DCEU Ares vs MCU Doctor Strange

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
RampageTheFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

How? Maw has just telekinesis and wrecked strange. Ares is massively faster, stronger and on top of many powers has telekinesis just like maw. Infinity war wank never ends.

Yeah nah, the only reason Strange lost that fight was because of the time stone, he tried to activate it and it costed him the entire battle. He doesn't have it in this battle. Ares is not faster than thought nor is he actually strong enough to hurt Strange or get through that cape just like Maw failed to do so. I am not wanking IW characters lol.

BlackPhillip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ares easily.

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Nucleon

@DammeFavour: Maw's telekynesis is stronger by feats as well as by circumstances; Maw overpowered many heroes, half of them ridiculously more powerful than WW, at the same time - and he won, whereas Ares got his arse beaten by WW - and the power of Love.

Thor's lightning makes a joke out of Ares'. Thor one-shotted two leviathans with it, as well as floating Sokovia, and that was before he had his power-up. I don't care if it was exploding, magical or colourful but what killed Ares was insignificant next to what Thor can produce.

While we're there, might as well talk about Ares' strength when he delivered Steppenwolf a blow that looked as insignificant as WW or Aquaman's blows against him. He has no more success as a brick than he has as a telek. Truth is, Ares has no real defined powers of his own - he just eats in every plate, and that's why he always come up second powerwise.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c
deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing Ares's nigh featless lightning can do is one-shot himself. Also, Images of Ikonn handle it. Mirror Dimension takes care of the crappy telekinesis that people are going to equate to Maw when it couldn't even hold WWI Diana.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bc6a17e6d482
deactivated-5bc6a17e6d482

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Laurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange.

AgentEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange is a glass cannon. He either ends this fight very quickly by BFRing Ares to the mirror dimension or immoiblizing him like he did to Thanos, or he gets one shotted.

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ares easy

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Supermanforever

@rampagethefirst said:
@supermanforever said:

How? Maw has just telekinesis and wrecked strange. Ares is massively faster, stronger and on top of many powers has telekinesis just like maw. Infinity war wank never ends.

Yeah nah, the only reason Strange lost that fight was because of the time stone, he tried to activate it and it costed him the entire battle. He doesn't have it in this battle. Ares is not faster than thought nor is he actually strong enough to hurt Strange or get through that cape just like Maw failed to do so. I am not wanking IW characters lol.

how isnt he strong, just single backhand sent wonder woman 50 meter flying into a tank and ragdolled and dented 30 ton tank. Strange or maw are miles of his category in terms of his strenght. Secondly he was fighting wonder woman in h2h who is easy bullet timer. Since when were maw or strange bullet timers?

Not strong enough to harm strange? lolm wut Strange literaly has no durability. Maw could have easly killed him hadnt it been about taking the stone.

Yeah strange gets stomped.

Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Supermanforever

@nucleon said:
@supermanforever said:

Ares wrecks lol, people smoking weed on here. Maw who has just one of many Ares powers stomped strange. Ares is faster, more durable, far stronger and has telekinesis which stomped strange.

Ares curbs.

Honestly, Ebony Maw used his much, much stronger telekynesis like a master when compared to Ares' dabblings with it, he couldn't even get a hold on Diana, a 120lbs character.

I said it, I repeat again; Ares showed a large array of mediocre powers. Strange chokes him with his cloak.

Ares got wonder woman and catched her with tank metal, wonder woman is actually bullet timer. Ares will easly incapacitate strange easly.

Also 120 wonder woman can lift 30 ton tank, fight with doomsday.

Ares absolutely wipes the floor. Can fight equaly againt bullet timer>strange speed

can throw a punch that ragdolls 30 ton tank like 50 meter away from impact alone>>>>Strange.

Has telekinesis, lightning attacks.

"Ares telekinesis is small stuff compared to maw"

based on what?

Yeah ares stomps.

RampageTheFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By RampageTheFirst

@supermanforever: Wonder Woman wasn't even utilising her super speed when she fought him lol and using his strength against an opponent that has nothing to do with strength is just a shitty comparison. Ares has been caught off guard by Diana when she actually did utilise her speed.

Ares isn't strong enough to get past that mirror dimension forcefield, he easily blocked the power stones beam and counterattacked instantly.

Yeah, Strange teleports him away or puts him in a loop.

CyberpunkCop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mister Doctor stomps

Archangel01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange is just a human

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Mister_Surreal

Doctor Strange should win with some difficulty. He could just restrain Ares then BFR him.

Thoromdil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Thoromdil

Strange was handily beat WITH the eye of Agamotto by a telekinetic far inferior to Ares in every way.

Most detailed and complexed thing Naw did with telekinesis was carve thorns from bricks.

Compare that to Ares molding scraps around him into a detailed armor and weapons of all kinds. Not even close.

Maws most impressive big-scale feat was throwing around cars and similar several tons worth of debris.

Ares casually ripps a huge chunk of landscape mass, easily thousands of tons, and uses just one hand smack it down on WW's head. Again, not even close.

Ares can literally STOMP Strange, EoA and all, with his telekinesis alone. And thats just one of like 15 powers he has, and then theres a massive stat difference too.

This is a spite. Why bump it?

Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Supermanforever

@rampagethefirst said:

@supermanforever: Wonder Woman wasn't even utilising her super speed when she fought him lol and using his strength against an opponent that has nothing to do with strength is just a shitty comparison. Ares has been caught off guard by Diana when she actually did utilise her speed.

Ares isn't strong enough to get past that mirror dimension forcefield, he easily blocked the power stones beam and counterattacked instantly.

Yeah bunch of excuses as predicted.

she was defiantly using her speed in the fight against Ares, secondly not using speed doesnt mean one isnt fast. She could be standing still and still react to bullets no problem.

Even when wonder woman went god mode and started to blitz all those soldiers, Ares had no problems casually tracking her movements.

Ares was only caught ofguard when he was still not armored up, even when they fought they were fighting h2h on equal and Ares actually even blitzed wonder woman. So why would she have any reason not to use her full speed to fight Ares makes no sense.

Mirror dimension is nothing but pure wank and it had diamater of probably 20 meters at best and has literaly no feats in combat. Not to mention Ares just dodges it. It also has no feats of durability, what makes you think it can withstand a blast of lightning? Just ignroing all that Ares just dodges it with flyign of the way.

he easily blocked the power stones beam and counterattacked instantly.

Lol a power stone beam that iron man can no sell, drax and nebula can no sell. Very impressive indeed.

Something makes me think you didnt read the op.

OT ares stomps. Restrains him with TK easly and chops his head of.

RampageTheFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanforever:

Yeah bunch of excuses as predicted.

Lol okay.

she was defiantly using her speed in the fight against Ares, secondly not using speed doesnt mean one isnt fast. She could be standing still and still react to bullets no problem.

So are you saying, that her not using combat speed against Ares still implies Ares has bullet timing combat speed? Are you actually dense? Like, come on, you can at least word it properly.

Even when wonder woman went god mode and started to blitz all those soldiers, Ares had no problems casually tracking her movements.

Because she totally didn't blitz Ares like 5 times in their battle! Let's totally forget that happened and the one time he catches her bullrush, MUST BE BULLET TIMER! Foh I don't have time for your BS.

Ares was only caught ofguard when he was still not armored up, even when they fought they were fighting h2h on equal and Ares actually even blitzed wonder woman.

So after making his armour from scrap, he miraculously developed combat speed? Their h2h does NOT suggest he's a bullet timer at all, I mean, that is just stupid..every time you try to reason, you just end up making yourself look worse.

So why would she have any reason not to use her full speed to fight Ares makes no sense.

That is speculation, we don't need her using it so there's no reason to assume otherwise, sure, she went in for a couple of bullrushes and tried to blitz her and all but that doesn't mean she used her combat speed which she had never used in battle prior to that.

Mirror dimension is nothing but pure wank and it had diamater of probably 20 meters at best and has literaly no feats in combat.

What? Lol..it was literally ONLY used in combat..Are you trolling? or just overwhelmingly dense?

Not to mention Ares just dodges it. It also has no feats of durability, what makes you think it can withstand a blast of lightning? Just ignroing all that Ares just dodges it with flyign of the way.

Yes because Ares totally uses his lightning every time he feels like! He totally didn't use it as a last resort after getting his ass kicked am I right? Let's just ignore that hey.

Lol a power stone beam that iron man can no sell, drax and nebula can no sell. Very impressive indeed.

Those a durability feats for them.

Something makes me think you didnt read the op.

He doesn't need the time stone to do that, something tells me you didn't pay attention while watching Thor Ragnarok.

OT ares stomps. Restrains him with TK easly and chops his head of.

Yeah, nah.

Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rampagethefirst:

So are you saying, that her not using combat speed against Ares still implies Ares has bullet timing combat speed? Are you actually dense? Like, come on, you can at least word it properly.

I never said Ares was bullet timer. I said he could easly fight of a bullet timer and she had no reason to hold back and she was defiantly using superspeed mutliple times. Even when she has gone into god mode and blitzed all those soldiers he casually kept up with her and tracked her no problem. Now give me one single instance of strange actaully holding of against casual bullet timers? Who is dense you are acting as if strange is remotely close to Ares in term of speed.

Because she totally didn't blitz Ares like 5 times in their battle! Let's totally forget that happened and the one time he catches her bullrush, MUST BE BULLET TIMER! Foh I don't have time for your BS.

Nope she didnt blitz Ares a single time. Once she caught him ofguard when he dropped a landmass on her and thought he caught her, second time she just bullrushed him. So stop making asspulls about her blitzing Ares.

What bs that ares casually fought bullet timer and held his own? While strange fought snails? Dude you are trying to hard.

So after making his armour from scrap, he miraculously developed combat speed? Their h2h does NOT suggest he's a bullet timer at all, I mean, that is just stupid..every time you try to reason, you just end up making yourself look worse.

I never said he miracoulosly got stronger and faster when he built armor, but he fought more seriously as before that he was just casually standing there and using TK. After he got armor on he was actually fighting.

DUDE READ MY FKN SENTENCE and tell me where i said Ares was bullet timer. I never said ares was a bullet timer by feats. I said Ares fought a bullet timer and held his own easly and fighting wonder woman she defiantly used her superspeed. If you trying to say she and they were fighting casual human or strange level then you are lying to yourself.

That is speculation, we don't need her using it so there's no reason to assume otherwise, sure, she went in for a couple of bullrushes and tried to blitz her and all but that doesn't mean she used her combat speed which she had never used in battle prior to that.

Same way you are speculating about mirror dimension, also its not speculation she definantly used superspeed. I never said ares was bullet timer, but compared to strange who is an actual human level in terms of speed Ares is miles faster. You are also nicely denying how he was easly tracking wonder woman while she was blitzing all those soldiers.

Now tell me this. You think easly tracking how wonder woman blitzed those soldiers is human level speed? srsly?

Loading Video...

she had never used in battle prior to that.

go rewatch them movie instead of posting bullshit like this.

What? Lol..it was literally ONLY used in combat..Are you trolling? or just overwhelmingly dense?

Dude keep your insulting to yourself, its strating to become cringy.

Used in battle against thanos? i remember. Easly dodgeable and probably can be destroyed. That ability has literaly no feats to suggest it wont be broken from just a blast. I also told you how someone would just dodge it by flying of the way. Unless you think it cover vast distances of space which it does not.

Yes because Ares totally uses his lightning every time he feels like! He totally didn't use it as a last resort after getting his ass kicked am I right? Let's just ignore that hey.

See how your post makes you delusional? Same way i could say like if strange uses mirror dimension whenever he feels like. Why wouldnt ares use lightning whenever he feels like?

Last resort or not its one of his abilties? Thats like saying used mirror dimension as last resort against thanos. He didnt use it against maw did he? Pretty much double standards.

Those a durability feats for them.

Quantify the powerstone beam? I bet you think its planetary dont you. Nebula and drax are planetary confirmed.

He doesn't need the time stone to do that, something tells me you didn't pay attention while watching Thor Ragnarok.

Watching what? since when does strange use time loop without the infinity stone?

Now that we got over with the bullshit you wrote.

Maw with single ability that Ares has stomped Strange while having iron man, wong and spider man against him aswell.

Ares has TK like maw and can restrain him just like maw did, he could restrain ww with TK who is miles stronger than Strange.

Ares is also faster than strange.

Ares has lightning summons, can create swords and is stronger than strange with supermassive marigin.

Conclusion Ares wrecks.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bdbf1dc6fdcc
deactivated-5bdbf1dc6fdcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ares easily. Ares could solo entire Avengers, jobbing Thanos and Black Order at once

felgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dianaallmighty: lmao at the wankage. Just no.

I see strange taking the majority after IW.

Time of OP

Definitely Ares. Stranges appearances upto that point in time hadn't been the most impressive.

AgentEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aka_aka_aka_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ares stomps, he can literally snap Strange in half. He's every Maw is and more, if Maw could beat Strange Ares won't have any difficulty in doing so.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agentex said:

@dianaallmighty: Stop dude. Thor would one shot Ares.

B4 ares gets intangible and with touch obliterates thor ? Yeah....

samhmd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agentex said:

B4 ares gets intangible and with touch obliterates thor ?

Yes, Thor would do that before Ares could do anything. Ares was a jobber.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

Could concievably go either way.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I see Area winning more often than not. Strange is a glass cannon, Ares is not. Strange can't BFR Ares without him coming right back, so he has to rely on raw output and I don't see him doing something that easily to put him down.

samhmd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see Area winning more often than not. Strange is a glass cannon, Ares is not. Strange can't BFR Ares without him coming right back, so he has to rely on raw output and I don't see him doing something that easily to put him down.

Has Ares shown the power to teleport from other dimensions? His best teleporting was only short-range on Earth.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samhmd1: Ares' teleportation works via magic (presumably) and Strange's teleportation works via dimensional energy. I don't think Ares would find any problem returning to Earth if he really wants to with magic. The only limitation I've ever seen with teleportation is either distance or having to be at the location before to visualize. Neither of these limitations are standard, but only add plot points to an overall story.

All this said, I'm pretty sure Ares can come back if he gets sent elsewhere.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samhmd1 said:
@dianaallmighty said:
@agentex said:

So same as Thor is jobber

samhmd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samhmd1: Ares' teleportation works via magic (presumably) and Strange's teleportation works via dimensional energy. I don't think Ares would find any problem returning to Earth if he really wants to with magic. The only limitation I've ever seen with teleportation is either distance or having to be at the location before to visualize. Neither of these limitations are standard, but only add plot points to an overall story.

All this said, I'm pretty sure Ares can come back if he gets sent elsewhere.

Strange's teleporting is just as magical as anything in WW, they just use other terms than "Magic".

samhmd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samhmd1 said:
@dianaallmighty said:
@agentex said:

So same as Thor is jobber

Nope, Thor takes shots from stars.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samhmd1: No, in the MCU, they explicitly stated that there is no magic. They even go out of their way to explain some of the things that people think would he considered "magic". Strange's powers are derived from another dimension in the universe which can do things our dimension can't fathom. It's still scientifical/natural.

Either way, I still don't see Ares failing to come back to Earth if Strange can manage sending him elsehwere.

samhmd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samhmd1: No, in the MCU, they explicitly stated that there is no magic. They even go out of their way to explain some of the things that people think would he considered "magic". Strange's powers are derived from another dimension in the universe which can do things our dimension can't fathom. It's still scientifical/natural.

Either way, I still don't see Ares failing to come back to Earth if Strange can manage sending him elsehwere.

That IS magic, it's just magic given a bit more analysis than just "It's Magic". At no point in Dr Strange do they say "it's not magic".

If we saw Ares being chucked into space and coming back it'd be one thing, but nothing suggests his teleporting is that impressive.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samhmd1 said:
@batman242 said:

That IS magic, it's just magic given a bit more analysis than just "It's Magic". At no point in Dr Strange do they say "it's not magic".

If we saw Ares being chucked into space and coming back it'd be one thing, but nothing suggests his teleporting is that impressive.

We don't need something in Dr. Strange's film confirming it isn't magic. It was established long before that films release that there is no magic in the MCU, but the lines do get so blurred to a point that you may as well call them one and the same. Thor says this line in his first film and that line can be attributed to Thor's own powers along with every other major Asgardian. None of them are mystical in nature, but due to our human primitive understanding and perception, we cannot tell a difference. Matter of fact, Jane talks to Thor and breaks Bifrost travel down to a science and could probably even replicate it with the right tools.

The Ancient One even explicitly tells Strange that their powers come from another dimension that would still be considered natural. He doesn't like the terminology they use for it, so she in turn explains it in scientifical terms that he'd understand. You cannot do this with something considered actual magic.

Then there's Kevin Feige who addresses magic in the MCU and states that it's just continuing Thor's own statement in his first solo film; there comes a point where they're one and the same. This whole concept of magic in the MCU is based entirely on perception and knowledge. If you don't have either to comprehend what you're seeing, you may as well call it magic. Why do you think we still call it 'magic shows' in today's society even though a lot of the tricks have been broken down to tricking perception?

My argument hasn't even addressed that Strange gas to do lots of handwork to make Ares go somewhere else and Ares teleports in the blink of an eye.

samhmd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samhmd1 said:
@batman242 said:

We don't need something in Dr. Strange's film confirming it isn't magic. It was established long before that films release that there is no magic in the MCU, but the lines do get so blurred to a point that you may as well call them one and the same. Thor says this line in his first film and that line can be attributed to Thor's own powers along with every other major Asgardian. None of them are mystical in nature, but due to our human primitive understanding and perception, we cannot tell a difference. Matter of fact, Jane talks to Thor and breaks Bifrost travel down to a science and could probably even replicate it with the right tools.

The Ancient One even explicitly tells Strange that their powers come from another dimension that would still be considered natural. He doesn't like the terminology they use for it, so she in turn explains it in scientifical terms that he'd understand. You cannot do this with something considered actual magic.

Then there's Kevin Feige who addresses magic in the MCU and states that it's just continuing Thor's own statement in his first solo film; there comes a point where they're one and the same. This whole concept of magic in the MCU is based entirely on perception and knowledge. If you don't have either to comprehend what you're seeing, you may as well call it magic. Why do you think we still call it 'magic shows' in today's society even though a lot of the tricks have been broken down to tricking perception?

My argument hasn't even addressed that Strange gas to do lots of handwork to make Ares go somewhere else and Ares teleports in the blink of an eye.

Just because Thor said that science and magic are the same to his people doesn't mean magic doesn't exist in the MCU. And yes, the Ancient One's speech is exactly taking magic and trying to explain it scientifically instead of just saying "It's Magic". As for Strange, based on the stuff we saw him doing in IW I'd say it's hardly time consuming to teleport anymore. He was still learning in his first movie after all.

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By Amonfire1776

Strange destroys him...people bring up Maw...but it ignore him stomping Loki and giving and IG Thanos a very close fight...he can also make clones, bind Ares, Transmutate anything thrown at him...etc...

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samhmd1 said:
@batman242 said:
@samhmd1 said:
@batman242 said:

Just because Thor said that science and magic are the same to his people doesn't mean magic doesn't exist in the MCU. And yes, the Ancient One's speech is exactly taking magic and trying to explain it scientifically instead of just saying "It's Magic". As for Strange, based on the stuff we saw him doing in IW I'd say it's hardly time consuming to teleport anymore. He was still learning in his first movie after all.

The first point you brought up was one I anticipated and that's presicely why I brought Kevin Feige's intentions for the MCU into the fold, but you somehow just ignore that.

Do you understand what magic is? It's supernatural, something that cannot be explained by natural (scientific) means. It transcends understanding of any kind and draws on mysticism. Science is literally the study, understanding and explanation of everything in a universe. The problem comes in with perception. When there is technology so far beyond out understanding, we can comprehend it and dub it supernatural, aka, magic. But that doesn't make it true magic-- or in this case supernatural. Thor saying that it's all science and that it's all one and the same is, again, based entirely on someone's perception of it.

This guy sums up just about everything I've been explaining to you and also explains what's happening with Strange's powers

Loading Video...

He even points out the same thing Kevin Feige said that I linked earlier. It's not a coincidence, thus is just fact.

BlackPhillip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By BlackPhillip

@rampagethefirst:

Wonder Woman wasn't even utilising her super speed when she fought him lol and using his strength against an opponent that has nothing to do with strength is just a shitty comparison. Ares has been caught off guard by Diana when she actually did utilise her speed.

She literally blitzed him multiple times, and outmaneuvered him in close combat. One of Wonder Woman's powers is indeed super strength. You just contradicted your original statement.

He has teleportation, telekinesis, can summon lightning bolts and invisibility. Bullrushing the forcefield is hardly his only option.

And then Ares teleports back and one shots, since Strange has human durability without his shields, which aren't auto.

NiteLite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mister Doctor ftw.

BlackPhillip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NiteLite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackphillip: He can bfr Ares,make clones and kill him,his cloak can also keep Ares distracted for a while while Strange takes him out.These are of the top of my head.

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ares flicks his finger and dead goes Strange

BlackPhillip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nitelite:

He can bfr Ares

No he can't, Ares can teleport. He teleported from England to Belgium instantly.

make clones and kill him

How would that work? The clones aren't going to kill him and his bands aren't effective since again, Ares can simply teleport. He's also far stronger so I'm not seeing why he couldn't just yank him in with TK like Thanos did with the power gem.

his cloak can also keep Ares distracted for a while while Strange takes him out.

His cloak is a nuisance at best and I'm still failing to see how Strange takes him out. With what attack does he kill him with?

These are of the top of my head.

Which is why they seem to be not very well thought out and easily debunked.

omriamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m struggling to say mismatch

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Nucleon

@blackphillip said:

@nitelite:

He can bfr Ares

No he can't, Ares can teleport. He teleported from England to Belgium instantly.

make clones and kill him

How would that work? The clones aren't going to kill him and his bands aren't effective since again, Ares can simply teleport. He's also far stronger so I'm not seeing why he couldn't just yank him in with TK like Thanos did with the power gem.

his cloak can also keep Ares distracted for a while while Strange takes him out.

His cloak is a nuisance at best and I'm still failing to see how Strange takes him out. With what attack does he kill him with?

These are of the top of my head.

Which is why they seem to be not very well thought out and easily debunked.

Ares lacks in raw power. He isn't the beast you described. A bolt of lightning quite inferior to Thor's feats in this sense killed him for good. He wasn't any good with these blades he threw, being slow and innacurate. In fact, he wasn't good in any aspect, be it brute strength, TK, lightning and so on. Jack-of-all trades, master of none indeed.

It took a whole pantheon of clowns like Ares, plus Atlanteans, plus allies to merely placate Steppenwolf. Then Superman swoops in and dispose of that same Steppenwolf in seconds? I am not buying that Ares in any powerful any soon. On the other hand Strange took on 4-Infinity Gems Thanos and he did good. He beat Dormammu. He's in a superior class, power-wise.

BlackPhillip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nucleon said:

Ares lacks in raw power. He isn't the beast you described. A bolt of lightning quite inferior to Thor's feats in this sense killed him for good. He wasn't any good with these blades he threw, being slow and innacurate. In fact, he wasn't good in any aspect, be it brute strength, TK, lightning and so on. Jack-of-all trades, master of none indeed.

It took a whole pantheon of clowns like Ares, plus Atlanteans, plus allies to merely placate Steppenwolf. Then Superman swoops in and dispose of that same Steppenwolf in seconds? I am not buying that Ares in any powerful any soon. On the other hand Strange took on 4-Infinity Gems Thanos and he did good. He beat Dormammu. He's in a superior class, power-wise.

That has nothing to do with anything I said. You didn't respond to any points I made.

With what attack does Strange kill Ares?

How is BFR effective when Ares can literally teleport, a direct counter to BFR?

How does Strange survive a single stab, lightning bolt, being crushed by TK, or burned alive?

When you can answer those question, maybe we can have an actual debate. Until then listing of movie plot points isn't going to get you anywhere but a quick L, like it did the guy I responded to.

So I'm not seeing why Ares still can't stomp and one shot in a myriad of ways.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange wins. Ares is a jobber.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

It's funny to see people think Strange can actually kill Ares, when only a god or demigod is capable of that and Strange is neither.

As for beating Ares off or knocking him out, which is sort of Strange's only option, I wouldn't count on that either... when the only reason he worked well on Loki was because Loki can't teleport, Ares however can teleport and likely between worlds since Olympus isn't exactly known to be on Earth. And as for just zapping him with something... that doesn't appear to be a spell Strange is familiar with for some reason.