#451 Edited by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

@bayman007: whether you think it is or isn't doesn't really matter to me, saying doomsdays nuke feat is a feat for him when I said the exact same thing a few posts ago is a bit redundant and a waste of time if you read my arguements, don't you think? You literally didn't add anything with your post

#452 Posted by Bayman007 (1919 posts) - - Show Bio
#453 Posted by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

@bayman007: okay, let me help you in stating redundant facts everybody knows

Humans breath in oxygen. Gwad blimey haha

#454 Posted by Bayman007 (1919 posts) - - Show Bio

@leonardsnart: Wow that's brilliant, did you think that one up all by yourself? Hahaha good work.

#455 Posted by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio
#456 Posted by Bayman007 (1919 posts) - - Show Bio
#457 Posted by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

@bayman007: you're very welcome, hala at me if you need further assistance stating general knowledge

#458 Edited by Lan_Fan (15999 posts) - - Show Bio

@leonardsnart: No, an outlier is when a feat contradicts the consistent showings which is not the case with Doomsday and it's absolutely the case for Thor.

Hulk was definitely angrier in Avengers, and again, Thor was shown to be able to block Hulk's punch on both occasions.

Thor performed exactly 0 strength and durability feat on his fight against Hela, only some skill and pain resistance. By getting ragdolled I meant getting spin around by her hand gesture. Diana survived 2 direct hit from Superman, that's more impressive than what Thor did against Hela physically. Again, please point out the exact moment where Thor did anything impressive physically against Hela, go rewatch their fight.

I can go on and explain why the star feat is overrated on its own. It's as ridiculous as the ring feat, if not more, and again, Thor's inconsistency is just one part of it that doesn't make sense. I can name 3 or 4 more, honestly.

Power-up is fine when there's a context to it. Thor's one time feat doesn't have that.

#459 Edited by Bayman007 (1919 posts) - - Show Bio

@leonardsnart: Well, you're kind of doing it, typing stuff, all by yourself, so no need for me to hala. But that is kind of you.

#460 Posted by Bayman007 (1919 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday tanking a nuke = feat. Thor vs star = outlier

***waits for random help, usefull or not***

#461 Posted by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: Getting two shotted by Supermans head butt is more impressive than surviving a 1 on 1 fight with Hela with multipe exchanges?

#462 Posted by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

Now I've heard it all

#463 Posted by Lan_Fan (15999 posts) - - Show Bio

@leonardsnart: Lol, Thor didn't exchange anything. All of his attacks got effortlessly blocked and he got thrown like a child. I recommend you to rewatch the scene, please.

#464 Edited by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: I was actually about to tell you to watch the fight again, I just did

#465 Edited by Bayman007 (1919 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm calling bs on that one

#466 Posted by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

@bayman007: alright, not really debating with you anyway

#467 Posted by Lan_Fan (15999 posts) - - Show Bio
#468 Posted by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio
#469 Edited by Bayman007 (1919 posts) - - Show Bio

@leonardsnart: typing ... isn't really debating anything. I guess that's general knowledge too

#470 Posted by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

@bayman007: I'm bored with you, go back to stating redundant facts

Or better yet, you could add something to this debate that hasn't already been stated

#471 Posted by Bayman007 (1919 posts) - - Show Bio

@leonardsnart: You don't get to decide what i do or don't do pal. How do you like those apples

Doomsday stomps, and takes a big breath of fresh kryptonite-less air.

#472 Posted by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

*yawn*

#473 Posted by Bayman007 (1919 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone keeping you up

#474 Posted by Lan_Fan (15999 posts) - - Show Bio

@leonardsnart: You remember the first time we debated each other (didn't end well)? Yeah, I suggest you to stop talking with the other dude, because this will end the same way as our first encounter.

#475 Posted by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: I don't remember that first time, I tried to ignore him back in post 460, I think he's got a hard on for me but I don't swing that way

Did you watch the Hela vs Thor fight again?

#476 Posted by Devilmenworks (822 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday tanking a nuke = feat. Thor vs star = outlier

***waits for random help, usefull or not***

Thor has been restrained and defeated by things vastly weaker for him to all of a sudden be able to endure a "neutron star full force" .For example in Avengers, he nearly died from that glass proof Hulk cage being dropped from the sky. But let's say he has been getting stronger throughout the movies and that is a low end feat for him now, due to Odin's death and him unlocking more power. In Thor Ragnarok, he was knocked/ stunned by a red ball he threw against the window. He was also downed by an electric collar, then later on he was beaten by Thanos and his crew and restrained by metals in the ship. But all of a sudden, can take on a "neutron star full force"? Seems like an outlier to me because he hasn't display any sort of durability near that level in any of the movies. He did survive the Sokovia explosion but that is still a long way from surviving a neutron star full force power.

Zod was nearly as strong as Superman so he would be just as durable and strong. Superman has great durability due to him casually falling out the sky and no selling the impact, as well as surviving the gravity machine in MoS which was crushing buildings and throwing cars around. In BvS we see him casually take a missile to the face and have a 5 ton armor vehicle casually crash into to him with no affect. We also see Superman is strong enough to casually pull a 20,000+ ship on ice. Zod's body is corrupted and amplified by that matrix birthing machine (in Zod's former ship) and is turned into a abomination called Doomsday, a much stronger version of the Kryptonian that was nearly equal in strength to Superman.

To summarize, Superman has a lot more consistent durability and high end feats (than Thor), and Doomsday is much stronger than Superman so it isn't too unbelievable to see Doomsday tank a nuke while Thor's 1 neutron star feat is seen as an outlier. I hopes this helps.

#477 Posted by geeman2 (2006 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I'm not opening this can of worms.

#478 Posted by Bayman007 (1919 posts) - - Show Bio

@leonardsnart: Oo crossed wires.

Yeah right, i've got a hard on for a troll called Leonardsnart. X

#479 Posted by Lan_Fan (15999 posts) - - Show Bio

@leonardsnart: Lol, you actually don't remember. That's nice.

Of course I have rewatched the fight, I did it as soon as you mentioned it way earlier in the discussion. I don't see anything incorrect about my assessment.

#480 Posted by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: which thread was it? Could you give me a link?

Then we clearly see things differently and we'll have to agree to disagree again, as for the fight tho, Thors ring feat being applicable or not makes no difference here, cause I don't think he could take down doomsday with it

This is basically a redo of stormbreaker vs kryptonians and since this thread was done with Thor holding Mjolnir in the pic pre-ragnarok I'm guessing, the Avengers lose, with stormbreaker I can see Hulk distracting DD enough for Thor to get a clean shot and go for the head

#481 Posted by Lan_Fan (15999 posts) - - Show Bio

@leonardsnart: Lol, remember this?

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/mcu-thanos-vs-dceu-superman-and-doomsday-and-justi-1945561/?page=6

#482 Posted by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: lmao hell yeah I remember that, didn't remember it was you tho

Thanos still wins ;)

#483 Posted by samhmd1 (744 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor being strong and weak at the same time was explained by the Russos, his strength wanes at times just like anyone elses and he's not always at 100% power. Thanos and co were lucky that at the time they attacked he still hadn't 100% recovered from Ragnarok. So yeah, the Neutron Star thing still fits if you acknowledge he can get tired like anyone else can. Thor also survived being in vacuum even in his weaker state meaning absolute Zero doesn't mean jack to him.

#484 Posted by Batman242 (12369 posts) - - Show Bio

@samhmd1: Didn't recover from Ragnarok fully by the time he fought Thanos, but sure recovered enough after taking the beating from Thanos to move the ring and open it's Iris.

#485 Edited by samhmd1 (744 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242 said:

@samhmd1: Didn't recover from Ragnarok fully by the time he fought Thanos, but sure recovered enough after taking the beating from Thanos to move the ring and open it's Iris.

It's not like it happened instantly. There were hours or days between the Thanos attack and the Neutron Star. Of course, Thanos did attack the Asgardians with the Power Stone so maybe that had something to do with how easily they got beat.

And he was dying after the Neutron Star blast, he didn't get 100% healed until he got Stormbreaker.

#486 Posted by Batman242 (12369 posts) - - Show Bio

@samhmd1: There is absolutely no proof that it took days between Thanos' attack and the Star. Everything in Infinity War happens around the same time and we can honestly say it took hours at best. The time between the destruction of Asgard and Thanos' interception likely took days. We don't know. The point is, your argument lacks any substance considering Thor had to recover from the beating and then go on to the Neutron Star within the same day.

You're now backpedaling saying that Thanos probably used the Power Stone in the fight which only discredits your own argument of Thor's own recovery in relation to his power levels. If he had been beaten down with that, how could he have possibly recovered well enough to take on the Star within the next few hours?

#487 Posted by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

Welcome to comicvine where characters can't get power-ups

#488 Posted by Bayman007 (1919 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday takes them all out. The MCU can't top the DCEU big hitters.