• 396 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Havent even watched the movie and I am already 100% sure that Ares would stomp.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#202 the_stegman  Moderator

Dang, this thread came a long way in a short time.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhero24: IMO people are just overestimating them since the movie just came out and it was very good and exciting. His other powers are what makes him tough.

Avatar image for nemesisreloaded
NemesisReloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By NemesisReloaded

OK...

Firstly, Thor didn't tank the city busting blast. The city did. Thor was on the outside of giant lump of city based rock and the rock itself took the vast majority of the energy. I have no idea why anybody would think Thor even took half the power of that blast. Otherwise Ironman also took the same amount of blast force and he is also city busting durability.

Think about it people.

Secondly, Thor did not destroy the city with his own power. He detonated that column with a powered blow from Mjonir and the column blew up and destroyed the city. Again, I cannot understand how anyone can look at what Thor did and think he destroy that city with only his power. Thats like suggesting the man who lit the fuse to the dynamite that destroy the boulder is powerful enough to destroy boulders. The column through the city destroyed the whole thing, Thor just set it off.

Really.... Think about it people!

Thirdly...

SPOILER

Ares didn't die.

You don't see his body, and the attack he was hit with was his own, directed back at him, which he summoned in the first place and held in his hand. He's not dead.

Area's could fly, manipulate matter, telekinetically move huge chunks of earth, summon lightning, teleport/move so fast WW couldn't see him. Of his powers, these were the ones used in combat. Thor could not beat him.

/SPOILER

Fourth, if Wonder Woman killed Ares she would have become the God of War herself.

Fifth, Gal Gadot and Chris Hemsworth both agreed that Wonder Woman would kick Thor's ass.

@galactic_1000

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nemesisreloaded: Ares is dead. Unless you can show definite evidence that hes alive. The column was unharmed, see for yourself. Iron-man was at the bottom of the city and only took a fraction of the blast, while Thor was right at the epicenter of the explosion. As far as what destroyed the city, it was said in the Guidebook to the Marvel Cinematic Universe-Avenges Age of Ultron. It says It was Thor's and Iron-man's power combined that destroyed the city.

Loading Video...
Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either Diana is the one who imbues her weapon since she's more familiar with her powers in BvS or her current weapon is actually magical, either way it's obvious Doomsday wasn't just cut by a random sword considering Diana cut a car flying at her in half with complete ease during BvS

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderprince: that would make sense if thor's most powerful lightning stream wasn't the one on the chrysler tower and that wasn't capable of destroying a city unless u think leviathans have city level durability

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour: You'll have to take it up with Marvel because that is canon.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderprince: no its not. the guidebook also makes mistakes. The movie is the primary source of information

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By ThunderPrince

@DammeFavour: Sorry to break it to you but Marvel decides what is canon and what is not.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By ThunderPrince

@DammeFavour: Yes, as it was published by Marvel as the Official Guidebook.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84a212043e5
deactivated-5a84a212043e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just saw WW. This would be an interesting fight. It's not at all a stomp, Ares is being overhyped. Physically the two are not too dissimilar. I think this battle comes down to Ares TK and whether or not Thor can overcome it, because if he can, I don't see why he can't replicate the 'I kill you with my lightning blast' move that WW used.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor wins. He is stronger, more durable, and more powerful. Ares didn't do anything Thor has not seen or defeated before.

NemesisReloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By NemesisReloaded

@nemesisreloaded: Ares is dead. Unless you can show definite evidence that hes alive. The column was unharmed, see for yourself. Iron-man was at the bottom of the city and only took a fraction of the blast, while Thor was right at the epicenter of the explosion. As far as what destroyed the city, it was said in the Guidebook to the Marvel Cinematic Universe-Avenges Age of Ultron. It says It was Thor's and Iron-man's power combined that destroyed the city.

I apologise for the way I wrote that. I mean that the column blew up [the city] and destroyed the city. Not that the column blew up and it blowing up destroyed the city.

You're still wrong.

The Guidebook also says

After Fury arrived aboard a SHIELD Helicarrier to evacuate the population, Thor delivered the final blow to the Vibranium core holding the city aloft.

In other words, the vibranium column was being used to hold the lump of rock together and when IronMan and Thor attacked it with a lot of power, the rock disintegrated. IronMan and Thor did not create a city level attack together. That's nonsense and contrary to everything else either of them have ever done. It was the vibranium core.

Also, the rule of movie deaths is that unless you see the body, that the character is obviously dead, such as the man in the clock tower that Wonder Woman smashed to pieces, or that the character is explicitly stated to be dead, then they are not dead. If you remember earlier in the movie, Zeus himself attacked Ares in the same way and.... Ares didn't die. He's not dead.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nemesisreloaded: She's the godkiller, I think Ares is dead. That's literally what she was made for.

Avatar image for thelastdragonborn
TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nemesisreloaded: This

If thor was a city buster, the guidebook would say thor destroyed the city

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's always the same users who take their sweet sweet time trying to discredit Thor's feats with the most BS induced logic. Makes me wonder what Chris did to them to incite such effort on downplaying one character.

They're not even debating the topic at hand, they're just trying to discredit Thor. It's mind boggling and sad, yet impressive when you think about it.

Rant over.

I still stand by my original point.. this can go either way..

NemesisReloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rudebomberboy01:

Chris Hemsworth played a great character in a great way and helped make one of my favourite CBM's.

Fans of all things look at actions that occur in unreasonable ways and get upset because they get told they're being unreasonable. That's all that's happening. For the record, I already answered this question - I think she'd lose against the Avengers. The only reason Thor's power is being debated is because it directly relates to the question of whether or not Wonder Woman could beat him. Overstating MCU Thor's power as a city buster is just people seeing what they want see.

Those same people will happily ignore that the explosion happened within a giant clump of rock, that the rock will have taken the brunt of the force and that Thor and IronMan were both in relatively similar positions when the rock exploded. So it's not just a matter of people digging at Thor for no reason. When fans are being this unreasonable about what happens in a story, they should be told. If they dont listen because they buried their heads in the sand, is it really that surprising that they'd get told again, or even mocked?

If you could give an adequate explanation as to how

• Thor could be said to be at the epicentre of the explosion - even though that was within the rock itself and Thor was not;
  • or how Thor is a city buster, even though it was explicitly stated in the movie by Stark that the Vibranium core was holding the rock together which is why he and Thor attack it;
  • or how the explosive force that destroyed the floating island somehow mostly was not dispersed into the rock that surrounded it, but instead was focused on Thor, even though explosive forces spread out in every direction and are reduced the further they spread;

If you could explain at least those three things in a reasonable way, I would listen. But it hasn't been done, and I'm guessing it wont be. There's a reason for that.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor.

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@nemesisreloaded:

• For the first one and third one here is my opinion. Remember the stuff on the surface of sokovia also was bathed in massive amounts of energy. Everything but Thor was turned into dust this includes buildings, cars, etc. Thor may not have tanked the full force but he still tanked a considerable amount of energy. The explosion has been calced at multiple times a regular nuke which would mean Thor still survived what a 100th, 1000th, 1000000th that would still be multi city block level durability and a better feat of durability than most comic book moie characters. Thor is more durable than everything on top of Sokovia combined.
cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ares doesnt like lightning. Bye bye ares.

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@transformaa: And yet Psylocke still cut a car in half would you say she can cut DD arm off as well. I asked you to provide any reliable source to state that the sword in BVS was any more special than other earthly materials. And please prove that Hulk or Tgor have the same magical weakness kryptonians have.

The problem with DCEU fans have this veiw that anything in DC is more special than oyher universes without having to prove it

@gxrevs06: i remeber the boulder scene but remember theres magnetic particles in the ground as well. Ultron did similar and most people agree it was a form of Electromagnetism not general TK.

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nemesisreloaded:

Fans of all things look at actions that occur in unreasonable ways and get upset because they get told they're being unreasonable. That's all that's happening.

Well of course this can be said about any character from all and every medium, but that isn't just what is happening here. You have certain users who make it their life long goal to trash-talk certain characters and just lowball them into the gutter. It's sad how obvious it is, and quite pathetic. For every 5 mid-high end feat you provide for Thor, they will bring a low showing and stick to that in an attempt to discredit the high ones.

For the record, I already answered this question - I think she'd lose against the Avengers. The only reason Thor's power is being debated is because it directly relates to the question of whether or not Wonder Woman could beat him. Overstating MCU Thor's power as a city buster is just people seeing what they want see.

Point me to where people are claiming Thor is a city buster here. Ain't this a thread about Ares and Thor.

Those same people will happily ignore that the explosion happened within a giant clump of rock, that the rock will have taken the brunt of the force and that Thor and IronMan were both in relatively similar positions when the rock exploded.

So it's not just a matter of people digging at Thor for no reason. When fans are being this unreasonable about what happens in a story, they should be told. If they dont listen because they buried their heads in the sand, is it really that surprising that they'd get told again, or even mocked?

*sigh*

Thor fans are getting frustrated, not because they're wrong(they very well might be) but because the reason is entirely subjective, but people try to pass it off as fact.

If you could give an adequate explanation as to how

Thor could be said to be at the epicentre of the explosion - even though that was within the rock itself and Thor was not;

The explosion originated from Thor's position:

Loading Video...

You literally see buildings start disintegrating at the top all around Thor as soon as he landed the hit. Thor was the catalyst, how people try to prove the explosion didn't originate from his position is mind boggling when it's right in front of them.

or how Thor is a city buster, even though it was explicitly stated in the movie by Stark that the Vibranium core was holding the rock together which is why he and Thor attack it;

And what does any of the prove? What if I told you that the event could be interpreted in multiple ways because of how unclear it all was, and how there is no empirical way of concluding what happened exactly?

Which is why I find it silly when people try to "debunk" it with their own narratives.

Typical argument 1.

"Thor attacked the Vibranium which caused the explosion/the Vibranium exploded"

DCEU fans: "Yes definitely, that's what happened."

Except the Vibranium was still intact after the fact.

Typical argument 2:

"Vibranium absorbs and deflects energy, all Thor had to do was overload it"

DCEU fans: "Oh Lordy Lord Amen Hallelujah Preach it brother"

Even though Vibranium was never explained to have those properties.

Typical argument 3:

"Iron Man capped the end and Thor hit the Vibranium with enough energy to destroy the rock as it doubled back through the Vibranium."

DCEU fans: BLASPHEMY!

The list goes on, but I'm sure you get the gist and hopefully you can understand how/why people get frustrated with it.

or how the explosive force that destroyed the floating island somehow mostly was not dispersed into the rock that surrounded it, but instead was focused on Thor, even though explosive forces spread out in every direction and are reduced the further they spread;

I'm sure people are getting mixed up because the explosion originated from Thor's position so people will think he is absorbing all of the force.

If you could explain at least those three things in a reasonable way, I would listen. But it hasn't been done, and I'm guessing it wont be. There's a reason for that.

The reason is differing opinions. One side refuses to acknowledge the other while having strong beliefs that their opinion should be the way to go, no other way. Hence mayhem.

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If wonder woman's best strength feat was lifting a tank then she's not on thor level. That's war machine level of strength.

Actually mslekeith have better feats than ares, including telekinesis , and thor still stalemated him.

Thor still wins.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor survived the city exploding. That's not even debatable he was literally in the center of the explosion ffs.

Transformaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Transformaa

@thanosii: http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/06/03/wonder-woman-movie-powers-abilities-dceu/#6

Show proof of hulk and Thor being invulnerable to sharp magical swords/objects..Hulk was cut up by a helicopter explosion in his solo movie and Thor already got stabbed by regular daggers from loki. You're debating her sword is weaker than an explosion and small blades?

Sappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's been said that only the Godkiller could kill a God.

Thor is no Godkiller.

Ares kills him.

Sappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kingyang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By Kingyang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dami24434: malekith never had telekinesis. Diana's best strength feat is completely stopping doomsday's arm. Thor's best strength feat is lifting a table and struggling to stop hulk's arm

Sappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foxerdes: "Only kryptonite can kill doomsday" *NLF*

"The Godkiller was made by Zeus itself to kill a God and it is the only way" *NLF*

"Vibranium can absorb all the damage" *NLF*

"Adamantium it's the most resistant metal on earth" *NLF*

"The infinity stones are the most powerful weapons in the universe" *NLF*

"Superman is faster than a speeding bullet" *NLF*

I can go on all night...

If it's stated to be it, i don't see why it shouldn't be... because you say so?

Xerolot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#238  Edited By Xerolot

Lol at Ares being invulnerable to everything what is not a god. I guess that if the Death Star destroyed entire planet with one shot, Ares would tank it fine because Death Star is not a god? Anyway Ares wins. More versatile and telekinesis combined with teleportation is a deadly combo.

Sappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foxerdes: A God is a God, no need to expain. Ares has lived for thousand years and is the son of the One who create the entire World with human beings and amazons plus a "weapon" who can challenge and kill a God.

Being Godlike is not being a God. Chimps have humanlike fisionomy and brain but they are not humans.

We can easily say that pummeled all day won't kill a God, just like it didn't worked with Doomsday cause of his particularity.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Thor. More powerful. For round 1 did Ares even do anything hand to hand?

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#243 Lunacyde  Moderator

@thanosii said:

@transformaa: And yet Psylocke still cut a car in half would you say she can cut DD arm off as well. I asked you to provide any reliable source to state that the sword in BVS was any more special than other earthly materials. And please prove that Hulk or Tgor have the same magical weakness kryptonians have.

The problem with DCEU fans have this veiw that anything in DC is more special than oyher universes without having to prove it

@gxrevs06: i remeber the boulder scene but remember theres magnetic particles in the ground as well. Ultron did similar and most people agree it was a form of Electromagnetism not general TK.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Tech Manual states that the sword is magically imbued.

Sappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By Sappat

@foxerdes: When was stated that Doomsday absorb kinectic energy? if that was the case not even WW's sword would have cut him since it was kinectic energy.

I don't need to explain. The movie it self said so with more than one character with authority to say so... i don't understand what's so difficult to you to understand.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#245 Lunacyde  Moderator

@sappat said:

@foxerdes: "Only kryptonite can kill doomsday" *NLF*

"The Godkiller was made by Zeus itself to kill a God and it is the only way" *NLF*

"Vibranium can absorb all the damage" *NLF*

"Adamantium it's the most resistant metal on earth" *NLF*

"The infinity stones are the most powerful weapons in the universe" *NLF*

"Superman is faster than a speeding bullet" *NLF*

I can go on all night...

If it's stated to be it, i don't see why it shouldn't be... because you say so?

Superman being faster than a speeding bullet is not a no limits fallacy. I'm not sure that you understand the concept.

Xerolot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#246  Edited By Xerolot

I don't need to explain

What a powerfull argument in a debate. Kudos

No Caption Provided

Sappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By Sappat

@lunacyde: you know that a shot's speed depends on the weapon and the bullet? you think they all go at the same speed lol

how do you know if in the DCEU there's a weapon that shoots at mach 800... would DCEU Superman still be faster? no? well that's a NLF statements?