DCEU Doomsday cant put MCU Hulk down, in what world he does that? MCU Hulk breakdown

• 159 results
ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hela struggle to break concrete too

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asgardian concrete**

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc said:
@ourmanuel said:

Asgardian concrete**

BaitOfChrist

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ourmanuel: If Asgardian metal is so much stronger than Earth metal, why can't Asgardian concrete be much stronger than Earth concrete?

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My god detectives bait has attracted all the other bait

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ourmanuel: If Asgardian metal is so much stronger than Earth metal, why can't Asgardian concrete be much stronger than Earth concrete?

Is asgardian bread also harder than irl bread?

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By BladeOfFury

@ourmanuel: It's possible, we don't know.

Do you agree that it's possible for a civilization centuries ahead of us in technology to have sturdier building material, when we know for a fact that they use much sturdier metal?

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you agree that it's possible for a civilization centuries ahead of us in technology to have sturdier building material, when we know for a fact that they use much sturdier metal?

Wouldn't it have to be stronger than Uru tho? Seeing as Hela struggled way less to break Mjolnir whilst only using her grip.

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By BladeOfFury

@boc: Yeah but Oat wouldn't have thought of that...

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HulkBusterx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DD is still > Hulk. Hasn't changed, and never will.

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-62d106297c437
deactivated-62d106297c437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really. 2,000 year old roman concrete still standing today, whilst modern housing/apartment buildings lucky to survive 50 years. Even after 10 years, visual signs of wear/tear are evidently clear.

Diminishing returns pretty much sums it up.

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By BladeOfFury

@d2therj: I said possible, which it definitely is. But not to the extent it was shown lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5e37510e25a10
deactivated-5e37510e25a10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies said:

@hermes1220:

No issue with scaling, tho it does seem unfairly applied.

In this case where DD and Superman are both kryptonians and matched eachother I think scaling is especially fair.

Then why bring up the issue in the first place? i can only think of one reason. I’d rather not say.

------

Like DD's Heatvision directly matched Supermans heat vision.

So I think thats a uber fair scaling comparison.

They also matched strength, and have a shared durability feat....fair.

Refer to the previous response.

-----

Let me ask you this, how do you think Spiderman scales to Cull?

I don’t mind. He’s matched him twice so I don‘t mind. Cull was said to be HI’ll level. Feats suggest otherwise, so we can’t scale Peter to Hulk we can scale to Cull.

Or further yet, how does Spiderman scale to hulkbuster.

Tbf, we never really see how HB matches up against Cull.

Further yet, how does Spiderman scale to Hulk.

He doesn’t. But he’s somewhere around him, albeit weaker.

Spiderman directly matched Cull in strength, and when it was called a outlier after IW, they had him do it again in EG.

^^^^ I think this kinda scaling is a bit broken.

Why? Isn‘t it the very same scaling you used in your CaV and have used in other debates? So you can’t think it’s too broken I’m assuming. Unless it‘s to support your argument here.

-----

Or Cap to Ultron, or scaling to Thor.

I dont think we can look at Thors best hit, and say thats what Hulk took.

No one does that (or at least I don’t). Nor does it apply to this debate.

Or say that Thor took 15 glacier busting punches from Hulk.

That feat isn’t valid.

-----

----

I have zero problem with scaling, but I do think standalone feats are better.

Yet again you go back to what YOU think should be the case. You discount feats because they have scaling involved? Scaling is literally how we deduce that one character can’t do another feat because they are weaker because of scaling. You’d have to discount over ten feats with your logic off the top of my head.

Like Superman flew through a mountain, im 100% confident that he could again.

DD probably can fly through a mountain, im like 99% sure he can based of Superman scaling.

But the actually doing the feat seems better then facing someone who can do the feat.

This is a terrible example because at their base they are the same species.

--------

IDK seems there is a bit of context, but I agree DD scales pretty well to Pre-JL Superman.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc said:

@death4bunnies:

I understand your gripes with DD scaling above Superman when it isn't exactly clear. However, there is a statement from the VFX explaining that post-nuke DD is literally Zod pushed beyond his previous physical limits. I don't have it atm, but I'll try to find it. And since we know that Zod was practically Superman's equal, it's safe to suggest that DD is definitely > Superman in sheer physicals.

Spiderman directly matched Cull in strength, and when it was called a outlier after IW, they had him do it again in EG.

The problem here isn't the scaling, it's the consistency thereof. When you have a character who's portrayed as a mid-tier and struggles with ~100 tons in his solo film, it's safe to assume that him scaling to Hulk isn't exactly consistent. Or you argue that his solo film feats are low showings, but regardless, the problem isn't the use of scaling.

All in all, your problems with scaling seem to stem from consistency, not the actual logic of scaling. When scaling is clear and not contextual, why shouldn't we use it?

Ive said that the Kryptonains scale well to eachother, and I have no gripes about them being scaled thusly....I think ive said that in every post in this thread....but the someone asked about my overall issue with scaling..

--------

I said that spiderman shouldnt be scaled that way.

A DCEU example would be Diana.

She is often scaled to kryptonians.

She also struggled with weights lesser then this scaling would suggest.

------

How can we scale Diana to mountain top busting kryptonians, but not Spiderman to Cull.

Both seem like outliers in comparison to these characters stand alone feats.

Both directly matched strength and durability to their opponents.

Which is why a feats only mentality is flawed. Scaling feats are a direct comparison between characters and show intent. Diana doesn‘t have many anti feats for her high ends. So I see it as fair to scale her in some stats, but not all. She didn’t struggle with the tank at all. She literally zoned out and held for an extended period of time.

A much better example would be here losing in a tug of war against SM. A direct comparison between characters. And tbh it’s the only anti feat for the high ends.

And I think you‘re ignoring details about her feats. Every feat she got from fighting DD was never a direct strength (100% v 100%). So it’s not bad to suggest that she is a 1/5 or 1/4 as strong as him. Peter’s feats are applicable to your example moreso but even then I would disagree.

The headbutt she took from Clark all though it’s only about 2/3 the strength of the mountaintop feat is enough to suggest she could at least survive the collision. There‘s nothing wrong with that. She was severely dazed by the headbutt but clearly was still conscious. This doesn’t disagree with intent because she was always intended to be comparable to Clark. Which most of her feats suggest.

--------

------

Your right tho, my problems with scaling are usually based on context.

I accept good scaling as good scaling, some scaling I think is a little more iffy.

Not that it cant be used, but I think there are some proper counter points.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: If Diana's anti-feats (stuff like struggling to lift tanks) outnumber the instances she's shown to be comparable to Kryptonians, then she can't be scaled, but I don't think that's the case. On the other hand, there are only two examples of Spidey matching Cull, and he definitely has many more anti feats than that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d2therj: I saidpossible, which it definitely is. But not to the extent it was shown lol

It's also entirely possible that entirety of the MCU up-until this point was just a dream in Deadpools head. I mean, whilst we're speculating and all.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies said:

@hermes1220:

In this case where DD and Superman are both kryptonians and matched eachother I think scaling is especially fair.

Then why bring up the issue in the first place? i can only think of one reason. I’d rather not say.

Ok, then dont; irl the only reason I made the specification is because thats how I see DD, as Superman +. I feel like thats a important note. DD may not have Hulk level feats but Superman does....that seems relevant to the OP's post.

------

-----

I don’t mind. He’s matched him twice so I don‘t mind. Cull was said to be HI’ll level. Feats suggest otherwise, so we can’t scale Peter to Hulk we can scale to Cull.

Why? Isn‘t it the very same scaling you used in your CaV and have used in other debates? So you can’t think it’s too broken I’m assuming. Unless it‘s to support your argument here.

Nope, you cant find one instance of me trying to scale Spiderman to Cull, except to say Spiderman can stop a Cull punch, thats it nothing more. I dont think that makes Spiderman capable of replicating Culls best feats or the Hulkbusters best feats.

-----

That feat isn’t valid.

Disagree(its in a extended cut of Hulk, and was referenced in A1), but lets say Leviathan busting punches......I dont think every stake from a character equates to the very best strike.

-----

----

Yet again you go back to what YOU think should be the case. You discount feats because they have scaling involved? Scaling is literally how we deduce that one character can’t do another feat because they are weaker because of scaling. You’d have to discount over ten feats with your logic off the top of my head.

Where do you get that I discount anything?? I said I think standalone feats are better, not that scaling is unusable. Ive said repeatedly that in DD's case the scaling is legit.

And yes this is all what 'I' think should be the case, it would be odd for me to argue for what 'I' dont think should be the case.

DD probably can fly through a mountain, im like 99% sure he can based of Superman scaling.

But the actually doing the feat seems better then facing someone who can do the feat.

Its a boon to the scaling that they are the same species. Just like I think Supersoliders like Bucky and Cap scale well. Not that this is the be all end all, but it makes the scaling more elegant in my mind.

--------

IDK seems there is a bit of context, but I agree DD scales pretty well to Pre-JL Superman.

I dont know what we are arguing here man, Ive said DD and Supes scale well, what more do you want...my soul??

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies said:
@boc said:

@death4bunnies:

I understand your gripes with DD scaling above Superman when it isn't exactly clear. However, there is a statement from the VFX explaining that post-nuke DD is literally Zod pushed beyond his previous physical limits. I don't have it atm, but I'll try to find it. And since we know that Zod was practically Superman's equal, it's safe to suggest that DD is definitely > Superman in sheer physicals.

The problem here isn't the scaling, it's the consistency thereof. When you have a character who's portrayed as a mid-tier and struggles with ~100 tons in his solo film, it's safe to assume that him scaling to Hulk isn't exactly consistent. Or you argue that his solo film feats are low showings, but regardless, the problem isn't the use of scaling.

All in all, your problems with scaling seem to stem from consistency, not the actual logic of scaling. When scaling is clear and not contextual, why shouldn't we use it?

Ive said that the Kryptonains scale well to eachother, and I have no gripes about them being scaled thusly....I think ive said that in every post in this thread....but the someone asked about my overall issue with scaling..

--------

I said that spiderman shouldnt be scaled that way.

A DCEU example would be Diana.

She is often scaled to kryptonians.

She also struggled with weights lesser then this scaling would suggest.

------

How can we scale Diana to mountain top busting kryptonians, but not Spiderman to Cull.

Both seem like outliers in comparison to these characters stand alone feats.

Both directly matched strength and durability to their opponents.

Which is why a feats only mentality is flawed. Scaling feats are a direct comparison between characters and show intent. Diana doesn‘t have many anti feats for her high ends. So I see it as fair to scale her in some stats, but not all. She didn’t struggle with the tank at all. She literally zoned out and held for an extended period of time.

A much better example would be here losing in a tug of war against SM. A direct comparison between characters. And tbh it’s the only anti feat for the high ends.

And I think you‘re ignoring details about her feats. Every feat she got from fighting DD was never a direct strength (100% v 100%). So it’s not bad to suggest that she is a 1/5 or 1/4 as strong as him. Peter’s feats are applicable to your example moreso but even then I would disagree.

The headbutt she took from Clark all though it’s only about 2/3 the strength of the mountaintop feat is enough to suggest she could at least survive the collision. There‘s nothing wrong with that. She was severely dazed by the headbutt but clearly was still conscious. This doesn’t disagree with intent because she was always intended to be comparable to Clark. Which most of her feats suggest.

Disagree, 1/5th as strong as DD?

I dont know where these numbers come from, but its odd scaling to say the least.

-----

Like Superman headbutted her with 2/3 the strength of the mountain top bust feat, these seem like odd numbers that came from nowhere.

----

I also dont think there was a intent to have Diana as powerful as kryptonians, I think there was a intent to have her be able to punch outside her weight class because of gears.....I think JL showcased the huge gap between Diana and Superman....He clowned Steppenwolf.

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d2therj said:
@bladeoffury said:

@d2therj: I saidpossible, which it definitely is. But not to the extent it was shown lol

It's also entirely possible that entirety of the MCU up-until this point was just a dream in Deadpools head. I mean, whilst we're speculating and all.

Yes, that's possible too, but there is nothing forcing us to make that assumption. In Hela's case, we have two assumptions we can make: either the Asgardian concrete was just that durable, or it was just regular concrete. Both are possible, but we must make the assumption that preserves consistency, which is the first one. (I'm pretending that Hela didn't break Uru much easier)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies said:
@hermes1220 said:

@death4bunnies said:

@hermes1220:

Ok, then dont; irl the only reason I made the specification is because thats how I see DD, as Superman +. I feel like thats a important note. DD may not have Hulk level feats but Superman does....that seems relevant to the OP's post.

------

-----

Nope, you cant find one instance of me trying to scale Spiderman to Cull, except to say Spiderman can stop a Cull punch, thats it nothing more. I dont think that makes Spiderman capable of replicating Culls best feats or the Hulkbusters best feats.

-----

That feat isn’t valid.

Disagree(its in a extended cut of Hulk, and was referenced in A1), but lets say Leviathan busting punches......I dont think every stake from a character equates to the very best strike.

I agree with this.

-----

----

Where do you get that I discount anything?? I said I think standalone feats are better, not that scaling is unusable. Ive said repeatedly that in DD's case the scaling is legit.

Your original post...

And yes this is all what 'I' think should be the case, it would be odd for me to argue for what 'I' dont think should be the case.
That’s not the point I’m making. There have been several times where you have implied that standalone feats should be prioritized. Despite the fact that they aren’t any more important than feats that involve scaling.

Its a boon to the scaling that they are the same species. Just like I think Supersoliders like Bucky and Cap scale well. Not that this is the be all end all, but it makes the scaling more elegant in my mind.

--------

I dont know what we are arguing here man, Ive said DD and Supes scale well, what more do you want...my soul??

That would be nice if you’re willing to comply. We can just agree to disagree from now on about this topic tbh.

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The bait to end all baits, atleast for live action

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d2therj said:
@bladeoffury said:

Yes, that's possible too, but there is nothing forcing us to make that assumption. In Hela's case, we have two assumptions we can make: either the Asgardian concrete was just that durable, or it was just regular concrete. Both are possible, but we must make the assumption that preserves consistency, which is the first one. (I'm pretending that Hela didn't break Uru much easier)

I understand what you're saying. Maybe it was just an anti-feat for Hela? Or a low-showing, or just narrative PIS.

I don't mean to seem petty, it's just that if no one calls this type of stuff out - you unironically get people scaling absurd things like this below (i know he isn't being serious, but I've seen people make arguments like this to scale)

@bladeoffury said:

Is asgardian bread also harder than irl bread?

Either-way, I'm out this thread. This bait won't get anymore bumps from me lol.

No Caption Provided
death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies said:

DD is only impressive when’s scaled to Superman, but to be fair DD only had like 20 min of screen time.

——-

When scaled to BVS Superman DD wins.

——-

If you don’t scale to Superman, then a lot of people beat DD on stand alone feats.

Ok without using scaling explain why thanos is impressive. Go

The asterisks applied to feats and then hypocrisy and constant whining and lowballing instead of people just shutting up and accepting feats is just getting sickening at this point.

LOL id say the same about Thanos.

-----

Thanos' is only (high tier) impressive when scaled to other characters.

-----

When scaled to the Hulk and Thor, Thanos is high tier impressive.

-----

Standalone feats a lot of people beat Thanos.

------

-----

Whats hypocritical?

This is literally the way ive always seen it.

------

The OP listed Hulk feats that I literally cannot beat with DD standalone feats, so I was trying to point out that DD is scaled to Superman and thus superior...Whats the issue??

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: I’m not going to respond to everything. I’ve given you numbers before in previous posts about calcs for feats. Did you ignore them or did you forget?

solaris6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCEU > CW easy.

solaris6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: I’m not going to respond to everything. I’ve given you numbers before in previous posts about calcs for feats. Did you ignore them or did you forget?

I remember them, something about how many of my friends I can pull with my lasso.

I think this Diana scaling is funny.

I do think there is a bit of confusion, or maybe I didnt make myself clear(I sometimes dont)

------

I dont think scaling is unusable, and I apologize that I gave off this perception.

-----

I think that scaling often follows a pattern that I think is faulty.

-----

Look at greatest feat of character 1...(Thor nidaviler)

Show character 2 matching strength...(Hulk)

Give strength feat to Hulk.

----

I dont think scaling is a good representation of characters when you take a high end feat and apply that to every action of said character.

-----

I dont think every Superman strike is mountain busting.

I dont think every Hulk strike is leviathan level.

--------

Scaling is fair; especially in the case of DD scaling to Superman.

I think its less fair in the case of Diana and DD.

And less less fair to scale Diana to DD to Superman.

------

Tho your 1/5th is more fair, it seems a bit odd to me still.

(tho I do respect your Diana to Supes breakdown, and think its a smart way to show the scaling)

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebb616323ddd
deactivated-5ebb616323ddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

solaris6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jsfjkfjklsdfkls: Says the one who gets triggered every time someone talks bad about his favorite superhero, smh.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jsfjkfjklsdfkls: a lot of people share his sentiment so no his opinion isn’t worthless, watch how you talk to other users btw

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Flagged as this is a rant, not a battle setup.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies said:
@jsfjkfjklsdfkls said:
@death4bunnies said:

DD is only impressive when’s scaled to Superman, but to be fair DD only had like 20 min of screen time.

——-

When scaled to BVS Superman DD wins.

——-

If you don’t scale to Superman, then a lot of people beat DD on stand alone feats.

Ok without using scaling explain why thanos is impressive. Go

The asterisks applied to feats and then hypocrisy and constant whining and lowballing instead of people just shutting up and accepting feats is just getting sickening at this point.

LOL id say the same about Thanos.

-----

Thanos' is only (high tier) impressive when scaled to other characters.

-----

When scaled to the Hulk and Thor, Thanos is high tier impressive.

-----

Standalone feats a lot of people beat Thanos.

------

-----

Whats hypocritical?

This is literally the way ive always seen it.

------

The OP listed Hulk feats that I literally cannot beat with DD standalone feats, so I was trying to point out that DD is scaled to Superman and thus superior...Whats the issue??

Arent you the guy who tried scaling iron spider spiderman to endgame ironman and to thanos and said he could beat aquaman? Arent you also the guy who thinks standalone feats wonder woman could lose to selene from underworld based on...again...standalone feats?

The way you see things are the same way ray charles and stevie wonder sees things.

Nope, I did point out that the armor is Nanotech, and had a discussion about its capabilities.

Where I landed is it increased durability somewhat(can no-sell bullets and can withstand a single ground cracking Thanos slam) I dont think it scales to Ironman.

Some reasons that were pointed out to me were thickness, also its older tech(was seen at the end of homcoming) and that Tony makes armor specific to the individual so he may have sacrificed durability for mobility.

So I purposely never scale IronSpider to Ironman, but only rely on IronSpiders 'stand alone' feats.

Also I said Spiderman can hang, I didnt give a winner, but for the record yes I think Spiderman beats the shit outta Aquaman.

------

-------

I still think Selene and WW are a good match(you cant find me saying who wins because I think its about 50/50, what you saw was me arguing against a stomp), and I dont think WW scales well to DD or Supes, so ya I guess thats a part of it.

--------

solaris6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jsfjkfjklsdfkls: Yeah because making alts, using a vpn to go back to a site where you got banned just to insult people because they don't like your favorite superhero isn't salty, lol.

Aka_aka_aka_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm yet to read the post in its entirety, but I do question to quantifying of some of your feats (where does 2km come from in the first), but the main problem is consitency. DD's consistent feats are leagues above Hulk's. Hulk just has a couple of decent outliers (which I still dispute are above DD's until I see the calculations)

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aka_aka_aka_ak: He got 2km from the size of Sokovia, though Ultron likely wasn't hit even a kilometer away since they were standing at the center of it

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jsfjkfjklsdfkls: you’re very disrespectful and it’s clear that you’re a patient in a mental institution who shouldn’t be allowed access to the internet.

I’m praying for your recovery 🙏

solaris6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jsfjkfjklsdfkls: The other users don't post gay porn gifs though, unlike you, lol.