DCEU Doomsday runs a Powerhouse H2H Gauntlet

• 53 results
Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@standardized: Yes because clark knew that doomsday would get stronger everytime he attacked him.

"...But I am going to blow up this raffinery, just in case". What a dick.

And please show me Wonder woman "doing just fine" against doomsday.

It seems you have a hate boner against clark lmfao.

While "Clark" wasn't there, she lopped an arm off it and got it trapped in the lasso. That's about 10 times what Superman did to it.

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Nucleon

@thebestofthebest: So what? That's a feat for the armor, there is no way around it. And she only got to him once, and she was in a bad position. Try swinging a sword while climbing a wall.

Like I've wrote I see no reason why The Hulk wouldn't be just as tough as Steppenwolf's armor instead of being tender like Doomsday. The Hulk endured much worse than a generic sword held by a mid-level brick.

I'm not trying to shove it down your throat, you don't need to buy it. Base level Doomsday no sold a bloody half megaton nuke while the Hulk on the other end of tunnel has been pierced by Abomination who has zero feat to contend with Diana's sword, Fenris teeth who has zero feats to contend with Diana's sword either, and got his face bloodied by Thanos's weak arse punches. Ergo, Diana is capable of effortlessly cutting the Hulk like if he was made out of wet tissue paper. Likewise, your logic indicates that Hela's blades won't scratch anyone on FOX Juggernaut level since they got shattered by an M16... we can all play the downplay game but you my friend took it to a whole other level.

Sorry, saying that Fenris, Abomination and Thanos hurt the Hulk, ergo WW can hurt him just doesn't make a iota of sense. All of those you mentionned are heavy hitters that are in the same ballpark as the Hulk, Thor or Supes.

Oh, and about that m16 thing: It doesn't matter - a paper sheet can still cut you.

Are you really asking me that? Like... unironically asking me that question?

Yeah, I do; What are Doomsday physical feats? Resisting 30mm rounds? Iron Man can resist 30mm rounds. Throwing away Supes? Superman is like 220lbs, max. Doomsday's best strikes are energetic ones, energy he absorbed.

Diana's sword isn't just a regular sword. It can cut Superman into a million pieces of Kryptonian meat as confirmed by the directors, do you understand that? Do you?

I'd rather put my money on the possibility that WW's sword can hurt Kryptonians because they carried their magical vulnerabilities into the DCEU.

A nuclear bomb on itself is a one big massive penetrating weapon

No.

and it measurably failed to kill Doomsday, it failed to push apart his atoms despite of being at the very epic center of the blast, he basically resisted atomization yet WW's sword cut him which is a feat for the bloody sword, not an anti-Doomsday feat.

Nukes are about as far from penetrating weapons as can be. You know the tests they did in the Bikini Atoll (Operation "Crossroads")? They had old warships exposed to the bomb: They were not destroyed - in fact most modern US warships can resist the effects of an atom bomb to some degree, by spraying a stuff, insulation and the like. In the case of an atomic attack, the crew has much more to fear than the ship they're on. What Doomsday endured was likely endured, with success, by ships which had like 2 inches of steel armor (still enough to resist 30mm rounds, thought). I am a kinda fan about these things, BTW.

Hell, even in the comics Diana's sword is easily capable of piercing Superman-durable foes meaning your point is moot, but watching you trying to downplay it like that, is kinda hilarious. And funny you should mention the "30mm rounds", Hulk has nothing remotely close to that piercing-wise, and it's not like it matters or anything.

Didn't the Hulk resist a square shot from an M1 Abrams's main weapon? That's like a 120mm AP shot, you see.

To further strengthen my points, DOJ had already confirmed that cutting edge technology couldn't pierce Zod's skin at all, even after death. The U.S government still needed Kryptonite to pierce a freaking dead Kryptonian's body, emphasis on "dead". That alone speaks volumes of Zod's piercing durability, or any other Kryptonian for that matter. Guess who's Doomsday? That's right, Nuc. He's an extremely enchained version of Zod aka Superman's rival, and that my friend automatically makes him far more durable than Superman, whether it be blunt force or piercing durability, it doesn't matter.

Means nothing. DCEU's Earth tech is kinda retarded when compared to that of the MCU: Technologies are less advanced, metals/alloys are weaker etc.

He hit him, but he failed to damage him. What's your point? lol.

Well, that's when he charged him with the green-K spear. He was then a prisoner of WW's lasso. Yeah, he was, wasn't he.

Blonksy was still a peak human at the time (well, a bit above that) yet Hulk couldn't do jack to the guy... sorry but that's a lame excuse. I ain't buying it.

Ah? Sorry I tought you were meaning when he was the Abomination. Super-Blonsky was doing fine up until he was touched by the Hulk. I don't know what it is supposed to prove.

Lmao, you know what that means right? His strength can't even break a 3 tons chain yet he almost killed Abomination... that's weak as hell. Not even a mid-tier level feat.

You can kill with tools no heavier than 1 pound, like a screwdriver or a plastic strip for strangling. Once again, I don't see what it is supposed to mean.

She was in a bad position when she tried to cut Steppenwolf. Can't you understand that?

Ah come on. At one time she slashes him across the chest quite directly - 0 damage. Now you will try to sell me that Stepp would have likewise ignored Thor's hammer? Not for a moment.

Because he managed to land a clean shot. How's that hard to understand?

I don't see why you bring the "hard to hit" aspect: We're talking about damage output: What makes you believe that Aquaman's trident would have hurt the Hulk? And no - don't compare Aquaman's trident to Abom's spikes; We know that Abom and the Hulk are in the same leagues, the ones over that of Aquaman and WW.

A feat for the sword :)

Yeah, sure - when WW's sword to manage to cut something, it's a feat for the sword. When it can't then of course it's a feat for the armor.

Yes, it would. The directors, the bloody directors themselves confirmed that Diana's sword and Aquaman's trident are the only weapons within' the DCEU Earth that are capable of piercing Kryptonian skin.

Low-tech world, with precious little hax.

OK. Let's see, Hulk's best striking feat is slowing down a 100+ tons Leviathan.. and it's a strength feat, not even a striking feat given the fact that his striking couldn't stop it dead in its tracks, he had to use his strength just to lessen its momentum. And he didn't cause it to flip over either, the Leviathan did all of that by itself in an attempt to shack off the Hulk as confirmed within' the script. So no, the feat is nowhere near as impressive as you're making it out to be. While Doomsday, on the other hand, flat out overpowered a speedblitz from a fully-powered Superman with a single punch, causing the latter to fly backwards at FTS speeds... that's an insane level of striking force right there, especially when you consider that Superman, even in a weakened state, managed to bypass the WE's gravity beam, the same gravity beam that displaced what had to be hundred of thousands of tons of ocean water upon activation, and shock Metropolis city as a side effect, and then proceeded to one shot the Engine itself which is made of the same material that tanked this (1 & 2) without a single scratch whatsoever.

Hulk one-punching the Leviathan is indeed a striking feat un-equalled in the DCEU. Superman is but a 220lbs character - pushing him around is no feat unless it is from a little girl. I didn't heard anything about Kryptonian materials being any special. What, are they supposed to get, like, "super" under a yellow sun too?

What we learned: Doomsday hits way harder than the Hulk,

No. Not with what we saw, no. Doommsday's best strikes were energetic ones. For what we know DD couldn't figure how to get out of WW's lasso.

and is far more durable

... As long as it isn't piercing damage. The physical hits the Hulk endured were far more convincing. I don't believe Doomsday was that durable - he could be hurt and mangled: It's just the way he evolved that made him look durable.

and faster (caught Superman mid air, and prevented him from blitzing thrice).

The Hulk's just as fast, maybe even faster in combat.

He can't. Hulk has never tried to twist anyone's neck.. so.. it's highly unlikely he'd do something like that right off the bat.

Then just crack its spine. Anybody can be killed by sufficient force, except for Hela, of course. =)

It's made by the gods, so yeah.

"Mystic" =/= "Etheral". Even it it was made by the gods, it's still a piece of metal.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By ThEBeStOfTheBeST

@nucleon: Your post is infested with ad homeniem fallacies and headcanon like I've never seen any..... Christ..

Like I've wrote I see no reason why The Hulk wouldn't be just as tough as Steppenwolf's armor instead of being tender like Doomsday.

I'm a bit skeptical 'bout this. Blunt force wise? Sure, I could buy that. Piercing wise? No, it tanked Diana's sword. I mean if we're being completely forthcoming here, I think Diana was nerfed as sh!t in the JL, if she had fought Wolf like she fought Doomsday she would've easily won, they portrayed her as a Superman level character back in DOJ just to have her struggle and lose to a joke that is Steppenwolf who got easily humiliated by Superman who himself was manhandled by Doomsday, it kinda kills the whole scaling thing.

Anyways, you need to stop pretending like piercing durability actually matters here, Hulk's main thing is his brute force which happened to empower Doomsday instead of actually hurting him, meaning the Hulk is out of his element here. He's getting wrecked. He can't K.O Doomsday due to his striking/damage output or the lack thereof, and he can't do anything besides further enchaining Doomsday with his weak sauce punches, while Doomsday can two-three shots the Hulk. All in all, you need hax, or Kryptonite to get rid of Doomsday, brute force won't work on him unless the opposition can bypass the output of a half megaton bomb by several orders of magnitude.

The Hulk endured much worse than a generic sword held by a mid-level brick.

Hulk hasn't endured any swords before, nothing like Diana's sword anyway. Capitalizing on Steppen's apokaliptian armor is a sore tactic, it really is. The armor itself is more durable than Wolf, and it has shown the ability to tank several hits from Superman and a speedblitz while Hulk on the other hand got one of his teeth knocked off by the Hulkbuster who hits nowhere near as hard as Superman, and almost got one shotted by Thor's lightning punch and got bloody humiliated by Thanos.

=================================================

Sorry, saying that Fenris, Abomination and Thanos hurt the Hulk, ergo WW can hurt him just doesn't make a iota of sense.

Piercing-wise? None of them is on Diana's sword level, none. But comparing a paper sheet to Diana's sword or a screwdriver to a 1-3 tons chain makes sense, right? Reasonable, note the sarcasm.

All of those you mentionned are heavy hitters that are in the same ballpark as the Hulk, Thor or Supes.

Nah, Supes and Doomsday are on a whole other level.

Oh, and about that m16 thing: It doesn't matter - a paper sheet can still cut you.

It can cut a human being, but not a super powered Kryptonian. I mean, trying to stab Superman with sharp blades that gets easily destroyed by an M16 would be like.. trying to cut Superman with paper sheets. Sick explanation bro.

Yeah, I do; What are Doomsday physical feats? Resisting 30mm rounds? Iron Man can resist 30mm rounds.

30mm rounds and the Hulk are a complete joke to him. He tanked a half megaton nuke, and shrugged off all of Superman's speedblitzes. Hell, even in his base level form, he shrugged off being punched by depleted Superman a few miles into space (technically they were still in Earth's atmosphere), and when you compare that to the ICBM's speed that was right behind them which at that point of time would've already reached its top speed/or mach 20 meaning Superman would've needed to punch Doomsday at a speed much higher than mach 20, the punch itself must've traveled faster than that and Doomsday was sent even farther (credit goes to Ruby for pointing this out), yet he still tanked it in his lowest form, and then proceeded to tank the half megaton nuclear bomb ahead on with minimal damage, becoming much more powerful in the process to the point where he was able to flat out tank and bypass a fully-powered Superman's speedblitzes (1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & 5 & 6 & 7) as if they were nothing, and Clark's weakest speedblitz bypassed the gravity beam and one shotted the WE itself, a legit city block level+ speedblitz and it's important to note that Superman was weakened in that instance. And I've previously listed the World Engine's feats, I see no point in repeating myself again.

No Caption Provided

With all of the above having been said, Hulk has nothing on that^ level. Nothing. His weak sauce punches pales in comparison, and his blunt force durability isn't that high either given how he was nearly one shotted by Thor's lightning punch and got knocked out by the Hulkbuster, beaten into a pulp by Thanos. And he's fighting a more enchained version of Doomsday, post-nuke Doomsday whose striking can bypass a fully-powered Superman speedblitzes, couple that with his healing factor and adaptation ability and insane durability and you'll get an unstoppable force (going by LA standards). He can legit murder the Hulk with a well placed punch, my stance hasn't changed at all. Additionally, Doomsday's HV which you obviously didn't account for, is more efficient and more powerful and hotter than Superman's 6000°C HV that can render entire skyscrapers asunder. Hulk would probably die just from the sheer temperatures of Doomsy's HV alone, the K.E behind it would break his bones or dig a hole in his chest.

Throwing away Supes? Superman is like 220lbs, max.

Despite of weighting only 95 kg at best, you'd still need a massive amount of force than what you seem to be insinuating here, to even slightly budge the guy (the capital explosion didn't faze him, neither did a town-busting missile, the batmobile didn't... etc). But that's besides the point, Doomsday didn't just "throw him away" he canceled a full power speedblitz from Superman with a single punch, breaking the sound barrier in the process and I've previously explained how impressive it is.

No Caption Provided

Yeah good luck replicating that feat.

Doomsday's best strikes are energetic ones, energy he absorbed.

Oh, thanks for reminding me. The Hulk has to get closer in order to engage Doomsday in an old fashion mano y mano which means he would be hit by THIS:

No Caption Provided

At point blank range, the mere shockwave of that^ AoE attack quite literally shredded and busted more than a dozen building and spanned the whole city (more than 2 miles radius - according to the VFX supervisor), that tells us it's a hell of a lot more potent at the epic center which is where Banner needs to be in order to "pummel" Doomsday. Bear in mind the latter eclipsed Gotham City and its entirety with a single AoE attack.

No Caption Provided

Hulk wouldn't survive being at the very epic center of an attack of that scale. There isn't any evidence suggesting otherwise. He was almost knocked out by a single lightning bolt from Thor. Imagine what that would do to him? It'd outright kill him.

I'd rather put my money on the possibility that WW's sword can hurt Kryptonians because they carried their magical vulnerabilities into the DCEU.

Magic isn't one of their vulnerabilities within' the DCEU. Stop with the headcanon. Anyways, I'd take the words of the Directors over yours any day.

No.

Yes.

Nukes are about as far from penetrating weapons as can be.

This is illogical, completely illogical. I've never heard of a bullet that could completely atomize you.

You know the tests they did in the Bikini Atoll (Operation "Crossroads")? They had old warships exposed to the bomb: They were not destroyed - in fact most modern US warships can resist the effects of an atom bomb to some degree, by spraying a stuff, insulation and the like. In the case of an atomic attack, the crew has much more to fear than the ship they're on. What Doomsday endured was likely endured, with success, by ships which had like 2 inches of steel armor (still enough to resist 30mm rounds, thought). I am a kinda fan about these things, BTW.

Except you're forgetting one thing, they weren't at the epic center of the blast nor were they directly hit by the bomb, which renders your point moot. Nothing that is known to human beings can survive within' the epic center of a nuclear blast, nothing. I repeat "nothing". Likewise, those tests were conducted underwater, it ain't the same thing and the nuke that hit Doomsday at point blank was at least a hundred times more powerful.

Didn't the Hulk resist a square shot from an M1 Abrams's main weapon? That's like a 120mm AP shot, you see.

It wouldn't matter. A nuke would erase him from existence, yet Doomsday no sold it in his weakest form. Hulk breaks his hands punching post-nuke Doomsday.

Means nothing. DCEU's Earth tech is kinda retarded when compared to that of the MCU: Technologies are less advanced, metals/alloys are weaker etc.

Nice ad hominem there, Nuc. That's not an argument and for the sake of the topic at hand cease strawmaning me, I've never brought up the MCU government nor did I make any mentions in regards to the DCEU Earth being technologically more advanced. However, the fact that the U.S freaking government even with cutting edge tech couldn't cut him open, says a lot about the-much-weaker Zod's piercing durability, regardless if its our world's gov or DCEU's. Doomsday scales directly to Superman and Zod, as he himself is super powered Kryptonian.

Well, that's when he charged him with the green-K spear. He was then a prisoner of WW's lasso. Yeah, he was, wasn't he.

Actually, looking back at the scene he didn't really seem to be trying that hard to break out of Diana's lasso, he was either busy charging up another AoE attack or resisting the effects of the lasso. To further elaborate on this, after Batman shot him with a K-grenade and Clark stabbed him right in the chest with the K-spear, he still broke out of Diana's grip, rather effortlessly despite of being heavily weakened/dying, and on top of it all he had enough strength left within' him to impale Superman with that spike, killing him in the process.

No Caption Provided

So yeah, she didn't restrain shit.

Ah? Sorry I tought you were meaning when he was the Abomination. Super-Blonsky was doing fine up until he was touched by the Hulk. I don't know what it is supposed to prove.

No problem, Nuc. Getting almost strangled 'to death by a 1-3 tons chain is a street level of patheticness. Do not compare Abomination to or with other DCEU/MCU top tiers, it's degrading.

You can kill with tools no heavier than 1 pound, like a screwdriver or a plastic strip for strangling.

Piss poor example.

Once again, I don't see what it is supposed to mean.

He was using all of his strength in an attempt to strangle Abomination with that chain, it still didn't break meaning he couldn't have been possibly applying more than 3 tons worth of force on Abomination's neck or else he would've broke the damn chain. That's not even a mid tier feat, it's below a shit tier feat, truly it is.

Ah come on. At one time she slashes him across the chest quite directly - 0 damage.

A feat for the armor :) - its piercing durability is just that high, since we've already got confirmation that the sword can cut Kryptonians (Superman & Zod & Doomsday..etc). If Wolf wasn't wearing that armor, he would've gotten chopped in half. It's simple, said armor is more resistant to piercing attacks than Superman or Doomsday. Not really that difficult to fathom.

Now you will try to sell me that Stepp would have likewise ignored Thor's hammer? Not for a moment.

Given how he ate several punches from Superman, he'll easily tank multiple hits from Thor.

I don't see why you bring the "hard to hit" aspect: We're talking about damage output: What makes you believe that Aquaman's trident would have hurt the Hulk?

Yeah, it can casually hurt him considering it can pierce Superman's skin whose durability is leaps and bounds beyond that of the Hulk's. Not to mention, Hulk's piercing dura is shit.. so there is that too.

And no - don't compare Aquaman's trident to Abom's spikes; We know that Abom and the Hulk are in the same leagues, the ones over that of Aquaman and WW.

That's not how it works. You're supposed to prove that Abomination's spikes are on WW's sword level, the onus is on you. 2008 Abomination is, like I said earlier, below shit tier, he's not even on Wolf's tier lmao, and Wolf is a joke.

Yeah, sure - when WW's sword to manage to cut something, it's a feat for the sword. When it can't then of course it's a feat for the armor.

Already addressed this.

Low-tech world, with precious little hax.

Keep bashing on the DCEU Earth, it contributes naught to your overall argument. You've just committed another ad hominem fallacy. Jeez.. slow down, turbo, you're killing it.

Hulk one-punching the Leviathan is indeed a striking feat un-equalled in the DCEU. Superman is but a 220lbs character - pushing him around is no feat unless it is from a little girl. I didn't heard anything about Kryptonian materials being any special. What, are they supposed to get, like, "super" under a yellow sun too?

This is not an argument. I posted the aforementioned feats and explained them in detail just for you in my prior post, and you still didn't even counter a word I said. Lmao, you're a riot dude. You're still insulting the characters instead of substantiating your points which is what you are supposed to do. What's the matter, Nuc? Lack of arguments? This is the third time you commit an ad hominem.

No. Not with what we saw, no. Doommsday's best strikes were energetic ones.

True, but I've already proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, that he has enough power behind his strikes to one-two shots the Hulk, if not outright kill him.

For what we know DD couldn't figure how to get out of WW's lasso.

Previously debunked this.

... As long as it isn't piercing damage.

His piercing durability doesn't differ from his overall stats. Sorry, mate. You've failed to prove otherwise.

The physical hits the Hulk endured were far more convincing.

Like what? Getting knocked out by the Hulkbuster? Or knocked out by a weak arse punch from Thor? Or beaten into a pulp by Thanos who has zero striking feats comparable with Doomsday or Superman? Or being afraid of fighting Black Dwarf who's a low mid tier? Stop.

I don't believe Doomsday was that durable - he could be hurt and mangled: It's just the way he evolved that made him look durable.

This. Is. Not. An. Argument. Either. I do not care about your personal feelings, not one bit. You're required to showcase them feats for the Hulk that matches the bold claims you've made on this topic, and so far you're failing at it. If you can't then simply concede.

The Hulk's just as fast, maybe even faster in combat.

When he can break the sound barrier whilst punching someone, or catch a massively hypersonic Kryptonian mid-air. Gimme a call.

Then just crack its spine. Anybody can be killed by sufficient force, except for Hela, of course. =)

You just couldn't leave her outta this? Oh man.. lol

Edit:

"Mystic" =/= "Etheral".

The sword was created by Zeus, IIRC. The same guy who warped an entire island into existence, on his freaking death bed. For heaven's sake, do I really need to explain this to you? Diana's sword was made by the gods, otherwise it wouldn't have been able to pierce nor cut a Kryptonian, let alone a super enchained one. So yeah, you bet your goddamn arse it's Ethereal.

Even it it was made by the gods, it's still a piece of metal.

Just like Thor's new shiny hammer, a "piece of metal", lol. Again, this is not an argument whatsoever. It's stronger, more durable than anything man-made. Same goes for SB, except Diana's weapon is more dangerous, piercing wise. This, however, doesn't alter the fact that Doomsday stomps Banner even harder than Thanos did, not in the slightest.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66
deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 4/5.