is that ridiculous outlier feat that doesn't make sense in a lot of aspects.

The fact is, Thor was not stronger than Hela nor he was even to her. This is like comparing Wonder Woman's strength to Superman, just because they fought for less than a minute.

Thor in phase 1 blocked a punch from angrier version of Hulk, of course his Shrek form will be no problem. As I see it, Thor got more skilled over the year though. Scaling Hulk from Thor's ring feat is about the same as scaling Doomsday from Superman's tectonic plate feat.

It was stated that Superman supposed to be increasing his powers as he matures and pushing himself to the limit. So, there's an explanation to it. Otherwise I would also consider him inconsistent.

samhmd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If these are the IW Avengers, they win. The Battle with Doomsday was full of stupidity and could've been won without Supermans' death.

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor solos. If Strange is part of the Team he solos aswell. DD gets stomped.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:

@leonardsnart:

Superman already flew at 2 digits mach speed at 3 occasions, in his first flight scene, that travelling half the world stuffs, and in his fight with Zod.

As well as the time he outran a nuke in B v S, sending Doomsday flying with his punches at double digit mach speeds.

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: so no proof that Doomsdays feat isn't an outlier, for the record I don't think it's an outlier just like how I don't think Thors feat is an outlier

Fair enough on the Superman speed feat but that wasn't the point I was going at anyway, I can go on about impressive feats he did that should be considered outliers

The fact that Thor didn't get instantly crushed like cardboard by Hela is a feat for Thor, Thor was able to fight against someone who crushed Mjolnir with their bare hand effortlessly, that's definitely a feat for him, comparing that to Superman two shotting Diana is a complete joke

Comparing Thors on screen feat to Supermans newpaper article? Are you serious?

So Thor can't get more powerful? Is that what you're saying?

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: Thor got outskilled by Hela rather than outmuscled like I've already pointed out, I hope you don't ignore that again and compare their fight to Diana getting two shotted by Superman

el-kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday isnt getting out strange attacks , d only reason thanos got out was due to d gems , and yes strange will Hav all d time in world to cast any spell he wants , doomsday will literally Hav to go throw Thor, hulk , iron man Wanda and d rest

el-kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#436  Edited By el-kun

And Dere is vision who is almost impervious to physical attacks , if u doubt me , go take a look at d fight scene with Thor and vision it's a deleted scene by d way ,he took cull hammer blow to d face and didn't even notice it, ,d same hammer blow which dazed both war machine nd iron man , and dont forget vision can phase too

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonardsnart: The thing is, you're trying to use my logic against me, am I correct? Well, it's clearly not working because DCEU characters aren't inconsistent like Thor, nor they were consistenly weak in the previous movies, and even when they did something weak, it was given a proper explanation and context, instead of giving the character one time high end feat outta nowhere. Well, they did it once on that newspaper feat, but we can both agree that's an outlier.

On the opposite, from what I see, Thor could only match Hela due to his skill (even though he was less skilled) and when he tried to overpower her, he failed badly. Plus, he got stomped anyway. These conditions are about the same to Wonder Woman losing to Superman, which is why I mentioned it earlier except for the fact that Superman was massively faster as well.

Thor needs to be consistently powerful, right now his feats are all over the place without any given explanation. And as I already explained, even this one time feat doesn't make sense in a lot of aspects.

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: Thor is relatively consistant. You want a character that's all over the place? I've got a Wonder Woman for you.

Neither Thor's skill or amping could have beaten Hela. The only way to beat Hela was the one used in the movie - unleashing Eternal Flame Surtur on her.

NiteLite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IW Avengers stomp.

AoU Avengers lose hard.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bloodlusted, and a fight to the death... Doomsday stomps.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#441  Edited By Shinne

@nucleon: Yeah, I never said Thor could beat Hela. Though that doesn't stop stronger characters to do it.

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:

@nucleon: Yeah, I never said Thor could beat Hela. Though that doesn't stop stronger characters to do it.

In comparison with the Thor-Hela match, WW had a chance against Superman. Fighting Hela was just hopeless until Asgard was destroyed. I don't think 1000 extra, amped Thors armed with 1000 Gungnir would have been more successful, given that Hela was expressly invincible by plot.

The only MCU characters that, IMO would have had a chance vs Hela outside of the plot solution are, IMO, Dormammu, full-gauntlet Thanos and that Celestial from GotG.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#443  Edited By Shinne

@nucleon: Well, yeah, I personally don't only take anti-feat to determine someone's limit, I'd need a positive feat from the said character as well, which Hela is clearly lacking. The same logic applies to characters like DCEU Doomsday, everything was hopeless until they found the kryptonite, I really felt it throughout the end of the movie, but I would not claim that he was invincible if kryptonite wasn't involved.

But yeah, I agree with your list regarding people in MCU who can beat Hela.

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#444  Edited By LeonardSnart

@lan_fan: still absolutely no feat for doomsday that comes close to nuke level which means it's an outlier

no, those conditions are absolutely not the same, Thor didn't get two shotted by Hela like Wonder Woman was against superman, Thor was able to tank a few hits, make Hela react to his punches and block punches without getting any blow back (someone who's laughably under you in strength shouldn't be able to do this), the gap between Hela and Thor is smaller than the gap between Superman and Diana, Thor not getting one shot by Hela is actually a feat in itself

I've listed Thors consistent feats, he survived the sokovia explosion, fought Hela who's Mjolnir+ and didn't get instantly crushed, tanked full force of a star, and then went on to perform that ring feat, can you not clearly see that Thor has been getting more powerful and has been getting better feats as the movies went on? How are you missing this?

Also Thor being inconsistent by your words means you also can't say this feat is an outlier cause you obviously don't know where his power level is supposed to be, you just want it to be weak and here on comicvine we look at a characters good feats, something tells me if Superman gets better feats than this in the next movie (if there is one) you won't have a problem with this Thor feat, you want talk about consistency? It's consistent for Superman fans to lowball feats a character has that are better than Supermans, it's like you guys read off of the same debating handbook

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonardsnart: What? No, Thor has weak showings, Doomsday doesn't. So no, my own logic doesn't work against me here.

Thor survived Sokovia explosion because he had layers of rocks protecting him from it, and he was KO'd. The rest I already addressed in my previous posts, a lot of things about it don't make sense, Thor's consistency is just one part of it. Thor did absolutely nothing against Hela, please post the exact moment that makes you think "oh, Thor's strong" from their fight scene. Thor survived getting ragdolled once and sliced three times, is that what you consider impressive strength?

Even if Superman gets better feats in the future, there will be a logical explanation about it: He was resurrected and pretty much empowered by something that can empower a planet. Don't get me started on Thor's feats again, I feel like we're going in circles here.

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#446  Edited By LeonardSnart

@lan_fan: an outlier is when a character does something leagues better than their other feats, which is what doomsday did when he tanked the nuke

So yeah, Thor survived the sokovia explosion

Then in the next movie smacked Hulk across the arena, disoriented and tanked Hulks ground and pound (when hulk himself has impressive striking and durability feats) when in the first Avengers got a bloody nose from one Hulk punch

Then Thor was able to tussle and then in your words survived getting ragdolled by someone with Mjolnir+ strength when his hammer that has literally some of the best blunt force durability feats we've seen in both the mcu and DCEU got crushed instantly and effortlessly

Then in the next movie performs the rings feat

Then get goes on to tank the full force of a star

I ask you again, is it not clear to you that Thor has been getting better and better?(Don't ignore this question again) The ring feat is <<<< the star feat, so are we now going to say Thors feats in IW are outliers and we can't use them in battle threads

You yourself said Thor is inconsistent so why don't we use his best feats rather than calling them an outlier if you don't know where his power level is consistently?

And I've just remembered that you tried to use Superman two shotting Diana as a durability feat for her in an older thread but when Thor does better than Diana did against someone which a better strength feat than Superman, suddenly it's pathetic

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God forbid characters getting power-ups on this forum

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday tanking a nuke is a feat for him, not an outlier. Gawd blimey haha

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bayman007: you obviously haven't been reading through the thread, great work not getting the context of my arguement

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonardsnart: I did read the so called Argument you are putting up, and it's not much of one