DCEU Doctor Fate Vs. X-Men 3 Dark Phoenix

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

#1  Edited By shroudofsorrow

Inspired by how their actors were not only in a movie together, but fought each-other in it. How does this "rematch" go?

No Caption Provided

Vs.

No Caption Provided

mossbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Jean vaporizes him every time

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

OMEK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr Fate wins he alot more versatile

and he has better durability

OMEK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By OMEK
@shroudofsorrow said:

@mossbeard: Has he no defense or counter to that?

Yes he has plenty He can teleport himself and other people at at will

Also he could just spam shadow clones

last0fth3risen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean wins.

Even though she doesn't have mind control feats, she's established as far stronger than Xavier. She should win via telepathy.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Jean wins.

Even though she doesn't have mind control feats, she's established as far stronger than Xavier. She should win via telepathy.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: I don’t recall Jean as Dark Phoenix ever really using her telepathy in a fight. Just doesn’t seem like her style.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@geekryan: I don’t recall Jean as Dark Phoenix ever really using her telepathy in a fight. Just doesn’t seem like her style.

Well she engaged Xavier in a telepathic battle, while also doing various things with her telekinesis. I'm not saying she would initiate with telepathy, but if Fate uses telepathy or if the battle goes on long enough, she would most definitely resort to telepathy.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: I was thinking more of the big battle in X-Men 3, where she could have used TP on both the humans and X-Men...and didn't once do so. It just doesn't seem in-character for her to spam/abuse TP. The one time she did use it was against a rival telepath. But so long as Fate declines to fight her that way, I don't see why she'd use it here.

@geekryan said:
@shroudofsorrow said:

Well she engaged Xavier in a telepathic battle, while also doing various things with her telekinesis. I'm not saying she would initiate with telepathy, but if Fate uses telepathy or if the battle goes on long enough, she would most definitely resort to telepathy.

I guess this, though I'm skeptical that it would inevitably come to that.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omek said:
@shroudofsorrow said:

@mossbeard: Has he no defense or counter to that?

Yes he has plenty He can teleport himself and other people at at will

Also he could just spam shadow clones

Jean has cancelled teleportation with her telekinesis before. An army surrounding her couldn’t put Jean down. An army of the same opponent is not gonna be trouble if the original is not gonna be able to defend himself.

OMEK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By OMEK
@pyrofn said:

Jean has cancelled teleportation with her telekinesis before. An army surrounding her couldn’t put Jean down. An army of the same opponent is not gonna be trouble if the original is not gonna be able to defend himself.

You right she has cancelled teleportation before that because she already knew Nightcrawlers powers

Fate will be attacking with more than one technique at once it will make it difficult for her to keep up

As for the clones they dont need to defend themselves they can be used as a decoy for him to land a sneak attack

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omek: 1) “You right she has cancelled teleportation before that because she already knew Nightcrawlers powers

She didn’t. She figured it out once she met Nightcrawler. Kurt was hiding in the shadows with his voice coming from different directions, which helped Jean deduce his powerset.

Even if she somehow doesn’t figure out Dr. Fate can teleport, she has telepathy to learn exactly who he is and what he can do.

2) “Fate will be attacking with more the one technique at once it will make it difficult for her to keep up

This is sort of correct, but you are way overrating it. Throughout the movie, his style has been to abuse his clones to distract the opponent while he attacks and restrains from the background. Not a bad strategy against bruisers or those without the power to defend themselves, but not someone who can literally conjure tk shields

And can disintegrate her opponents without moving an inch.

No Caption Provided

Dr. Fate’s strategy will not work on that kind of opponent.

3) “As for the clones they dont need to defend themselves they can be used as a decoy for him to land a sneak attack

They can’t really be a decoy when they are disintegrated as they come to charge at her. And again, telepathy will make her completely aware of Fate’s presence and intent the entire time.

You are treating her like an opponent who is incapable of multitasking or having the power to literally plow through armies with but a single thought. Jean is not invincible, but Fate’s strategy does not work on an opponent who has shown she can handle destroying multiple things with no effort and defending herself without even looking at the opponent.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: You nailed it. Jean would easily one shot the clones and deal with Fate handily. He's really got nothing to harm her with

OMEK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: If you say Phoenix wins thats fine

I think Fate would take the majority but if your saying There is no way Fate can win

then there's a problem

EcoBlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omek: how does he win then?

OMEK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecoblitz said:

@omek: how does he win then?

First of all his helmet gives insight on his opponents so he will know what her abilites are

as far as I know you have to be in range for her powers to work he could keep his distance

distract her then cut her in half with his energy weapons she dosen't have the best durability

Any attack with lethal intent should be able to put her down

EcoBlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omek: yeah but this battle starts randomly and not with him getting prep going there. The couple seconds he spends doing that he gets vaped.

That distract isn’t gonna work. He tries clones they get vaped; and she can already block attacks she’s not even aware off as posted.

She has TK shields

OMEK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By OMEK
@ecoblitz said:

@omek: yeah but this battle starts randomly and not with him getting prep going there. The couple seconds he spends doing that he gets vaped.

That distract isn’t gonna work. He tries clones they get vaped; and she can already block attacks she’s not even aware off as posted.

She has TK shields

LOL Dr. Fate can create force Fields and keep his distance as I said earlier you make it seem like she can just Vape him instantly which isn't the case he has better fight IQ and her shields dont work on their own

she was clearly aware of the attack and you could she her react as the projectiles were being fired

OMEK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People in this thread are taking the side of Phoenix a person who can do one thing,though it be powerful

and saying Fate has know chance even though he actually has more ways to win is just goofy

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fromfurtherdisc: I wouldn't say that's "making no sense". And we saw that she could disintegrate Wolverine's body, its just his HF kept repairing the damage. Now, is that a high showing for Logan's healing factor? Yeah, but I don't think it means the whole movie "makes no sense" (not that it's a favorite of mine, but still).