DCEU Ares vs MCU Thor

Matthew660

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@outside_85: My point is it can kill thanos. But it wasn’t built specifically for that. And I’m sure the AOE attacks and lighting attacks could hurt ares if not kill him. Then we have the blunt force from stormbreaker’s hammer head. Which, once again. Can and should be scaled from mjolnir.

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitevision: I doubt that Thor is physically stronger than Ares

Ares is just as much of a failure as a brick as he is as an energy projector. In JL, he swings a big freakin' AX to a Steppenwolf that's already been attacked by every other Old God to little avail. An average Thor in his place would have flatlined Steppenwolf as easily as Superman did.

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bayman007: Comparing Old Gods between themselves is useless, as their collective weakness is evident as soon as we exit their little circle. The whole lot of them just barely placated Steppenwolf, who in turn was laughingly ragdolled by Supes as if he was a load of dirty laundry.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#354  Edited By Bayman007

@nucleon said:

@bayman007: Comparing Old Gods between themselves is useless, as their collective weakness is evident as soon as we exit their little circle.

Wrong. And you're missing the point. Re-read my OP all of the details you need are there. Hint...Zeus could only Weaken Ares with lightning, not kill him. And this is backed up by the fact that Ares was able to beat down multiple Gods at the same time, all who have comparable power.

The whole lot of them just barely placated Steppenwolf, who in turn was laughingly ragdolled by Supes as if he was a load of dirty laundry.

You mean the WAR that was faught in the flashback scene, between the masses of armies?? There were 3 gods in the flashback scene by the way, Zeus, Ares, Artemis (see the end credits in the film). Add to that Hippolyta, Atlan (holding the trident), and of course the Green Lantern..........

Steppenwolf is like a god himself by the way, albeit a new one. In Snyder's vision of the films he would be brother to Darkseid and their mother..well he called the boxes by that name.

As for Superman, he would crush Thor. So what's your point?

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bayman007: As for Superman, he would crush Thor.

Ha ha ha. Not with the actual feats we saw on screen. Let us stuck with the actual DCEU/MCU characters instead of those we may have in our heads, shall we?

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nucleon said:

@bayman007: As for Superman, he would crush Thor.

Ha ha ha. Not with the actual feats we saw on screen. Let us stuck with the actual DCEU/MCU characters instead of those we may have in our heads, shall we?

Yes, with feats we saw on screen. Diana is a better matchup for Thor, whilst Superman is simply leagues ahead of him.

But lets stick with the actual battle between Thor and Ares instead of derailing the thread, shall we?

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357  Edited By Nucleon

@bayman007: Look; MCU Thor has taken, and dished out, damage that was way more powerful than anything DCEU Superman showed off. Pre-Ragnarok Thor could have been considered Superman's equal - post Ragnarok he is undoubtely superior. This is fact - this is science.

Just show me something Superman can do that a thrown Mjolnir can't.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc1684d074f9
deactivated-5cc1684d074f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nucleon said:

@bayman007: Look; MCU Thor has taken, and dished out, damage that was way more powerful than anything DCEU Superman showed off. Pre-Ragnarok Thor could have been considered Superman's equal - post Ragnarok he is undoubtely superior. This is fact - this is science.

Just show me something Superman can do that a thrown Mjolnir can't.

Please show me the facts and science behind your statements, ill wait.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359  Edited By Bayman007

@nucleon said: @bayman007: Look; MCU Thor has taken, and dished out, damage that was way more powerful than anything DCEU Superman showed off.

I’ve looked, and you’re on a wind up :-)

Pre-Ragnarok Thor could have been considered Superman's equal

Nope, Thor is still his Biatch.

post Ragnarok he is undoubtely superior. This is fact - this is science.

HahahaJust show me something Superman can do that a thrown Mjolnir can't.

I guess you compare Superman and Mjolnir because they can fly fast. Almost like you’re picturing Thor throwing a mini Superman around :-) What vision you have.

Superman can blitz gods at unmatchable speeds, and stop them from using special abilities with 2 hands. Superman can hover statically in front of gods and dodge their punches, making them seem like they are running in slow motion. HE has the same power in both arms, has heat vision, frost breath, can’t be crushed with one hand. I could go on all day…but you know what, the original Mjolnir is gone. No more. Not coming back. So you’ll have to come to terms with that.

Stormbreaker is now your best buddy. Go play

Superman lives, unless you have Kryptonite. (You don’t). So Thor gets wrecked.

Now, do you have anything to add to the battle at hand? Anything at all? Next move please.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c
deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor one-shots this lightning noob.

@bayman007 said:

Superman can blitz gods at unmatchable speeds, and stop them from using special abilities with 2 hands. Superman can hover statically in front of gods and dodge their punches, making them seem like they are running in slow motion. HE has the same power in both arms, has heat vision, frost breath, can’t be crushed with one hand. I could go on all day…but you know what, the original Mjolnir is gone. No more. Not coming back. So you’ll have to come to terms with that.

Even MCU Loki is more of a God than Steppenwolf is, who has no powers aside from being a brick with armor that > DD's skin and bone. And MCU Loki is a son of a Frost Giant.

Steppenwolf isn't a skilled warrior, I debunked that in https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/mcu-thanos-vs-steppenwolf-1945689/?page=6

Thor has lightning and uru weapons that not even a combined heat vision from all DCEU Kryptonians could melt.

You should know by now that the word "god" doesn't have any special meaning in CV threads. Hell, it doesn't have any meaning in a real life battle either, since the status is just defined by the fact that they are worshipped by people.

@nucleon He conceded the Supes v Mjolnir comparison lol.

CyberpunkCop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor one shots

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor without much difficulty

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor walks through anything Ares throws at him and oneshots.

Snuffolopogis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ares easily.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor curbstomps. Should be locked as a mismatch.

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not even trying to wank, but Thor one shots..

Strike3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor fries him.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Not even trying to wank, but Thor one shots..

Everyone can hear you at the UN assembly.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Thor stomps because he has matched The hulk while Ares is featless in H2H.

Round 2: Thor stomps because he destroyed Asgard's main hall and Ares has done nothing with his lightning.

Round 3: Thor stomps with Stormbreaker.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@outside_85: I... guess..?

well if you want to be on the world news for jacking off with the world watching.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: LOL now I get it. Sorry, man. Not from the UK. From the US. The only time I really see “wank” is on this website and kind of forgot what it meant.

That’s funny

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374  Edited By Bayman007
@rajjar said:

Thor one-shots this lightning noob.

No he doesnt. Lighting can only weaken him, ares has hax. He can't 'one-shot this noob'

Even MCU Loki is more of a God than Steppenwolf is, who has no powers aside from being a brick with armor that > DD's skin and bone. And MCU Loki is a son of a Frost Giant.

If you watch the flashback scene in the Justice league, Steppenwolf has been journeying around conquering worlds for a very long time. Much like Odin/Hela in the MCU. It took masses of armies and a joint force of gods, amazonians, atlanteans etc to push him back and stop him from turning eveyone in to a parademon. And in that scene we learn it was his first defeat, retreat. So Loki can DO ONE, he is no where near Step. There is no comparison.

You've posted your OPINIONS, which at some point i might go through if i can be arsed.

Thor has lightning and uru weapons that not even a combined heat vision from all DCEU Kryptonians could melt.

Thor has lightning. Yep. Doesn't mean he is unstoppable, especially with Ares skill set.

You should know by now that the word "god" doesn't have any special meaning in CV threads. Hell, it doesn't have any meaning in a real life battle either, since the status is just defined by the fact that they are worshipped by people.

News flash, this place is about different opinions, so I will say whatever I like on the subject pal…and you don’t know me. So save putting the masses of Viners into one group. Pft, as if everyone lives with one conscious. If you don’t like what I’m saying about GODS, at least don’t take it personally, or even better, don’t reply to me in the first place! Simple.

@nucleon He conceded the Supes v Mjolnir comparison lol.

Yeah right, the guy is on a permanent mission against the DCEU speedsters… because apparently blitzing isn’t a thing.

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375  Edited By Nucleon

@bayman007: Speed is ridiculously over-rated here. Sure, it's a good thing, it's spectacular, but here, as soon as one opponent has the slightest speed advantage (even between two street-levelers with normal human maximas), time stops in his favour, indefinitely.

On the battle boards, speed is a favorable substitute for reflexes, agility, skill, perception, strength, even durability and intelligence. It's a time-stopping "switch" one's got to 1) find then 2) "activate" instead of an instinctive, "always on" natural trait like it is in nature. It isn't how it works in comics: If it was the case, then speedsters would be at the top of their universe. We all know it isn't the case.

Worse, the kind of speed that is so much vaunted here isn't even combat speed - it's travel speed - you know, the kind of speed Iron Man have. But like I've wrote, when everything you've got is a hammer, everything appears like so much nails.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor wins this, I think.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:

Thor wins this, I think.

You've had a change of heart, can i ask what has swayed your opinion?

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378  Edited By Bayman007

@nucleon said:

@bayman007: Speed is ridiculously over-rated here.

No it’s not.

Sure, it's a good thing, it's spectacular, but here, as soon as one opponent has the slightest speed advantage (even between two street-levelers with normal human maximas), time stops in his favour, indefinitely.

That’s why people equalize speed in certain battles! Didn’t you ever wonder?

On the battle boards, speed is a favorable substitute for reflexes, agility, skill, perception, strength, even durability and intelligence.

Rubbish. Someone like quicksilver whose legs can break like twigs, isn’t harming Superman with a punch.

Give Deadpool superior speed and have him hit a static Colossus, he will still break his hands. I think you’ll find you just need to pick your battles a bit more wisely haha

Consider Faroa catching Superman by the throat mid blitz. It’s because she has comparable speed, at least in the same bracket in MOS, which she can back up with skill and strength.

It's a time-stopping "switch" one's got to 1) find then 2) "activate" instead of an instinctive, "always on" natural trait like it is in nature. It isn't how it works in comics: If it was the case, then speedsters would be at the top of their universe. We all know it isn't the case.

Again, total bull, especially if you’re in a different league. See previous post.

Worse, the kind of speed that is so much vaunted here isn't even combat speed - it's travel speed - you know, the kind of speed Iron Man have. But like I've wrote, when everything you've got is a hammer, everything appears like so much nails.

Tony can only fly fast in his suit. It doesn’t mean he is keeping up with Wonder Woman in a battle.

Keep reaching :-) First Mjolnir, then Vison can think fast so wins…….

Thor gets blitzed and messed up badly by Superman by the way. Total ownage.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bayman007: Lightning cloak can deflect projectiles, and Ares is definitely not going to match Thor physically. One strike from Stormbreaker or Thor's high-end lightning strikes and he's done. The only way Ares can win this is if he abuses his illusion/telepathy.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: I can't see Ares being one shotted. But I agree that Ares abilities are able to give him the win.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bayman007: Ares doesn't really have that much durability feats from what I see, his best one is surviving WW's punches, but that's not nearly enough to survive Thor.

Tony_587

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

Avatar image for explodingplanet
ExplodingPlanet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#383  Edited By ExplodingPlanet

Thor spites

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: She had to speed blitz him the first time to tag him, which just pissed him off. And the second time he was taunting her with plot points, she still used speed to get close to punch, which she landed 2 before he dismissed her.

He can make up for his lack of durabily feats with his other abilities, he also was flying out of the way of some of Dianas attacks.

Thor can throw his weapon, but i can't see the same effect like what happened with Thanos.

Avatar image for aquatic_pianist
Aquatic_Pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor roflstomps.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c
deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bayman007 said:

No he doesnt. Lighting can only weaken him, ares has hax. He can't 'one-shot this noob'

Yes he does. Ares has no lightning resistance feats to resolve the fact that a combined power that was between 2 and 3 charged bolts was enough to burn a hole straight through him and his armor. Prime Ares got incapped and weakened by a lightning bolt we can't really scale, since Zeus was running out of juice, and prime Ares isn't even in this thread.

Thor has the star feat, which is a very good energy resistance feat, on par with the nuke in BvS, and lightning flows through his body and eyes in both Ragnarok and Infinity War, which suggests they can handle the temperature independently of the star feat.

If you watch the flashback scene in the Justice league, Steppenwolf has been journeying around conquering worlds for a very long time. Much like Odin/Hela in the MCU. It took masses of armies and a joint force of gods, amazonians, atlanteans etc to push him back and stop him from turning eveyone in to a parademon. And in that scene we learn it was his first defeat, retreat. So Loki can DO ONE, he is no where near Step. There is no comparison.

'Nothing to gain from the MCU mention, beside that Odin still wasn't in his prime when he wrecked her and proceeded to maintain a ~1500 year BFR on her.

Could Steppenwolf's victories be because all he did was swing his ax at fodder? Could all the forces required to stop him be because he had a gigantic, growing army? Zeus alone was enough to hold him in place, and when the bolt struck he screamed more than he ever did when he got speared by Arthur or ragdolled by Superman. Ares cleaved his shoulder, and he was lower than current Ares.

Fodder parademons were enough to incap Steppy, too,

You've posted your OPINIONS, which at some point i might go through if i can be arsed.

I did, but the majority of my post was feat analysis. The word opinion is misleading since you are saying that they are standalone opinions, when I judged Steppenwolf's skills from his feats.

Thor has lightning. Yep. Doesn't mean he is unstoppable, especially with Ares skill set.

Thor has lightning for round 2. That is lightning only, which makes skillset out of consideration. Never said he was unstoppable.

News flash, this place is about different opinions, so I will say whatever I like on the subject pal…and you don’t know me. So save putting the masses of Viners into one group. Pft, as if everyone lives with one conscious. If you don’t like what I’m saying about GODS, at least don’t take it personally, or even better, don’t reply to me in the first place! Simple.

YOU are the one who is using that label in an CV argument. I am simply contesting your framework, utilizing my ability to disagree with you. But if you want to worship Steppenwolf, go ahead. I never made any statement about religion -- all I said is that the status of a god is defined by the people who believe in them. Otherwise, you know better than to use the status of being a "god" to wank one of Clark's feats. It follows the MOTM tradition of "Thor's not a real god" as an argument. That logic is dangerous. The fact that you automatically assumed that I took it personal says more about you than it does about me.

That's the same type of logic people use to wank SP1M, wrestling "evil gods" and the like.

No Caption Provided

Steppenwolf is a brick, and the only time "god" has any relevance in battles, is when they are omnipotent.

Yeah right, the guy is on a permanent mission against the DCEU speedsters… because apparently blitzing isn’t a thing.

Yeah, Mjolnir blitzing is something that can be done based on the fact that it followed to where Thor was going even though he was BFRed multiple times a minute.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjar said:
@bayman007 said:

Yes he does. Ares has no lightning resistance feats to resolve the fact that a combined power that was between 2 and 3 charged bolts was enough to burn a hole straight through him and his armor. Prime Ares got incapped and weakened by a lightning bolt we can't really scale, since Zeus was running out of juice, and prime Ares isn't even in this thread.

No, he doesn’t. Ares can only be weekend by lighting or else Zeus, would have killed him. He was only weakened, and Diana as the God killer for plot reasons was able to kill him, by amping his own lighting and sending it back into him via her bracers.

Thor has the star feat, which is a very good energy resistance feat, on par with the nuke in BvS, and lightning flows through his body and eyes in both Ragnarok and Infinity War, which suggests they can handle the temperature independently of the star feat.

A feat that isn’t quantifiable, so don’t even go there. I didnt question Thors energy resistance? I already said that Ares Thermokenisis wouldn’t be usefull in this battle, he can however use his telekenisis and mind control which Thor has NO CHANCE of dealing with.

'Nothing to gain from the MCU mention, beside that Odin still wasn't in his prime when he wrecked her and proceeded to maintain a ~1500 year BFR on her.

My counter on this subject was to confirm and prove, that Steppenwolf and Odin are more similar than you claimed, in a goddly mannor that is, and also to smash your ridiculous claim that Loki is more of a god than Step. Case closed.

Could Steppenwolf's victories be because all he did was swing his ax at fodder? Could all the forces required to stop him be because he had a gigantic, growing army? Zeus alone was enough to hold him in place, and when the bolt struck he screamed more than he ever did when he got speared by Arthur or ragdolled by Superman. Ares cleaved his shoulder, and he was lower than current Ares.

Wow nice speculation. I feel you are giving his Axe way to much credit than it's due, we can agree it helped at least. The fact is, you don’t see Odin conquering worlds, but you do see glimpses of the type of power Step has when conquering worlds. Keep your fodder lowball comments out of this. They will be dismissed every time. If you want to ignore what was on screen, then I’m done crushing your arguments.

Fodder parademons were enough to incap Steppy, too,

Again, ignore the fact that he can turn his foes into Parademons, so they didn’t all start out that way but were assimilated if you will. One of the abilities Step has. What we learn is that these flying demons prey on fear. As you know the fear was given to him by the Justice League.

I did, but the majority of my post was feat analysis. The word opinion is misleading since you are saying that they are standalone opinions, when I judged Steppenwolf's skills from his feats.

They are opioions though, i'm not trying to mislead you

Thor has lightning for round 2. That is lightning only, which makes skillset out of consideration. Never said he was unstoppable.

The problem is Ares can only be weakened by it. I can't imagine either party being successful using it here. Ares has access to other powers Thor cannot deal with. This is on point.

YOU are the one who is using that label in an CV argument. I am simply contesting your framework, utilizing my ability to disagree with you. But if you want to worship Steppenwolf, go ahead.

Who the hell is worshiping Steppenwolf????? Stay in the battle.....

I never made any statement about religion -- all I said is that the status of a god is defined by the people who believe in them. Otherwise, you know better than to use the status of being a "god" to wank one of Clark's feats. It follows the MOTM tradition of "Thor's not a real god" as an argument. That logic is dangerous. The fact that you automatically assumed that I took it personal says more about you than it does about me.

That, my friend, is ALL IN YOUR head. Now I suggest you re-read my post and show me where I mentioned religion, in a friendly fictional battle?? If you have issues with the word GOD being used on CV, it’s your problem NOT mine.

Steppenwolf is a brick, and the only time "god" has any relevance in battles, is when they are omnipotent.

I’ve already disproved your claim that Loki is more GOD like than Steppenwolf. Deal with it on the chin if needs be. I’ve got my facts straight, and have back up my claims to the teeth.

Yeah, Mjolnir blitzing is something that can be done based on the fact that it followed to where Thor was going even though he was BFRed multiple times a minute.

What is your point? The guy was asking me what can Superman do what Moljnir cant? Join the crazy gang if you like.

Ares best Thor with his range of abilities. That’s the point you need to challenge me on. Not this....very interesting.... but bizarre and weird post you sent to me.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389  Edited By rajjarsalt

I guess this deserves a bump, since

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Thor one-shots, and easily at that.

DammeFavour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#391 Eri_Joni  Online

Thor stomps hard.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#392  Edited By rajjarsalt

@DammeFavour said:

@rajjarsalt: how does this relate to anything here?

Via official metrics it's on the same level of energy as one of Ares's bolts with assumption based calcs.

DammeFavour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: lol what metric? There's literally nothing in what you posted here that backs your claim. What assumptions? It vaporized ares and still had enough to vaporize a crater in the airfield. Even thor's biggest lightning bolt didn't cause as much damage

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#394  Edited By rajjarsalt

@DammeFavour said:

@rajjarsalt: lol what metric? There's literally nothing in what you posted here that backs your claim. What assumptions? It vaporized ares and still had enough to vaporize a crater in the airfield. Even thor's biggest lightning bolt didn't cause as much damage

Thor had enough energy to break apart a significant part of Sokovia with his own strike (confirmed by Tony's AI) and once Iron Man sealed it with his heat seal, it was able to vape most of the landmass. And before you lowball Sokovia, I can do the same with the assumptions said calcers took for Ares's lightning, like -

1. The bolt caused the vaporization (disproven by WW script)

2. Ares will still be able to use any more power after releasing the bolt (disproven by WW script)

3. The destruction was 100% vaporization and 0% cratering.

In which case, it's not even a feat for the lightning, is it. It's as if the lightning blasted thru a bomb full of god-energy and the resulting explosion made a crater.

What metrics? Ofc, Iron Man is charged to 475% power. Even assuming he was at 100% power before Thor blasted him it's still on the level of Ares's bolt.

DammeFavour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#395  Edited By DammeFavour

@rajjarsalt: no he didn't, if he had that much energy, it would have been consistent in the number of movies he's featured in. I still think all he did was overload the energy that was already coarsing through all of the 2km landmass like he did to iron man, also helps that the landmass was held together by an artificial magnetic field that was reliant on the power supplied to the spire. I mean it's not like that huge amount of energy just disappeared.

Wait, where in the script did you see this? I mean we literally see that ares' lightning is explosive, so yes it was all lightning, ares' explosion was in red not blue, rewatch the scene again.

I really need to see this script you keep referring to because nothing in the movie supports that claim.

Mate you can literally see that it wasn't just displacement, please just watch the scene again.

Again, ares' lightning is explosive, you saw in the watchtower too and that was a tiny bit of his power.

How does being charged 475% prove it's as powerful as ares' bolt, mate you're not making any sense. One was able to completely annihilate a person at least as durable as diana and still vaporize part of anchored ground behind while the other was a minor disturbance to gold titanium alloy and you think they are on the same level? Come on

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#396  Edited By rajjarsalt

@DammeFavour said:

@rajjarsalt: no he didn't, if he had that much energy, it would have been consistent in the number of movies he's featured in. I still think all he did was overload the energy that was already coarsing through all of the 2km landmass like he did to iron man, also helps that the landmass was held together by an artificial magnetic field that was reliant on the power supplied to the spire. I mean it's not like that huge amount of energy just disappeared.

Wait, where in the script did you see this? I mean we literally see that ares' lightning is explosive, so yes it was all lightning, ares' explosion was in red not blue, rewatch the scene again.

I really need to see this script you keep referring to because nothing in the movie supports that claim.

Mate you can literally see that it wasn't just displacement, please just watch the scene again.

Again, ares' lightning is explosive, you saw in the watchtower too and that was a tiny bit of his power.

How does being charged 475% prove it's as powerful as ares' bolt, mate you're not making any sense

Why would it have to be consistent if it's his maximum power attack? None of Ares's attacks are consistent with his other attacks either. Tony already supercharged the spire which means that all that energy was negligible to begin with. The magnetic field would only be in Thor's way since it's magnetic force keeps the rock together. When Friday made the statement Sokovia diagram was shown on screen and Thor's strike would be going down the spire and into Stark's heat seal. So the energy would be new since Stark wouldn't need a heat seal for magnetic energy thats holding Sokovia together and not going down the spire, especially when the energy he's contributing is > that energy to begin with.

Here's the script, it has all the other available scripts as well.

https://www.imsdb.com/scripts/Wonder-Woman.html

475% is good proof cuz Tony already has metrics established. His arc reactors have enough gigawattage for 15 minutes (Iron Man 1 and guidebook) and his arc reactors have improved to 10 GW by A1.

DammeFavour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: his maximum amount of power in universe is the one he used on hela that destroyed the balcony and failed to harm any of the gold that the palace was made of. Ares only has one appearance, there's nothing contradicting this unlike thor that has had at least six features, enough to draw consistency. You do understand the spire is a hollow structure right, there wasn't much energy flowing through it already. You're forgetting the rest of the energy flowing through the city.

How would the magnetic field be in the way, the landmass is essentially just a bunch of rocks held together by the magnetic field supplied by the spire, deactivating the spire achieves the same result just not in small enough pieces.

Like I said, ares explodes in red, the crater explodes in blue energy, and where did it say ares didn't have any more power? It seems like just the bit he pulled from the sky at that moment.

Again, how much of those gigawatts is required to melt through gold titanium and the floor beneath him, I mean those guidebooks also claim his lasers were more powerful than modern nukes but eh

Avatar image for deactivated-60e9d095c91dd
deactivated-60e9d095c91dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu said:

Thor curbstomps. Should be locked as a mismatch.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e9d095c91dd
deactivated-60e9d095c91dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour:

No Caption Provided

This is most def "balcony level"

No Caption Provided

Do you love Ares? lol