#51 Posted by Sebast_Allen (2732 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: I don't think Doomsday would survive without a head... By the same Token, I could argue the same thing for Hulk, but we both know that'd be a huge stretch. Yes Doomday had insane Regeneration, and yes, he got stronger, but to take it as far as comparing him to Hunter/Prey and saying he could survive without a head is just plain ludicrus. We both know if Diana beheaded him that would be the end of that. With at least three powerhouses EXCLUDING Hulk, each with a completely unique powerset all trying to take Doomsday's head off after realizing they can't beat him flat out, they would find a way.

@ajax1998: I mean she hasn't shown it, but she is a telepath, a telekenetic, and has ripped through Vibranium and disentegrated whole hordes of Bots. Put that all together, and it wouldn't bd hard to assume that at full power, morals off, she wouldn't just try completely destroy the monster through lobotomy. Either way, the message I was trying to get across is that Wanda is by no means a non-factor here, she is a real threat to Doomsday, and going all out, I fully beleive she has what it takes to do massive damage to Doomsday.

#52 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: I don't think Doomsday would survive without a head... By the same Token, I could argue the same thing for Hulk, but we both know that'd be a huge stretch.

Yes Doomday had insane Regeneration, and yes, he got stronger, but to take it as far as comparing him to Hunter/Prey and saying he could survive without a head is just plain ludicrus.

We both know if Diana beheaded him that would be the end of that.

With at least three powerhouses EXCLUDING Hulk, each with a completely unique powerset all trying to take Doomsday's head off after realizing they can't beat him flat out, they would find a way.

There really is no telling if Doomsday could have regenerate a lost head because we dont know how his regeneration engine works, if it doesn't need his brain to work?

You misunderstand, I compared him to Hunter/Prey because like this version of Doomsday did not need to die before it regenerated and improved itself.

Do we?

Except none of them are as strong as Superman, none of them have a sword like Diana's and if I am not mistaken, the Vision didn't actually show he could phase through anything in AoU. Also you have to consider that half the team is likely going to be wiped out the first time Doomsday erupts, either by taking a hit directly or risks being buried in the rubble of their cover.

#53 Posted by Sebast_Allen (2732 posts) - - Show Bio

There really is no telling if Doomsday could have regenerate a lost head because we dont know how his regeneration engine works, if it doesn't need his brain to work?

That's exactly my point. We don't know the limits of his Regenerative ability, so assuming it to be higher than what we saw is pretty much a no-limits fallacy, I mean it's not like Doomsday even regenerated its arm back, rather, it went for the route of regenerating and elongating the bone into a weapon. I'm not going to say that's proof that Doomsday can't just regenerate anything, but at the same time, it does show us there are limits to what it can do per evolution.

You misunderstand, I compared him to Hunter/Prey because like this version of Doomsday did not need to die before it regenerated and improved itself.

Fair enough, my mistake.

Do we?

Based on what we, or at least I saw, definitely. Regardless of how powerful it is, unless stated otherwise, it still needs a brain to function. I'm not going to go assume Doomsday is the one exception to the rule of needing a head to regenerate unless I am sure of it, and we're not. It's always better to round down in this kind of case, Doomsday can regenerate limbs, but all core functioning still comes from the brain, and if that is removed, it's game over.

Except none of them are as strong as Superman, none of them have a sword like Diana's

There's a reason I left Hulk out when I said the three powerhouses. I could honestly debate for Thor and Hulk's case for being as strong as Clark, but I know it wouldn't even matter. As strong as or not, Blunt force simply isn't taking Doomsday down, and that's why Wanda, Vision and Thor are really the ones who have the best shot at taking him together. Wanda definitely has enough Telepathic and Telekinetic power to be an issue to Doomsday, Vision is insanely durable, fast, and possesses the capability to bypass Doomsday's insane regenerative power and pure durability, and Thor has the power to constantly be in control of the environment, he could easily summon a Class Five or higher hurricane to simply lift Doomsday off of the ground and therefore take away a lot of his options, as well as a hammer that can move so insanely fast that I have no doubt in my mind that unrestrained, at full speed, it would punch straight through Doomsday's head, chest, or any area it hit:

Loading Video...

You also have Cap's shield, which would have the same effect as Diana's sword with enough force behind it:

No Caption Provided

and if I am not mistaken, the Vision didn't actually show he could phase through anything in AoU.

No Caption Provided

There is another instance of him phasing during the whole Avengers protecting the core scene where he phases his arm into a bots chest and rips out its inner workings. Deleted scenes also have Vision phasing through attacks like Mjolnir.

Also you have to consider that half the team is likely going to be wiped out the first time Doomsday erupts, either by taking a hit directly or risks being buried in the rubble of their cover.

I disagree. The reason they'll survive, the same reason I think they can win, is because the Avengers fight as a Team. Bruce survived at least three of those eruptions, one on his own, the other's with the help of Diana and Clark. He survived because he had support, and more than anything, the Avengers are a well oiled machine of a team. They have the kind of teamwork that takes years to build, and are always behind each other's backs. You have Stark, Wanda, Thor, Cap, Hulk and Vision, Pietro, all with the means to survive on their own, so to think that Barton and Natasha wouldn't survive when they have so many members with the means to protect them, which is what they'd want to do before all else, is a bit out there, especially when you consider that Bruce survived with less.

It is by no means a walk in the park. No soloing by any members is happening here, but together, the Avengers will manage to defeat Doomsday, I have no doubt about that.

#54 Posted by hatemalingsia (15494 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends if Doomsday can be TPed or not and if the team has the opportunity to do so.

#55 Posted by MasterKungFu (20773 posts) - - Show Bio

avengers can win but in their most difficult and gruesome battle ever and with heavy casualties.......though on the other hand they simply make him stronger than ever thus never putting him down permanently

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
#56 Edited by deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0 (11360 posts) - - Show Bio

@ajax1998 said:

@sebast_allen: Wanda has the ability to lobotomize people??

She didn't demonstrated that....is just speculation.

#57 Edited by Sebast_Allen (2732 posts) - - Show Bio
#58 Posted by icec0ld (1380 posts) - - Show Bio

@sebast_allen:

You're overselling the avengers.

They stand zero chance against doomsday.

He is faster than anyone on they're squad and his reflexes are top notch. He was able to time and swat both superman and wonderwoman both of which were blitzing him.

His eye beam would kill the majority of the avengers from the get and he is insanely aggressive. They won't have a moment to breath and they can use range attacks at the risk of charging him up. He tanked a nuke dead on and it made him stronger.

The avengers fight drones so weak black widow and jackets can toss them around with ease. Drones over six feet tall made entirely of thick metal that has to weigh at least 700 lbs can be casually tag dolled by humans. Doomsday would stomp them avengers ultron, his drones, and the chitari at once.

#59 Posted by Goldchamp101 (8760 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday.

Avatar image for almightyamortal
#60 Posted by AlmightyAmortal (915 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday

#61 Posted by FirstHunter (3460 posts) - - Show Bio
#62 Posted by MorningDawn12 (255 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday

#63 Posted by Amonfire1776 (3175 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers...Doomsday durability is strong but I'm not impressed with his power output....

#64 Posted by foxerdes (10337 posts) - - Show Bio
#65 Posted by Amonfire1776 (3175 posts) - - Show Bio

@foxerdes: I feel his speed limited him and the destruction was only in a small area.

#66 Posted by foxerdes (10337 posts) - - Show Bio

@amonfire1776: It's more that he was... clumsy. When he actually needed to he reacted to Clark bullrush twice. Not sure what you meant by destruction in small area. He only caused a shockwave during his evolution.

#67 Posted by ThunderPrince (7097 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless the Avengers have some kyptonite Doomsday wins.

#68 Posted by King_Majestros (1929 posts) - - Show Bio

Pfft. Avengers teamwork gives them the win.

#69 Posted by Amonfire1776 (3175 posts) - - Show Bio
#70 Edited by _Logos_ (1918 posts) - - Show Bio

It took the whole Avengers Team plus SHIELD to stop an alien invasion while Superman stopped an alien invasion by himself (with some minor help from the US military, ridiculously Lois Lane, and his father guiding him but still it was mostly him). And Doomsday was tearing this guy apart, assuming Doomsday has regenerative abilities which I bet he did because he survived that blast that nearly killed Supes and I think regrew some body parts Wonder Woman cut off of him, I would say MCU Avengers get wrecked by the creature.

Avatar image for don_higashikata
#71 Posted by Don_Higashikata (729 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday citybusts with his eyes and is stronger than Superman, there's nothing in the MCU that can beat him so far

Hell, I can see him fighting Malekith and Ronan with their gems and putting up a fight

#72 Posted by lukespeedblitz (1609 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday.

#73 Posted by GoldKing (1207 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers easy. DCEU "Doomsday" was Doomsday in name only. Freaking pathetic waste of an opportunity. Just embarrassing.

#74 Posted by Delta16807 (482 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor BFRs him to space the way Superman was before idiotball launched nuke.

#75 Posted by CramAndman (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@delta16807: I agree that the Avengers only hope is for Vision and Thor to tag-team him into outerspace. I may be wrong, but I don't think we've seen MCU Thor fly in space yet. I'm sure he could break atmosphere, but I'm not sure he can do it carrying Doomsday or survive in space. Other than that, nothing can stop Doomsday except Kryptonite, which they don't have.

#76 Posted by The_Red_Devil (5075 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers can't put him down permanently without kryptonite so Doomsday wins this one.

#77 Posted by Tedirey (2871 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday murderstomps.

#78 Posted by DottiestMoon (1423 posts) - - Show Bio

I literally don't see how the avengers can beat doomsday. Doomsday's feats are off the charts compared what the avengers can do.

#79 Posted by FlashKnight (735 posts) - - Show Bio

I see only Vision giving Doomsday problems. Can Vision even be hurt by physical means?

#80 Posted by BabyDarkseid (1907 posts) - - Show Bio

DD

#81 Posted by Khael (15331 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday

#82 Edited by Superhero24 (4766 posts) - - Show Bio

If Tony can come up with something during the battle or Vision phase kills, then they win. If not, it will only be a matter of time, before Doomsday wears them out with all his abilities and kills them. Wanda could potentially kill Doomsday, since her powers are magic and she could mess up vibranium but dont know for sure. They also have Cap's shield to use to cut Doomsday with it.

#83 Posted by Green_Tea (10583 posts) - - Show Bio

Without kryptonite they have no way of putting down DD, they lose.

#84 Posted by darkonast (794 posts) - - Show Bio

If Tony can come up with something during the battle or Vision phase kills, then they win. If not, it will only be a matter of time, before Doomsday wears them out with all his abilities and kills them. Wanda could potentially kill Doomsday, since her powers are magic and she could mess up vibranium but dont know for sure.

Wanna cant kill him lol , that's a definite no , she would honestly be the first casualty

#85 Posted by Superhero24 (4766 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkonast:

like i said, she has magic. We know double D is not as powerful against it via Diana's sword. She potentially could if bloodlusted. I didnt say it was a guarantee, but it has a chance.

#86 Edited by darkonast (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkonast:

like i said, she has magic. We know double D is not as powerful against it via Diana's sword. She potentially could if bloodlusted. I didnt say it was a guarantee, but it has a chance.

this version of Wanda is not magic , it was confirmed in MCU magic doesn't exist? same reason Thor is confirmed as not magic but science from advanced civilization

#87 Edited by Khael (15331 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkonast:

Or maybe WW's sword is just that powerful :P

@superhero24 said:

@darkonast:

this version of Wanda is not magic , it was confirmed in MCU magic doesn't exist? same reason Thor is confirmed as not magic but science from advanced civilization

Really? You think Dr. Strange or Dormammu don't use magic?

#88 Posted by Superhero24 (4766 posts) - - Show Bio

@superhero24 said:

@darkonast:

Both of your claims are false. Dr. Strange is confirmed to use magic, Wanda is as well.

“Her powers, she’s never had any training, I’m talking about Scarlet Witch. She never had any training; she’s figuring it out. Arguably, you could say that that’s why her powers are much more chaotic and much more loose in the way that we showcased those light effects. In [Doctor Strange], some of what you might see today, even the cover of Entertainment Weekly, it’s much tighter. It’s all about focus. It’s all about pulling energies from other dimensions in an organized and purposeful fashion, which is why they can do a lot more than she can in, at least, a much more precise way.” - Kevin Feige

Thor stated Asgard is a place science and magic are one and the same not that magic doesnt exist. He gives the definition of science fantasy.

#89 Posted by darkonast (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkonast said:
@superhero24 said:

@darkonast:

Both of your claims are false. Dr. Strange is confirmed to use magic, Wanda is as well.

“Her powers, she’s never had any training, I’m talking about Scarlet Witch. She never had any training; she’s figuring it out. Arguably, you could say that that’s why her powers are much more chaotic and much more loose in the way that we showcased those light effects. In [Doctor Strange], some of what you might see today, even the cover of Entertainment Weekly, it’s much tighter. It’s all about focus. It’s all about pulling energies from other dimensions in an organized and purposeful fashion, which is why they can do a lot more than she can in, at least, a much more precise way.” - Kevin Feige

Thor stated Asgard is a place science and magic are one and the same not that magic doesnt exist. He gives the definition of science fantasy.

actually it is confirmed magic does not exist with Asgardians , its only science , Wanda isn't magic either , stop this nonsense

#90 Posted by Chris-Sama (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

@superhero24 said:
@darkonast said:
@superhero24 said:

@darkonast:

actually it is confirmed magic does not exist with Asgardians , its only science , Wanda isn't magic either , stop this nonsense

any proof to back those claims or are you just speaking nonsense?

Avatar image for lordshepherd123
#91 Posted by LORDSHEPHERD123 (350 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers

#92 Posted by Superhero24 (4766 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkonast said:
@superhero24 said:
@darkonast said:
@superhero24 said:

@darkonast:

He is speaking nonsense. That quote is directly from Feige, and he just ignored it lol. He even states Wanda's powers are like Strange's powers aka magic. She just hasnt had practice with them like Strange. Confirmation of Asgardians not having magic is also bs. I have never heard of it.

#93 Posted by Chris-Sama (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

@chris-sama said:
@darkonast said:
@superhero24 said:
@darkonast said:
@superhero24 said:

@darkonast:

He is speaking nonsense. That quote is directly from Feige, and he just ignored it lol. He even states Wanda's powers are like Strange's powers aka magic. She just hasnt had practice with them like Strange. Confirmation of Asgardians not having magic is also bs. I have never heard of it.

I believe in the first avengers Loki himself asks thor how much dark magic did Odin have to conjure to bring him back to earth because the bifrost was destroyed

#94 Posted by Superhero24 (4766 posts) - - Show Bio
#95 Edited by DammeFavour (8502 posts) - - Show Bio

@superhero24: dark energy not dark magic, there was a device in the tie-in comic

#96 Posted by Khael (15331 posts) - - Show Bio
#97 Edited by imagein (891 posts) - - Show Bio

If they don't have Kryptonite, they die, end of story. It was stated in BvS that Kryptonite is the only thing that can kill it.

#98 Posted by Rockette (6026 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor & Hulk together would be a good fight for Doomsday.

If you add in Scarlet Witch and/or Vision I say that the MCU Avengers have this in the bag.

#99 Posted by Superhero24 (4766 posts) - - Show Bio

@khael:

i dont recall that especially with Mjolnir having a soul and being a living cosmic storm in other sources. Odin also being able to use the Odin force to do anything he wishes. Hank Pym also discovers a scientific equation for magic as well. Asgard still is magic. Magic is just doing things that break the laws of physics with supernatural ways. Supernatural meaning something beyond the forces of nature and scientific understanding like creating a bridge that can shoot you billions of times faster than light without killing you or the planet you land on.

@DammeFavour:

ok. Now I remember that.

Avatar image for thegamemastershaun
#100 Posted by TheGamemasterShaun (370 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday