User Lists: 0

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

@thelastdragonborn: i think you misunderstood me. Thor was in the center of the city so if he wasn't hit and the explosion only hit in front of him it wouldn't be able to destroy the other half of the city.

Avatar image for thelastdragonborn
TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@americanspeeddemon: Hm just saw. Im not sure. Its really vague. From what I saw, The explosion barely even touched Thor. It spread around him and he looked KOed. Iron Man also tanked it as well and he is basically aluminum

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By GXrevs06

@thelastdragonborn said:

@gxrevs06: wait really? that strong?

Yh but he would probably lose in a fight since Clark is little more versatile and has a better collection of established feats to go off. We also do not know if magic can hurt him or not. If it can, then a case could be made for Ares

americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelastdragonborn: Iron man was only at the edge of the blast. Also if we compare it to Thor striking cap's shield another source of vibrainium in Avengers 1 there's little doubt he got hit.

TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@americanspeeddemon: Yeah but then there are also scenes where he gets beaten by Kurse and Ultron. He was also scared of a fall from the helicarrier into the ocean.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@americanspeeddemon: the explosion DID NOT start from mjolnir, electricity from mjolnir only overloaded the core that was within the city. It was the core that exploded

americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelastdragonborn: Kurse and Ultron should both be above Thor in physicals including striking and Thor was really just stalling against Ultron and took no real damage. Kurse did as much damage to Thor in a minute as the exploding city.

Their are a few things regarding the fall first he was going to fall on land, second he was in a cage designed to compact on impact with enough force to theoretically kill the hulk, third he was possibly still weakened from his travel to earth as mentioned in the tie in comic though I don't really know when he would have gotten to full power. Definitely after the Iron man fight but before the final battle.

TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@americanspeeddemon: Kurse and Ultron are above Thor but htey arent really strong. Kurse is basically Nam ek but slower and weaker. WW would kill him as would Nam ek. Same with final form ultron. He wasnt impressive either.

americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour: The core was a solid vibrainium pillar and was still completely intact. Additionally Ironman said the energy would double back meaning Thor definitely got hit and even if the core was what exploded, which is doubtful because it was literally the only thing left Thor would have still gotten hit. Think about it this way everything around him including the building he was in was disintegrated. How then would Thor have dodged the explosion which destroyed the floor right under his feet.

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 nwname  Moderator

@DammeFavour: @americanspeeddemon: there was an official comfirmation of the blast being powered by thor too. So in energy projection(R2) he should take it. But idk since its not out here atm.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By del_torro

Woooow so the sokovia blast never hit Thor at all?

Avatar image for captaincanada37
CaptainCanada37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ares wins pretty badly, even a bit tempted to call it a stomp.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Ares wasn't Kryptonian level with regards to physicals so Thor has a pretty good shot here. He's more durable and more skilled so probably him.
  2. Thor handily. Compare the blast that destroyed Ares to what Thor can and has already produced (particularly on the rainbow bridge and in the forest in Avengers) and it should be obvious he's destroying him with a serious hit.
  3. Either way. Ares's weather manipulation isn't as good but his TK makes up for it, Thor has energy projection and durability to compensate for it. If Ares started using some of his other powers (i.e teleportation) he should win although he seemed to forget he had that ability in the final fight.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

1. Ares wasn't Kryptonian level with regards to physicals so Thor has a pretty good shot here. He's more durable and more skilled so probably him.
  2. Thor handily. Compare the blast that destroyed Ares to what Thor can and has already produced (particularly on the rainbow bridge and in the forest in Avengers) and it should be obvious he's destroying him with a serious hit.
  3. Either way. Ares's weather manipulation isn't as good but his TK makes up for it, Thor has energy projection and durability to compensate for it. If Ares started using some of his other powers (i.e teleportation) he should win although he seemed to forget he had that ability in the final fight.

I heard that Ares can only be killed by a God or someone with god blood,so Thro can't kill him.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buildhare said:

I heard that Ares can only be killed by a God or someone with god blood,so Thro can't kill him.

He said that only a god can kill another god in a time before god like beings had arrived on DCEU earth. I took it to mean god like with regards to powers and abilities rather than a literal title, otherwise DCEU Ares could stomp Silver Surfer, Dormammu and Doomsday at the same time because they don't meet that criteria, despite all of them being obviously more powerful than him.

Doubt it was literal.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21 said:
@buildhare said:

He said that only a god can kill another god in a time before god like beings had arrived on DCEU earth. I took it to mean god like with regards to powers and abilities rather than a literal title, otherwise DCEU Ares could stomp Silver Surfer, Dormammu and Doomsday at the same time because they don't meet that criteria, despite all of them being obviously more powerful than him.

Doubt it was literal.

Doubt is not a prove,right?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ares stomps hard all rounds, thor is not really a skilled fighter, he's more of a brawler (ask iron man or loki or kurse or malekith)

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By buildhare

@buildhare said:
@matchesmalone21 said:
@buildhare said:

Doubt it was literal.

Prove it was literal then? There are reasons to assume it wasn't (absence of other powerful beings that weren't gods when he made that statement) but none to assume it was.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21 said:
@buildhare said:
@matchesmalone21 said:
@buildhare said:

Doubt it was literal.

Prove it was literal then? There are reasons to assume it wasn't (absence of other powerful beings that weren't gods when he made that statement) but none to assume it was.

I can't prove and neither you...so is still debatable

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DannyDared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By DannyDared

I think the earlier version of Diana is strong, she is more magical goddess like, less mortal.

@thehunter said:

@allstarsuperman: tbf, this is an earlier version of Diana. She's slower than the WW we saw in BvS.

I think she might be faster

There's a scene in the trailer where gunfire looks as if its almost in slow motion

Thor does have speed but I think Diana is much faster than him, also she seems more skilled. Thor just bullrushes with his speed and tries to land a big haymaker with the hammer, his fighting style is not too different to Hulks while Diana is at least a trained warrior.

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could go either way.

Avatar image for deactivated-61e3068763b41
deactivated-61e3068763b41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol Ares absolutely destroys.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 rogueshadow  Moderator

Like I said in another thread, I seriously doubt "only a God can kill another God" is literal, I doubt Ares is including Darkseid or Kryptonians amongst that, just that the meagre powers the Atlanteans, Humans and Amazons can summon are insufficient, just as they would be insufficient against Zod, Superman or Doomsday.

It's the Hancock argument again, he's considered invulnerable because nothing the 21st century has thrown at him has been able to hurt him, that doesn't mean he can beat Kingdom Come Superman or tank a supernova to the face.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People saying Ares is super strong give me some strength feats? He has none on Supes level

americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelastdragonborn: I think Kurse is above Nam Ek in striking feats and reaction speed the thing about him and especially Ultron is that their only real feats are against other characters for the most part. Plus neither ever really struggled or showcased what their upper limit was. Ultron is incredibly hard to scale as his only real feat is stomping Vision who also is lacking in feats.

Kurse imo is pretty impressive. He definitely scales above everyone else Thor has faced in the MCU thus far.

TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@americanspeeddemon: Kurse has better and more striking feats. Reaction feats are roughly the same. Either way, the general consensus here is that nam ek is stronger than kurse and nam ek is really just a henchmen kryptonian.

americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelastdragonborn: i think you mean Namek has better striking feats but almost beating Thor to death someone who fought the Hulk and recieved basically no damage, laughed off attacks from an infinity stone, has tanked multi building to town sized energy waves, and who survived a city exploding is better than any of Nam Ek's striking feats imo.

TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheArchon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People saying Ares is super strong give me some strength feats? He has none on Supes level

He doesn't need feats on Superman's level. Superman is way stronger than Thor.

americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelastdragonborn: Has Namek every demonstrated the ability to casually stomp somebody with city level durability? I think Kurse would basically stomp Namek but we're getting off topic i'll bump a thread to talk about this.

TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@americanspeeddemon: Does he need to? Thor got bloodied after a boulder hit him. Thor isnt city level in durability. You think Kurse would stomp Nam ek? Thats cool... but in almost every kurse v nam ek thread, nam ek has won. He has better speed, striking , and durability. He wins.

And if we go by Kurse > Thor then Nam ek > thor as well.

Nam ek did well against superman as well who is >>>> thor

americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelastdragonborn: If Thor doesn't have city level durability how'd he no sell the city block sized bifrost explosion or the town sized destroyer explosion? How'd he survive the city level Sokovia explosion? Also iirc Thor basically tanked the boulder with no problem and was bloodied after Kurse's beating. Kurse has much better reaction feats reacting to mjolnir which has moved at 100s of times the speed of sound is better than anything Namek has done and no selling all of Thor's attacks is better than any of Namek's durability feats. Thor has much better feats than Namek which is why i think Kurse would stomp. That's the last i'll say on this page about it because it's pretty tertiary to the actual topic at hand i'll bump a thread if you want to further discuss this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a220d15cc740
deactivated-5a220d15cc740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol at Nam-Ek > Kurse. I don't see Nam-Ek b!tchslapping Mjolnir in mid air or tanking it without flinching considering he's been Ko'ed by much less. The only feat that Nam-Ek has that makes him seem stronger than Kurse is the locomotive throwing feat. Everything else points to Kurse being the superior of the two.

TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@americanspeeddemon: Mjolnir was not moving at that speed when he threw it -_- by this logic nam ek and superman fought at mach 100 since superman can fly that high. No selling thors attacks?

Lol... thor did like 3 punches and they were weaker than captain americas punches. Pathetic fight. Thor has much better feats than nam ek but nam ek is still superior to kurse. i think thor beats nam ek but nam ek outclasses Kurse, feel free to bump the kurse v nam ek thread.

TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_fallen_lord: Nam ek has faster speed feats, faster combat feats, stronger durability, and better striking feats. He beats Kurse. Nam ek would do the exact same to Mjolnir. Nam ek has not been KOed either. Kurse is weak as is thor

on topic... i need to see the movie first but ww > thor so i bet ares > thor

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thearchon: I'm referring to the people saying he has Superman level stats feats when he doesn't

Avatar image for deactivated-5a220d15cc740
deactivated-5a220d15cc740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just saw the movie, Thor stomps.

TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_fallen_lord: Yes yes I can. Will I? No. Just go to the Kurse v Nam ek thread. all the arguments in favor of nam ek are right there and the general consesnsus is that nam ek wins either way. I made a thread about it a few months ago and nam ek won the poll handily. See Mutant230s post on it. My posts are there as well.

Ive learned at comic vine people dont change their views in battle threads so its pretty much useless. Nowadays I just debate it and see the results with the general consensus.

maiamaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ares, most likely. His transmutation/ telekenisis gives him a huge edge. As for lightning, hard to say. When Diana caught and threw back the lightning bolt, it left a massive crater. Overall I'd say Ares.

TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maiamaku: transmutation and telekenisis? hot damn. How can anyone say thor wins with those abilities plus extremely strong strength and durability (apparently)

maiamaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelastdragonborn: I dunno if transmutation is precisely the right word... but he was able to transform metal in the area into weapons and armor.

sl-wopr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ares wins all rounds. Also the lightning that he unleashed on WW and then she used to kill him made a big crater. Meaning he is far above Thor in that department. Thor's most good feats come from lightning empowered mjolnir strike not the lightning itself. Even in Avengers when he redirected multiple lightnings to take on enemies arriving from portal they weren't even close, a lightning rod wasn't even damaged.

Six-Deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sl-wopr: IDK man,the lightning Thor used on the portal in Avengers was very impressive. Had enough concussive force to push back multiple building sized worm monsters flying downward. I think Thor's chances rest on Ragnarok however and how that is resolved. He will need a power boost to trounce these hack DC varlets.

Kingyang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hulkuberstomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour: that shockwave trashed entire building and Thor tanked it without much damage